Rio Verde RV Park

Cottonwood, Arizona

3420 AZ-89A
Cottonwood, Arizona 86326

• Public Phone Public Phone yes

Ask fellow campers about "Rio Verde RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

Good WiFi. There is a $3.00 charge if you want streaming or large downloads/upload, but the free service is good for e-mail and surfing. The roads are pretty rough and big rigs may have difficulty maneuvering around. Good Sam is honored. No store on site but very close to Walmart and shopping. Good location for day trips to Sedona, Jerome, Montezuma's castle and other attractions. Right on Highway 89. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $36.00

The staff was very helpful, friendly and understanding. The park advertises free cable, but you had to get a box from the office, and it wouldn't work. The electric post was tilted, and I don't think it was working properly as 2 days into our stay we lost all power. We woke up with no heat and our fridge went out. At first we thought it was the new inverter we had installed with the four new batteries, but when we went back to our RV repairman he said everything was working properly; we had him keep the RV for a week to make sure the power system was working. We had to leave a day early because of the power issue, and the staff kindly refunded our last day. We also left late because our water line had frozen, and we had to run our diesel engine heater for 3 hours, which we had not anticipated on doing because we thought we were going to stay another day, and the manager was very understanding regarding this issue as well. This is an aging park with many long-term residents, and because it was early February, it wasn't green as in the pictures so I'm sure it's prettier in the spring/summer. We arrived at night and the space numbers were difficult to discern. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

I highly suggest you locate your spot before pulling your rig around. There is a dead end at one end of the park, and turning a big rig around is very difficult.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Older park with many permanent resident. Limited restrooms and showers, but fairly clean. Our site was large and on the beautiful Rio Verde. Hookup arrangement was a bit of a problem. It was difficult to park so the hoses and cords could reach. The site was well worth the effort. We were in town to see relatives so we didn't spend much time at the park except at night. Some road noise that died down later in the night. Park was mostly full while we were there. Glad we called ahead. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Sand, Grass

Cottonwood is a fast growing town close to Sedona. Lots to see and do. Shopping and restaurants are great, but expensive. Beautiful mountain vistas abound. Many state and federal parks in the area, but roads are not the best. There is a lot of road construction in this area. Well worth the trip.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

This park is very convenient to Sedona and the attractions in the area. Our back in site looked down on the tent area and the river. There was no dog area as shown on the map. The site itself was adequate. Now for the rest. Upon arrival I was stopped by a couple who had been there for 3 weeks. They wanted to let me know about the water. An official governmental notice about it was up under the pavilion, but no one made mention of it at check-in. Apparently the arsenic levels are above the recommended levels. Not by a lot, but above. The park was mentioned specifically and not as part of a general area and/or city problem. The couple said to consider bottled water, which we did. There is a Walmart not far away. So, basically this was a place to sleep, not one to relax and enjoy this beautiful area. It was hard to find any vacancies in the area due to Spring Break, so was happy this was available. If the same situation arose in the future, I would return, not happily, but prepared! We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rio Verde RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $14.00

I heard the park looked old and worn, but I'm not a hoity-toity type person with high expectations of resort type accommodations anyway. I was looking for a relatively nice, safe place to park my home that was convenient enough for me to explore nearby attractions for a while and I found that here. I was there from June through September, 2016 and enjoyed my time with the Rio Verde as my backyard in what they call riverfront section. Although the river is not really visible from the sites too much, but there are nice little paths to get down there. And I liked looking onto a bluff in front rather than another RV. It's true that the front part looks a bit run down and the sites seem closer together there. I don't think I would have liked being in that part due to that and the closeness to the road. With as few RV parks as there are in this area, I wish they weren't removing some of those river sites in favor of park models or little cabins, though, but that seems to be the plan from what I've heard. Due to a great location and super friendly management, I'd stay here again, but not sure if my only option was that front section, though. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Although beautiful Sedona was always the main attraction to me, there is lots to do in this area from all directions, including Dead Horse Ranch State Park, Tuzigoot National Monument, historical town of Jerome, Montezuma Castle and Montezuma's Well, just to name a few.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $1.00

Quiet park, view of the creek & close to town. There are plenty of resturants, walmart & gas stations. We are within 20 miles of Sedona and lots of sights. The park staff is very friendly and helpful. Most of the short term sites are on a one lane dirt road with a turn around at the end, they each have hookups and a patio. Water pressure and wifi are a little weak. There is some shade. Site surface is gravel; our site had a patio. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Oak Creek Canyon is a beautiful drive from Sedona to the Oak Creek Vista. The Honanki and Palatki Heritage sites are worth the dusty dirt road drive. All in all this is a beautiful & interesting part of the country. We will be back.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $1.00

Don't let all the Zen/Tao mindfulness on their website fool you. This is just another RV park. Service of the staff and responsiveness was pretty good. We had two real problems while we were there. First was a problem with water service which was fixed within a couple hours, second was the WIFI service which was TERRIBLE and we actually lost service for nearly a week just before we left. Lots of full timers here and for the most part they are harmless but there are certainly some characters. Beautiful scenery and if you want to be close to Sedona without spending Sedona money this is the place!!! About 15 minutes from Sedona. The local area has some great restaurants.

