8 Good

Friday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 6:00pm

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

Ask fellow campers about "Point of Rocks RV Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

I would love to say we hate this place just so we will always be able to get in. We stayed here for 3 weeks. One week on the upper level and 2 weeks on the lower. It has everything you need. Clean, close to everything and friendly staff. We will always stay here in the future. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

79 - 45

Final Scores is a very nice sports bar and grill.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

We love this park! We discovered it in 2017 and revisited in May 2018, with plans to return again yet this year. Sites feel private. Full amenities including sewer, which is great for longer stays. The boulders are incredible! Friendly staff. Nice store for smaller items. On site 63, may have to adjust angle to achieve full auto jack leveling. Love this place! We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Site 63

Near Watson lake - great for kayak, hiking.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

Nicest park in the Prescott area. Sites are available for small units to big rigs. Check in was easy and park rules were clearly explained. Roads are in good shape and our site was level. Most folks were great about keeping to the 5 mph speed limit, so dust was kept to a minimum. Two walking trails lead directly from the campground and are great for walking the dogs or for a fun hike among the Granite Dells. Bathrooms are older, but clean. No issues with water, electric or getting satellite signal. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $46.00

Have stayed here many times. The park is tucked into the Granite Dells above Prescott and the area is beautiful. Not fancy, i.e. no pool, no fenced dog park, but it's perfect for the views and the peaceful quiet. Close to town. Depending on traffic, you might have to wait to turn left out of the park onto Highway 89, but never for more than a minute or two. Pull-throughs are long enough to not unhook, but most sites are back-in. Back-ins are deep enough for the largest rig, and wide enough to park your towed vehicle next to the RV with plenty of room for picnic table, etc. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Phippen Museum dedicated to the art and artists of the area. The Sharlot Hall Museum downtown Prescott. A must place to eat in town is The Palace! Sadly, Prescott is home of the Granite Mountain Hotshots; 19 wildfire fighters that perished fighting the Yarnell Fire. Granite Mountain Hotshots Memorial State Park is worth the hour trip south down Hwy 89.

Featured Campgrounds Near Point of Rocks RV Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $39.00

Nice park but is really a dust bowl. Mostly dirt, very little gravel. Dusty place but otherwise a nice park. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $43.00

We had a nice time at this park. Our site was back in with plenty of space for our slide outs. The hookups were in great shape, no issues. The park is close to Watson Lake and a hiking trail to the lake is located near this site. My children thoroughly enjoyed hiking to the lake and back every day (about 10-15 min walk). The rock formations give the impression of a rugged hike. I did not see a playground at the campsite. The only issue I had with site 71 was the wind. The site is on the edge of a hill and was windy. The other sites are farther in and the sites face another direction likely blocking any wind. The roads within the camp appear tight, but in reality even with my toad I had no issues. The gentleman at the desk was very friendly and gave me several printed handouts with things to do in the area. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

We visited the town of Prescott and had lunch at The Palace restaurant and saloon. It was worth it. The next day we drove to Jerome which is an old mining town and built on the side of a hill. A very neat place to visit and stay for lunch. Sedona was another day trip we took and joined a "jeep tour" there. Of note, this was a very busy time as it was spring break and a lot of travelers were out and about.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $37.00

Enjoyed stay, campground roads were a little tight, but camping spots were plenty big enough. Both pull through and back in were nice. All amenities were good. Used laundry within park and was good. Stayed in March which is cool. Water had heat tapes. Had no problems with electricity or sewer. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Went to the Grand Canyon. It was 80 or 90 miles but roads were good.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $38.00

Overnight stay only. Nice sites near Watsons Lake. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Nice spot with a great lake within walking distance.

Point of Rocks RV Campground, owner at Point of Rocks RV Campground responded to this review

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us, and we're glad you got enjoy Watson Lake!

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $43.00

The park itself is lovely and maintained well. Roads are dirt, sites are varied. It's Arizona and they have made this park representative of the area vs a parking lot with hookups. Nice dog walk at top of hill along rocks. My issue is with the reservations team. When I made my reservation I was unsure if I should stay 2 or 3 nights. It is winter and I was told I could extend one day and it would be penciled in. When I went to pay for additional day I was informed the space was rented the day after I called. Personally I have to rely on accurate information to make intelligent decisions. I am very unhappy and my trip spoiled. I had some business, getting over the flu so I slowed down, planning to see Prescott today. Now I must leave- too hard to move this 39 ft toy hauler around for just one night- would take so long I still would not have time to explore the area! Moral of the story- get creative making a reservation here. Do not believe what they tell you on the phone and you will probably enjoy this park! We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Be very careful when making reservation. If you even think you might want to stay longer make 2 reservations.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

We sincerely apologize that this happened to you. As a result of this situation, we have clarified our reservation policy, that we only hold sites when they are paid for. This way it is clear to our staff and our customers which dates a site is reserved. Please consider staying with us again on your next trip through Prescott.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $30.00

