Lethbridge, Alberta

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $50.00

Expected more based on GS rating. Sharp turn off frontage road to enter the RV park. Must own the road. Leaving the RV park and heading east requires a u turn through a turnout. Registration queue was nice. Staff was not very welcoming. We were assigned to the Arizona section in the back where most of the bigger rigs were located. Paved interior roads take you to a huge uninviting gravel area with one tree per site and otherwise not a bit of landscaping or grass. Sites were muddy but otherwise level. The area when you first enter the RV park is nicer with grass and more trees. No cable, no over the air and no Free WiFi despite what they tell you. Tried several times at office to get on and couldn't. Utilities worked fine. We were in the back row with highway right above us. Very noisy. Showers were not free but restrooms were nice. For what they charge, would not come back here. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Holiday Trails RV Resorts, owner at Bridgeview RV Resort responded to this review

Hello VegasVagabonds,

I am disappointed to hear your expectations were not met while staying with us. I would like to clarify that a Free WiFi spot is provided in addition to the paid premium WiFi service through out the park. I am unsure why you were unable to connect at the office as it is an open connection. I hope you change your mind and stay with us again in the future.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $48.00

A nice and clean park, but you pay for it. You'd think that for the high price your shower would at least be free. But no. Free WiFi is not true at your site. It's Tango in the park. The freeway is in the back yard, so highway noise is constant.

Access is strange. Going eastbound on 3, you take a roundabout way to get here and make a sharp turn off of a westbound freeway ramp to get into the park. You can't go east from here; you have to go back (westbound) to the exit where you got off eastbound and make a complete loop to get on eastbound.

It's not bad, just weird and inconvenient. Heading westbound, take the exit after crossing the river. Taking the exit prior to that requires a U turn and entering a busy freeway with absolutely no on-ramp. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Go go Coaldale and visit the Alberta Birds of Prey. The only place we've found where you can hold various owls and get close to other birds.

Hello Navadabob,

Thank you for staying with us and submitting a review. We do offer a payed premium WiFi option throughout the park as well as a free WiFi hotspot at the office. I am sorry if this created some confusion during your stay.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $71.00

Don't believe posted nightly rates. They don't include pet fee, taxes and "booking fee"! Only wifi is inside laundry room with three chairs. Pay showers. Nice enough place but come on! WiFi should be everywhere! Also no TV. Bare bones amenities with the highest prices we've seen in Canada. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Hello Jenna69,

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the confusion you experienced regarding rates. All of the items you highlighted are outlined on our website. In addition we do have WiFi throughout the resort. I apologize if you were not made aware of this option during your stay.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $67.00

The campground is right beside a highway, so it got noisy at time for our hybrid travel trailer. Our site was level, but there were no privacy between each site. WiFi was only available at the building, and not at our site. We had a pull-thru site, but at $67, it seemed rather expensive. At the time, Costco in Calgary was selling $100 Gift Certificate for $79.99, and that brought the price down to a more reasonable level. There were activities at the club house, such as pancake breakfast and kids' activities, but we did not use. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Hello Htt_AB,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I would like to clarify that the WiFi at our office is a complimentary Free WiFi Hotspot. In addition to this access point we do offer a premium paid WiFi service throughout the resort. Our upper area is designed with more of a RV Resort layout but we do offer a Wilderness section which provides more trees and shrubbery between sites if you are looking for more privacy in your sites. I would suggest if you return you may want to consider requesting this area.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $67.00

Access to this RV resort could not be more straightforward, with excellent signage along Hwy # 3. Sites are side-by-side with no privacy, though each site has a picnic table but no fire pit. There is a pool and laundry facilities. WiFi is a joke. There is a weak signal at the office. You can purchase WiFi for your site but I was told that it only works when there are no clouds in the sky. The name of the campground is accurate, in that it does have a bridge view, however the campground also backs onto a major highway, so you cannot escape the noise when the big rigs pass by - I guess they didn't want to call it "Bridgeview with noisy highway traffic RV resort". The Alberta campground book lists the price of a full service pull-through site at $48, so I questioned why I was being charged $65 for an overnight stay. She laughed and said that was the weekday rate for a very small RV in the off season. At $67, this campground is a total rip off. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Hello Driftdiver1,

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding Bridgeview RV Resort. While our previous internet service provider was satellite based and extremely foul weather was definitely a factor we have been able to switch to a more reliable ISP and no longer have this issue. I apologize that your expectation of rates was influenced by a 3rd party guide. I suggest using the Holiday Trails website for the most accurate information, specials and online bookings should you wish to give us another try.

