The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Williams, Arizona

1900 E Rodeo Rd
Williams, Arizona 86046

Ask fellow campers about "The Canyon Motel & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $48.00

This park is very well laid out and most sites are pull thru trash and recycling receptacles are convenient staff was friendly and it is near I 40 perfect overnight spot also a convenient spot to visit the Grand Canyon. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $48.00

Very clean campground, check in staff was nice, but that was it, lots of rules, had to unhook my sewer until the last day because the hose could not sit on the ground. Asked for a late check out,$5.00 each half an hour for 2 hours then pay for another night. Had a friend coming up to ride with us, asked if we could pay for them to park and ad them to our site and pay for them for the day. Were told there was no parking but could rent a full space for the day. Plenty of parking out front. Stopped at the office for a minute truck running wife in passenger seat. got screamed at to move my truck. Spots are level for rig to sit on but once you step out grab something because the pad drops quick. I had high hopes for this campground in the beginning was great but felt nickel and dimed and like I was back in boot camp after that. We will not return again! We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Spacious, Nearby

read the rules!!!

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $40.00

We like this campground when in the Williams area, one of the nicer ones available, however as stated before a level campsite is difficult to find. The ones in the very back row, lower west end and middle to rows towards the west side are pretty level. Upper ones are not level. The office staff were friendly and helpful and the young man that took us to our site was very nice and helpful. They have lots of rules, but not unrealistic. Most make sense like, speed in the park, noise hours, sewer regulations and the like. I thought they were very nice people, very helpful and respectful. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Don't eat at Miss Kitty's, it wasn't very good and very expensive. Service was good, food not real good. Lots to see in the area and it is close to the Grand Canyon and to Flagstaff. Bearazona is worth the the visit and take some of the drives suggested in the brochure, very interesting.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $45.00

Don't kid yourself by reading previous reviews. This place is a dump! I challenge you to find a level campsite. All sites are not just gravel but sharp stones that are not friendly to pet paws. My dog had an experience with a sharp stone while walking. I was advised to ues the forested area behind the last row of campers to walk the dog. That area has to be accessed by climbing a small block fence then the field is littered with burrs. Sorry, I think more of my pet than to take her there. You'd think they could at least mow the campsite areas of all the weeds that are everywhere. My encounter with the front desk lady was not pleasant. I requested to stay a little past the 11 am checkout time because my next site for the grand canyon train and rv resort would not be ready till 1 pm. I was told I would have to pay a late checkout fee even though the next occupant would not be able to check in till 1 pm. I said I would leave immediately if the next person showed up. She said fees would apply so I told her I'd rather park on the street for 2 hours than stay there. I've been on an 8000+ mile trip and stayed at many RV parks. This one is really close to being at the bottom of the list. If I were you, I'd drive to Flagstaff and stay at the Walmart parking lot before paying to stay at this dump!!! We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Featured Campgrounds Near The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

As the other reviews mention, this park has a lot of rules. However....the reason for the rules is clearly posted on the documentation (foreign visitors who are first-timers in a USA RV park). None of the rules seem unreasonable either. Park is dirt and gravel, which makes for a dusty stay. Many of the sites are sloped to the patio side, which makes sitting outside either uncomfortable or impossible. These sites need to be graded properly and posts/framing installed to make them truly level and terraced (as some already are...) The most level sites are the pull-throughs up front (Sites 0-5) and the sites on the west perimeter (6-14). The rest are hit and miss for being level. Not a deal-breaker in our view, but be aware. Staff are friendly and escort you to your site. I didn't care much for the actual parking guidance but that may be helpful to others. Location is easy access to/from I-40 and only minimal noise from trains at night. We will be back. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Downtown Williams is fun. Plenty of restaurants and cafes and there is an Old West style "shootout" nightly around 7pm on West Rte 66 between 3rd and 4th St.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

We stayed twice in May going to and returning from Santa Fe with our RV Club. I liked the park but as others pointed out the owner is OCD about signage. Someone should tell the owner that posting too many signs results in nobody reading them. The pull through sites on the slope need to be leveled. As a civil engineer, they could have a road grader simply moving roughly 2" to 3" of the existing gravel base would level the sites. Having said that, I'll return but book one of the perimeter sites that appeared to be more level than the pull through sites We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

34 and 25

We had an excellent meal at the Red Raven Restaurant in downtown Williams.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $45.00

Be sure to not show up before checkin time and make sure to pull all the way up to the stop sign. A campgrounds with strict rules. Not a PA campground as their printed paperwork shows. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $27.00

