8 Good

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

• Water Spigot Water Spigot no
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Great campground just off the main highway. The park is dirt, and the campsites are quirky. But the owners are very nice and well organized. (They even have preprinted maps to follow for each campsite.) We were in the upper area and the electric (123v.) pedestals are all new. Wifi is average, I think the owner has done the best he can, considering the trees showed 8.4 mps down but hung up a lot during peak times. I had good sat. access on my site. (92) Good Verizon signal. Had trouble getting my T-Mobile on 4g. There are hiking trails from the campground, and a trail to Lake Watson. Also for those with dogs, do not miss the dog park not far from the campground. Best we have ever seen. The sites in this camp are all a bit different in configuration. Some sites are close, some very private. I did not have any trouble with my 36' Class A with toad navigating the roads but agree that they should be one way. Ask owner where it is best to unhook the toad. Some site can be a more challenging fit. Talk to the owner about your needs. We had site 92. great pull through. Site seem more level than I thought. But it would be nice if they dressed the sites with crushed rock. During rains I think the camp would be somewhat messy due to the dirt. We could hear the highway at this site but not a bother. Water pressure good. Sewer-may need an additional extension, a bit different on each site. There are many waste bins though the park and doggie bag posts. All in all I think it is a great find and would defiantly return. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight, Spacious, Nearby, Very Close
Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Hike to Watson Lake from the campground. Going to the dog park for rover is a must! Do not miss it. Go downtown to Whiskey Row. There are Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot within a few minutes. Many places to eat in the area. Generally Prescott is a pretty city and well worth a drive around.

Point of Rocks RV Campground, owner at Point of Rocks RV Campground responded to this review

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

To make a very long story short, there is no way we will ever come back to this park again. We made reservations to stay a few days to get away from the heat down south of Tucson. They call it Point of Rocks. It should be called Piles of Dirt. Dirt and dust everywhere. The pull thru site we had reserved dropped off at the front to where we would not be able to hook up and get leveled together. The old filthy dirty wooden box for the water hookup was, was full of dirt and weeds and various capped of wires. The sewer hookup was uphill from out coach but I guess sewage somehow flows uphill in this park? After getting the office guy to come look at the space we had reserved he gave us a map with four other spaces to go look at. We did and got stuck trying to negotiate a rather tight tree lined curve to one space and finally gave up, forfeited one night and did get refund for the second night. I must be a different kind of RVer as my review certainly does not coincide with the ones we read that we based our stay upon. And the pics of RV's nestled in between huge rocks and boulders, etc., well we certainly never saw those in our dirt drive thru the entire park. When arrived our coach was clean from being washed down in Tucson except for the bug splatters on the windshield. When we left it was filthy and I swear we left a dust trail as we drove off down the road. It is for absolutely positively certain that we won't ever be coming back to "Piles of Dirt" again. The pics on the website are deceiving but if dirt and more dirt is your thing then this is definitely the place for you............... We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

My tip is that unless you love dirt, mud and dust while camping, then keep on driving and stay elsewhere....................

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $38.00

We ended up having to stay a week because I got the flu and was very ill. They were so nice and accommodating during this time for us. They managed to find us spaces even tho we had to move 3 times. This campground is absolutely beautiful--one of my favorite RV parks ever. Great trails, stunning rocks and scenery, quiet. Wifi varied throughout the park but ranged from ok to excellent. Laundry facilities were great. I can't recommend this RV park highly enough. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

56D was great

Thank you for staying with us. We're always happy to accommodate our customers when we can!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Great park, a little pricey for what I normally stay at, but there is nothing comparable in the area. The location is excellent if you like to bike or hike. The customer service was friendly and professional. I had a little trouble getting into the site they selected for me, even though I told them in advance I had slides on two sides. However, two very nice men helped me get in there, one of them trimming trees as we went. Once I got in there, it was a great spot, very private and close to the office and laundry. It's not as quiet a park as I like, due to the location near the highway, but it wasn't horrible, and quieted down considerably at night. I would definitely stay here again, mostly for the hiking and biking opportunities. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $38.00

This place was packed this time of year, as are most RV parks, as not much else is open yet. I don't think I would navigate this park with a big rig. Our first site was on the outside of the loop and backed up to the rocks, which we loved. Our second site was in the center and we had RVs on 3 sides practically looking in all our windows. Sites are very close, both side to side and back to back. The entire park is dirt so there was a lot of dust blowing around every time someone drove through. I would not want to be here when it was windy! There are a lot of trees and shrubbery, which offers some nice shade. The bathrooms are tired, but extremely clean. The laundry was also very clean. Check in was easy and half the staff were friendly and the other half perfunctory. It was very quiet here at night. We had the windows closed and did not hear any road noise. Great location for visiting either of the two lakes - both of which have great nooks and crannies for exploring by kayak. Both also have fun trails to hike. The campground abuts Lake Watkins and you can walk the trail to the lake. You can also do some bouldering right from the campground. I would give this one more star if they laid down some gravel. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

