4.1 Poor

Hours above shown for Mountain Time Zone

Elevation: 5135' (approximate)
  • Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $40.00

I was having engine problems and had to stay somewhere for the night. The office was not open so I pulled into an open spot and planned to check in the morning. At 6am someone was banging on my door threatening to call the police because I was not registered. It was a nightmare. The sites are not level, the park is dirty and the staff unfriendly. I do not recommend this park. Keep rolling and avoid at all costs. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

I40gcrv, manager at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park responded to this review

First of all we are sorry for the issues with your coach, However what you are stating is untrue and incorrect, You pulled into our park at 10:22 P.M according to 1 of our cameras you were parked directly in front of and idled your diesel pusher right next to 2 campers for 20+ minutes waking up the entire front row, Then you never bothered to check the RV park map to see which spaces were available and which were reserved, Then you proceed to pull in to the site facing the wrong direction driving over the sewer lines and parking on top of them leaving your tow vehicle blocking our entrance, Then sitting in your site with your engine running air brakes releasing air, talking loudly and your dog outside barking.
NO-ONE "beat" on your door at 6:00 A.M you started your coach up to idle at 5:10 A.M again dog barking and talking loudly and proceeded to wake the whole the front row up AGAIN, My husband got out of bed to go outside with his flashlight to see if you needed assistance and simply asked you if you checked in at the night box, the answer was NO which is fine however contrary to your misleading review we are quite busy and you possibly could have taken a spot that belonged to someone else that is why we and MOST all RV Parks have a map for night check in we also have an emergency number on the front door and check in box which you would have seen if you would have properly checked in like most RV'ers do. Now when you were helped and directed at 5:30 A.M also on video camera, Walked to a site at the same time my husband also informed you while walking with you of a diesel repair shop just up the hwy, You decided you were just going to leave (we assume) because my husband had to drive 2 miles to the end of town where you were parked under the freeway overpass to get the site payment if you intended to pay for your stay you would have filled out the check in paper work at the light up night check in box, you know the one you parked your tow car in front of it after unhooking at 5:40 A.M so you could back your coach out of the space that you pulled in the wrong direction. So in closing I think it is unfair to leave such a review as you did when it seems you had no intention on paying and now are upset that you got caught.
Our park entrance is well lit and has a light on EVERY pedestal including telephone poles throughout the park. Please E-Mail us your return address so we may send your change and a receipt for your stay. Our Good Sam rate $35.41 includes Tax.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $23.00

Our truck broke down 2 miles from Ash Fork. Good Sam ERS selected this CG for us.

This is a very old, former KOA. Been through a couple of owners since then. As others have stated, the current owner has been putting a lot of money into bringing this place back to its former glory.

We found the Managers to be very accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. This came in handy as we had 9 days to do sightseeing.

For the value - I'd stay here again.

Rate listed was approximate GS daily rate - I paid for a week, then added 2 more nights. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Prescott is less than an hour south. Williams is a 1/2 hour east. Flagstaff is an hour east. The South Rim of the Grand Canyon is 1-3/4 hours NE. Sedona not too too far either. We went to all the places, more than once in 9 days.

There's a truck repair shop (Monte Carlo) nearby at exit 149. They rebuilt the rear axle / diff of my truck.

Williams has some great Route 66 shopping and restaurants.

Jim,

We appreciate your feedback and enjoyed having you, Safe travels to you and your wife come back and see us again!
Ken & Nicki

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $25.00

I had read the last review which was a pretty good and decided to give it a try. We stayed a week. It is very easy to see how much work the new owners are putting into the park and they are very nice and so helpful! Excited about owning the park they have wonderful plans to upgrade, restore and add new features to the park. I would defiantly come back...I'll want to see what they've done and I am very sure my rating of "8" will go up! So, give it a chance. The prices are very reasonable and it is close to "The Canyon" and other fun vacation venues in the area. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

The town of Ash Fork is small and does not have much to offer but the area has much to offer. The pool is going to be open within a month. They are working very hard to get it ready for the summer season.

I40gcrv, manager at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park responded to this review

Thank you Nancy we look forward to your visit again it was our pleasure having you and your husband visit us!
And we loved your jeep safe travels hope to see you again !

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $10.00

Lady who runs the park, and her family are really nice people. The trailer I rented one month at a time was okay. Had to put up a $200 refundable deposit. Refill tanks and clean up was deducted from the deposit. Remaining refund $140. Owner didn't send me my refund, the manager didn't send my refund. I have contacted and contacted and still have not gotten it. It's almost August. If they ask for a deposit don't expect to get it back. They give you the major run around. Now I'm out $140. Can't get any info about the owner who lives in California (which is all I know). It's a shame people have to be this way.