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $53.00

Campers keep an eye on your bank statement! I actually stayed here June 2014 (this site will not let you select an earlier date) on my way to Alaska. After reviewing my May 2016 bank statement, I noticed a charge from Bridgeview for May 5 2016. I have only stayed at Bridgeview the one time. This is a fraudulent charge. This place is an ok place to stay but if you stay here, my advice is to pay in CASH only! We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Hello Khamis,

First let me apologize if we were unable to contact you prior to our third party secure credit card company, First Data charging your card for your stay with us. First Data had a glitch where payment for your original stay was authorized on your card but never actually processed. A quick look back in your records will confirm that payment was never made. First Data noticed their error and has processed the outstanding payments just this month which is the charge you see. We also made sure that this error was rectified and will not reoccur. We attempted to contact all of our customers prior to this activity however it seems you were missed. Again my apologies for that. Be assured we do not retain our clients credit card information and security is a top priority. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us directly so we can speak with more detail.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $17.00

This is definitely a park of the haves vs the have-nots. The haves being those who paid the big bucks to become Holiday Trails members and the have-nots, those who paid the big bucks to join a different camping club and choose to stay here under the reciprocal AOR agreement. Although the AOR fees are set, they charge more (plus tax). Dogs are to be on leash and picked up after but are still charged $3 per day each (what this charge provides for the dogs I can't get a definite answer). Not sure if members pay this charge or not but we did notice that a number of the semi-permanent residents let their dogs run off leash without seeming to meet with any opposition from management. There is free WiFi in the clubhouse but if you want it at your site you pay a fee, again, members pay a discounted price, and the WiFi is down more than up and when it is up it is as slow as dial-up most of the time so it seems a waste of money. Showers are not free (at least for non-members). I wonder how Holiday Trails members would feel if they were treated as second class visitors when they stayed at another AOR park? There is a lot of road noise as this park is adjacent to the main highway. On the plus side, the sites are relatively large and the facilities are clean. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Hello Vagabond8400,

I am disappointed to hear in your review that you felt that you were not treated as well as our other guests. It appears that your biggest issue seems to be the additional charges not include under your discounted AOR rate such as pet fees, pay showers and cost for WiFi at your site. I hope to clarify that pets owners are expected to pick up after their pets as you stated. Unfortunately this is not always the case even though we provide a specific off leash pet area with supplied bags to clean up after your 4 legged companion. It sounds as though you are a responsible pet owner and for that we thank you. Pay showers ($1-5 minutes) are in place to encourage conservation of water and off set cleaning costs. As every RV has a shower and every one of our sites is a full hookup: we feel this charge should only be incurred by those using the facilities rather than building this cost into the camping charges for all. Similarly with our Pay WiFi service, which is why we provide a free WiFi hot spot at the office. The only explanation I can come to regarding your comment that we charge more for AOR than the set rate is a misunderstanding of the fact that the AOR rate is set in US dollars and will be subject to exchange rate as we are in Canada. We strive to treat all guest equally and I apologize if we have dropped the ball in your case. I see this is the second review you have posted for Bridgeview and I am glad that you enjoy us enough to return. I hope my explanation is helpful. We hope to see you again in the future.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $30.00

We stayed here for 4 days, the first 2 days were through Passport America, hence the cheaper rate. The regular fee is 45.00 a night Canadian. The park is nice and clean with big sites, wifi is free in the club house but have to pay if you want it on your site. Hookups were in good location on our site not sure if they are all the same. Good place to stay but a little expensive. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

In arizona section

Hello Jimdl,

Thank you for your review of Bridgeview RV Resort. We are very proud of Bridgeview and appreciate your taking the time to share your positive comments. We hope to see you again soon.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $57.00

