Tusayan, Arizona

• Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $56.00

Nice park, sounds expensive but for the location is was a good value. Holiday Inn was $300 per night! They MUST get their electrician out there! I saw two plugs in the group camping area just sitting on the ground with wire wrapped in electrical tape! One even had no covers over the plugs. Showers had visible wires leading to the control head for the pay-as-you-scrub showers. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $46.00

Pull-thrus were nice to have. We only had W and E, no sewer. Free WiFi and $2/person discount to National Geographic theatre movie about Grand Canyon. Park is very conveniently located close to shuttles and right off the main road into the Grand Canyon. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $46.00

I only wish I had read the reviews before reserving. The spaces are un-even dirt, gravel, and weeds. The bathroom is dirty and they charge an additional $2 to take an eight minute shower. With all the beautiful trees in the area why would they not have some shade trees around the campsites? Helicopters flying overhead nearly nonstop during the daytime. This place needs some serious maintenance. I only have two positives: the WiFi was good and I only spent two nights here. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $46.00

Travelling from New Zealand, 20 day trip. Third night in USA, worst experience ever. This park does not subscribe to Good Sam or any other club, and I now know why. They will not be allowed to be members, as the park is filthy and run down. They are just harvesting all the desperate people that were unfortunate to secure a stand at the Grand Canyon National Park RV sites, and are fairly relaxed with harvesting and robbing desperate campers @ $46,00 per night, no dumping. Sites are unlevel, dirty and overgrown with weeds. No grass or trees in sight. Ablutions are horrendous, and to be charged $2.00 per person for 8 minute cold shower, and $3.00 to dump is what we loosely call "HIGHWAY ROBBERY". The only plus to this RV park is the proximity to the Grand Canyon Bus shuttle. I would never recommend any other RV campers to utilise this RV Park unless they are extremely desperate for a parking spot for one night. We stayed for two nights, and observed several other RV's opting to rather stand in parking areas around Tusayan rather than being exposed to this Park. It's a crying shame that this Park is allowed to operate under these circumstances, and give international and local tourists such a bad impression of run down / substandard facilities. Worst part is that they are allowed to harvest the overflow from the National Parks, without contribution to the system. Never again. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Other

No Others In Sight
Poor Conditions

Close as soon as possible, or invest in the infrastructure to ensure minimum hygiene standards are met and upheld until new development starts. Should not charge $2.00 per 8-minute shower under the existing conditions, in 20 days this is the only resort where additional charges were levied for a service that should be stock-standard to the daily fee. I'm absolutely appalled with this experience. You are doing the USA tourist industry harm and damage the way that you operate.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $46.00

Overgrown, dirt/gravel sites. Campground not maintained well. $2/8 minute showers (not enough time to get hot water!). The office put us on a tent site under a tree. Had to ask to move us as we were in a truck camper, then our new 30 amp site had upside down receptacles, making it hard to keep our plug in. Office help not very friendly. Says wifi available on literature, but we weren't offered a Pass Word to access it. No cable. We will look elsewhere in future. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Truck Camper.

Long enough for my truck camper and a trailer too

Just outside south gate of the Grand Canyon National Park.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $46.00

We are here for a second night and will be leaving in the AM. The toilets have not been cleaned in 2 days that we know of and are in great need. In the women's restroom 2 of the 4 toilets have not had toilet paper for 2 days. Many of the sites seem small and ours is so narrow the picnic table is half on the neighbouring site. The grass/dirt lot is very uneven and our trailer support bottomed out as we drove in. Our trailer is only 15 feet long. The location is good as a shuttle bus is available close by for transport to the south rim. We will not return to this RV park. Note the price we paid did not include sewer hook-up. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

274A

Wyn

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $31.00

In 32 years of RVing, we have never stayed in such a run down, filthy and unsanitary campground. The bathroom sink counters are tiled, however the tiles are cracked and broken, and sections of tile were missing entirely. The toilets were a mess, the showers were dingy and cost $2.00 for 8 minutes. (we did not use them) The worst part of the campground was the sewer system, each sewer hookup has two capped 'Y' connections, you remove one of the caps and attach your sewer hose to one of the 'Y's. Whenever someone upstream from you dumped their tanks, and also when I dumped mine, the sewage pushed up the unused cap and raw sewage overflowed all over the ground, I saw this happen in three other campsites in addition to mine. Never have I experienced such an unsanitary situation. I am amazed the Board of Health has not shut this place down. I would avoid this campground at all cost. It is a shame because this place is only one mile to the Grand Canyon south rim entrance station. I strongly recommend you not stay here, but try to get a site in the Grand Canyon National Park, or at one of the campgrounds closer to Williams AZ. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