We stayed 2 nights so we could visit the Grand Canyon. Park was almost empty, excellent WiFi, which we don't experience often. Helpful staff, no road noise but it's cold outside so no windows open. We would visit again. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Wonderful office help, very nice laundry, well maintained and cared for. Sites not cramped, FHU, pull thrus easily accessed. Little or no road noise. Pretty view. Highly recommend. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Great access to cute town of Williams, also to the train and the spectacular Grand Canyon! Quiet and clean place!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $25.00

This is my 1st Rv Park review. We have camped in 45 of of the 48 continuous states. We stayed month of July 2017. The sites are not level but doable. There is no parking near the laundry. Laundry is on a hill, so due to my wife's medical problems, could not get to it. Restroom is in same building. The entire month we were there weeds were not trimmed, park should issue a machete to each site, weeds were high. However overall electric, water and WiFi were good. The RV park is in great location near Grand Canyon, forest and several lakes. So, July 2018 we decided to see if space available for the month. We parked behind the office in the motel area, there were no cars in any of the motel rooms, but there was plenty of room for cars to park in motel sites if any arrived. My wife and I were talking to check in lady, when lady doom arrived. I assume she was owner of the place since we were not introduced. This lady was the most obnoxious person I have met since my drill instructor in boot camp. "You have to move that RV right now very loud" and she said more than that. MY wife and I will never set foot on their property again. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $52.00

This park is not far off the freeway and was quiet enough for us. However, there are a lot of rules that are difficult to follow. There was not a good option for walking our dog. But our biggest problem was that our site was so unlevel that we struggled for a long time to get our trailer somewhat level. Our steps were so far up in the air that it was quite difficult to get in and out. And the park was full enough that getting another site was not practical. We were very frustrated. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

We were put in campsite #24, not the best in the park, not level at all. However there are some really NICE sites and would stay here again, just in a different site. Very nice park, no noise, close to town and Bearazona park, plus close to I-40 and the Grand Canyon. Lots to see and do around the area. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Williams close by and Grand Canyon is only 45 min away. The Pine (something) restaurant is very good. Get gas before you get into town, cheaper on the interstate! Flagstaff is also very close and easy to get to on I-40. It rained while we were there but the campground sites and road are gravel so it was not muddy or difficult to navigate. Nice campground!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $27.00

Staff friendly and helpful. Area clean. Gravel sites, level. Great WiFi. Interior roads gravel and one way. Some sites are uphill, but looked easily maneuvered. Entrance seemed a little tight, but sites were wide enough, and when exiting, there was a sign in the way of checking for traffic from the right. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Williams is on Historic Route 66 and there are numerous things to see. Close to other Route 66 towns and sites as well as the Grand Canyon.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $21.00

Pros-about 1hr from Grand Canyon. Friendly Office Staff. Cons-Ugly setting - not in pines (they only border park), but on open lot next to each other. Unfriendly escort that leads you to your site (older man on golf cart). Site had high weeds, backed to a block wall with a ugly metal chained gate leading to a housing community. 30 amp kept tripping without use of AC - had to pay additional to use 50 amp at same site. Sites are very close & you are placed in the back of the park if using PA. Your view consists of other RVs surrounding you and the housing community on the other side of the block wall. Park seems to be more concerned in enforcing an over abundance of rules and regulations rather than making their guests feel welcome. We definitely would not return to this park and PA should drop them from their list of participating parks. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RV10

Grand Canyon 1hr (a must see!!!). Town of Williams on Rt. 66 very close with some tourist shops & a few eateries. Highly recommend Grand Canyon Brewing Company (back end of town). It has a very nice & relaxing atmosphere with good music, beer & pizza (other food also available).

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $23.00

We stayed here for a month. The sites are roomy enough, although they are on a slant so we couldn't use the picnic table. You're not allowed to unhook your tow vehicle in front of the office. They don't tell you that until after you start unhooking. When we checked in, we were told that they would inform us if there was going to be a frost. They didn't. They also didn't inform us when they worked on the water pipes throughout the campground. With no warning at all, they shut off the water. We thought it was just our site until we noticed everyone outside checking their water hoses. Beyond the water issue, you can't drive your car to the laundry. There is a parking area at the bottom of a hill in back of the laundry, but you'd have to haul your clothes up that hill. Fortunately our site was close to the laundry so it wasn't difficult for us, but I'd hate to be farther away and have to carry the laundry basket all the way over there. There are 4 washers ($2) and 4 dryers ($2.50). The bath/shower rooms are in the same building as the laundry. Bath/showers are large and clean. Laundry is clean but not very big. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Bearizona (the new restaurant is great) and the Historic Barrel & Bottle House in town.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Are you affiliated with The Canyon Motel & RV Park ?