Black Bart's RV Park

2760 E Butler Ave
Flagstaff, Arizona 86004

Latitude: 35.19246

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no

Ask fellow campers about "Black Bart's RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $40.00

Booking process:

Very easy. One call, no Credit Card needed. When we arrived all was exactly as booked.

Access/Big Rig Access:

Very easy right from I-40.

Office/Staff:

Very kind staff and no problems with our reservation.

Amenities:

Did not use.

Site:

Ok size, slightly close to our neighbor but ok for a couple of nights.

Utilities:

Worked fine.

Price:

$40 with 10% AAA discount.

WiFi:

This park provides no WiFi.

Verizon Wireless:

Almost unusable at this RV Park. Got 134kB down and hardly anything up so WiFi is what you have to rely on. Towers right outside the park is aparanetwly T-Mobile. I still see five bars on the iPhone but data and voice hardly usable.

View:

Very nice from some sites.

Laundry:

Did not use

A very expensive Steakhouse on site. $40 plus courses.

Patio well worn concrete pad. Front desk provides water pressure regulators for free. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $35.00

I love this RV Park. It's huge and I like how it's laid out. I read a review about the site being doubled and one pulled thru and someone else backed in. This is absolutely not an issue. We had plenty room and two different families backed in behind us. The sites weren't real level but it wasn't bad. It's right on Hwy 40, but the noise wasn't bad and we were second row from the front. We hardly heard the trains either and there were several throughout the day. Most didn't blow their whistles. There is a Starbucks Coffee about a mile away. I walked there several days in a row. There is a Cracker Barrel real close too. Everything we needed was within 3-4 miles, except propane. We could not find any around us. The laundry room was very clean, we didn't use the restrooms but I'm sure they were clean too. There is no WiFi at all. And it's because there wasn't a company that provided what they needed. There was satellite, but no cable. We have Verizon and Tmoble. Tmoble was very limited. I would stay here again in a heart beat. Sedona is about 30 miles and a hidden gem, Walnut Canyon is about 8 miles away. I felt safe running the trails around here too. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

This place is great..people are so nice. There are long term people but the place is very neat and tidy.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $40.00

We didn't use any of the park's external facilities. My back-in site was easy to enter and leave. Odd thing, there is no 30 amp service. Just 20 and 50 amp. They will loan adapters. Temps were cool so I didn't need AC. 20amp was all I needed. Warned about excessive water pressure. They will loan a regulator. I used my tank and pump. Site was pretty level side to side but sloped pretty bad towards the road. Had to jack my fifth wheel tongue pretty high to get level. So high that stability suffered. So high that I could walk under tongue without ducking ~6ft. Small grass lawn. Biggest surprise, no wifi. $40 per night and no wifi. Not right. I would stay here again, but think they really need to come of age and provide wifi. Otherwise, charge $30. Site was mostly shade. Could only lock on 2 of three Dish satellites. Was very lucky to manage that. Office help was polite. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Be aware of high water pressure. Go elsewhere if you need Internet access

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Stayed for 4 nights, near I-40, but not to noisy. Could hear trains, but with over 100 a day it was to be expected. Would stay again. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Black Bart's RV Park

PBW

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $38.00

This park has so much potential, but is sadly under-developed. Location: Very convenient to all Flagstaff shops, restaurants and the highway. But, there is LOTS of road noise in the park. We had to run our fans at night to drown it out. Overall site: Beautiful. Surrounded by pine trees, the park setting is really pretty and provides some lovely sunsets. Service: Excellent. The lady that runs the place goes the extra mile to satisfy her customers. If not for her efforts, we probably would have pulled up and left. Sites: Awful, just awful. All sites are gravel and sloped. The back (lower) section of the park is so sloped we could not level our big rig. When we complained, we were moved to the front section, which is also gravel, but slightly less sloped and we were able to level off. All sites are set up for "double parking" with the first arriver pulling through and the second one backing in. It is awkward. Packing the sites like that limits the space available for parking and the roads can get very crowded. The picnic table areas are padded with dirt but no grass, so at the first drop of rain, you have a mud hole right outside of your door. Roads: Poor condition. You have to drive very slowly and when it is crowded, there is limited space to maneuver. Organization: Strange. They put tent campers anywhere, rather than group them together. There is also a large number of full-timers and they are spread throughout the park, rather than grouped in a section. Their sites are very unkempt and are not a good representation of how nice this park could be. Overall, it is probably a decent park for trailers, 5th wheels and shorter motorhomes that can easily level off. For longer rigs like ours (44') the unlevel sites combined with the other park issues make this an undesirable park. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Front Section

