Williams, Arizona

Williams, Arizona

877 E Rodeo Rd
Williams, Arizona 86046

Recent Rate: $30 5/2017

• ATT, Verizon, Other Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Other
  • Recreation Room Recreation Room no
  • Spa Spa yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit yes
  • Volley Ball Volley Ball yes
  • Sports Field Sports Field yes
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

We were here as part of a group. What a great campground! The owners, as well as the rest of the staff, go above and beyond to make campers feel welcome. They provide breakfast each morning including waffles, hard-boiled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, juice and coffee. The park is gravel, sites are long enough for rig and toad, enough space between rigs so as not to feel cramped. Grounds include a spa area with 2 hot tubs and a sauna, a campfire pit with seating, play area for the kiddies, bbq facilities, and a tent with heaters and tables which we used for potlucks and happy hours. Reservations for the Grand Canyon Railway can be made right there. They provide a shuttle to/from the campground to the depot, as well as into town if you don't have a tow car. The campground is quiet, except for the twice-a-day GC train, 9:30 am and 5:30 pm; no road noise from I-40. This is definitely the place to stay when visiting Williams. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $44.00

We really enjoyed staying at this park and the nearby community. They are on the edge of town and easy to get to from the interstate yet very little noise. There were a lot of Big Rigs like us so we felt right at home. The husband and wife owners of the park was super friendly and have owned the park for 24 years. Williams AZ is a hopping little town at night. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

It was a little further from the Grand Canyon than we would have liked but they have a train that will take you if you don't want to drive. There were lots of Bar and Grills with plenty of food variety and several retail shops that were unique like Copper Canyon Trading.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

This wasn't my first choice, but we had trouble finding a place over the Memorial Day weekend, so we stayed here a week due to lack of places on our preferred route. Rate reflects the weekly rate. As we drove in, I thought I'd made a big mistake. Rodeo grounds next door. A huge gravel parking lot with some trees in between rigs not that far apart. Freeway not a quarter mile away. Train tracks almost within spitting distance. I said to myself, I can get thru this noise, I can...Well, was I surprised! First thing, we made reservations on the Grand Canyon Railroad, which is practically worshipped around here. The office took care of that quite nicely. Then, I found out that they offer a free continental breakfast every day--coffee, juice, waffles, cereal, hard-boiled eggs--just like a nice hotel. Then, I found out that they have a free shuttle, not only to the railway station, but anywhere in town you'd like to go if you don't feel like driving or finding a parking place. Then, I found out that they offer a free BBQ over Memorial Day weekend (and two other holidays in the summer). With live music! I truly have never been so impressed with a campground anywhere, and I've been full-timing for several years. Staff, without exception, were friendly and bend-over-backwards helpful. They all seemed to be having as much fun as the campers were. Lots to see and do around here, as well, all within about 30-40 minutes driving distance. And the biggest surprise of all? It really wasn't noisy. Faint sounds of trains other than the GCRR during the nite. Couldn't hear the freeway. Even the rodeo wasn't loud. The GCRR coming thru was a celebratory sound for those of us who love RRs. Most days that happens about 9:15 and 5:30, and that is it. Maybe it helps to have low expectations to begin with, but I just can't say enuf good about this place! We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Grand Canyon, Walnut Canyon, Lowell Observatory, Route 66, Waputi Canyon, and much more. Lots of good eateries in Williams also. Office has brochures galore.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $44.00

Campground about a mile outside of town next to the rodeo grounds. Quiet with friendly personnel. Pull-through site that was pretty level. We did not use the hot tub or partake in the free breakfast. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $29.00

As other reviews mentioned, the sites and roads are rock, which wasn't a problem for us since the park is well cared for. The park is far enough away from the train tracks so you don't hear the frequent freight trains roll through town. The exception is the tourist train that runs to the Grand Canyon daily and goes past the park. However, that is only in the mid-morning and late afternoon. Again, not a problem for us. The sites aren't the largest and most are pull through that will handle any size RV. They are consistent sizes with other parks. The office makes a point of leaving a space empty between campers when the park isn't busy. There is a free morning breakfast of waffles, hard boiled eggs, juice, coffee and cold cereal. What sets this park apart is how friendly and helpful the owners are. They even have a shuttle bus that will take you to town and pick you up. We were here in a pickup camper, so that was a big plus for us. The internet is slow during peak times, but that certainly wouldn't stop us from coming back. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Truck Camper.

Quite a bit longer than my truck camper and travel trailer (plenty of space)

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $39.00

Price too high for this type of park $3:0 would be more in line with what is available here. All gravel park, easy to get around in and sites are pretty level. Was barely enough space to park tow vehicle and trailer in site. Did not pace off site, but was much shorter than the 65 feet I was told. Had hot tub but did not use. Hookups were in middle of site. Park was quiet except for the Grand Canyon trains at 9:30 AM and 5:30 PM. and they messed around with the trains until about 8PM. Trains go right by the park so you can see them well. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $33.00

It's a great in town park. Williams is within walking distance. Location is the important part of this site. It's not what I consider a campground, more than a parking location to do things. Plenty of room for big rigs, even backing in.