Don't give a deposit won't get it back We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $30.00

Well, I'm going to go against the grain and give this park a good review. Yeah, it's little rough around the edges but the new management are very nice people doing all they can to turn the place around. The sites are level, there is shade over many, water pressure is good, and the internet is free, reliable, and fast. Those things are not something a lot of parks can claim. I suggest you give this place a chance and my impression is it's only going to get better. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not much to do in Ash Fork but Williams isn't far and there's lots to do there.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $40.00

Pulled in and could not believe the mess this place is. Took us to our site, more of a mess, junk all over etc. Wife said she would rather stay in a Wal-Mart than this place as it looked so bad. How this is a Good Sam's park I would never know. We left. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $87.00

We checked into the Interstate 40 RV Park this past weekend and the place was a complete dump! The restroom area was fairly clean, but one of the two toilets wasn't working. The swimming pool advertised was a closed down cesspool with black water at the bottom. We made our reservation two weeks prior and the price was quoted for 4 people for both RV and a tent. When we got there, two of us paid the manager on duty the total fee. But, when our friends arrived later that day, the owner called a police on our friends for asking about the misleading advertised amenities. Then, she told us that the fee we paid earlier was for the RV site, not the camp site. We ended up having to pay another $20 for a tent campsite for our friends. Her action was completely appalling and I've never been to a place where the owner demanded additional money, as our reservation was made weeks ago and the price was quoted. And, this place has the gall to charge $3.75 for 15 minutes of trickling shower! We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Spots 39 and 40

There's nothing to do at this site.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $33.00

This park was on the Good Sam list, but should not be on anyone's list. It was a dump. Poor electrical hookups. The laundry room had 2 of 10 machines that worked and was very untidy. Would not recommend this site to anyone. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sand
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $25.00

This site is currently under rehabilitation. The new owners are making some great improvements to get this place up and running. Not all facilities are functional at this time, but should be soon. I see great measures being taken to modify the previous reviews. I cannot wait until my next pass through to check out the new park. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $28.00

My husband and I stayed at this campground. It was the most trashed campground we have stayed at. I took a walk down below to the back of the campground and there is raw sewage, and its very disgusting. I went to the bathroom that looks like they haven't been cleaned in years. No toilet paper, no paper towels and the showers were nasty. I took a walk to the laundry mat and half of the dryers were out of order, and there was dirt every where. I am coming back to Ash Fork for a reunion and I refuse to stay at this place. I am now going to the one on top of the hill, and I will tell all my friends that are coming, to stay up there too, as its cheaper. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $25.00

My sister and I have been traveling for about six weeks now, through California, Nevada and now Arizona. We happened upon this park quite by accident when asking locals where to camp. This was the most amazing find! By far the best place that we have stayed so far. In these financially challenging times, we are always looking online to find our next destination - keeping in mind our tight budget. What a relief. Very relaxed environment. The manager showed us our cabin, turned on the heat for us and with a smile explained all about the park. The park also has a convenient store and they rent U-Haul trucks. They also have a laundromat, tent camping sites and we both agree, our little cabin was much cozier than any motel room we had stayed in. It's not easy to travel with dogs but our pets were as welcome as us two old ladies. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Campground Cabin.

Date of Stay: April, 2007 - $24.00

This campground has changed it's name to "Grand Canyon RV Park", but there is NOTHING Grand about it! We stayed in this park 3 years ago and enjoyed our stay. I now wish I would have checked before pulling in here. Campground roads are in poor condition with one place likely to ruin a tire if the driver happens to hit the cracked asphalt just right. There is trash everywhere, permanent trailers with junk all around. The playground is dangerous for kids. The playground equipment is falling down! I don't know about the ladies restroom, but I wouldn't even think of taking a shower in the men's. The drain was filled with trash and dirt. The laundry seems pretty good, as long as you know how to operate the machines as the directions are all in Spanish. There are four 50 amp pull-through campsites, but only 3 of the sites will take a 36' motor home with a toad. There is a propane station, though I have no idea if there is any propane, and the dump station doesn't appear to have been used in recent history either. As a previous poster stated, they do have hookups. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2006 - $25.00

This is a horrible place! Mostly permanent residents in run-down old trailers with pieces falling off. Interior roads are in dreadful shape. About all that can be said for the sites is that they have hookups -- no grass, no live trees, nothing but lots of feral cats. The picnic table at our site had 3 of 4 legs. There may have been a pool behind the falling down fence, but we sure didn't check it out. Two sheriff's cars came in to one of the permanent residents' trailers the morning we were ready to leave -- most creepy. Then we found out that the store had been broken into and robbed the night we were there -- guess they checked out the residents first. We were too tired to go further, but if our experience can keep anyone else from staying at this truly awful place, then it's all to the good. (Oh, and the Arizona Tourist Information Center & Gift Shop that's right across the road? It apparently is open only when the people there feel like opening it, so don't be fooled by that sign on the freeway, either! The sheriff's deputy said he'd never seen it open!!) We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2005 - $23.00

Unbelievable is probably the best word for this place. The interior roads were horrible, the sites hadn't been maintained in a very long time i.e. mowing, tree trimming and trash. The electrical hook-up boxes had old fuses in them. Only a few of the "full hook-up" sites actually had all the components working. There were only three other rigs that stayed when we were here. The others pulled through and left. The things in the camp store had such a thick layer of dust and dirt on them I'd be afraid to buy anything. The restrooms looked and smelled like they hadn't been cleaned in a very long time as well. I wouldn't reccomend this place to anyone-keep on driving. The real scary thing to me is when we checked in I saw posted in the window a new sticker for 2005 Woodall's rated and inspected. This web site is much more accurate than those fluffed up camping books. We camped at Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Interstate 40 Grand Canyon RV Park ?