The entrance station to the south rim of Grand Canyon National Park is only one mile from this campground. Needless to say, the Grand Canyon is spectacular and well worth seeing.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $34.00

Sites are very small, Garbage in the fire pit. We didn't use the restrooms or showers because when we went in they were grungy plus they charge $2 to take a shower. Laundry was $5 for a load. We took showers in our motorhome instead. The wifi was terrible where the lady put us so we asked to move. It was a little better but not much. She charged us full hook up price even though we could not use the water due to the time of year. We were going to stay a few nights but decided we would find someplace else the next morning. Mostly rock and gravel not much grass anywhere. Hardly any trees it is mostly open. Would not recommend staying there. The lady told us that the place was sold to a motel so they don't really care. But yet still charge full price. The site was just big enough for our motorhome good thing we did not have a vehicle in tow. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $51.00

We learned today 1/2/17 that this campground has been sold and will become a hotel. Until escrow closes, you can walk-in to camp but they are no longer taking reservations. This has been a great park with easy access to the Park's shuttle. It is sad that they are closing. The staff are friendly & helpful. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $34.00

Sites are close together, literally less than 3' between my slide and my neighbors slide. Shared picnic tables and fire rings. The least level site I've ever been at. Worst park WiFi I've ever experienced, maybe got 20 minutes of use the 3 days I was there. Thankfully I got 2-3 bars of LTE. There seem to be several full time residents here, but the park was never full. Somewhat depressing, I wanted to check out early. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

Do NOT attempt to shop at the General Store in Tusayan. Instead go to the General Store in the GCNP, it is much larger, has a deli, and somehow the prices are better.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $46.00

The park is made without any sense of love and style and in a very poor condition (amenities, sites, campground). The grill has no cooking grate and was plenty of rubbish. The worst site we have ever seen! Keep away from it. The staff is very unfriendly, the WiFi doesn't work at all sites. It might be better to travel a little bit longer but to find another place to be. What a pity that they don't have to take care of their guests - they might arrive anyway. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $46.00

Communications with staff are difficult at best. They did not answer the phone which rang busy 90% of the time I called and when I got through it was to voicemail which was returned much later. Reception appears to be understaffed and are not very friendly. The on line reservation system works fine, but again response to request is as much as 6 hours later! Clearly a manual system.

The park is adequate if you are planning on using it just for sleeping. Sites are tight and my 36 foot, four slide coach is a snug fit. The location is The Best, closest to the South entrance of the park. If I were visiting the park again I would choose this if I could not get into the park campgrounds. Park seems emptier than the reservation issues would indicate, but there are a lot of rental RVs with families that are gone from sun up to well past sundown. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Go to the park early and stay late.

Go to the imax show at the National Geographic visitor center.

Take a helicopter ride if you can afford it.

If you like Mexican eat at Sophie's which backs up to the campground, my wife is vegetarian and they had a full menu for her.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $38.00

Excellent location within the South Rim area of the National Park. Free shuttle service stop at the Village entrance that connects with the two other routes both East and West as well as the main South Rim hotels and shops. Wifi and Verizon cell coverage inconsistent. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Gravel

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $51.00

When you're the closest commercial campground to the South Rim, you really don't need to deliver a quality product to be able to fill your sites at a premium price. Location is the only plus to this campground--close to the main entrance and walking distance to grocery store, shopping and restaurants in town. Sites are tight--so tight that we did not use our rug, did not place chairs outside, and forget about extending the awning--we would have been infringing on our neighbor's space had we done any of these. Barely enough room to diagonally park our 2 door Jeep behind the rig. No picnic tables (no room for one). Oh, by the way we have a single slide, 30' B+ motorhome, and we felt cramped. Our pull through site required two blocks to get level. Back-to-back hookups so you are facing the opposite direction of your neighbors. Dust control is non-existent. Every time a vehicle drove through, dust clouds drifted past. We would have loved to open our windows, forget that. Wi-Fi worked at the picnic table outside the office, slow and spotty. Bathhouses were ancient, tight, not handicap accessible, and sorely in need of updating. Plus, you'll be paying $2 for privilege of taking an 8 minute shower. They've got you. Next time, we reserve ahead at the NPS campground. I'd rather dry camp than stay here again. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Reserve ahead and stay at a NPS campground.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $53.00

The only reason we chose this park was because of the convenient location to the Grand Canyon. The park is nothing special but organized and clean. There are pull through sites and enough room to park. You can walk to a number of restaurants and a little market,(should you need something at the last minute).

There are no amenities so the only reason to choose this place is the location and due to the premium real estate, the rate is very expensive. We paid $53 for 50amp.

There is a bicycle path that leads you directly to the visitors center if you have the desire. It's about 8 miles along the path.. We camped at Grand Canyon Camper Village in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Grand Canyon Camper Village ?