Negative --my dogs didn't like the volcanic rock used fort mulch around the rv site. It hurt their paws. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Went to Sedona, az. Went 89a south. NOT FOR RVS --ROAD TOO TWISTING AND NARROW. FIRST STOP THE ART SCHOOL. Great artist and no sales tax. ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DRIVES IN THE COUNTRY. GO EARLY IN THE DAY.

WILLIAMS WAS A FUN TOWN. Friendly people. WENT TO THE ART COOP. HAD OPEN HOUSE WITH FREE WINE AND SNACKS.

BEST GAS PRICE WAS THE LOVES.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Agree with the previous person who asked why this place gets so rated so high. We stayed for two nights and the place is ok but not 4 or 5 star by any stretch of the imagination. It is all gravel, the spaces are very close together and roads are very narrow.

They also do not monitor how many people they have in each space to wit, the space next to us had 6 adults for a single trailer. Because they could not fit in the single trailer, they set up tents around the trailer. Since they had nowhere to go at night, they sat around talking loudly and laughing until midnight. Since the spaces were so close, this put them right outside our bedroom window. Yes, when I spoke to the owner/desk person/manager in the morning about the noise at midnight, she said she would speak to them but the damage was done by then. She also told me that she lived on site 24/7 but I never saw anyone driving around at curfew checking for noisy rowdy groups like other parks.

Speaking of the owner/manager/desk lady, do not even think about approaching her in the morning to ask about anything. When I tried to explain to her that we were simply trying to pay for the next night and trying to find out the office hours, she pointed to the wall inside the office and said it says "8 to 5." When I pointed out to her that the hours are not posted outside, she became more irritated and finally said, "Fine, I am trying to start my day here but I will stop everything just for you."

I could go on but space is limited. Stay Elsewhere! She does not deserve any more business from us or our travel group. Go to the nicer and friendlier RV park next to the GC rail depot downtown! If you must go, bring bug spray and don't count on room for the dogs to run unless you like dealing with fox tails. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Stay elsewhere instead of dealing with this owner!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

This park is close to a lot of attractions. The owners and staff are very nice and friendly. They want you to have a nice stay. Free breakfast every morning if you want. Laundry prices cheap. Gravel sites, could be a little wider but that seems to be the norm. We stayed a month and paid $648.37. Had some problems with cable but that was fixed. Internet slow. Would stay here again. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Flagstaff 30 minutes away. Close to a lot of attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

This is a GREAT campground. The owners & staff are friendly and very helpful. We arrived a day before our reservation (got our dates confused), and we were welcomed and accommodated even though the CG was almost full. The owner rearranged some sites for us so that we wouldn't have to go to another CG for just one day. We stayed for nights.

You can get RR tickets to the Grand Canyon there and a shuttle bus will take you to the station and pick you up.

Homemade waffles, coffee, and cereal are complimentary every morning and the waffles are delicious! The laundry is spotless and even though we did not use the showers, we used the rest rooms with the showers at breakfast. They were spotless clean. The owners live on the property and are constantly working around the CG. We would love to go back! We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Take the train to the Grand Canyon, and don't miss the town of Williams.

Take a day trip to Sedona and don't miss Beararizona.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

This a very nice park. Some spots have tress on both sides of the RV. No concrete pad so you park on gravel & if you don't have a rug you sit on gravel. Streets are also gravel. WiFi was ok, very spotty. Cable is digital only so if your TVs are not digital you will not get a signal. Park has very clean showers & bathrooms. Has a small laundry room but it was also very clean. Grand Canyon Trains run right next to the park was really cool to see the old steam train. There is a continental breakfast served every morning in the office area, waffles, juice, coffee, hard boiled eggs, cold cereal. Over all is a very nice park & you cannot beat the weather. Williams is a cute tourist town with the Grand Canyon only 60 miles away.. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Must see Beararizona. Its a fun drive through zoo.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $35.00

This is a good park that could be a great park with a little T.L.C. Good layout, easy access to town, I-40, and the Grand Canyon. Friendly, helpful, staff. Too many weeds-- fox-tails and stickers, which can be a problem if you have dogs. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $35.00

It was just a one night stay but it worked out fine for us. Plenty of area around the park for walking the dog & letting him run! Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast as well. We would stay here again! We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $47.00

The park is gravel and there is lots of room. The owners seem to put folk in every other space when possible. Owners are VERY helpful and nice. Breakfast is also complimentary and let me tell you she makes the BEST waffles! We will be back! We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Let them get your train tickets, they are able to get discounts that you might not be able to!

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $42.00

Do not understand how this park gets such high scores from RVParkReviews.

Normally we trust RVParkReviews over Good Sam but in this case Good Sam got it right. Nice check-in building but from there it goes down hill, all rock with dead grass between sites. The roads are narrow and the exit has a large bump that some coaches may bottom out going that way; we went out the entry. The electricity was spotty with spikes. In our site we had trouble getting satellite coverage. Next time we will choose a different park in the area. The staff was extremely friendly, just wish they put the same work into the rest of the park. We camped at Railside RV Ranch in a Motorhome.

Always a treat to see the Grand Canyon. The park did provide a breakfast, which is nice. Had a good dinner at Red Raven in downtown Williams.

Are you affiliated with Railside RV Ranch?