Ox Bow Estates RV Park

Recent Rate: $28 10/2014

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

These reviews are the opinion of an RVParkReviews’ member and not the views of

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $28.00

I called ahead to this park to see if there was a space available and was told yes. I also said I was a Passport America member and got the Parks info from the PA book which said the PA rate was $14 for a night. I also told them I had a 37 ft fifth wheel. No problem they said. When I arrived I found the Park to be not as nice as indicated and when I was going to check in they told me the PA rate was in fact $27.80 per night not the $14. I showed them the PA 2014 book and the rate and they could care less. Its a difficult Park to get to with a 37 ft fifth wheel and it would have been horrid to try and park it in such a tight location. This is not the Park they claim and I would avoid it. It appears to me that they are scamming people by having a book rate different than when you get there, assuming that you would be reluctant to leave after getting there. I left and will never visit this Park again and would suggest that others do so unless you are in a tent. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $22.00

We were very pleasantly surprised that this turned out to be such a nice RV park after many old negative reviews. The park is under new management. It is very rustic with many trees and a cool bridge going over a wash. It has the feel of a wooded national park with the addition of all the services: electric/water/sewer/Wi-Fi/cable/laundry, and a ramada for groups. The sites are level and well groomed. It is mostly dirt but with a pebble top. I am really delighted that we chose to stay here and even extended our stay an extra day. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RVW Traveler

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $20.00

The rate is Passport America. The manager is friendly and helpful. 50amp service is weak, could only run one AC. Water is good. No local TV stations with antenna. Cable is available if you have a conversion box. Satellite was good. Verizon cell was good but hotspot is weak. I did not hear barking dogs as others have stated. I was here to visit a friend so wasn't around to socialize with other campers. Entire campground is dirt, most sites are not easy to level, dust flies when vehicles drive past, lots of ruts caused by rain run off that are not repaired. I will look for another park if I return to this area. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $20.00

The previous reviews are correct about barking dogs. They are outside the park and bark a lot. When checking in you are given a 3 page list of rules that include things like the type of laundry detergent you can use in the park, not allowed to use your own washer in your RV, nor are you allowed to rinse holding tanks after dumping. They even threaten legal action. Sites are small but shaded and manager is available all the time. We know because we complained at 9:30 at night about dogs barking. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2011 - $35.00

The park is clean and the park manager is a friendly guy who really does a great job of running the place. The problem with this park is the barking dogs. Not the dogs of the park residents, but the 20 dogs in a 360 degree radius surrounding the park that bark constantly. Its almost always constant and it is all night long coming from all directions. I've been told that the authorities are aware of the problem but aren't willing to anything about it. It's bad. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $10.00

We came here because it was a Recreation USA park. When we arrived we were told it wasn't. We were invited to look elsewhere, but after a long journey, we wanted to settle in. The manager will tell you she doesn't care if you stay or not, and we saw a lot of people turn around and drive away. The price reflects a month long stay, although we are leaving after 20 days. The restrooms gets lots of visitors, people just pulling off the road and using them. However, when we used the shower we were told there would be a $15 charge. The wi-fi is off more than on. Electric is metered. Sewer and water are acceptable, sewer being right under the water faucet. The lot is fine gravel, and the dust flies when the wind blows. Being a good distance from the highway, we expected peace and quiet, but, everyone in the neighborhood, has a least two outdoor dogs, and they bark constantly all night. As is the norm, there are lots of permanent residents, some friendly, some not so much. I only stayed this long since I had business in the area. I would look elsewhere if in the area again. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $37.00

Nice park located off the main highway, but secluded enough for privacy. Of all the Payson RV parks this is by far the best. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Arizona Traveler

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $29.00

This is a pleasant campground that is back from the highway, located in a residential area. We stayed one night this Spring while on a short trip around SE Arizona. There was no set pet walk, but a short walk up the hill leads to an undeveloped area in the juniper trees that has some trails. Manager was very nice and available for any questions. A little pricey but not that many established parks in this area. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2008 - $24.00

This RV park is inhabited mostly by permanent residents occupying older RVs, trailers and motorhomes. It appears they keep a few sites for overnight and short term guests. The daily rate is $24, but they accept Passport America members for a nightly rate of $12. $2 extra for electric heat or a/c, $2 for cable TV, $2 for WiFi, etc. $24 is a bit high for this place in my opinion. Sites are all back in, which may be difficult for some rigs. The bathrooms weren't maintained very well and out of TP. The managers were very friendly and courteous. We stayed 4 nights which paid for our PA membership. We have a 34 foot 5th wheel so they put us into their largest spot, which was next to the sewer pump. We camped at Ox Bow Estates RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Ox Bow Estates RV Park?