Tradewinds RV Park

Golden Valley, Arizona

RV Conus

We completed our first week of a one or two month stay. 50 amp power is excellent. The free Wi-Fi works great most of the time, and at times when there is a disruption, it is for a brief period of time. AT&T signal is 3-4 bars, and data/voice connection is excellent. This park is typical in a desert setting. The roads and sites are well packed gravel, which results in very little dust, even when cars are passing, which is surprising. The managers are outstanding and accommodating. They do an excellent job in maintaining this park. There are a variety of RVs, but none in bad condition, and sites are well maintained. This is just a nice park with great 360 degree views of the mountains. The rate is based on a summer special monthly rate of $150. This will definitely be our go to park when in this part of Arizona. If we didn't like to travel, we would stay the winter. The location has everything we need and more. It is relaxing and peaceful. This park can accommodate any size RV. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Motorhome.

Joe O

We got there at 8 PM, office was closed, but the assistant manager saw us drive up and went to greet us. He told us to pick a site and settle up in the morning at the office. He was very helpful an friendly. Our $15 price reflects our Passport America discount. Laundry room is modern and immaculately clean. Has over 6 dryers and over 6 washers. Men's and Lady's bathrooms with shower are immaculately clean and in very good shape. There is free coffee at the clubhouse. Club house has television set, sofa and seats for relaxing. Free billiard table, puzzle games available with reading books. Tables for card playing or eating. Lady at check in desk very friendly. It was a delight meeting the lady manager and assistant manager. Outside the clubhouse is an outdoor roofed area with a Bar B Que. We were there in the summer heat passing through and decided to stay two nights to relax. Felt very safe, there were no derelict rigs from permanent residents. The park looks very well kept up. We will come back again. The free Wi-Fi was available about 90 % of the time. Good signal when available. Nice décor around the park with tractors and hay bails placed around the park with scattered fire rings and seating. The restaurant next door at the front is not part of the park, and has been closed for about two years now. There are no benches and there is no swimming pool. The special summer rate was $150 for the month, generally it is $200 a month. I gave it an 8 because of how immaculately clean all the public facilities were and how well kept up the park looked. I complimented the manager on my way out. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Motorhome.

AZguy

This park checked most of the items on my list of what an acceptable RV park should have. Easy on and off from the highway. Not a lot of road noise at night. Quiet so I can sleep and not be awakened by outside noise. I thought it was strange that they charged me extra for 50 amp electrical service, but they did. This park was close to where I needed to be in Kingman and Fort Mohave. I didn't see the multi-page check in form mentioned by another reviewer. The form was only one page. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Greg & Lois

Another park of mostly permanents. Some were clean and some were quite a mess. No one was friendly including the management. The "club house" was dark and uninviting and the television did not work. The only good thing about this park was the laundry room. Overall we found it quite depressing and will not return. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

hoppytoad

This is a nice park with level easily accessible sites. The hookups are all modern and in good working order. This park is in the desert, surrounded by striking mountains -- thus the landscaping is minimal, but there are trees planted that eventually will add some beauty. This is an excellent place to stop on the road bypassing Needles. Our rate was that for Passport America members. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Motorhome.

Orlan

Nice park, only negative was that it was all gravel which got hot during the summer for our dogs. Level sites, good WiFi and well kept. The park is 30 minutes from any shopping so not quite as convenient, but very accessible. Management very friendly and does a good job of maintaining park. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Motorhome.

JohnTucson

Rate reflects a monthly rate of $225 plus electric. I believe the normal nightly rate is under $30. I have no particular complaints about this park, although neither do I have any outstanding praise to give. I stayed a month and had no problems. The basics were fine, the bathrooms are clean, the w-ifi worked fine for me, and the managers were responsive. The park sits on the south side of busy highway 68, and if there's a north wind, which there frequently is in the winter, the traffic noise can be quite noticeable. Other times, it's not so bad. Overall, this park is perfectly fine for an overnight or a few days. Don't know if I'd want to stay longer again. Oh, and regarding the offensive contract that the previous reviewer mentioned, it offended me too, but I just ignored the parts that I thought were being too nosy. No one seemed to mind or even notice. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

John - Tx Hill Country

This is a difficult park to rate. Being out west, there isn't much vegetation (trees, landscaping) which isn't a problem for us. Tradewinds is basically a large gravel lot with full hookups, laundry, restroom/showers and a small clubhouse. The sites are large but the gravel is so thick in places (and our site wasn't real level), you will need jack pads so you don't bury the jacks (which we did before I drug out the plywood pads.) Three *major* issues I have with Tradewinds. FIRST issue is the onerous contract you sign when you check in. I thought I was applying for a house mortgage. They want your driver's license number, date of birth (yes, really!!!), contact info, and you have to initial and sign the *FOUR* page contract. The word is: a real estate guy bought the park a few years ago and did a bunch of improvements. Apparently he doesn't understand how off-the-wall something like this is for an RV park. (Note to owner: dump the ridiculous and offensive contract. We've been in best of class RV resorts and we have never seen anything like this. What a joke: wise up bud.) SECOND major issue I have are the contract terms. For one, they prohibit doing laundry in your unit. Second is a bizarre prohibition against CB radios. Huh? Time for some meds for whomever wrote the contract terms. THIRD major issue is the preponderance of nails, screws, dross, various bits of metal parts mixed in with the gravel and scattered all over the park. I must have picked up a pound of metal scrap over the few days I stayed at Tradewinds. I am amazed I don't have a nail in my tire from all of the metal debris at Tradewinds. Oh, one more endearing factor for Tradewinds. My wife told me twice while she was doing laundry there was a guy that insisted on showering in the ladies shower. What a weird place. We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Motorhome.

bcbounders

This is a really nice, clean park. All of the facilities were clean, modern, and well-maintained. The sites are all large, level sites with clean gravel. Good Wi-Fi signal (free). Quiet, out-of-the-way location that's also close to lots of things to do in Kingman and Laughlin/Bullhead City. I had a great stay here...spent a fair amount of time exploring the local 4x4 and ATV trails, which was lots of fun. The staff were all very friendly - I would definitely stay here again! We camped at Tradewinds RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Tradewinds RV Park?