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $42.00

We travel with a 17' Casita. We were placed in a pull-through spot with a large motor home that took the middle of the spot and did not allow us to connect to electricity or water with 30' connections. On the third try, we found a suitable spot. We were quite surprised to find that the RV Park showers are in the restroom for the steakhouse. There was another patron playing loud music, but they did stop before 10 pm. Around 2 am, there was a loud ruckus in an adjacent spot occupied by a rental RV with 4 men. Very disturbing at the time of night. Overall, I'd not recommend Black Bart's for small trailers because they are crammed in like an afterthought with the big rigs. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $36.00

Staff are not friendly, helpful or courteous. The laundry room floor and machines are clean, but room has strong musty/moldy smell. The restrooms have same clean floor with musty/moldy smell. The service connection at sites is in poor maintenance condition. There is constant highway traffic. Roads are difficult to navigate with sharp turns to access back in sites only. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $33.00

Some of the sites are very close but most are pretty much normal in width. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Verizon has strong service in the park no park wifi is available. The park has a lot of full timers but no problem. The park is very close to the I 40 exit. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Spent 4 nights, very windy during the day. Was not expecting it to snow in May. Have not stayed in a bad place yet but thought this park was average. Had 4 bars on Verizon phone which helped with internet. Got 4 OTA channels. Staff was friendly. Would stay again during winter... summer would be hot, only trees were along edge of park. No dog park/run but large wooded area adjacent to park helped. Park parallels Hwy 40, we did not have any problems sleeping. State troopers were active pulling over speeders. Both staff and steak house were great. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Other

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

We camped here for 3 nights to visit the Expedition Expo. The location is next to the truck stop. Not a lot of noises from that but highway traffic noise is a bit much. Slept great though. Staff is nice and the park is pretty clean. We did not use the restrooms or showers. We had good neighbors. The site was gravel, pretty level, and real long. Actually it is 2 sites. Later a Class C camped behind us. I would definitely stay here again. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

Adequate for a 2 night stop. Sites are not too level and hookup for sewer was level with outlet of rv. Office personnel were nice. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $32.00

We have stayed multiple times in this park over several years on our journeys through Flagstaff. Since our last stay 2 years ago, the management seems to be trying to resurrect the park and are beginning to fix up the sites. All of the sites now have a new layer of large gravel and the sewer outlets have been replaced and painted a bright yellow. In order to accommodate big rigs, they have you take two sites which makes the utility tower, water and sewer a little strange for hookups. We ended up using our neighbors second water and sewer outlets in order to make an easy connection. We had over 30 OTA television stations and good Verizon and Sprint service.

They normally park overnighters in the front of the park underneath the large pine trees but we elected the rear of the park among the full-timers in order to be close to the large parcel of wooded open land that allowed us to walk our dogs. This park is noisy as it is right off of the I-40 West, near a main connector road as well as a truck stop.

Having Black Bart's Steakhouse on property is a real plus as the food is good and the musical Waiters provide a fun dinner. We would stay here again for an overnight stay now that they have begun to clean up the park. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Black Bart's Steakhouse is a good meal and a fun evening. Campers get 10% off the entire meal.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $37.00

A pleasant stay. Full service. Site was gravel, pull thru. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Enjoyed "Black Bart's" dinner & revue.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Large park, easy access from I-40, truck stop next door for fuel up. Sites are large with concrete patios. The saloon/steakhouse on site is a fun place to have a good mean and enjoy the entertainment from the singing waiter/waitresses. It gets cold at night in October so they warn you to turn off and unhook water hose at night. We would stay there again. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $36.00

Unlevel dirty sites. Broken cement patio that was hard to walk around. Hole with rebar sticking out of ground! Sewer backed up when we dumped. We camped at Black Bart's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Dirt

Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near Black Bart's RV Park

Are you affiliated with Black Bart's RV Park ?