Bridgeview was our very first stop with our new RV. The park was clean and located in a nice valley close to town. Getting to and from the park was a little awkward, but once you come and go a couple times its easy. We arrived a little late after the camp office closed, but the management had put out a map to our site for us on a bulletin board. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Hello North Star,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you were able to follow the signage and find your way to us. I hope you were able to use your new RV several more times over the summer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $56.00

This campground was hard to get to from the highway, but worth the extra effort to find. Back-in sites were surrounded by grass and trees. Pull-thru sites were in a gravel parking lot with some trees. Convenience store, laundry mat, unheated swimming pool, and clubhouse available. Free WiFi in Clubhouse area. WiFi available at campsites for a fee. Off-leash dog area located in park. This is a membership and public campground. Staff very friendly. Would stay here again if in the area. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $50.00

During our travel to Saskatchewan we had the opportunity to stay at this RV park on our way back to Vancouver, BC. It was clean and well treed. The caretakers were excellent and friendly. The lots were level and easily accessible. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Great shopping in Lethbridge!

Hello Alan,

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us on your travels to the prairies. We hope to see you again.
alm

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $24.00

A large RV park near the highway but the traffic noise stopped around 10. I think big commercial truck drivers cannot drive after that time. ? There was lots of shade from large mature trees, but there were open areas as well. Wifi does not work well at all. Nice staff. There was fresh, local garden produce for sale in their camp store. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Near office
Gravel, Dirt, Grass

The park is on the outskirts of town and the directions aren't great; we stopped at the city visitor center and got map and directions.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $2.00

This park is really great because you get a pleasant stay with all the services you would expect with a full hook up. Sites are level clean and gravelled. Grassy areas are well maintained and the dog run is very nice. Kids love the pool. The park is adjacent to Oldman river on one side and is just out of town which is the way it should be to avoid the city dynamics. There is some noise from the highway but it not bad. Their internet service is bad, it's the service provider Tengonet who make excuses for outdated infrastructure. In this day and age it's unacceptable. Tengonet gets paid and the park takes the hit - figure that out! We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

on river side

Lethbridge has Japanese Gardens, Fort Whoop up, Indian Battle Park, a museum and art gallery and the longest, tallest trestle Bridge in the world. We timed it right for the air show but at $25 a hit its out of running.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $17.00

There are three parts to the park. Towards the back is a parking lot type of area, pull-through and in the open. Second part is the "Wilderness" for tents, and the third area around the Clubhouse is where we were. It is a shady area with mature trees and grass between the sites,. The sites all appear fairly level. There is room to walk the pup and and a fenced dog run area. The laundry is clean with about 8 washers and dryers. The restrooms were clean, the showers needed a token that you purchase in the office. The parks Wi-Fi is only available in the clubhouse or laundry room. TengoInternet is available park wide for a fee. The clubhouse is huge, with a small gym, pool table, big screen TV. The rate reflects a Passport America discount. A We enjoyed our stay here, and we would stay here again. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Sunny Open, Mostly Shady

The campground is a few miles west of town. Shopping, restaurants and attractions are all very convenient. Nice looking town to spend some catch up time.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $2.00

Stayed here in a motor home as a Coast to Coast member. We camped in the newer area so satellite worked OK. Site was large gravel with picnic table. Convenient to Lethbridge and visiting historic museums etc. was convenient. Road is a little noisy but it did not bother us much. Wifi is another issue. It is free at the office area and worked OK. Other wifi is available but you must pay for it. I do not mind paying for wifi however we paid for three days wifi but could not use it at our coach. Tech support said we were too far from the closest antenna. We talked to the office and they returned our money because this problem has happened before. This the part that bothers me the most. If you know it's a problem why do you not fix it? When we travel wifi is very important to us and to have this problem certainly reduced our satisfaction with this park thus the 6 rating. We would stay here again but be very selective as to the site we are assigned. We camped at Bridgeview RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Do not miss the Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump 30 miles north of Lethbridge. Very well done historic park, helpful people and friendly. Love to talk to visitors.

Lots of service providers in Lethbridge and plenty to do in the area.

Are you affiliated with Bridgeview RV Resort?