The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Williams, Arizona

1900 E Rodeo Rd
Williams, Arizona 86046

Ask fellow campers about "The Canyon Motel & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $45.00

As the other reviews mention, this park has a lot of rules. However....the reason for the rules is clearly posted on the documentation (foreign visitors who are first-timers in a USA RV park). None of the rules seem unreasonable either. Park is dirt and gravel, which makes for a dusty stay. Many of the sites are sloped to the patio side, which makes sitting outside either uncomfortable or impossible. These sites need to be graded properly and posts/framing installed to make them truly level and terraced (as some already are...) The most level sites are the pull-throughs up front (Sites 0-5) and the sites on the west perimeter (6-14). The rest are hit and miss for being level. Not a deal-breaker in our view, but be aware. Staff are friendly and escort you to your site. I didn't care much for the actual parking guidance but that may be helpful to others. Location is easy access to/from I-40 and only minimal noise from trains at night. We will be back. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Downtown Williams is fun. Plenty of restaurants and cafes and there is an Old West style "shootout" nightly around 7pm on West Rte 66 between 3rd and 4th St.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

We stayed twice in May going to and returning from Santa Fe with our RV Club. I liked the park but as others pointed out the owner is OCD about signage. Someone should tell the owner that posting too many signs results in nobody reading them. The pull through sites on the slope need to be leveled. As a civil engineer, they could have a road grader simply moving roughly 2" to 3" of the existing gravel base would level the sites. Having said that, I'll return but book one of the perimeter sites that appeared to be more level than the pull through sites We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

34 and 25

We had an excellent meal at the Red Raven Restaurant in downtown Williams.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $45.00

Be sure to not show up before checkin time and make sure to pull all the way up to the stop sign. A campgrounds with strict rules. Not a PA campground as their printed paperwork shows. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $27.00

We stayed 2 nights so we could visit the Grand Canyon. Park was almost empty, excellent WiFi, which we don't experience often. Helpful staff, no road noise but it's cold outside so no windows open. We would visit again. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $35.00

Wonderful office help, very nice laundry, well maintained and cared for. Sites not cramped, FHU, pull thrus easily accessed. Little or no road noise. Pretty view. Highly recommend. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Great access to cute town of Williams, also to the train and the spectacular Grand Canyon! Quiet and clean place!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

We were put in campsite #24, not the best in the park, not level at all. However there are some really NICE sites and would stay here again, just in a different site. Very nice park, no noise, close to town and Bearazona park, plus close to I-40 and the Grand Canyon. Lots to see and do around the area. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Williams close by and Grand Canyon is only 45 min away. The Pine (something) restaurant is very good. Get gas before you get into town, cheaper on the interstate! Flagstaff is also very close and easy to get to on I-40. It rained while we were there but the campground sites and road are gravel so it was not muddy or difficult to navigate. Nice campground!

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $27.00

Staff friendly and helpful. Area clean. Gravel sites, level. Great WiFi. Interior roads gravel and one way. Some sites are uphill, but looked easily maneuvered. Entrance seemed a little tight, but sites were wide enough, and when exiting, there was a sign in the way of checking for traffic from the right. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Williams is on Historic Route 66 and there are numerous things to see. Close to other Route 66 towns and sites as well as the Grand Canyon.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $21.00

Pros-about 1hr from Grand Canyon. Friendly Office Staff. Cons-Ugly setting - not in pines (they only border park), but on open lot next to each other. Unfriendly escort that leads you to your site (older man on golf cart). Site had high weeds, backed to a block wall with a ugly metal chained gate leading to a housing community. 30 amp kept tripping without use of AC - had to pay additional to use 50 amp at same site. Sites are very close & you are placed in the back of the park if using PA. Your view consists of other RVs surrounding you and the housing community on the other side of the block wall. Park seems to be more concerned in enforcing an over abundance of rules and regulations rather than making their guests feel welcome. We definitely would not return to this park and PA should drop them from their list of participating parks. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RV10

Grand Canyon 1hr (a must see!!!). Town of Williams on Rt. 66 very close with some tourist shops & a few eateries. Highly recommend Grand Canyon Brewing Company (back end of town). It has a very nice & relaxing atmosphere with good music, beer & pizza (other food also available).

