Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park)

Picacho, Arizona

Recent Rate: $27 11/2014

RV4me16

Very nice park. Long pull through. We only slept there for one night but I would go again. No one was there, it was very quiet with a few people who live in homes or RV. I believe it is a place that most people go in the Winter to escape snow. What was strange is the office hours this time of year are 9-1. I could not get anyone on the phone and when I got there I had to fill out an envelope and provide my information like credit card, etc. I hate doing this, but there was no other way to stay. Thank goodness they had a security guard that was off duty that helped me. Otherwise I would have had no idea how to do this. Never stayed at a place where they did not have someone to check me in. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

silverado

First Class spot, except they charge for overnight WiFi. Fenced dog run, large laundry, nice pool area, Extra large sites(new) but rock still needs to be packed down. Fuel and food (Subway and DQ) at highway exit. Most RV Parks have free WiFi so this park needs to get with the program. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Will stay again. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

blz

Convenient to freeway. Easy to maneuver a big rig. Super-size sites are level, spacious and have a patio with picnic table and privacy fence. Showers are clean and plenty of hot water. Laundry room looks really nice. Staff is very nice and helpful. The location is stunning, right at the base of PIcacho Peak. Just outside the park is plenty of room to take the dog for a walk. There is a charge for Wi-Fi but we were at the end of the row and got the free Wi-Fi from the truck stop. It worked fine. We have stayed here before and would stay again. A great park. Price reflects Escapees and off-season discounts. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Go often

I would rate this park higher except for the wind and the highway noise, both of which they have no control over. The people were friendly, the view is outstanding. There are lots of activities. We stayed 2 nights and the second morning there was an awful smell from the sewage treatment area. I would stay again We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

darla's dad

This is an excellent park. Sites are compacted gravel and roads are concrete. FHU 50 amp worked great. There is a small gym and pool and it was very clean. Staff very solicitous. We have stayed here before and will again. Easy movement to and from the freeway. The traffic noise was not noticeable. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

retiredmomof3

Access to the sites we were placed in was awkward. The hookups are placed at the entrance of each site rather than the middle, so that when we placed our 5er out of the roadway, our sewer hose was not long enough to reach, so we ended up not connecting anything but the power. But the park was clean and staff friendly and helpful. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Kimberly Karjala

Rate reflects Good Sam rate for one night. Easy off and on I-10, some highway and train noise but it didn't keep me up all night. Hot tub could have been a little warmer for my taste but was nice to relax in, we were the only ones using it. In my opinion, the sites would be more user friendly had they been angled instead of straight for the pull thrus. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Lance Sterling

Very scenic park located on the Picacho Peak mountainside. There are many Saguaro cactus scattered around the park, as well as other cactus plantings. The entry and courtyard area are quite impressive in a Mission Adobe style. Access is easy right off I-10, and sites are easy to get in and out of. All streets are paved, pads are concrete on gravel sites and quite a few have trees. Pool and Spa are in the Courtyard area, so are protected from wind. Clubhouse is huge, and seemed to us that there was something going all the time. This is a mixed park, in that, there are RV sites mixed with park models. Everyone was friendly! This is probably the friendliest park we have ever stayed in! I pay attention to Good Sam Ratings, and this park has some of the highest I have ever seen, like 10 10 9.5. we stayed here a year ago and now back again in November. A year ago the water was typical for Arizona, super hard and alkaline! You couldn't drink it. This year the park made the financial commitment to install Reverse Osmosis water plant for the entire park! The water now has to be the best in Arizona. We loved the park and we WILL return! I rate this park as a 10, and I don't give out 10's We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

nbi600

The sites are very short for big rigs, the parking space is narrow and the utilities in a very poor location. We were given a pull-thru and couldn't stay connected mainly because we'd have to park the RV at the very front edge of the site to accommodate the car. Since all hookups are at the opposite rear end of the site we would have needed at least two, 20' sewer hose connections. The picnic tables were in bad condition and there was no shade. A big portion of this park has permanent park models. We were warned about the water taste but were told they were putting in park-wide reverse osomosis. The pool was small but nice and the office was friendly on check-in. There is absolutely nothing to do in the immediate area. The park is fairly far north of Tucson and south of Casa Grande. There aren't any restaurants except for a Dairy Queen. We would not return. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Lance Sterling

