Benson KOA

Benson, Arizona

Luvtheroad

A little expensive for off-season but otherwise an adequate park. Park is not particularly attractive, but it's far enough off the interstate and train tracks to be very quiet. Owners are very nice and helpful and work constantly to keep the place up. Small pool was clean, residential-type hot tub was not operating. Bathrooms were rustic but clean. Laundry was just OK, but was inexpensive. The cable was adequate, but the Wi-Fi didn't work very well. Sites are dirt and gravel, adequate in length and width for a big rig. Hookups are well-placed. There were a lot of ant hills and we were glad none got into our rig. We had the whole front of the park to ourselves a couple of nights. Convenient to shopping in town and local attractions. It looks to be like it might be the best park in town. We camped at Benson KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Dogs and Cats

This is my park of choice when passing through or visiting the area (close to Tombstone, Kartchner Caverns, etc.). It is the only park in Benson that has no freeway noise or sitting so close to the busy train tracks that sleep is impossible. It is an older KOA, sites and road are gravel, level and good space between sites. Easy in and out for any size rig, utilities are well placed and work properly. Wifi is better than most, and with a few small trees satellite connect is available. They now have a nice enclosed dog run which we always appreciate, though there is acres of open "dog walk" area which we use for off leash play. Owners are very helpful and friendly and they have a nice store stocked with the essentials. This isn't the paved pretty campground like the nearby Butterfield, but it doesn't have the train noise and is quiet and serene. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

GKLott

Sweet gem of a KOA. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Office was well stocked. Quiet and far enough off I-10. Park was practically empty - being the off season. Only saw two or three campers in the front area. Gravel and grass spots, plenty large for our 30' Airstream and tow vehicle without unhitching. Easy access to utilities. Some small trees in front with more trees in back. Stayed one night while traveling along I-10. Not a destination in itself, but an excellent choice for the area. We will stay here again. We camped at Benson KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Terrance

This is an OK campground with dirt roads and tight/short sites. The stes were well marked. They had great management, I came in late and my registration packet was in the night registration box waiting for me with clear instructions on where my site was and how to get to it. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable about the attractions in the area. They provided maps with the attractions and distance/time to get there from the park. W-Ffi worked great from my site. There were mo problems with the hookups. There was a really nice tent area with shade a grass, but the RV area was pretty much just a dirt parking lot. Two ponds on site with big koi and catfish. The campground is far enough away from the interstate and the railroad, so noise is not a problem. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

User1688

I stayed here for 3 days. Campground elevation is 3,561 feet. Maneuvering my 40 footer towing a dinghy in the park was slightly tight but no problem. Roads, sites and patio are gravel. Pull through sites barely hold a 40 foot coach towing. My site 46 offered 30/50 amp service and full hookups. Wi-Fi and cable TV were included in the daily rate. I was not able to receive AT&T Wireless 3G Internet but AT&T Cellular service was fine. I received Dish Network 110/119 Satellite TV from dish on roof of coach. Campground is pet friendly. Wal-Mart and Safeway are 2 miles away. I am unable to comment on other amenities due to not using them. This is a nice KOA for a few night's stay. It is far enough away from I-10 not to hear the traffic. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. They have the lowest price for propane anywhere in the area. My only negative is the people camped next to me had a motorcycle with loud mufflers that they started up several times a day. This was my fourth visit here and I would return. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Cantcampenuf

We decided to take a long weekend, at a KOA with facilities in Benson partly because it was close enough to Tucson so that daughter could visit. Although this park is just OK, our kids did enjoy it enough that we may go back in the right season. I thought it was a bit over priced this time of year. There were only a couple other campers in the park at all. We were greeted by a black widow spider, who was residing on the under side of the picnic table, and there were many large ant hills, but to the campground's credit, they treated the ant hills while we were on site. Dog walking is an issue, as burrs are prevalent on the ground. No shade and no grass or dirt, all rocks and gravel. Older facilities, including pool, playground, and very small 9 hole mini golf course. All in all, enough to do that if it were not so hot we would have have a good time. Would have been nice to have a fish-able pond. We camped at Benson KOA in a Travel Trailer.

