8 Good

Friday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

Ask fellow campers about "Point of Rocks RV Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $43.00

This is a rather mixed review I admit. It is pretty expensive for little curb appeal at the entrance and no amenities - except the granite rocks. With a little sprucing up this facility would be much nicer. We were in site 86 which is a very nice size pull-through with good shade for the afternoon sun moving west. But the site was weedy, there was a nearly dead pine tree on the living side with the weeds, the majority of the space was on the hook-up side and and there was nothing attractive about the hook-ups. While most people did follow the speed limit to keep the dust down we had a steady flow of huge dump trucks passing by on Monday of our stay. They were moving fairly slow but there isn't any getting around the dust stirred up with these huge trucks. The trees are all covered in dust as well so the whole place just felt sad and ratty. Interior roads have some pretty tight spots for a larger rig. The people here were very nice, the boulders are indeed cool and the layout of the park keeps things interesting. I do not think we would return - although there are not many alternatives in the area for a 42' class A. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

If you are traveling south on 89 be advised the sign for the park is hidden behind trees. So if you miss the turn, as we did, it is not a problem as there is a roundabout less than a tenth of a mile farther on - so turning around is easy. Coming north no problem. The sign is visible.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $43.00

Terrific Park! Gravel roads with a bit of upgrading going on. Very basic needs in the camp store including ice cream and Keurig coffee. They have a small library of DVDs to borrow. Large clean laundry area. We didn't use the showers but went in and checked them out, very clean! Looks like there are some permanent residents but in a separate area from the campground. Campsites are good, plenty of room for our 38 ft motor home and Jeep. Groceries, Walmart and Target are a few miles away. The one bad thing was the mosquitoes, they nearly carried me away! I'm fair skinned so they loved me. My husband has darker skin and he didn't have the same issue. We would definitely go back! We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

We loved the little Heritage zoo. They have a beautiful Bengal tiger named Cassie as well as a black bear, wallabies, Emu, Bald Eagle, Golden Eagle, peacocks and assorted animals native to the area. Kiwanis Korner has a small petting zoo and play area with sand. There's a decent sized playground and a tiny splash pad. Our 3 year-old grand daughter really enjoyed her time, it was the right size for her limited attention span. Bring a picnic and most definitely bring water.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

I would love to say we hate this place just so we will always be able to get in. We stayed here for 3 weeks. One week on the upper level and 2 weeks on the lower. It has everything you need. Clean, close to everything and friendly staff. We will always stay here in the future. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

79 - 45

Final Scores is a very nice sports bar and grill.

Point of Rocks RV Campground, owner at Point of Rocks RV Campground responded to this review

We're very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Point of Rocks. It seems every year gets more busy, so be sure to make your reservations early to get your favorite spot. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the Prescott area. Thank you!

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

We love this park! We discovered it in 2017 and revisited in May 2018, with plans to return again yet this year. Sites feel private. Full amenities including sewer, which is great for longer stays. The boulders are incredible! Friendly staff. Nice store for smaller items. On site 63, may have to adjust angle to achieve full auto jack leveling. Love this place! We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Site 63

Near Watson lake - great for kayak, hiking.

Our staff loves getting to meet guests, and it is a great feeling when, like you, they return year after year. We are so happy that you enjoy coming to stay at Point of Rocks. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Featured Campgrounds Near Point of Rocks RV Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

Nicest park in the Prescott area. Sites are available for small units to big rigs. Check in was easy and park rules were clearly explained. Roads are in good shape and our site was level. Most folks were great about keeping to the 5 mph speed limit, so dust was kept to a minimum. Two walking trails lead directly from the campground and are great for walking the dogs or for a fun hike among the Granite Dells. Bathrooms are older, but clean. No issues with water, electric or getting satellite signal. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

We appreciate you sharing your experience from staying at Point of Rocks! It sounds like you had a great time exploring the Granite Dells during your stay. Please visit us again soon.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $46.00

Have stayed here many times. The park is tucked into the Granite Dells above Prescott and the area is beautiful. Not fancy, i.e. no pool, no fenced dog park, but it's perfect for the views and the peaceful quiet. Close to town. Depending on traffic, you might have to wait to turn left out of the park onto Highway 89, but never for more than a minute or two. Pull-throughs are long enough to not unhook, but most sites are back-in. Back-ins are deep enough for the largest rig, and wide enough to park your towed vehicle next to the RV with plenty of room for picnic table, etc. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Phippen Museum dedicated to the art and artists of the area. The Sharlot Hall Museum downtown Prescott. A must place to eat in town is The Palace! Sadly, Prescott is home of the Granite Mountain Hotshots; 19 wildfire fighters that perished fighting the Yarnell Fire. Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park is worth the hour trip south down Hwy 89.

We're very happy that you enjoy coming to stay at Point of Rocks! We appreciate all of our guests who return each year for a vacation, family get-togethers and to attend Prescott events. Thank you for sharing your favorite activities.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $39.00

Nice park but is really a dust bowl. Mostly dirt, very little gravel. Dusty place but otherwise a nice park. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Due to an unusually dry winter and spring this year, we apologize that it was dusty during your stay. We have a mixture of gravel and dirt on our roads and campsites instead of paving them. This is in order to keep the "campground" feel that our guests enjoy.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $43.00

We had a nice time at this park. Our site was back in with plenty of space for our slide outs. The hookups were in great shape, no issues. The park is close to Watson Lake and a hiking trail to the lake is located near this site. My children thoroughly enjoyed hiking to the lake and back every day (about 10-15 min walk). The rock formations give the impression of a rugged hike. I did not see a playground at the campsite. The only issue I had with site 71 was the wind. The site is on the edge of a hill and was windy. The other sites are farther in and the sites face another direction likely blocking any wind. The roads within the camp appear tight, but in reality even with my toad I had no issues. The gentleman at the desk was very friendly and gave me several printed handouts with things to do in the area. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

We visited the town of Prescott and had lunch at The Palace restaurant and saloon. It was worth it. The next day we drove to Jerome which is an old mining town and built on the side of a hill. A very neat place to visit and stay for lunch. Sedona was another day trip we took and joined a "jeep tour" there. Of note, this was a very busy time as it was spring break and a lot of travelers were out and about.

