The MotorCoach Resort

Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "The MotorCoach Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $56.00

This is a unique RV "resort" in that it lacks some of the amenities (a pool, although one is available nearby; a clubhouse; a playground; and enclosed dog run) that are commonly associated with campgrounds with "resort" in their name. However, as we do not travel with children or pets, these were not issues for us. The campground is new, just two years old, has wide roads and large concrete sites and a modest bath and laundry building. A new outdoor patio is being constructed. The office and staff (located across the street) were fantastic and helpful. They also have a very affordable on-site RV technician whom we used. It is located just off I-10, near a Love's station which has RV lanes, and convenient to many of the major highways which run through the Valley. Tons of shopping within 5 miles. Two items mentioned in previous reviews which they should address are (a) the lack of cable as the over-the-air television reception is not the greatest despite its proximity to Phoenix and (b) constructing a sound barrier wall along the I-10 which can be, although is not always, somewhat noisy. We've stayed in many Phoenix/Scottsdale area RV parks over the years and are of the strong opinion that this is by far the best! We will plan on staying here in the future. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

RTM

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $50.00

We stayed two nights in a 43' motorhome to pick up family at airport. Easy on-off from I-10. Easy check-in. All info waiting for you at front gate. Park is gated and secure. Office across street. BIG RIG friendly - wide paved roads with concrete sites. All pull-in sites. Unusual set up in a circular pattern. Large enough to open awning, table and grill. FHU sites no cable but many OTA channels. Clean grounds, no shade, no grass. Manicured Desert Landscaping throughout park. Clean doggie park with smaller pebbles and two sitting benches and doggie bags. Doggie park could use a shaded cover over benches. Spectacular bathrooms (security code)- large, air-conditioned, very clean, shower, toilet, sink, sitting area with a place to put your belongings. Clean air conditioned laundry room with 3 washer/dryers and folding table. Close to Airport, shopping, restaurants and casinos. When in Phoenix will stay again. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt
Other

Very easy to get to airport. Close to Walmart and Costco. Loves fuel next door.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $65.00

Class A, B, & C motorhomes only. Level, pull in, concrete sites. Desert landscaping. Clean, lovely park with large fountain at entrance. We camped in a Class B so needed to use the showers. 3 separate bathrooms each with shower, sink, and toilet. 2 of the rooms have fiberglass stall showers that measure about 24". I'm 5'1'' and could not have bent down to pick up anything off the floor because it was so narrow. Next day I used the 3rd room which had a handicapped stall. Laundry room is in this building (mfg module). No cable but networks came in clear over air (if you have a digital TV). Did not use wifi. Most disturbing part (besides I-10 highway noise), the drag race track is directly across the highway. Day before we left, dragsters were qualifying for week-end race and were so loud it set off vehicle alarms all through the park. This is far from a resort park and the price reflects the fact that there is no competition in this area. We were there for family wedding and the proximity to all the places we needed to go made us overlook the price. We'd stay here again for the convenience only. Suspect the owners are not RVrs so have little concept of what a "resort park" means. There is no pool, no spa, bathrooms are spacious and clean but have inexpensive fixtures, no cable. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $65.00

This place is OK for a short stay because after 3 nights the constant noise made us want to leave. The layout is strange: almost all sites are pull ins so you have to unhook your toad. There are no patios at all: no pads/grass, no tables, no grills, etc. There are no amenities; this is not a resort by any definition, especially in the snowbird haven of Phoenix. I never was able to connect to wifi with my iPad. I called the owner on the third day but he knew nothing of this problem, although he offered to send a tech. All this for only $65. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near The MotorCoach Resort

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $46.00

We paid $325 for a week, taxes not included. As others have pointed out, this is not really a resort park, but you have is a nice clean, small park with sites that are about average in width, but they are extra long. This is not a park where you can just pull in and get a site, reservations are required. The park is very clean, and they have a security patrol. Check-in is a 4x8 sign that has a box containing your site number, a map, and codes to the bathroom and Wi-Fi. You don't have to go to the office, unless you need something. All the roads and sites are asphalt, with gravel between the sites. The Wi-Fi worked very well, as did the TV, OTA and satellite, and cell service was excellent. The park is right off of the interstate, so there can be a lot of road noise. There were several times where it sounded like the highway was a drag strip. There is also a motor sport area across the interstate, so that can also get noisy, but that is usually only during the day. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $1.00

