This Campground has been claimed.
Questions? Contact support.
Bullhead City, Arizona

Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort)

Recent Rate: $13 3/2015

Latitude: 35.1259152819952

• Phone Phone yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem ?
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room yes
  • Beach Access Beach Access yes
  • River River yes

venice

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $13.00

Overnight stop. Huge site. Scenic view of Colorado River. Staff excellent. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

twestover

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $35.00

Sorry, but I don't agree with the previous reviewers and for a couple of very specific reasons. We called ahead for a reservation because the website looked so lovely and because it was right on the river and we have dogs who love to swim in the river. We had asked for two spaces together as we are traveling with friends. Now, the picture on the website of palm trees and grass is there, yes and it is lovely. But there is another side to this park - a gravel lot that backs up to a chain link fence with no vegetation whatsoever - bleak describes it best. There were two spots right next to each other in the "pretty" area and as both couples arrived separately, we asked for those sites. When I asked, could we please be there, the woman shrugged her shoulders and said "I thought about putting you there but no, I'm putting you in space 4 (which is by the desolate fence area). We watched carefully and NO ONE took those sites that night. The other negative for me is that when I went to do the laundry, there were no lights in the laundry room. Perhaps a couple light bulbs were burned out in the ceiling fixture but the wall switch light had been replaced with a blank plate so using the wall switch was no longer possible. It was pitch black in the laundry, with the exception of some light from the outside. It was scary to be in there in the dark when some guy comes in, after having a few drinks, looking around! I took my husband back with me to get our things from the dryer and he's a contractor and also couldn't find any lights that were functional. My next complaint is the check in system. It took close to 20 minutes to check in And in the end, I got three separate pieces of paper. It seemed such overkill. It was easier to apply for my Global Entry card with Homeland security! In addition, we were given three pages of rules - there were exactly 50 rules, in rather specific legalese. Really? Now for the good things. The pretty RV spots are really pretty - nice green grass, well tended spaces, palm trees, very very nice. There is a great little cove where the dogs can swim, protected, safe, clean, very much a plus. The club room looked nice and tidy. The pool was being worked on while we were there. Overall, the thing about the spaces left a bad taste in my mouth. There was just no reason not to let us stay in those nice spots and delegate us to the fence. So if you plan to stay, ask which spots are available. The pretty spots are down the middle. And it seems to me that lighting should be watched carefully. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Travel Trailer.

RVtravelers2

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $35.00

Nightly rate includes Good Sam discount and taxes. Very friendly office staff and beautiful facilities. Clubhouse offers a full kitchen, outside lounges, books, large screen TV and a beautiful view of the Colorado River. Sites and road are gravel but very level. Nice picnic tables at each site. There's a beach area with lounge chairs and a boat dock. Pool was drained and inaccessible during our stay. I would come again. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

SteelHorseRider

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $35.00

Where do I begin? While the park looks good on the web site and even when you first pull in, it is all smoke and mirrors. We stayed at this park for 3 months only because we had to due to business obligations. Take that map and rules the manger gives you and ball it up and throw it in the trash can because there is no one who enforces these rules once you clear the front gates.

I will start with the pool, it was in the triple digit temps and there is no cover at the pool so you would only want to use it at night, sorry, they lock the gate to the pool at dusk along with the community room where the weight room is at. The only reason for this we could find was that the manager was too lazy to go out and lock it at 10 or 11PM like most parks. There is air conditioning in the weight room but, the park manager has the control under lock n key and she will not turn it on unless she sees a reason to. We complained to her that working out in the gym was hazardous due to the heat and no air but, she will only turn it on if she feels the need.

The same goes for the showers. It is so hot in the bathrooms that when you get out of the shower your already sweating. The water has one temp and that is scolding hot. There was a light out in the shower that we asked to have fixed for 3 months and it was never fixed. So your showering in the dark.

You cannot run your air and use the microwave at the same time at this park. It will constantly blow breakers. We had to help a couple who were first time RV'ers with resetting the breaker because the manager was not around even though she lives there. Don't expect any help with anything at this park.

