Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA

102 Hermosa Drive
Holbrook, Arizona 86025

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

Typical KOA campground, which for us is very positive. The site was quite satisfactory. The location is satisfactory for visiting the Petrified Forest National Park, which includes the Painted Desert and is stunning. One drives 20+ miles to one of the park's two entrances, visits the park by driving its length, roughly 20 miles with many wonderful stops, and then one exits at the other end of the park and returns 20+ miles to the KOA camp, completing the triangle. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Typicle KOA gravel/dirt sites, old, with poor layout but fine for an overnight stop. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $46.00

They are doing a lot of improvements, They do have as limited menu breakfast and dinner for cash. The park, laundry, and restroom/showers (older but clean) were all clean. The dog area was on the other side of the park from us, it was nice, grass and maintained. BUT the other area nearest us was along a fence line that had trees, but no grass - just dirt. Suggest adding another area on this part of the park. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Use and enjoy the dinners and breakfast, well worth it and not costly.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $50.00

Gravel site. But it was wide and easy to park in. Park is quite and clean. Nice grass sites for tents. Small pool, great store, nice playground. Breakfast is available in the morning, as are burgers at night. Many new, large cabins. The not so good; the park is dusty, but it is Arizona. They are planting grass and greenery so that should change. My biggest complaint is both the fenced dog area and pool are located near the park entrance and it is a long walk from a lot of sites. It does seem a little expensive but there isn't any park near here as nice. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

If you have kids or dogs ask to be near the pool and fenced dog run. (Other side of park has just a dog walk with no fencing).

Featured Campgrounds Near Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

There aren't many places to camp around Holbrook, so this is probably the best bet. It was fine for a quick one night layover. We would stay here again. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

We arrived after dark and were greeted by a friendly staff member. Our site was easy to find, the bathrooms and shower were very clean and the park is very quiet. They are in the process of upgrading the sites but it looks very nice. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Tent.

T17

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $52.00

This is a KOA Journey-very basic- does have a nice gift shop but very dusty sites. They appear to be trying to plant some grassy areas. The dog walk is a dusty area no grass. Got the job done but at $50 a night- I felt it was pricey for the park. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $41.00

Although ours was just an overnight stay, this is a park we want to return to maybe in the Spring or Fall. Truly a fully stocked store, with lots of "local" Route 66 and other souvenirs...probably the best stocked store ever for a KOA. Staff was friendly on the phone (even returned a call)...and in person. Pulling around the back restroom that had some road construction going on was a bit bumpy, and very dark. Made me miss my searchlight I had on the old coach! Gravel parking, and using a water hook-up was not advised because of the freezing weather. For the money, a good winter alternative to a truck stop...and in season sure looks like a decent place! We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $50.00

This park was my first experience with KOA. They advertise superior standards, so I had higher expectations but was extremely disappointed. When I arrived, no one was in the office and I waited for fifteen minutes to check in. The assigned site was riddled with potholes, so I asked for another site. The other two sites offered were not much better. I requested one of the nearby sites that were in better shape but was refused. These sites were in the same price category and were unoccupied the entire three nights of our stay. I finally requested a shovel and spent half an hour shoveling gravel to avoid twisting an ankle. I was also overcharged from what my online reservation stated but decide not to argue due to the other issues. The very worst problem encountered was that I had taken the time and effort to sort recycle and placed it in the marked bins for that purpose. The next morning, all my items had been thrown in the trash dumpster! When questioned, the Manager stated he would check into it and get back to me. I was later told two different stories, first that the city stopped picking up recycle and second that there was trash present in the recycle bin so it was all thrown out. This seemed unlikely from what I had witnessed. Other circumstances showed that the Manager was being dishonest, and this fake recycling has been a regular practice of the Holbrook KOA. To their credit, the KOA Headquarters was very apologetic when I reported this incident but stated there was nothing they could do to have the fake recycle bins removed. Needless to say, I would not recommend staying at this park due to the poor service. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

The big attraction in Holbrook AZ is Jim Gray's Rock Shop. Do not miss the Petrified/Painted Forest National Park! A real gem that is unspoiled and uncrowded.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $39.00

We stayed here overnight after visiting the Painted Desert & Petrified Forest. We were on our way west on I-40. This is not a bad campground, good for an overnight. It is a little hard to tell where the site boundaries are and the edges of the roads. Having said that we did not have any problems maneuvering or parking our 25' class C with towed car. We went to the chuckwagon cookout and had the burgers. Only issue was how long of a wait because there were so many people there. This CG is far enough from I-40 that we didn't hear any noise from it. We didn't use any of the other facilities. Site was level, all gravel with FHU. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Petrified Forest and Painted Desert are close by.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $32.00

Spacious pull through full hook up. Very pleasant park, easy access to I-40, fuel, etc. We enjoyed the meals cooked in the picnic area on site. Restrooms were older but clean and well maintained. Did not use laundry facilities. We would stay here again when in the area. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Close to Petrified Forest/Painted Desert, Meteor Crater.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $40.00

This is our second October in a row staying here. See my 10/16 review for a better description of the park. We again had a FHU, pull through site that was satellite friendly. The Wi-Fi still isn't good enough to prevent the connection to go down when the bandwith hogs get on in the evening. he bathrooms were clean and the laundry facilities are adequate. Once again, all I saw was recycling for just aluminum cans. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

Nice park with wide spaces. Nice store with good supply of Route 66 stuff and T-shirts. Laundry was good. Dryers are electric, so takes longer to dry, but only $.75. Nice location to see the sights. Will stay here again. A little hard to figure out where the site started and ended, but plenty of room on the roads even if you stuck out a bit. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Petrified Forest and Painted Desert are 21 miles away. Near the Highway, but no noise. Just a very nice, clean park. Easy in and out, and they BBQ dinner each evening, and have pancakes and extras each morning, both at reasonable cost.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Level Gravel sites. Wifi, cable, and cell all worked well. They had a small grill where you could get dinner and a pancake breakfast. Family friendly. Dog park with grass. Friendly staff. Very clean. We would stay again if in the area. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Motorhome.

We ate at the Mesa Restaurant. The veal Marsala and veal piccata were both very good

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $42.00

Easy access from I-40. Diesel stations are nearby. The park is very clean and the staff attentive. The park was about 50% full and busy. Sites were gravel and easy to park. Great dinner served each night and we enjoyed the great food. Wifi was best we have used this summer. We would definitely return. We camped at Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA

Are you affiliated with Holbrook / Petrified Forest KOA ?