We were at a rally so no idea of cost. All concrete sites and roads with large staggered sites give you privacy and room to move. It was originally an RV dealers showcase area so has paths and some landscaping. Sites are pull in back out. The paths have benches and open areas that are great for socializing. It is close to I 10 and only has a prefab shower room/ rest room area. Road noise is not an issue for me but can be for some. It is a small unique park as apposed to the standard mega parks you will usually find in Phoenix area. Also be aware it is only for motorized RV's. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $55.00

Lovely odd-designed park with excellent location - easy access to Chandler, interstate Hwy, casinos, Phoenix, etc. Immaculate large sites with full hook-up. Had no problem with wi-fi. Large clean laundry. Would like to give 10 but no amenities such as pool, hot-tub, etc. As others have pointed out, the office is a bit off the grounds and there is no security gate but it felt very safe. Free RV car wash available across the road for guests. Because of the proximity to I-10, there is definitely a lot of traffic noise as well as a race track across the interstate. Didn't bother us much, but could be very problematic for some. Would return if in area but probably not as destination. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

Wild Horse Pass casino as well as other casinos very close by.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $75.00

What can I say about my stay at The Motorcoach Resort. The bad is that it is not a "resort". A resort (North American English) is a self-contained commercial establishment that endeavors to provide most of a vacationer's wants, such as food, drink, lodging, sports, entertainment, and shopping, on the premises. The Motorcoach Resort has none of these. It is just a place to park your motorhome overnight and no trailers allowed due to layout. They currently charge $65 plus tax per night to just park. However, as they note on their website, within two miles around the park, there is food, drink, sports, entertainment, casinos, shopping, race tracks, horse back riding, golf and within 5 miles, Chandler has become the most intensely developed shopping area I have ever seen. And all of this is new in the last 5 years. So, the big thing they have going is location, location, location. I was here a week and never got bored. Easy in and out from I-10, the only big rig park for miles and a Love's truck stop you go by to get back on I-10. And they have propane and on-site RV repair across the street. Things that would really help: the office is a block away, so no one from the park office is actually in the park, so I feel like I am left alone in the park. You self-check in at the entrance to the park by picking up your parking assignment from a box. You can drop off outgoing mail at the office. The office needs a big sign on it, as it is hard to identify. I-10 is noisy and there is a motor racing complex across I-10 from the park, that has drag races, circle track races, etc. On the north side of the park is a vacant lot that has been turned into an impromptu motorcycle park for the locals. It all seems to shut off when the sun goes down and the park is quiet at night. The landscaping is minimal. Wi-fi comes and goes. So, the park has a great location, is big rig friendly, but will NEVER be a resort. They should change the name. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Hundreds of new stores in Chandler. Everything you could want is available. Very good dim sum at Phoenix Palace. The casino has loose slots and a variety of good food. The outlet center is excellent for shopping. Avoid Rawhide Town.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $55.00

New campground that will improve with age- attached to large storage facility which worked perfectly for us as we stored coach and car while we flew home for the holidays. Noise problem being so close to Rt 10 but plantings and fence should help. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Only a few miles from Safeway, shopping outlet, and many good restaurants. Easy access to all parts of Phoenix.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $55.00

Great location SW Phoenix just off of I-10. Very new with terrific infrastructure. The park is in a industrial park area so it is not particularly pretty, but very functional. Best sites are 1-10 because of highway noise from I-10. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Site 1

Shopping and entertainment attractions are nearby.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

This is not a resort and I can't understand why somebody can give this parking lot a "Excellent" rating!!!

The pictures of there website and the high price lead to believe you that you will find a small, nice resort but you will find a nothing from a resort except the showers and restrooms.

The "resort have no gate, the dog area is only dirt, where they store old lanterns.