The manager gives you the park rules all of which are not enforced. Great if your looking for a place to let your dog run loose, have loud parties, people double parking everywhere including in your space and fireworks being let off. We brought it to her attention but, it continued. She appears to be a partier herself and doesn't want to be the bad person. She does give a lot of lip service but no action. I like to party like most people. I love classic rock and I know when to let it rip but, I also know where I am and who is around me and I respect my neighbors. Wish others felt the same way. When there is no one to enforce the rules then their is anarchy.

Then there is the river which made you go there in the first place. Forget about launching your boat because the river is always low at the ramp, which in itself is a nightmare to use especially if you have a large boat. If by chance the water is up, you are not supposed to dock your boat for more then one hour but, everyone we saw left their boat docked so you could not use what space there was.

Then there were people who camped out on the boat ramp because there was no beach access to the water. People also left their boats and jets skis in the swimming area because there was no room at the dock and if there was, they thought that since you were not supposed to dock your boat for over an hour, then why not just leave it in the swimming area. Don't leave your boat or jet ski out over night because the river is so low till around noon that your water toy will be sitting on the ground.

Don't even take the time to stop here. The looks will deceive you. If you like dogs and people walking through your camp, partying to the wee hours, and people camping on the boat ramp and parking their boats anywhere then this is the place for you. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

rvqueennancy

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $35.00

Riviera along the Colorado River. A writer, artist and world traveler for over 40 years, I am always on the lookout for that rare faceted jewel, perhaps a small hotel, resort, Inn, that perhaps has gone undiscovered by the maddening crowds, and forever feel lucky when I find one. Over a year ago, I did exactly that, when nestled along the Colorado River I found such a place, the Colorado River Oasis RV Park. Owned and managed by a wonderful couple Miranda and Dean, it is pretty much managed by Miranda. She has an elegant sense of doing her thing and has a sharp eye for style, grace, landscaping, the little things, etc and keeping the resort shinning, and it clearly shows within every inch where one might glance. I am positive she is a perfectionist, but as yet have not told her so. So much more than a RV park, there is the white sand beach edging the indigo waters of the river. For those that love boating, there is a dock, ramp, and I have been told even from shore the fishing is fantastic. The beach resembles a cove, and is surrounded on the elevated cliffs by several chalet style abodes, all with river views, with wooden decks angled just so to accept the cool winds spiraling off of the river. Above the beach is the RV Park, small but as everything here, enticing with palms and trees everywhere, a lovely balance between utility and nature. I might note, Miranda makes everyone feel like family. The recently redecorated tile bathrooms are clean as a new penny, and are located next to their full gym and community play room. At the other end is the swimming pool and Jacuzzi, as everything else, done to perfection. With the pool and beach, and with the casinos just across the river in Laughlin, and a golf course some fifteen minutes away, well I found it family friendly to say the least. I wrote this review because so often when rare people pour their mind, talents and hearts into making something extraordinary, like this couple have, it often goes un noticed and is never commented on. Since I feel that I have found my home away from home while I write, I look forward to spending another year here. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

JeffandShawn

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $36.00

We have been staying in Bullhead for the last 5 years in the winter, we have stayed at other RV parks or so called resorts. This RV park is by far the best in Bullhead City! The new owners have done a fantastic job. Very friendly and very clean & on top of everything, they are definitely going in the right Direction. Anyone passing through Bullhead should stay at this park. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

BS314

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $35.00

WONDERFUL LITTLE PARK HEADED IN THE WRONG DIRECTION! If you're looking for an overnight stay, this park may be the one for you, but then, maybe not. The guests are experiencing numerous changes (new rules, lot rent increase, parking restrictions, etc) due to the sale of the park. If long term guests aren't happy......... Facilities (laundry, club house, pool, hot [warm] tub) are very nice but are locked after 8 pm and not accessable to the guests. The pool is NOT heated and unusable due to the cold temperature. Interior roads are gravel and with that comes the dust! The lots are level and are also gravel. Other than the current residents and Colorado River running along the west side of the property, there's nothing that sets this park aside from others. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Myrt & Gordy

