Benson KOA

Benson, Arizona 85602-7952

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Benson KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

Very old park with small space, and trees that will block many slides and awnings in some spaces. Slightly tight to drive through. Last quarter mile into park is heavily rutted road, but not an issue if you drive slowly enough. The two owners were charming, friendly and helpful. The park has seen better days and is probably a little more expensive than other similar parks in Benson, but it has one great attribute in its location. It is north of the freeway, and thus is probably the quietest park in the area. A few cable channels are included in the price. Wifi was extremely slow when people pulled in for the night, worked ok when no one else was there. Verizon worked ok. A dirt path leads to the golf course (about a quarter of a mile), which was nice. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $43.00

On the last leg of a long trip, we decided to have a short drive day and relax a bit. As such we made a reservation for what had been a nice little KOA. This KOA is about one mile north of the freeway, then one quarter mile on one of the roughest section of road I have been on. After navigating the ruts and potholes we arrived at a rather bleak (gravel, weeds, trees struggling to grow) RV park. On check in the owner was quite concerned that we arrived early (11 am) and would have to charge us an additional $2.00 for electricity. A minimal amount, though when already paying $43 to park in a dirt lot in an empty park (one van was parked in a site and appeared abandoned) he was making no effort to make us a repeat customer. The sites are level, utilities work appropriately and there is adequate space between sites. They do have a fenced dog area which was not (in my opinion) sturdy enough for our large dogs. Instead we used their designated dog walk area. While walking the dogs there in the late evening (dark), a car came down what I thought was an abandoned dirt road in the walk area requiring a quick scramble into the shrubs. Thankfully the driver spotted us and made good use of his brakes. So much for our relaxing stay. We had stayed here some years ago, unfortunately they seem to have few customers and appear to be slowly falling into disrepair. The one bright point is that it is located far enough away from both the interstate and the railroad (very active track) so the noise is minimal. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

We have stayed here overnight several times. This year the water pipes are now repaired and we had good pressure. Good cable TV. Friendly hosts. Just a little too much on the price but we have 5 little dogs and they don't say anything about it. Other parks have restrictions. Thats why we prefer KOA. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $45.00

There is little good about this campground, but also little bad. The good points are the dog areas and being half a mile from town, out in the desert. The bad points are: narrow sites, slow wifi (good Verizon), ancient sewer connection too wide for modern hoses, and the fact that all pull-thru sites face south (which means that motorhome windshields face the sun most of the day). The price of $45 is way too high for what you get. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Benson KOA

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

Older KOA, OK for a one night stay. Owners were friendly. Didn't really use any amenities. Heavy rains made things messy. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $31.00

Overnight stay, electricity was good, but the water supply was intermittent. Sometimes we had water pressure, then not. Owners said it was broken pipes. We are dog owners and the pet run was great for us. The water issue will probably keep us away on our return trip. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $40.00

Like a lot of older KOAs, facilities have not been upgraded in decades. The owners - an elderly Korean couple - were helpful, however communication was sometimes a problem. The bathrooms and laundry were clean though 50 years out of date. Basic cable was suppose to have 12 channels however we were never able to get more than 5 clearly. As others have noted the major selling point for this campground is its distance from the RR and I-10 which keeps noise to a minimum. Very little shade so most sites heat up quickly. The rear of the campground has a pond but the area around it is overgrown and being used as a dump for brush. Also there are some abandoned vehicles and campers in this area making it particularly unattractive for a stroll. Campground is OK for overnight. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

This is my park of choice when passing through or visiting the area (close to Tombstone, Kartchner Caverns, etc.). It is the only park in Benson that has no freeway noise or sitting so close to the busy train tracks that sleep is impossible. It is an older KOA, sites and road are gravel, level and good space between sites. Easy in and out for any size rig, utilities are well placed and work properly. Wifi is better than most, and with a few small trees satellite connect is available. They now have a nice enclosed dog run which we always appreciate, though there is acres of open "dog walk" area which we use for off leash play. Owners are very helpful and friendly and they have a nice store stocked with the essentials. This isn't the paved pretty campground like the nearby Butterfield, but it doesn't have the train noise and is quiet and serene. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $35.00

This is an OK campground with dirt roads and tight/short sites. The stes were well marked. They had great management, I came in late and my registration packet was in the night registration box waiting for me with clear instructions on where my site was and how to get to it. The staff was friendly and very knowledgeable about the attractions in the area. They provided maps with the attractions and distance/time to get there from the park. W-Ffi worked great from my site. There were mo problems with the hookups. There was a really nice tent area with shade a grass, but the RV area was pretty much just a dirt parking lot. Two ponds on site with big koi and catfish. The campground is far enough away from the interstate and the railroad, so noise is not a problem. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $39.00

I stayed here for 3 days. Campground elevation is 3,561 feet. Maneuvering my 40 footer towing a dinghy in the park was slightly tight but no problem. Roads, sites and patio are gravel. Pull through sites barely hold a 40 foot coach towing. My site 46 offered 30/50 amp service and full hookups. Wi-Fi and cable TV were included in the daily rate. I was not able to receive AT&T Wireless 3G Internet but AT&T Cellular service was fine. I received Dish Network 110/119 Satellite TV from dish on roof of coach. Campground is pet friendly. Wal-Mart and Safeway are 2 miles away. I am unable to comment on other amenities due to not using them. This is a nice KOA for a few night's stay. It is far enough away from I-10 not to hear the traffic. The owners are very friendly and accommodating. They have the lowest price for propane anywhere in the area. My only negative is the people camped next to me had a motorcycle with loud mufflers that they started up several times a day. This was my fourth visit here and I would return. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $32.00

While this is not the spiffiest park on the planet, we enjoyed our stay here. The spaces were nice, level and wide enough to accommodate our big rig. As far as KOA's go, this is quite nice, as many KOA's we have encountered while crossing the US have been horrible in every way. The owners were delightful and worked hard to make everyone happy. Everything worked well, and we could not hear the freeway noise at all. The train horn was in the distance (but we love trains). We would stay here again. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $35.00

This was definitely not one of the nicer KOA's we have stayed in. It was pretty run down and not nearly as well maintained as we are used to seeing at KOA's. Their biggest asset is that they are close to so many tourist attractions, but I think next time we will look for a different place to stay. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2010 - $34.00

Easily found off I-10 using my GPS. Upon arriving at the Benson KOA, we were half way down the narrow dirt road leading into the campground when a car, truck and a pickup pulling a very large trailer tried coming out the road as we were going in. I had to actually stop my Class A as close as I could to a barb wire fence and wait for the vehicles to pass me. The car and truck made it fine but the pickup with the trailer knocked down several posts lining the drive. I suggested to the manager that they needed a wider entry/exit road. There is not room for two campers to pass! The manager was nice enough and showed me to our site. Level site, all dirt with a little gravel mixed in. A pull through so did not have to unhook the toad. Wi-Fi was very weak, used my ATT Air Card. Cable TV signal was weak but viewable. Would probably stay here again. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $31.00

Clean, quiet and on the opposite side of town from the busy railroad tracks. Not much to do, but for an overnight stay, would definitely return. Management was friendly and accommodating. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2009 - $34.00

This park is a typical, dirt KOA campground. My only real gripe is with the cable TV. I guess if television comes to the RV via a cable, then it is cable TV. Benson has poor cable TV: don't expect to watch the normal cable channels while at Benson KOA. We camped at Benson KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Benson KOA

Are you affiliated with Benson KOA ?