Fort Willcox RV Park

Willcox, Arizona

Recent Rate: $21 3/2015

• ATT, Verizon Cellular Phone Providers

Da Keeffes

Free WiFi, but it never worked. We purchased a pie that was tasty and took advantage of the free waffle one morning. You need to carry it back to the RV to eat, kind of awkward, but a nice gesture nonetheless. Okay for short stay. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

close to Chiricahua National Monument and the Cochise Stronghold.

18 yrs on the rd

Twenty six very nice level pull thru gravel sites. Free WiFi, Free Cable, Free waffle and coffee in the A.M., laundry available. Seven new back in sights were being added. The owner was very informative about local sights and things to see. The Rex Allen Museum among others. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

jbskone

Suggest you confirm your campsite rate before checking in. We had a mechanical problem on New Year's Day. Pulled into Campground because of Passport Rate. Did not pay attention to what we were charged when checking in because of our mechanical problem. Needed parts the next day for motorhome and owner informed us that she was going to charge us $1.50 per hour for each fractional hour of late check out time after 11:00 am. Instead of late check out fees I presented my Passport card and got a rebate for 1st night of $14.00 plus the 2nd night at Passport Rate of $18.00. Because of parts still needed went to office to pay for 3rd night and was informed that I had to pay full rate for that night because she did not give Passport Discount at all in January but she would give us a discount of 20% and charged us $28.00 including tax for the 3rd night.

My sense is she was taking advantage of us while we were waiting for parts and repairs. Campground was adequate, level and clean. Approximately 40% occupancy the nights we were there. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

cinharover

Lady in office friendly. I had no problem with my 32' pulling a toad in making the circle near the office and into my site. I had a FHU with 50 amp. No issues. They charge $.50 for 6 minutes in the shower, which is just amusing to me and not an issue. I understand water is scarce in Arizona. Restrooms, showers and laundry all clean and close by. Although the washer and dryer were only $1.50/load, I think I needed more time on the dryer for that $1.50. I bought a cherry pie for around $8. It was good, but I'm not sure I would buy another. WiFi good. I would stay here again, though, if in the area. It was convenient and quiet. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Travelin Chic

We stayed here 1 night. It is a PA camp. The lady (owner?) was not very pleasant. 50 amp IS available. Seems to be clean but old. Didn't use restrooms or laundry. Our big problem was the drive from the office to the sites is very tight and there are several trees that scratched the motor home and hooked the car. In addition, to straighten out after the tree incident, we had to drive through a mud hole. We got stuck and had to be towed out. Not a fun experience, but guess we can't blame the c/g for that....other than the condition of the exit from office to camp sites. We would not stay here again unless absolutely necessary. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

TedandJan

A nice overnight park. 30Amp Pull thrus and was able to stay hooked up. Good free WiFi. Waffles and coffee in the AM. Friendly staff. Rate is PPA. No Freeway or train noise as both some distance away. Park is a couple of miles West of town. The place to stop if you are just passing thru. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

rjohnso3a

We used this park as a base for visiting nearby Chiricahua National Monument. The gravel pull-thru sites are level. Although somewhat narrow the sites are adequate for big rigs with enough room for the small picnic table present at each site. We were surprised to find a small living room like clubhouse equipped with with free computer and videos. The two room clubhouse also included exercise equipment. We didn't check out the laundry or showers. The Verizon wireless signal was strong. We stayed for two nights and would stay again. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

GMCer

Clean, quite campground with friendly hosts. It is all gravel with very level long pull through sites. Did not use bathrooms or showers, but they where being repainted. Paid $19 for one night with Passport America. We got waffles and coffee. Train track about 1/2 mile away, but could not hear it inside. About 1 mile from I-10 and easy in and out. Would stay here again. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tampajohn

Price reflects Passport America. Kind a middle of the road park and good for one night only since we were passing through. Waffles were free and pretty tasty. Ladies Bathrooms did not work. Men's was open and only one shower and one toilet. Wife used the mens but was unable to take a shower since this was only one stall and did not want to take the occupancy since only one was open. It was right off the Interstate and quick access. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

walt66

The rate is PPA rate. Any place that serves free homemade waffles and coffee at breakfast gets at least an 8 in my book. The sites were good length, good 50 amp power, but did not hookup to water or sewer. AT&T worked good. This is one of our favorite parks when we are going from east to west or vice versa. Away from I-10 so limited noise. We would stay again. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

gsnakehill

This was a passport America campground for us so it cost a little over $19 for a night. It is on the outskirts of Willcox with gravel and stone sites. Not much for shade but it was a good stop for us since we had to do laundry. The campground has cable, dump station, fitness center, full hookups, horseshoes, pull-throughs, showers, and Wi-Fi. It is two miles away from the historic district of Willcox with the Chiricahua Museum, Rex Allen Museum and Friends of Marty Robbins Museum. One can drive to the Chiricahua National Monument, Cochise Stronghold and Fort Bowie Historic Site. We used it for an overnight but some of the other campers stayed for a couple of days to travel to visit these other sites. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Lively Chris

This is a basic overnight park. No shade, tight fit, gravel lot. Could not access wi-fi. The manager gave lots of info on tours of the town and history, and was friendly. Waffle was definitely a plus. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Metamorphosis Road

Very basic park. Gravel roads and sites. Very close together. Small laundry facilities. Passport America rate with 50amp service. Good 3G Verizon signal. Okay place to stay to access the excellent Chiricahua Nat'l Monument and Fort Bowie. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

KDSpree

Sites were level, was able to stay connected for the night. Water tap did not work, had been frozen and damaged. Wifi worked well. PA rate. Friendly check in, and the place did fill up my late afternoon. Easy entry/exit, quiet park. We would stay here again. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Judy H.

Small, overnight park. Stayed here with PA rate, 50 amp. There are not too many sites, and most of the pull-throughs filled up by mid-afternoon. This is a rural park with a few trailers and a few RVs. They serve a free breakfast (waffles) and coffee in the morning. A nice touch. Would recommend for an overnight stay. Nothing nearby, and this is on the west side of town. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Cochise Terrace RV Resort

Benson, Arizona

Grande Vista RV Park

Willcox, Arizona

Desert Willow RV Park

Van Horn, Texas

Top Tips for this Campground

• I would gas up my RV at one of the big places (Loves or Pilot) on I-10 east of there. I made the mistake of gassing up at the nearby Chevron and paid probably $.40/gallon more since I didn't see the advertised price was cash only.

cinharoverJanuary 2015
  • Safeway, several local eating places that also include McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Carl's Jr., Dairy Queen (ice cream only)

18 yrs on the rdFebruary 2015
  • close to Chiricahua National Monument and the Cochise Stronghold.

Da KeeffesMarch 2015

Are you affiliated with Fort Willcox RV Park?