Desert's Edge RV Village

Phoenix, Arizona

2398 W Williams Dr
Phoenix, Arizona 85027

Ask fellow campers about "Desert's Edge RV Village" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $60.00

I pulled into this park earlier today. The staff are awesome, the location is quiet and clean, and the sites have a good size. Highly recommended. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Sand, Gravel, Asphalt

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

Our 4th time staying at Desert Edge; great location for baseball, mt biking/hiking. ONLY negative is no WiFi that works; staff said "it sucks"; WiFi noted on website. Rare is any RV Park with a working WiFi. No cable but good OTA channels. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

We biked/hiked north at Sonora Desert Trail, South Mt; hiked Vulture Peak @ Wickenberg. Ate lunch at Nichols West in Congress; has great reviews as has Mexican at Rita's @35 th/McDowell. Have done a groupon twice for Rita's; yummy chile rellanoes and seafood enchiladas. Guacamole-tops Old but affordable laundromat @19th/Bell; opens at 7 am; I go to do 8 loads at once. Walmart Kohl's and Smith's grocers @19 th.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $31.00

This was our second time spending part of the winter at this park. There are some noticeable changes since the recent change in ownership. At the top of the list is the disappearance of the purple theme. Secondly, the park seemed cleaner than I remember from last year. The staff were out every day tending to various maintenance issues, and it showed. The part of the park we were in was reasonably spacious for a RV park. I loved the fact that I was only 20 minutes from the Peoria sports complex. It's a good park and I'm sure we will return. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

529A

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $25.00

My family stayed one month in a 2017 24' RV. Site was level, but trashy (litter, cigarette butts). We never met the manager who sat and talked to you from behind a wall (like the Wizard from Oz). After you check in & pay you won't see staff again. Park is not "actively" managed. Website is outdated, the park has new owners and the new Wizard. It was called the Purple Park, but the new owners removed all the purple decor. The children's playground was converted to another tiny dog park (4 or 5 dog parks now) & more camp sites. The campground is not family friendly for those with young children. However, it doesn't have any age restrictions which is challenging in Phoenix which caters to the 55+ community. However, most of the residents are seniors and the ones who don't like children share openly about their dislike of children in their pool and playing in the streets (as the kid park is gone now). One resident honked at my 4 year old for not bicycling to the side of the road fast enough. They allow older motor homes, but the one family I met in one was given extra special attention by the grounds keeping staff - FYI. The laundry on-site is as or more expensive than all the parks we camped at in So Cali. There is only one laundry facility at the park and it's insufficient for the number of residents (200+) and they just added more sites... I was unfortunate enough to spend our month camped in front of the MANUAL Sprinkler switches. So twice a day, groundskeepers walked through our site smoking. I asked them our second day to not smoke or litter near my toddler for medical reasons. It persisted throughout our stay, and I picked up cigarette butts and dog poo daily (we don't have a dog). Other residents had similar issues with cigarette smoke coming in their RVs from the ground keeping staff twice a day... Grounds are just ok, and the facilities are clean. There is an activities director that has something planned EVERY day!!! So cool...if you're 50+. None of the activities are kid or family oriented. Park is near a small airfield so you'll hear small planes during the day and occasional hot rod racing at night. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Desert's Edge RV Village

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

First, it was 118 degrees here which didn't help my opinion, but I'll try to be objective. This is rated 10 in another popular review site. Ridiculous. Office is only open 10-4pm, a single key is given (no, can't give 2) for access to bathroom, pool, laundry. You even need the key to get out of the pool area! Pool was cloudy, pool furniture very old and worn. RV sites a little tight, no cable. On a positive - no mosquitos!! It's an ok place, just nowhere near a '10'. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Travel Trailer.

Around 2 miles North is a big shopping area, Lowe's, Walmart, restaurants, basically all you need.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

Good location for Phoenix. Sites are tight, but FHU's are well placed they say they require a sewer ladder here. We selected this park because of the location to Phoenix. The park has dog runs, but they are pretty basic, and sand surface. Wifi is TengoInternet and a bit of a hassle, 500mb data free, then $5.00 per day. But each day free starts over. Verizon and T-Mobile very good. No cable at this park. Many OTA stations. Most sites sat friendly. It is 5.00 more per night for a treed site. Some of the turns in the park can be a bit tight, but doable in larger rigs. (had to jockey my 36' to get it into the pull through because of the narrow roads. Sites are gravel and level, even if narrow. Sites have cement patio and table. Electric and water good. On Sunday there is a lot of private air practice overhead in the morning. Park staff is friendly and can show you the best way to maneuver into your site. Swimming pool looks well kept, but we did not use. There is a laundry here 2.25 load. Park is well kept, some full time people in the rear. People were friendly in the pull through section. Being in the city there you have all you need nearby. Watch pulling into the park if you are towing, there is a dip, and low hitches may hit as evidenced by the gouge marks in the asphalt. There is a parking space for your toad on the site. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $50.00

Nice family park. Roads are a little narrow for a 43ft 5th wheel. I had to back in about 100ft due to a pole and trees. The spot was plenty deep for the truck and car to park. Easy access to the park and getting back on the road. Office staff were very friendly and helpful. Park is very pet friendly. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $42.00

This was our third stay at this park. We like it because it is close to everything Phoenix. Sure the planes make noise, but we got familiar with it. We enjoy relaxing in the pool area. The park is not fancy but staff make it seem better. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $47.00