Tomorrow I will go to the office trying to get my money back! We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

themotorcoachresort, owner at The MotorCoach Resort responded to this review

We are so sorry that you didn't enjoy The MotorCoach Resort. We have just opened and are trying to get everything finished up. We are proud that we have only 32 spaces on 8 acres. The MotorCoach Resort is a small resort catering to coaches only and our goal is to offer a clean, safe, place for people traveling in a coach to stop and recharge. We have 2 golf courses, several casinos, world class spa, fine dining and shopping less that 5 minutes away from the park. We hope you will come back and see us! The next time you come our fenced dog park will be completed, our landscaping will be more mature and the old lanterns will have left for the the old lantern boneyard. Thank you for your comments and please come back. Kelly & Dana/owners of the MotorCoach Resort

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $55.00

While this park is new, clean, convenient to I-10, and safe, it is not a resort. Their only on site amenities are three individual rest/shower rooms and a laundry. Most notably missing is a pool to cool off in this blazing hot summer environment. There are only pull in spaces, no pull troughs, making it less desirable as an over night quick stop. While the grounds are impeccably maintained, it would be hard to enjoy sitting outside in cooler temps due to the traffic noise from I-10. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Other

Lots to do across the freeway including a casino, shopping and restaurants, but the only thing walk-able from the site is the travel/truck stop next door.

themotorcoachresort, owner at The MotorCoach Resort responded to this review

Hi Barbie, we appreciate all of your comments. We acknowledge that like most urban RV facilities we are just off the freeway. Unlike most urban RV parks, we only have 32 spaces on 8 acres, room to spread out. We planted over 120 trees on the freeway and hope that will quiet the road noise. We actually spent the weekend there last weekend and the weather was beautiful and we did enjoy having a glass of wine with our guests. We do hope you will come back and give us another try when the weather is more conducive to mingling in our gathering area. Thank you for your comments. Kelly & Dana/owners - The MotorCoach Resort

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $55.00

My wife and I stayed the weekend and had a great experience. Each space is a nice wide paved, front pull in (no backing into a narrow graveled, unleveled spot). There is plenty of privacy between each coach and convenient walk ways connecting other spaces. Large, clean showers and a great laundry facility too. It has easy access off I-10 and is close to shopping, casinos and food options. We highly recommend. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Site 1
Other

Close access to numerous restaurants, Outlet Mall, and Wild Horse Pass Casino. Easy access to I-10, 101 and 202.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $75.00

This new RV Park is clean, spacious and very convenient. It's close to outlet shopping and Wild Horse Pass casino, spa, golf course and fantastic restaurants. We will definitely be back! We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Go to downtown Chandler for some great restaurants or just walking around. Wild Horse Pass Casino is close. Sheraton Hotel also offers great restaurants, beautiful spa. This resort is just off the I-10, so very convenient and easy to get in and out of with a 35+RV.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $1.00

This is a new park opening to the public September 1, 2016. We were part of a group invited to stay here for two nights to ensure everything was working before the public opening. Access is easy off the I-10 freeway. All sites are good size, level concrete with full hookups with 50A power. Sites are pull-in, back-out, so the park accommodates only motorhomes, no towables. There is a central "gathering area" with trees and picnic tables. There is a small laundry room and a restroom building containing three individual rooms with toilet, sink and shower. There is no cable, but all Phoenix area TV stations can be received over-the-air and there are no trees to block satellite reception. Wi Fi worked well during our stay. There is no office at the park. If you have advance reservations, your site information will be left at a check-in board at the entrance. An office is located at the nearby RV SuperStorage facility. RV park guests can also get propane and use the wash facility at the storage lot. There is also a Love's Truck Stop just outside the park. We camped at The MotorCoach Resort in a Motorhome.

On the opposite side of I-10 from the park is the Wild Horse Pass complex with many attractions, including a hotel/casino with great restaurants, Rawhide western town, golf course, motorsports park and Phoenix Premium Outlets.

themotorcoachresort, owner at The MotorCoach Resort responded to this review

Hi Ray, we were delighted you joined us for our "Guinea Pig Weekend". We hope you will join us for New Years' Eve! Kelly & Dana

Featured Campgrounds Near The MotorCoach Resort

Are you affiliated with The MotorCoach Resort ?