Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch)

Maricopa, Arizona

860 S John Wayne Pkwy
Maricopa, Arizona 85139

• Casino Casino yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch)" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $30.00

We stayed at Wild West overnight, and it was fine for that purpose. Site was perfectly level, hookups worked fine. Good place for an overnight, don't think I would stay here for an extended time. Reservations by telephone are not well managed, but as long as the park is not full it is not an issue. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Travel Trailer.

B

About 10 miles south of Maricopa, which has plenty of shopping and dining choices.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $24.00

Daily rate is calculated on monthly discount and electric deposit which after a month we have not received our refund. $500/ 21 days = $23.80. Level gravel sites with plenty of width between sites. Although when I called I was told there were picnic tables, we had to ask to have one moved to our site. The clubhouse was locked except when used two nights. The trash dumpsters were at either end of the park, a nice hike either direction. The laundry room was large but several of the washers and dryers were down the three weeks we were there. Maintenance man and office staff were friendly. We didn't use the shower but I wouldn't have because it was located so far from the campsite. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $15.00

We stayed for two nights to visit a few spots in Phoenix. It's about 45 minutes from this RV park into Phoenix. It's one of the few parks in the area that is 100% family-friendly, which is why we picked it. Great value at the Passport America rate. Site was reasonably spacious. It just was just dirt, but that's pretty normal in this part of the country. Hookups were all where they should be and without issue. We'd stay again. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $16.00

This is a nice park. We stayed here for just a couple of days. Great laundry room and showers and restrooms were clean. Lots of desert to let your dog run. A lot semi-permanent RV's here that are working in the area and they leave for work early in the morning. No frills but relaxing. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch)

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $16.00

Sites are fairly level, easy entry/exit, PA rate, facilities worked well, Wifi is weak/slow, Virgin mifi weak/slow, friendly check in. We stayed here last year and would stay here again. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2012 - $16.00

I called about two months ahead of time to make a reservation. The office lady asked me if I needed wireless internet connection. I said yes and she said she would put me in a site that would be able to get it. When we finally arrived, she remembered our phone conversation and had saved a space right by the office. Good connection. The next day we went to visit "Rawhide," and it was about 90 degrees outside, and we had to leave our two small dogs in our RV. I was concerned leaving them in case the electricity got turned off for any reason. I asked the office manager to keep an eye on our RV and check a few times to make sure the air conditioner was still on. When we got back all was well. She came over and told me she checked our RV a number of times. I couldn't ask for any better service than that. Location is good; lots of room for RV and car in tow. I would come back here again if I am in the area. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $16.00

If you want to avoid the mega sites of Casa Grande where you're just a number and there to make profit for them - you should consider this campground. It's within easy reach of Casa and Maricopa, close to local small grocery stores and restaurants, but right in the desert with amazing sunsets, peace and quiet. The staff here are really friendly and once again, staff attitude proved to be a winner and helped make this dusty basic campground into a special destination. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Fifth Wheel.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $16.00

Staff are very friendly, sites are level, unpaved and reasonably wide. Park is quiet. Services worked fine. Wi-Fi is free, fast when it works, but very sporadic. Virgin mobile MiFi worked well, good cell service. Price reflects Passport America rate. We would stay here again. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2011 - $16.00

Passport America rate. Nice campground with nice wide, long spots out in the desert, about 19 miles from Casa Grande. Yes, the feed lots are about 2 miles up the road, but we had no problem with any smells from them. I guess if the wind is blowing the wrong way, one might smell them, but since most winds go west to east, that shouldn't happen often. We don't need a pool or a playground so this campground fit us just fine. Didn't use the laundry but checked it out and it's immaculate. People (campers and workers) were very friendly. Casa Grande is a nice sized city with everything you could want. I wish we had gone to Maricopa but we weren't in the area long enough. We do intend on coming back on our trip east. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $19.00

This campground is a bit out of the way and is under new ownership who is working hard to improve the park. The owners and other campground personnel were very friendly. The campground was quiet, clean, and spacious. We stayed for 2 weeks using our Passport America discount the entire stay. Wi-Fi was excellent. It is about 10 miles from a major casino and there are cow farms in the area (some mornings, there was a slight cow odor but not unbearable). It is about 18 miles west of Casa Grande but an easy drive. We'd recommend this campground if you are traveling on I10 or I8 near Casa Grande. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2010 - $29.00

I liked this campground. It didn't smell like cows to me at all. Yes, there is a cattle feeding area a mile away, but I didn't smell the cattle at the campground. Yes, there are permanents on the back row, but I didn't see anything wrong there. I would have given it a better overall rating but the roads were dirt. It is a desert campground like tons of others with rocks and dust. The space I had was large and long. It had a concrete pad for the table but not for the motorhome. I didn't have Passport America (which I do now) but if I had it would have been a true bargain. The manager is a nice guy too. I would definitely stay there again. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $16.00

Rate is Passport America rate for one night with 50 amp FHU. Park has gravel/dirt roads and pads. Sites are suitable for slide outs, but with little extra room. Park has many permanents/ long term stays. It is close to the road but highway noise was not noticeable; neither was any odor from the nearby large scale cattle/dairy operations. Experience was typical of many older Passport America parks, but for the money it was acceptable. We would stay here again. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2009 - $16.00

Wow I am very surprised at this previous review. I am at this campground right now and it is very nice! The passport rate is $15.99 a night, the restrooms were very clean and new. All the rigs here are nice and so are the people. To say this place is scary- you must have stayed at a different park! Or are you a competitor? Shame on you. We camped at Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Wild West Ranch and RV Resort (formerly John Wayne RV Ranch) ?