The park is very nice. We had a pretty level spot on compacted gravel and were surrounded with gravel. There was a nice patio and we had a bonus of a shed. We stayed 2 weeks and were able to store our bikes, bike rack, and ladder in the shed. WiFi was advertised, but we were only able to get on it 1 out of 5 days and after that we gave up and used my phone's hot spot. The park doesn't have enough or fast enough WiFi for the number of people in the park. There were a lot of snowbirds from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and Canada. We met some nice people from Washington and had drinks with them almost every night. There were a lot of full timers, too, and most kept their area tidy, some not so much. There are 240 spaces and only 3 toilets and 2 showers in each of the bathrooms. My husband was in line many times to use the facilities. No cable TV, we were stuck with airwaves only. We could get local channels and some retro stations. We never used the pool as the weather didn't cooperate with us; who would have expected 3 days of rain in Phoenix during February. There are a few activities, free coffee in the morning, free pancake breakfast Saturday mornings, and a weight room. The laundry room was clean; $2.25 for wash and if you want a longer cycle (43 minutes) $2.75. Dryers were $.25 for 5 minutes. The dryers were hot enough that most of my clothes were dry in 20 minutes. It was a nice park, we were very lucky to get a spot at the last minute in February. And the location was pretty good as there was plenty of stores near by to stock up. It's near Interstate 17 and it was a bit noisy. There is a sound wall and that helps a lot. Our spot was nearest the freeway and it was very tolerable. We would stay there again. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

The location is great as there is a movie theater, groceries, restaurants, big box stores, etc. nearby. We visited the Desert Botanical Gardens and Phoenix Art Museum and both were great. Take a docent lead tour at the art museum.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $45.00

Stayed here for a total of 20 days on a road trip to CA and back. Location worked for us because of family. Easy access from 101 and 17 fwys, and close to some shopping and restaurants at Norterra (about 1 1/4 miles). Our site was a pull through which was packed gravel, and included a small concrete pad with a picnic table. Spaces were slightly staggered with small shrubs in between to block (somewhat) neighbor's sewer. Yes, in flight path for regional airport which starts at about 7a and ends at about 10p, but we were out and about during the day, so this wasn't an issue. There isn't an age restriction at this park which was fine with us. All families and kids were well behaved. There also isn't a restriction on dog breeds, which prevented us from letting out little dog run in the dog "play area" because of several pit bulls. Internet is through Tengo, which is really bad! Also, no cable. Overall though, we would stay here again, as it had a nice community feel to it. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $46.00

I have really mixed feelings about this park. Parts of it are fairly nice, and other parts look like a trailer park. We were in the most expensive section which grew on me after a while. It is an all ages, all RV types park. The sites are fairly close together; closer than I'd like. Like most parks, the internet service is laughable. I liked the location of the park in that it is in the northern part of Phoenix with easy access to spring training camps. The staff was a high point. Good, friendly people who care about their work. We did not use many of the amenities such as the pool, spa, clubhouse, and laundry. It seemed that everyone had at least one dog with them, and I was put off by the amount of animal waste I encountered while walking about the park. Some people just weren't raised right. We will likely return to Phoenix next year, and I suspect we may end up back here, as we toured a couple of the neighboring mega parks that are 55+ (but appeared to be 155+) and did not find them to be to our liking. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $45.00

This park has some nice aspects that are unfortunately offset by some that are not so nice. For me value and service each lose 3 stars for the following: This RV park is right on the flight path of very noisy small aircraft flying over repeatedly until just past dusk. Internet is a hassle and low quality. Restrooms require a key that is shared by everyone in the RV. The area is dirty industrial so even though the park is good itself the surroundings are not. Add a star on service for the very courteous and friendly office staff we met during checkin. Overall, probably OK for a quick stopover but I'd look elsewhere for longer term stays. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $41.00

Best location in the Phoenix area! Excellent park. Located just N of the 101 just off the 17. We stayed in one of a few P/T sites. All sites were level, gravel, easy HU. The back in sites are more shaded, which would have been nice, since we ended up staying 4 nights due to a sudden work project. Pool is small but nice. Didn't check out the laundry or showers. Very nice staff. Would definitely stay here again. We visit Phoenix regularly, and this will become our park. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

409 pull through
Concrete, Gravel

Easy to get to Scottsdale shopping and restaurants. Easy to get anywhere in the area.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $44.00

Third time at this park and it grows on us. We like it. Had a pull through that accommodated our toad. Clean and mostly quiet. I used the clean pool. Wife, the workout room. Would stay again. WiFi weak. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $48.00

Our 3rd time at Desert Edge. Meets our needs: location, mountain biking/hiking, spring baseball, dog friendly; even has a dog wash area. We spent a week. Ladies restroom had one of two showers under repair. The one shower drained poorly. The water restrictor is excessive, meaning a slower water flow. Reported this, but nothing done. 2nd shower returned to service with similar low flow water. Not an issue with previous stays. This is a busy campground. Rigs fairly close. Cement pad; picnic table; good landscaping. Plenty of space to walk dogs. Good over the air TV. No cable/WiFi. We camped at Desert's Edge RV Village in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Drive around this area and you will find all the shops one needs. Read their useful handouts for locations. Head up 19th Ave about 5-6 miles and there is great hiking/biking in the Sonoran Mt Desert Park.

Featured Campgrounds Near Desert's Edge RV Village

Are you affiliated with Desert's Edge RV Village ?