I always wanted to stay here because of the pictures. Yes it is a bit dusty and no one mentioned the road noise although running our air conditioning most of the time blocked that out. I think for the price these spots were a bit closer to my neighbors than I liked. Laundry room was cheap and clean! Unfortunately this stay cost us an extra $700. Because some animal chewed through our fuel cable. I probably wouldn't stay here again just because I think it's a bit over priced andnthe roadside are hard to negotiate. We have a 36' fifth wheel. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight parking and dirt roads. Had to keep our shades pulled in back as we backed up to another trailer just feet away.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $38.00

A few have commented negatively about the roads being dirt instead of asphalt - dusty. We found other campers very respectful in observing the 5 mph limit, and little dust as a result. It adds to the charm of this place. Our site had a feeling of privacy - surrounded by shrubs, boulders. The restrooms were well maintained - showers clean, stalls likewise. Ample trash containers tucked throughout the park. The office/store has a good range of basic supplies, and the staff are simply superb! So friendly and helpful. This is definitely a repeat destination for us. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Prescott has an Enterprise rental located 10 minutes from this park - they pick up and drop back off. Convenient. The town square likewise is 5 miles away - great shopping, especially Whiskey Row. Do lunch at The Palace for sure (circa 1877).

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. We're glad our staff was take care of you!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $40.00

This park is truly unique. It is tucked into the Granite Dells. Our site had a giant boulder in back that was 30 feet tall. You hike through the dells right from the campground. The views were incredible. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

To make a very long story short, there is no way we will ever come back to this park again. We made reservations to stay a few days to get away from the heat down south of Tucson. They call it Point of Rocks. It should be called Piles of Dirt. Dirt and dust everywhere. The pull thru site we had reserved dropped off at the front to where we would not be able to hook up and get leveled together. The old filthy dirty wooden box for the water hookup was, was full of dirt and weeds and various capped of wires. The sewer hookup was uphill from out coach but I guess sewage somehow flows uphill in this park? After getting the office guy to come look at the space we had reserved he gave us a map with four other spaces to go look at. We did and got stuck trying to negotiate a rather tight tree lined curve to one space and finally gave up, forfeited one night and did get refund for the second night. I must be a different kind of RVer as my review certainly does not coincide with the ones we read that we based our stay upon. And the pics of RV's nestled in between huge rocks and boulders, etc., well we certainly never saw those in our dirt drive thru the entire park. When arrived our coach was clean from being washed down in Tucson except for the bug splatters on the windshield. When we left it was filthy and I swear we left a dust trail as we drove off down the road. It is for absolutely positively certain that we won't ever be coming back to "Piles of Dirt" again. The pics on the website are deceiving but if dirt and more dirt is your thing then this is definitely the place for you............... We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested
Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

My tip is that unless you love dirt, mud and dust while camping, then keep on driving and stay elsewhere....................

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

Great campground just off the main highway. The park is dirt, and the campsites are quirky. But the owners are very nice and well organized. (They even have preprinted maps to follow for each campsite.) We were in the upper area and the electric (123v.) pedestals are all new. Wifi is average, I think the owner has done the best he can, considering the trees showed 8.4 mps down but hung up a lot during peak times. I had good sat. access on my site. (92) Good Verizon signal. Had trouble getting my T-Mobile on 4g. There are hiking trails from the campground, and a trail to Lake Watson. Also for those with dogs, do not miss the dog park not far from the campground. Best we have ever seen. The sites in this camp are all a bit different in configuration. Some sites are close, some very private. I did not have any trouble with my 36' Class A with toad navigating the roads but agree that they should be one way. Ask owner where it is best to unhook the toad. Some site can be a more challenging fit. Talk to the owner about your needs. We had site 92. great pull through. Site seem more level than I thought. But it would be nice if they dressed the sites with crushed rock. During rains I think the camp would be somewhat messy due to the dirt. We could hear the highway at this site but not a bother. Water pressure good. Sewer-may need an additional extension, a bit different on each site. There are many waste bins though the park and doggie bag posts. All in all I think it is a great find and would defiantly return. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

No Others In Sight, Spacious, Nearby, Very Close
Sunny Open, Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Hike to Watson Lake from the campground. Going to the dog park for rover is a must! Do not miss it. Go downtown to Whiskey Row. There are Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot within a few minutes. Many places to eat in the area. Generally Prescott is a pretty city and well worth a drive around.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $40.00

Great park, a little pricey for what I normally stay at, but there is nothing comparable in the area. The location is excellent if you like to bike or hike. The customer service was friendly and professional. I had a little trouble getting into the site they selected for me, even though I told them in advance I had slides on two sides. However, two very nice men helped me get in there, one of them trimming trees as we went. Once I got in there, it was a great spot, very private and close to the office and laundry. It's not as quiet a park as I like, due to the location near the highway, but it wasn't horrible, and quieted down considerably at night. I would definitely stay here again, mostly for the hiking and biking opportunities. We camped at Point of Rocks RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Thank you for staying at Point of Rocks. We're glad that we could take care of your concerns with your campsite and you were able to enjoy your stay. Come again soon!

Featured Campgrounds Near Point of Rocks RV Campground

Are you affiliated with Point of Rocks RV Campground ?