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $23.00

We stayed here for a month. The sites are roomy enough, although they are on a slant so we couldn't use the picnic table. You're not allowed to unhook your tow vehicle in front of the office. They don't tell you that until after you start unhooking. When we checked in, we were told that they would inform us if there was going to be a frost. They didn't. They also didn't inform us when they worked on the water pipes throughout the campground. With no warning at all, they shut off the water. We thought it was just our site until we noticed everyone outside checking their water hoses. Beyond the water issue, you can't drive your car to the laundry. There is a parking area at the bottom of a hill in back of the laundry, but you'd have to haul your clothes up that hill. Fortunately our site was close to the laundry so it wasn't difficult for us, but I'd hate to be farther away and have to carry the laundry basket all the way over there. There are 4 washers ($2) and 4 dryers ($2.50). The bath/shower rooms are in the same building as the laundry. Bath/showers are large and clean. Laundry is clean but not very big. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Bearizona (the new restaurant is great) and the Historic Barrel & Bottle House in town.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $23.00

We arrived at the Canyon Motel and Rv park on 5/16/17 with reservations for 2 nights. When I pulled up to the stop sign in front of the registration office I stopped approx. 5 feet from the sign. One of the employees immediately came up in a golf cart and told me to pull up before I could even get out of the truck. I pulled up about 2 feet and got out He was satisfied and I thought it was a petty request. The check in was ok but I was asked to scan my drivers license. I have never been to a campground where they wanted to scan my license. We had multiple issues during our stay. I was yelled at to move my truck when I went back to report a water leak on the parks facet. There were "NO ZONE" signs everywhere. The signs were no parking, no pets, etc. The park rules stated it was pet friendly with a dog walk but they did not want the pets doing their business in the park. We were instructed they had to be taken to the the National Forest which was about 100 yds from our camp and they still wanted you to clean up after your pets even though it was not the campgrounds property. We always clean up after out pets anyway. We had issues with the water as stated and the maintenance people don't seem to know what they are doing. I had to show the maintenance person what was wrong and fixed one problem myself after he had left it unrepaired. They seem to be focused more on what they don't want you to do than anything else. Do yourself a favor and find somewhere that is more friendly and accomidating to camp. I would not recommend this campground and definately will not stay here again. I would stay in a Walmart parking lot before staying here. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $43.00

Unfortunately, the noise at night really made our experience at this park unpleasant. We sleep with windows open and the constant noise from the freeway (it's a major thoroughfare for cross country semi traffic) was among the worst we've experienced in years of RV'ing. Train traffic just added to the poor sleep. The park description about being surrounded by Ponderosa pines is misleading. We did pay for the 'premium' spot which had some trees beside it, however there are only a very few of these spots available. The majority of spaces are simple spaces on open gravel with no shade. This is not reflected in the website pics. The staff, however, are delightful and friendly, the restrooms very clean, and the wifi surprisingly strong (always nice to be able to look at emails without getting frustrated at poor connections). If freeway noise doesn't bother one, then this is good value. A suggestion - reserve ahead! We dropped in last minute, were lucky, and got one of the very few remaining sites. The Grand Canyon's a major tourist draw and spaces for RV's limited. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $44.00

The staff is extremely friendly and courteous. We registered but then had to wait to be escorted to our site. We finally had to go to the office and remind them we were waiting. Got to the "Deluxe" site which is on a fairly steep hill. We backed in and could not get level, pulled out and backed in again at a little different angle but still were not level. We do a lot of boondocking (dry camping) in very unlevel areas and have not had a single time we were unable to get level until now. The water pressure was very low also. The park is close in to town, quiet with no road noise from I-40 although there was slight train noise it wasn't bothersome. Most campers here are staying to go to the Grand Canyon 50 miles north. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $26.00

We were welcomed warmly when we arrived and our reservation was as advertised. As Passport America members, we enjoyed a 50% discount on our 50 amp, full hookup site. The office was nicely laid out, with lots of souvenirs, maps and local information. The staff was super friendly and the escort to our site was prompt and smiling. Our gravel & grass site was clear of trash and wide enough to park our tow car beside our motor home. There were several trash & recycling stations located very nearby; each was self contained and clean. Other than an occasional trail, the park is very quite. The Historic District of Williams was only a few minutes away. This is a small town with lots of shops, restaurants, grocery store and events in the streets. It's also the location of the train station for the Grand Canyon Railroad line. We drove a few miles up Historic Route 66 to a hiking trail that led to Keyhole Sink, a local favorite with Native American petroglyphs visible after a very easy 1 mile hike thru a Ponderosa Pine forest. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Grand Canyon Train to the South Rim Hike to Keyhole Sink Petroglyph site in the Kaibab National Forest Bearazona Drive Thru Wildlife Park Grand Canyon Deer Farm

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $32.00

The sites are fairly level and long enough for my 36' mh with toad....all services worked great including the wifi.....restrooms and laundry are very clean, but they need more showers for a park this size, they are private individual showers and there are only two for the whole park.....as others have said there are alot of rules but I felt they only enforced the ones that made money for them.....but never the less it makes for a nice park....the staff was very helpful and seemed friendly...the park is big rig friendly and very convenient to I40 about one mile...we would stay here again if in the area..... We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Motorhome.

About 60 miles to the South rim of Grand Canyon.....nice town of Williams....

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $46.00

Nice but they should tell you in advance that you have to turn off Water at night would not have stayed. We camped at The Canyon Motel & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

First row

Williams is close to the Grand Canyon take the train. Good restaurants

Featured Campgrounds Near The Canyon Motel & RV Park

Are you affiliated with The Canyon Motel & RV Park ?