Yuma, Arizona

Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park)

5510 E 32nd St
Yuma, Arizona 85365

Recent Rate: $47 2/2017

Latitude: 32.67019744743
  • Phone Phone yes
  • Central Modem Central Modem yes
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $47.00

I am adding this review in order to give other travelers a heads up on the price. We have stayed at Arizona Sands several times as we were traveling to CA and have a friend here in Yuma. So when we were coming by again, I called and made a reservation for our usual two nights. The lady told me that they were no longer Arizona Sands and had been bought out and were now Blue Sky RV Ranch. That should have been my warning right there to be more attentive but familiarity with Arizona Sands and their pricing lulled me into the trap. I gave her my credit card and assumed all would go well. When we arrived at the park, the lady told me my balance was $46.84 and that my card had already been charged $46.84 (and that was with a Good Sam's discount as no Passport America discount permitted right now). I was shocked to hear this and when I questioned her, she said it had been bought out and was now Blue Sky. We paid for the two nights at $46.84 per night but we will never stay here again (which we told her and asked that she pass this on to the new owners so they would understand when their pass-through business dropped)...this is highway robbery for this area. So, pass-through travelers who need only a night or two, warning given...look further!!!!! We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $35.00

This is the former Arizona Sands RV Park. I had contacted Blue Sky RV Park (Sister park) they were full, but recommended that I call here. Didn't realize that this is a 55+ park until I saw the sign when I arrived. It was no problem for us to stay here even though we are a few years from 55! Must be lots of new amenities since new ownership has taken over(Arizona Sands reviews were not that great). I felt that it needed to be updated with the new name! My wife and I stayed for a few days on our way thru. Extremely professional personnel from our first phone call, dealing with the camp host after a late night arrival and getting settled in! Pedestal along the rear of the site next to the water spigot. The sewer connection is about at the midpoint along the site. A tight fit between the sewer connection riser and the patio made this a little challenging to get backed in, but the host was there to help through the whole process. There was ample space to park my TV along with our car. Plenty of bars on my Verizon phone, good data speed on my Verizon Mi-Fi, I had marginal service on the park wi-fi (nothing new there)! Looks to be a fairly new fenced in Dog Park with green grass and a wash station (Very nice)! The pool and Spa were very clean and the temperature was great. I never did look in the bathrooms to see what they were like. Laundry area, very neat and clean, washers were $1.50 dryers were $1.00 (bring quarters). If there is any negative about this park it would be the occasional noise from aircraft and the nearby HWY (32nd St). What do you expect for being next to a Marine Air Base! I would definitely stay here again if in the area, the staff alone was second to none! We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Be sure to check out the Territorial Prison and for Mexican food be sure to dine at El Charro Cafe on 8th St.

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $25.00

This is an adult-only CG. $25 daily price reflects monthly rate "special offer". Yuma has dozens of RV parks/resorts ranging from upscale resorts to veritable dumps. This CG is clean, well maintained with neater, permanent clientele than others we observed. There are lots of snowbirds but still plenty of available sites. Access by I-8, exit 7 to Business 8 (32nd street) west, a 4 lane road in excellent condition. Staff is friendly and helpful. Credit cards accepted. No tent camping/yurts or cabins. CG roads are packed gravel, wide with gentle turns in good condition. No overhead obstacles. FHU-20/30/50. Most sites are all angled, back-in, token landscaping, all gravel, level with pedestal at rear of each site. Sewer connection is 3", unthreaded and just above ground level. Tight space between sites; room for your toad or tow vehicle but up against your neighbor's rig. Concrete patio but no picnic tables. Excellent satellite views. Fires not permitted. Adequate water pressure with a "salty" taste. No office store. New restrooms/showers are small, clean (grade B, long walk from RV sites). No propane sales but local delivery is available or U-Haul in downtown Yuma ($3.09+tax this date). Laundry. No playground. No cable TV. Free Wi-Fi but unreliable and very limited bandwidth. Verizon coverage at "4-bars"; Jetpack 4G coverage at "5-bars". New pool and spa. Putting green, curling, pickle ball court. Rec room has TV/DVR and a hodge-podge of aged exercise equipment. No sauna or game room. Notable road and railroad noise. Limited recycle bins. Bug Report: no insect issues in January. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Yuma is a retirement and snowbird community; USMC air station, International airport, many restaurants, auto dealerships, 2 Walmarts, Albertson's grocery, diesel between $2.329 (debit only) and $2.599, 2 movie theaters, no Camping World but other RV dealerships and parts stores. VA outpatient clinic. Churches. Big 5 Sporting Goods, Sears, O'Reilly's auto parts, Autozone, fast food restaurants.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $17.00