Rio Verde is acceptable. We were there for 4 months doing contract work. Nothing spectacular. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

34 The Hill
Concrete, Gravel, Dirt

Try Bocce for the pizza and so much more, Mai Tai has good Thai food, and Crema or Red Rooster for breakfast. Worth it!!!

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $32.00

We loved this park because the staff was helpful and friendly and selected us a great site according to our requirements. We dry camp and are used to not having amenities, though the basics at this park were fine. I thought this park was great for what we paid. Yes, there were live-ins, but they were friendly and in my opinion, only a couple of the rigs were run down. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

At first glance it seemed to have a lot of full timers, but they are nice. The spot we had was in the river area with a great view and easy access so the kids could go fishing. We didn't spend a lot of time here but that is only because there is so much to do so close. Will be back next year We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $31.00

1st Impr: A dry desert hill. Customer is not valued. Reservations consisted of pull in Sunday, pay on Mon. I agreed to pay cash on Mon. BUT card charged on Sat, before arrival. Most spots cannot accommodate LG RVs. Noone to call. Took a spot so RV would fit, sent them email. Mon: Lawn guy grumbled we aren't supposed to be here. Continues with rude glances our way. Called office asking why they ch'd our card: bookkeeping excuse. Told to move, but already set up. Customer is not valued in this place. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $1.00

Looked a little a sketchy, but ended up being fine. Great location for site seeing. On the river means about a 15, go drop down an embankment. Our trailer is 34 feet and was difficult to park. Some bigger Rigs ended up pulling out. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $30.00

All the older comments are still correct. I had the back-up the hill site along the road going to the back facing the river with the utilities on the wrong side, you need to run everything under the coach to hook-up. Staff was friendly. Access in and out was OK. 5th Wheels were backing up the hill even further past me twisting and turning; if you're good with backing it's not a problem. Noise from the road outside the park is constant, even if you're all the way in the back. The park is really close to everything you need including all the big box type stores as well as Jerome and Sedona. While in the area I saw other parks that I will try that next time. Most of this park is old run down full-time trailers. Power was good; water pressure was low to normal. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2011 - $15.00

I stayed a month plus 2 more weeks because I liked it. It's not for everyone, a bit older and a bit quirky. It's very pet friendly. Not big-rig-friendly. There are 3 sections with different rates - the front, the hill and the back. The spots in the back and on the hill are mostly long-term. Spots in back are along a road cut out of the hill next to the river. It's a tough turn-around and all are back in spots, but angled so that your door pretty much faces the river. That's where I stayed and it was great. My RV is 35' and it really no problem getting parked. Once parked it felt like a lot of space. I especially enjoyed the Verde River which flows along the side of the park and was about 30 feet from my door. The front section is more of a "standard" setup and the lowest rate. The hill is the highest rate and offers quite a lot of privacy. The bathroom/shower is passable - not exceptionally clean, but not gross. Wi-Fi is only available to the front spots. I use Verizon Wi-Fi and it worked very well in the back. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I used a laundromat in town (3-minute drive) that was 800 times nicer than the one on site. Some of the permanent residents are on the colorful side, but friendly enough. And there are tent sites in a park right along the river. Nicest tent sites in an RV park I've seen. My only complaint is the highway noise. It's quieter the farther in the back you go, the front is worse and the hill is quite loud. Convenient location. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $35.00

Interesting old park on a creek (Verde River) and there is an ancient Indian mound on the property that can be hiked to. Centrally located with access to Sedona, Jerome, monuments and parks within the area. There are many permanent residents (scary looking and/or noisy) with NO restrictions to age/condition of unit/amount of junk allowed to be piled up around the RVs, though they do claim to have a unit age restriction. NOT big rig friendly and turning around is difficult. Very uneven sites that are not well maintained. If you're game, it's OK for a night or two but I found the place rather depressing due to the lack of standards. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $29.00

The management does not know about RVs and has staff say they have spaces for big rigs. However, we saw MANY large rigs leave after stopping, and one even told us they were told this park was built for big rigs, but it is not. Motorhomes over 40' and fifth wheels over 34' will have a very difficult time finding a spot wide and long enough to allow ease of parking and length required. In order to park our 38' fifth wheel and dually truck, we had to use two spaces. Everyone that works there is friendly and spoke of how run down this park has become since new management took over. It is fine for rigs of moderate size, if you don't desire conveniences. We camped at Rio Verde RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rio Verde RV Park

Are you affiliated with Rio Verde RV Park ?