Wow, it sounds like you had a great time during your stay at Point of Rocks. We are in a great location for day trips to Sedona, Jerome and the Grand Canyon, and it looks like you took full advantage of that. Thank you for sharing your experience, and we hope to see you back the next time you're in the Prescott area!

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $37.00

Enjoyed stay, campground roads were a little tight, but camping spots were plenty big enough. Both pull through and back in were nice. All amenities were good. Used laundry within park and was good. Stayed in March which is cool. Water had heat tapes. Had no problems with electricity or sewer. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Went to the Grand Canyon. It was 80 or 90 miles but roads were good.

Thank you so much for your review. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay at Point of Rocks. We are open all year round, and we hope that you come back to stay here again!

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

Overnight stay only. Nice sites near Watsons Lake. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Nice spot with a great lake within walking distance.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us, and we're glad you got enjoy Watson Lake!

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $43.00

The park itself is lovely and maintained well. Roads are dirt, sites are varied. It's Arizona and they have made this park representative of the area vs a parking lot with hookups. Nice dog walk at top of hill along rocks. My issue is with the reservations team. When I made my reservation I was unsure if I should stay 2 or 3 nights. It is winter and I was told I could extend one day and it would be penciled in. When I went to pay for additional day I was informed the space was rented the day after I called. Personally I have to rely on accurate information to make intelligent decisions. I am very unhappy and my trip spoiled. I had some business, getting over the flu so I slowed down, planning to see Prescott today. Now I must leave- too hard to move this 39 ft toy hauler around for just one night- would take so long I still would not have time to explore the area! Moral of the story- get creative making a reservation here. Do not believe what they tell you on the phone and you will probably enjoy this park! We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Be very careful when making reservation. If you even think you might want to stay longer make 2 reservations.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

We sincerely apologize that this happened to you. As a result of this situation, we have clarified our reservation policy, that we only hold sites when they are paid for. This way it is clear to our staff and our customers which dates a site is reserved. Please consider staying with us again on your next trip through Prescott.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

I always wanted to stay here because of the pictures. Yes it is a bit dusty and no one mentioned the road noise although running our air conditioning most of the time blocked that out. I think for the price these spots were a bit closer to my neighbors than I liked. Laundry room was cheap and clean! Unfortunately this stay cost us an extra $700. Because some animal chewed through our fuel cable. I probably wouldn't stay here again just because I think it's a bit over priced andnthe roadside are hard to negotiate. We have a 36' fifth wheel. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight parking and dirt roads. Had to keep our shades pulled in back as we backed up to another trailer just feet away.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $38.00

A few have commented negatively about the roads being dirt instead of asphalt - dusty. We found other campers very respectful in observing the 5 mph limit, and little dust as a result. It adds to the charm of this place. Our site had a feeling of privacy - surrounded by shrubs, boulders. The restrooms were well maintained - showers clean, stalls likewise. Ample trash containers tucked throughout the park. The office/store has a good range of basic supplies, and the staff are simply superb! So friendly and helpful. This is definitely a repeat destination for us. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Prescott has an Enterprise rental located 10 minutes from this park - they pick up and drop back off. Convenient. The town square likewise is 5 miles away - great shopping, especially Whiskey Row. Do lunch at The Palace for sure (circa 1877).

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. We're glad our staff was take care of you!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

This park is truly unique. It is tucked into the Granite Dells. Our site had a giant boulder in back that was 30 feet tall. You hike through the dells right from the campground. The views were incredible. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

To make a very long story short, there is no way we will ever come back to this park again. We made reservations to stay a few days to get away from the heat down south of Tucson. They call it Point of Rocks. It should be called Piles of Dirt. Dirt and dust everywhere. The pull thru site we had reserved dropped off at the front to where we would not be able to hook up and get leveled together. The old filthy dirty wooden box for the water hookup was, was full of dirt and weeds and various capped of wires. The sewer hookup was uphill from out coach but I guess sewage somehow flows uphill in this park? After getting the office guy to come look at the space we had reserved he gave us a map with four other spaces to go look at. We did and got stuck trying to negotiate a rather tight tree lined curve to one space and finally gave up, forfeited one night and did get refund for the second night. I must be a different kind of RVer as my review certainly does not coincide with the ones we read that we based our stay upon. And the pics of RV's nestled in between huge rocks and boulders, etc., well we certainly never saw those in our dirt drive thru the entire park. When arrived our coach was clean from being washed down in Tucson except for the bug splatters on the windshield. When we left it was filthy and I swear we left a dust trail as we drove off down the road. It is for absolutely positively certain that we won't ever be coming back to "Piles of Dirt" again. The pics on the website are deceiving but if dirt and more dirt is your thing then this is definitely the place for you............... We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

My tip is that unless you love dirt, mud and dust while camping, then keep on driving and stay elsewhere....................

Featured Campgrounds Near Point of Rocks RV Campground

Are you affiliated with Point of Rocks RV Campground ?