Dinosaur RV Park

Drumheller, Alberta

Longitude: -112.715198993683

Roadweary

Aside that it is a very expensive campground, the washrooms and laundry areas are in rough shape. Very run down and dirty every time I went to use them. Fire pits are a joke. They are constructed out of a metal washing machine tub mounted on a lawn mower. All this for an additional $10 rental fee. Main park area is treed and quite nice but the area for longer term campers is on a dirt and gravel site with bare minimal trees. It rained while I was there and that site was just a big soup hole. My review though is based more on the human factor. The staff are friendly and helpful with the exception of an older "gentleman" who maybe needs to retire. He is rude, abrupt and condescending. Instead of asking to see my receipt of proof of payment, he accused me sarcastically of not paying. He rides around the campground on a golf cart leading customers to their sites and then proceeds gruffly in saying something rude or offensive.They took my money no problem and then he immediately made me feel very unwelcome. I stayed here on a long weekend and would never stay here again. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Harnack Family

We spent 2 nights at this campground and I was appalled that you had to pay an extra $10 for a fire pit even if you have your own firewood. Power was disconnected in the shower house for a day with no notice even though they knew it was going to happen. Sites are so close together that, with my slide out, I was touching the camper next to me. The campground is the most expensive I have ever stayed in. Traffic is loud but at least it's easy to get to. Would not recommend this campground unless you are only going there to see Drumheller and not stay at the campground very long. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

L. Allen

Fairly neat grounds and well-spaced sites barely make up for it being at the intersection of two busy highways. The noise drones on all day long. A mountain of used tires is the view in one direction. Half the showers were inoperative, as well as some of the $4 washers. We reserved a power/water site, but were put in a fully serviced one and charged the extra. Some trees make for shade in some sites. Pads are gravel and there is a little grass. The park's four hour tour of the highlights of the area was interesting and contained lots of local history for $25. If the microphone and air conditioning on the bus worked, it would have been better. It's a long walk to town. Wi-Fi is obtained by buying a $1/day voucher good for one device. It expires at checkout time. It's slow and frustrating, but actually reaches the sites. We would probably stay here again. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Motorhome.

Pumacamper

We stayed here for 1 night during the week so the campground was not full. I think if it were a weekend it would feel very full. We had a site with no sewer hookup since we were only staying for 1 night. The campground had a nice playground for the kids and the facilities were very clean and well taken care of. A little pricey for a site without sewer hookup. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

User3761

Hi, The sites are close together. Power is excellent but 30 amp only. (no 15 amp) The wifi requires a voucher--I was too tired to inquire if there is a fee for getting the voucher. The sites are level and shaded. It is a "nothing special" campsite. The manager is friendly. It is pricey for what you get, but that seems to be the trend in Drumheller. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Motorhome.

Ontario Traveller

We were given a site based on a 35 foot 5th wheel trailer. We walked over and looked at it and the trailer would have just fit. The site behind it had their picnic table and stuff right up to the edge of the gravel of our site. Went back in and stated that the trailer wouldn't fit (I wasn't comfortable with it). When I said never mind just give me my money back, there was a offer of a site at Dino RV West (owned by the same people). It was a pull through. There was no grass at all at that site but we took it. Found out when we asked the internet was $5 for 24 hours, Showers were pay. Pool was to pay. You just couldn't go anytime you wanted. I will not stay here again. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

AaronT

We were on the side close to the highway and it was noisy during the day from trucks with Jake brakes. The price is a ripoff, but all of them in Drumheller are. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

mn travellers

This review applies to the Dino RV Nest, next door to and a part of Dinosaur RV Park. We stopped for a two-night stay, but Dinosaur didn't have a 2 night site & took us over to Dino's nest. They gave our site away for the second night and wanted us to fold our camper & move. After much discussion, we decided to go elsewhere. Everything was "extra" - $1 for the shower - $3/day for internet (in the main office only) - $1/cup for coffee - $2.50/round for mini-golf and $10 to "rent" a portable fire ring - all on top of paying over $30 for a 30 Amp & water site. The bathrooms & showers were dirty. There was a pack of young boys running around after 10pm holding the doors to the washroom area shut, opening the door into the ladies' room while I was in there, and playing in the laundry room. The host was a constant smoker, so the office, hall and entry smelled like smoke. I saw some other poor reviews on this place, but took a chance because it was convenient. WARNING- Don't give them your money! The most incredible thing I saw was the seasonal rates - $3300 for 6 mos, $6000 for a year - we pay half that or less for full facilities including pool, hot tub, clubhouse, FREE showers & Wi-Fi where we winter. This outfit is a ripoff. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Iris

There is no reason to choose this park over any other in the area. We were given a site that backed up to a very busy street and paralleled the tire store - perhaps the worst site in the park, and that is the reason I do not rate it higher. It is a short walk to downtown Drumheller over the bridge and a 3 mile taxi ride to the Royal Tyrell Museum - ($20 for the taxi!) The hook-ups were good and the badlands scenery was lovely except for the tire store. The staff was friendly. There is an adorable play area for the kids, mini-golf and the park is decorated with some old farm/mining equipment which is at least something to look at while walking to the dumpsters. All the CG's in the area are roughly the same and equally convenient to attractions so I can't recommend this one over others. It is just a good spot to park while visiting the area. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Motorhome.

CUBduo

After driving 2.5hrs I guess I expected a little more of an Oasis and homebase. Sure, it's got some nice treed lots, but overall I was disappointed with the maintenance and efforts to beautify the park. We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

This park has a great location in Drumheller close to everything, it has plenty of room for big rigs, new showers and restrooms, and great views of the Hoo Doo's. We camped here in 2003 and returned here in 2008. It has mini-golf and a playground for the kids, and it's a short walk down to the water park and the huge dinosaur you can go up inside. Not many of the sites are 50 amp, we had to settle for 30 amp given that we showed up during the middle of a holiday weekend in Canada and the park was full. We were lucking in that someone pulled out of a full-hookup site a day early. The interior roads are gravel as well as the sites, but they do have a concrete patio area with a pick nick table, and grass between the sites. This is the badlands, so it's somewhat desert like and can be dusty at times. Internet network hookups were available in the office for $3.00/hr. We would stay here again if in the area, and recommend this park to anyone visiting Drumheller. The Royal Tyrrell Museum is about 3 miles up the road, and a must see for anyone traveling through the area! We camped at Dinosaur RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Dinosaur RV Park?