Fort Willcox RV Park

Willcox, Arizona

1765 W Fort Willcox Loop
Willcox, Arizona 85643

Ask fellow campers about "Fort Willcox RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $24.00

This is our second time staying for a couple of days at this park. The sites we stayed in were pull-thrus and getting in and out is very easy. The sites are not very wide especially when you have slide-outs on your rig and the neighbor also has a slideout, but it was okay for a weekend. The sites are level and is composed of rock. The utilities worked fine although you may need to have to add an extension hose to the sewer since it is at the back of the site. They offer cable TV for a few bucks extra but have a limited number of stations. I was able to get all of the network stations on my OTA antenna which seemed to surprise the owners. The owners are extremely nice and even have a waffle breakfast on Sunday mornings. We were there for the wine festival and they offered shuttle service to the festival. I-10 is visible in the distance and you do get some ambient noise and the business route into town is right next to the park so you get quite a bit of noise from that. The trains do run fairly often, but they do not use their horns so that noise is not bad at all. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Willcox has a wine festival in May and October. We had a great time with the wine tasting, food, and live music. We also spent the next day going to the Chiricahua Monument which is about 40 miles away and worth the trip to see the rock formations and get up a few thousand feet where the temperature is much nicer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $21.00

Good place for overnight. Our site was next to the highway, so lots of morning traffic noise. Very dusty, but it is Az., so that is to be expected. Advertise free waffles every morning, but the person that does the cooking is recovering from hip surgery, so that has been temporarily cancelled. Mostly permanent, but still a good value. Utilities worked well, several ota tv channels, cable was $3 more. Easy access. Overall a good value with discount. Will stay again. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $24.00

Fine for an over night. Easy-off mile from I-10 traffic noise, but a highway in front of campground has some traffic - calms down by bedtime. Free coffee and waffles each morning. Take your own table service/mug. Small tables and chairs outdoors to eat (we brought ours back to RV). My only complaint was they told me $17 for P.A. and failed to note another $5 fee for electric, plus tax, so actually $24!! Think they should have noted that with the rate quote. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $24.00

This is a small park, and for the accommodations and amenities it is woefully overpriced. We had a regular full hookup site but it was small and cramped and way off level. So we transferred to a "premium" site for $3 more because it included cable, which we didn't use but was a nicer site. Even at the Passport price I thought it was over valued. Other than that, It's a reasonable overnight stop. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fort Willcox RV Park

RCH

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $23.00

I wish I could give this park an even higher rating. The park itself is fine, with all of the normal hookups, including WiFi. We were traveling in January due to a family emergency. It was 13 degrees when we got up, and we had a flat tire on the trailer. The manager (lady) brought a huge air compressor to my site and pumped up my tire, allowing me to get to town to get the tire fixed. It was up to 19 by now. What great service! I will stay here everytime I get the chance. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Chiricawa Monument is great. Don't miss it.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $23.00

I stayed here a few years ago, and would not have pulled in this year had I completely remembered that instance... but now (2018) this place has a new owner and things are different. Sites are roomy, the surface is now good clean gravel, level sites, there is now cable TV that works, and there is Wifi that is strong and dependable. The laundry has been improved and things just look better in general. Access is easy, off the Interstate, and the Willcox area is a good place for a base to go to Chiricahua if you don't want to camp out there. This is a Passport America park, which makes the already acceptable rate even better. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Near Chiricahua and old Ft Bowie.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $23.00

No frills park, stayed 1 night at Passport rate of 23.00, full hookups, wi-fi was very good, cable 15 channels. site was level. Did not use any of the facilities, some train and road noise, close to the interstate. Would stay again if in the area. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $24.00

Price reflects Passport America discount. Arrived in the earl afternoon with a reservation. No one was in the office but the note on the door said where we should park. Spacious gravel parking that is fairly level. Park manager came to our door to tell us we could go over to the office and pay. Charged us $5 extra for 50 amp service. Very, very poor water pressure. Wife went to checkout the bathroom to take a shower there but they charge .50 for 6 minutes. Fairly good WiFi and open sky to the south for our DTV satellite antenna. Some road and train noise. Due to the extra charges and poor water pressure we won't be returning. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Visit the Chiricahua National Monument for sure.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $23.00

When we arrived we were told the water pump was being repaired. Estimated time for repair 1-2 hours. The park looked very unkept. Although it had been partially mowed it hadn't been weeded around trees or fences and grass was about 2-3 feet tall. After over 3 hours with no update as promised by manager, when asked for an update we were told there would be no water until morning. We asked for a refund to relocate to a park with full hookups, manager refused. In responses from management or owners they said phone calls were made to guests. We didn't receive one and there were only 3 non permanent RV's in the park. We were offered a gallon of water and a $2 discount. The park is not listed as a mobile home / RV park but there are at least 5 mobile homes and at least two permanent trailers in the park. I didn't see the laundry room or bathrooms because there was no water to use them with. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $23.00

Spacious gravel full hookup sites, pull through sites; some are just 30 amp so if you need 50 amp make sure you request; easy access off I 10; staff very friendly; big rig friendly; WiFi, cable TV, open skies for satellite dish; $23.00 rate with Passport America. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $23.00

A one night stop over. Great cell and free WiFi. Will stop again if in area. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $22.00

New owners that are sprucing up the rv park some. Redoing the gazebo, some new gravel and pedestals. Very little road noise but on a Saturday morning the trains started about 4 AM and it seemed like one after the other until early AM. I didn't hear any trains Sunday AM. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

There is a Safeway near the middle Willcox exit. Several museums in the old downtown that weren't open on a Friday afternoon.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $20.00

We have stayed here several times, three this year alone. It is quiet and easy to find. Trains go by frequently, but are not noticeable as there is no crossing nearby. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Willcox is a small town, but well known as the home of Rex Allen and Marty Robbins. There are small museums for both in town. We enjoy the sand hill cranes in the winter as they roost here all winter before migrating north in Mar-Apr. Chiracahuas are south as is Geronimo's camp, etc. Safeway, several restaurants, etc. near. Cheapest propane in AZ is at the Chevron station near the RV park.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $22.00

We stayed 3 nights. Our site was big enough (pull through) for both the MH and the tow vehicle. Site was level, gravel and had a picnic table as well. Bathrooms (one male one female) were clean but I was a bit taken aback by the 50 cent shower fee. The owners were attentive and answered multiple questions about places to see and things to do. She checked on us every day to make sure all was working well. The Cable and Electric were fine with lots of cable stations to chose from. The waffles and coffee in the morning was a nice touch as well. If in the are would camp here again. I should say it looked much nicer than the other parks we passed in town momdoc. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $25.00

There are several RV parks in this town to choose from. This is one of the few that does not back-up to Interstate 10 so road traffic noise is at a minimum. I paid a base rate of $25 after a AAA discount plus extra's for cable & pull-thru brought my total incl. tax to $35. Site was level & there are small trees between most sites. We stayed for one night. We camped at Fort Willcox RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Fort Willcox RV Park

Are you affiliated with Fort Willcox RV Park ?