50-82

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $36.00

Nice park with good separation between sites on most sites. All gravel/dirt so when dry, it gets dusty, and when it's wet, it gets messy! We were there during a big storm. Messy but dried quick! Sites are fairly level and roomy enough for our toad. We had a nice pull in site, fairly secluded but we did have road noise. No fire other propane fire rings! Yuk! No 50 amps but they are working on it and should be ready very soon. No cable but site had a good clear southern sky. Great friendly office. Restrooms and showers are clean, Laundry area next to office and clean. Directly off main highway with easy access. Tight maneuvering as noted in previous reviews but manageable with our 40'and toad. Very good access to Prescott and Prescott Valley. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Other

We're happy you enjoyed your stay. Our project to install 50 amp service on 23 additional sites has been completed. Come stay with us again soon!

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $1.00

We are returning RV Campers. Quiet and friendly. Trail to lake, nice hike. We plan to go again next month. Owners very friendly helpful. Had a little issue with our Direct TV from trees being in the view point, but it all worked out. Wish they accepted Passport America. Would visit more often. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Be sure go to downtown Prescott. Many great restaurants and city park; always has something going on.

Thank you for coming back to stay with us! Let us know about your satellite needs when you make your next reservation and we'll be sure to get you into an appropriate spot.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $36.00

Very nice park, secluded spaces, fairly level, dirt roads to your space. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay at Point of Rocks RV Campground!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

We are nearing the end of a 10-day stay at this park and really enjoyed it. The sites are scattered in among the trees and granite dell formations making it unique compared to other campgrounds. We could back in our 36' motorhome at the upper end of the park fine but some it could be a challenge in some areas. There are nice trees between sites (but need to be trimmed) and it is quiet. Doggie waste bags are provided which is a nice feature. Wi-fi was excellent, no cable but we have a satellite dish that worked great. Laundry room was clean and very affordable - $1/load to wash or dry. They should make the road around the park one way though because it is narrow if two rigs would happen to meet on it. About 15 minutes from town, restaurants and shopping make it really convenient. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

The Palace Saloon on Whiskey Row is a fun place for lunch or dinner. Many nice shops to wander around and just a fun town to play tourist.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

This is a nice campground that sits on top of a hill around a bunch of rock out cropping's. Some sites are a little tough to get into. The road going to the upper end could be a problem if another rv'er is coming from the other direction. Air TV is tough, the 22 channels you get mostly go in and out. There is no cable. Wi/fi worked good. Roads get a little dusty but are in decent shape. This place has a state park feel to it. Making a left hand turn out of the campground can be a little dangerous due to the blind turn. Overall its a decent place, just would need to be updated to get a high rating then what I'm giving it now. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $32.00

We stay here in our 30' 2 slide Class C motor home. Our site was wide enough to hold the motor home and our tow. Not easy to find a level place to unhook and hook up our tow. Beautiful view of rocks and mountains from back of motor home. RVs and small sites from front of RV. Lots of permanent RVs. Electric, sewer, water, WIFI, satellite and cell phone good. We would stay here again. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

12 lower section

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

This is a unique park, lots of big boulders create private spots. Small and large spots available. Roomy sites, quiet. Close to Prescott: but still a 12-15 minute drive. Very clean. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Many sites have a view from the elevation. Groups can be accommodated in certain areas that are private.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

This was the first time I stayed at this park in my 40 ft RV and SUV toad.

The park is really cool, as you are surrounded by huge rocks jutting out of the ground all around you. It makes for great climbs, star watching, and sunsets. There is a lake nearby and the town of Prescott is about 10 min away. The staff was excellent and friendly and helped me with several reservation changes. I only gave this park a 7 because they are upgrading the facilities and are not quite done. They are doing a great job, adding more 50 amp sites, new washer dryers, redo of the office, etc.

My only real problem was the lack of gravel, asphalt, or concrete. Every road is a dirt road as well as the sites, and the park is dusty from the wind, and traffic. That dust gets carried into the RV by air, dogs, and feet. Once this is fixed I would give the park a 9.

Satellite can be a problem at some of the sites due to tress, so pick carefully. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $32.00

Trees on three sides gave our site nice privacy at a park that is close to a couple of small lakes and convenient to visit Historic Prescott. Access roads and sites are gravel, and ours was adequate for our 37' MH with room to park the car in front. Water, electricity, and sewer hookups were convenient. WiFi signal was strong and the thruput was very good. We didn't use the restrooms or laundry. We thought this was a comfortable place to stay and a decent value. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $35.00

Friendly staff, beautiful campground, wide easy back-in sites, and excellent wi-fi. About a half mile, bit rough trail to amazing Watson Lake with beautiful rock formations. That alone will have us return.
About ten minute drive to Prescott and Costco, Tuesday Morning, etc and charming old town with many cool shops. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Upper section

Distant Drums RV Resort

Camp Verde, Arizona

Rancho Sedona RV Park

Sedona, Arizona

Are you affiliated with Point of Rocks RV Campground?