A Fabulous RV Resort! I understand Trailer Life just completed a new survey and ratings were 10-10-9.5! That's just about as good as it gets. It is deserved. The scenery, with the mountain above the resort, is spectacular, especially in the evenings, when the sun goes behind The Peak. The Courtyard area includes a pool and spa in a nice setting. There are billiards, horseshoes, shuffleboard for those that like them, as well as other activities. The activities calendar is VERY busy for those that wish to partake. We participated in some activities, and the folks here are some of the nicest we have ever met! We liked this resort so well that we stayed several months this winter. Some previous posters have mentioned road and/or train noise as bothering them, however, we found that to be a non-issue as after a day or two, you don't notice anything unusual...besides, I kind of like watching a train go by. I almost never hear a train whistle. I guess there are no crossings close by. The other issue I saw mentioned by previous posters, was the hard water. We had no problem buying water (5 gal. for a dollar) for coffee and to drink. I have been told that the resort is installing a park-wide Reverse Osmosis and softener system this spring, so they may end up having the best water in Arizona when we come back next winter! All in all, this is the best park we have ever spent a lengthy amount of time in! We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Kelly S

This park has potential, but definitely hasn't reached it yet! Looks very nice from the road and upon entry, but our site looked like an unfinished gravel driveway. The night time noise is unbelievable! It was a constant barrage of train noise and trucks on-the-freeway noise. ALL NIGHT! We had thought we might spend 2 nights in the area in order to hike Picacho Peak, but after a night of virtually no sleep at all, we decided to just head into Yuma. Granted, this is a new resort so there's still work to be done (clearly!). But they should avoid sticking people on the hill until that area is completed. And after our experience, I swear noise rises! Also, there is absolutely nothing nearby, except a fast food restaurant / service station. Nearest groceries are about 15 miles, and according to a resort employee, the store there is not worth going to. That leaves you with a 30+ mile drive to get groceries! I have to say, I would NOT recommend this park! There's a lovely State campground about 3 miles away: no idea if there are hookups, but unless you plan on spending days, it shouldn't matter. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

BRNewsom

Beautiful, well maintained park, with great scenic view, paved roads, and concrete patios. Stayed here overnight, but would like to come back for a longer stay. Utility hookups were in the back, and the sewer hookup was a stretch for our 5th wheel. Somewhat isolated, but that is part of the attraction of the park. Adjacent to the west side of I-10, and the ubiquitous railroad track, but the noise didn't bother us much. The only negative aspect was not being able to drink the water right from the tap due to high chemical content. OK for bathing, brushing teeth, etc. Purified water for drinking can be purchased for 5 cents per gallon, so we didn't consider this to be a big issue. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

TwoForRoad

Scenic park. Busy activity calendar. Friendly residents and staff. Escorted us to our site. Gave us 2 big homemade chocolate chip cookies when we checked in!!! Big laundry. Dog run had lights. Nice big sites. Great weather. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

raymond28

We intended an extended stay but left early (with no refund!) It is a nice looking park but the noise from trains and Interstate just a few hundred feet away was very annoying. The water was so hard it was undrinkable, and left gray stains on everything. The management was unpleasant, unreasonable and unprofessional. We would never stay here again. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Fifth Wheel.

User2521

A beautiful and well maintained park. The word park does not do this park justice, it is a resort. Clean pool, hot tub and showers. The staff were ready and willing to help when needed. We really enjoyed the beautiful sunset behind Picacho Peak. Will definitely will make this an annual stop. Sites are mostly pull throughs which we appreciate with a bigger rig and the managers were both professional and friendly. We camped at Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park) in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Picacho Peak RV Resort (55+ park)?