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $35.00

This is a nice little RV park right on the Colorado River. Management was very friendly and accommodating. Each large site has a nice patio with a table and a fire pit/barbeque along with a small grassy area. All the roads and the pads are gravel. Ours was not level at all and took quite a bit of work to get us leveled out. We finally scooped up some of the gravel to build up the low side and then used blocks. The pool is nice and has a Jacuzzi. There are two laundry rooms with new machines, but they are a little pricey. They are currently remodeling the bathrooms, but the one I used was large and clean. There was only the one available when we visited. The Wi-Fi worked very well. They advertise a clubhouse, but it was closed. They allow dogs, but there really is not much of an area to walk them. The river area was very beautiful and well kept. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

vern bauch

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $34.00

Hard to rate this park as the view and people were great. Down side is small, gravel, narrow RV pads. Very nice residents and owners. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

bcbounders

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $32.00

This park was purchased by new owners, and is no longer El Rio. It has been re-named Colorado River Oasis. The new owners have obviously been pouring a lot of money into the park. The clubhouse, sandy beach, boat dock, palm trees, laundry and gym are all brand new or completely renovated. The sites are very wide and level gravel back-ins with rock solid 50-amp service from excellent power pedestals. There are a lot of snowbirds in the park who seem to know each other after many winters here, but they were very welcoming to us. There was a big community dinner in the clubhouse while we were there, and several people encouraged us to come join in. A very friendly place, including the owners, and we would definitely return. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

LiveWorkDream

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $34.00

Nice place and sites are plenty wide enough but short enough that you need to park somewhere else if your rig is over 30'. Clean park, good staff, nice little play area on the waterfront. Mostly long term residents. The only issues I have are 1) wireless isn't free, and 2) the laundry room only has one washer and one dryer and both are expensive. Other than that, it's a good enough place for an overnight or two. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

seanfhear

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $34.00

Very nice park. Very friendly staff. Better than average cable TV. Wide spaces, plenty of room to back in our 25 foot 5th wheel. We stayed here 3 nights and would definitely stay here anytime we are in this area. We experienced road noise from the highway but would still give this park a 10 rating. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Idaho Traveler

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $32.00

Great facilities right on the Colorado River. Had a really nice common room with kitchen, etc with comfortable chairs and a wonderful patio overlooking the river. Spaces are a bit tight and all back-in. Our 40 foot 5th wheel fit with a little adjustment. It would have been far more difficult to get into the sites if the campground had been full. As it was, I was able to use the site across from me to better line things up. They have some nice little concrete patios in each site, but they are near the back and kind of narrow things up making alignment even more difficult. Watch carefully where your slide-outs end up. The hookups were really nice and dependable. The Manager was gone when we arrived and they did not have a self-serve check-in so we just picked a site and parked. The Manager came around after we were set up to let us know we were OK in our site. Apparently she manages a couple of campgrounds so splits time. The laundry and showers were small but very clean. Leaving the campground in the morning can be tough if you are making a left turn back to the north, which is the way most would go. You must pull out slowly due to the driveway dip across a four lane major street with lots of morning traffic. I'd stay here again. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Fifth Wheel.

Florida Lady

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $30.00

There is actually nothing wrong with this campground. Staff was very friendly. Bathrooms and showers are very clean. It is just so HOT (and we live in Florida). Do not think we will come through this area again, but if so, will stay at El Rio. We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Truck Camper.

jnkotr

Date of Stay: April, 2010 - $30.00

I'll make it short and sweet: this is a great place!!! I would recommend it to anyone! We camped at Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort) in a Motorhome.

Ridgeview RV Resort

River City RV Park

Laughlin / Avi Casino KOA

Laughlin, Nevada

Are you affiliated with Colorado River Oasis RV Park (formerly El Rio Waterfront RV Resort)?