optomyst

While this is not the spiffiest park on the planet, we enjoyed our stay here. The spaces were nice, level and wide enough to accommodate our big rig. As far as KOA's go, this is quite nice, as many KOA's we have encountered while crossing the US have been horrible in every way. The owners were delightful and worked hard to make everyone happy. Everything worked well, and we could not hear the freeway noise at all. The train horn was in the distance (but we love trains). We would stay here again. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

miyzfrider

This was definitely not one of the nicer KOA's we have stayed in. It was pretty run down and not nearly as well maintained as we are used to seeing at KOA's. Their biggest asset is that they are close to so many tourist attractions, but I think next time we will look for a different place to stay. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

chrisander1971

We had come in late at night and was greeted by some very interesting employees. They showed us to our site and told us to come on by for some late night hot chocolate. Great kamper kitchen for breakfast. Fire pits(really nice because it was chilly), water at the tent sites. Even a discount coupon for Karchner Caverns nearby. We stayed for 3 nights just because. Will return for next summer. We camped at Benson KOA in a Tent.

seanshells

Very disappointed, expected better from a KOA. Their book says 'cable - yes' I do not consider 12 TV stations to be cable TV. Also the web site offered sites that were upgraded in fall 2007. HUH? This campground hasn't changed a bit in as many years as it has been around. You know when you drive in and there is NO OTHER RV's in it, you are in big trouble. We will NEVER stay here again and have crossed it out of the KOA book. I am also writing KOA to voice my disapproval. All of this for $39.00? No thanks! We camped at Benson KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

dantrim

Clean, quiet and on the opposite side of town from the busy railroad tracks. Not much to do, but for an overnight stay, would definitely return. Management was friendly and accommodating. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

kcanale

The park was very clean and had many personal touches. The Wi-Fi was very poor as they restrict bandwidth to the point where I have seen dial-up faster. If you need streaming video or audio for business or in my case school, do not stay here. I was also a bit upset at the times they choose to clean the bathrooms, between 11:00am-1:00pm. If you need the bathroom do not sleep in. Also, the maintenance people are very noisy, actually running a skill saw at nine in the morning. The manager is grumpy and not very friendly. His wife who works with him is a real sweetie even bringing us an extra heater so our dog would not get cold, but speaks very poor English (Korean?). This park is not smoker friendly, prohibiting smoking in the cabins. There are also very few paved roads and the paved road coming in is rough. As I need a fast internet connection, I probably will not stay here again as the cabins are not cheap and I expect more bandwidth for my money. We camped at Benson KOA in a Campground Cabin.

We3Brvn

Easily found off I-10 using my GPS. Upon arriving at the Benson KOA, we were half way down the narrow dirt road leading into the campground when a car, truck and a pickup pulling a very large trailer tried coming out the road as we were going in. I had to actually stop my Class A as close as I could to a barb wire fence and wait for the vehicles to pass me. The car and truck made it fine but the pickup with the trailer knocked down several posts lining the drive. I suggested to the manager that they needed a wider entry/exit road. There is not room for two campers to pass! The manager was nice enough and showed me to our site. Level site, all dirt with a little gravel mixed in. A pull through so did not have to unhook the toad. Wi-Fi was very weak, used my ATT Air Card. Cable TV signal was weak but viewable. Would probably stay here again. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

The Ozs

This is an older KOA. The sites are full of puncture vine and ant hills. After we had committed for a week, and paid, the owner mentioned the puncture vines. There are some small trees that give little shade. It has a nice dog walk but dogs get "goat heads" in their feet getting there. We were there a week and only 1 of 4 washers worked. It is a typical KOA. Anymore, they are either very nice and overpriced or run down and overpriced. The advertised big rig access is true but, barely. We will not return, nor can we recommend this park. We camped at Benson KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

SeaKayak

Good park for an overnighter. It is in a pretty setting. The buildings are in need of major repairs. It's a tired, old KOA that needs attention. The sites are fine and the people are very nice. We camped at Benson KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Quail Run RV Resort

Arizona City, Arizona

South Forty RV Ranch

Marana, Arizona

Eagle Ridge RV Park

Eagleville, Missouri

Are you affiliated with Benson KOA?