PA rate of $16.50 plus tax = $18 for one night. Great rate at a decent place for us to stop while traveling through Yuma. We had a pull thru and it was just big enough for our 37' MH, Jeep and bike rack to fit without unhooking anything. Grassy dog park was a nice surprise. There is also a dog walk behind the park that we didn't use. Nice people in the office. Would stay here again if passing through. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $25.00

Price includes an additional $5.00 charge for electricity. I've never encountered that before on an overnight stay.

My biggest issue is wi-fi. If it's advertised, it should be available and fast. I can't attest to the speed because I couldn't even get connected. If I had, it would have cost another $4.00 a day.

Lots of full timers, not a lot of rooms between spaces, gravel, small concrete patios. I can't imagine spending more than one night here. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $33.00

We actually stayed at this RV park in January, but that month was not available on the selection list. The park was dog friendly and good. It is not within walking distance of much of anything, but is a short drive from a lot of grocery stores, restaurants, movie theaters, and more. The Mexico border is a bit further. Los Algadones Mexico and all of the inexpensive dentists is just a bit further drive.
The grey/black water drain hose on my RV works at all other parks, but wad too large to fit the dump pipe at our site. We had to pull over to another parking site to dump before we left. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Two large grocery stores in Yuma have quite a bit of organic food. Go west on 32nd street (in front of the park). After a ways this street will curve toward the north. One store will be on the right while the other will be some distance on the left (just past a stop light). Ask the manager.

lmg

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $33.00

Paved roads and gravel sites with 10 trees scattered throughout the park. There are many snow birds who stay the season but we were able to get a site for two weeks in early March. Sites are at an angle making it easy to back in. Good space between sites. There is a clubhouse but no other amenities which seems typical in many Yuma parks. The staff is not well trained and checking in took about 25 minutes. Maybe this was a fluke. Everything is clean and well maintained. No cable but wifi was good. Will stay here again. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $18.00

We stopped here for an overnight on the way home. This park is on the old route 80 and it is very busy. All night. Big trucks. The sites are hard to back into. The patios are thin concrete and so you have to be careful to avoid driving over them. And the sewer is in the middle of the back of the space. Unless you have a short rig you will need to be on one side of it. This makes for tight back up tolerances.

But if you do not care about the noise this is a good value at 18 bucks. We do care about the noise and will find some place quieter next time we stay in Yuma. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Go to Famous Daves for BBQ. Yum.

Date of Stay: April, 2014 - $33.00

Park is okay for an overnight stop. Level sites, good washrooms, no cable, and WiFi is extra. When we checked in under Passport America we found WiFi would cost extra and there was an extra cost for electricity (hence our daily rate of $33). In our opinion both should have been provided for in the paid rate since they are advertised as "included". Bottom line this is an "a-la-carte" park in my opinion. We would likely boondock on nearby BLM Land if in the area again. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $33.00

Overall clean park with good hookups. Lots of park models and permanent RV's in park. Good one day stopover while passing through. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $33.00

The campground is primarily long stay sites. There are several short-term sites that are often available. Quiet area, nice people, greeting was very good, and facilities were excellent. The sites for overnight stays are well lit to the point of almost being too much light. The park has ongoing evening events and special activities. I paid the Good Sam rate. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2013 - $22.00

We stayed a week in this park. Staff was friendly and helpful at check-in. Roads are wide and on gravel. Sites are level, all on gravel, long and wide enough for all kind of RV's. RV site, patio, vehicle parking side-by-side. Hookups are standard and working. Internet is available by 3rd company, didn't try it, used my own solution. Cable TV is available at certain sites, didn't try it, used my satellite. Almost no trees, all open spaces, bushes around RV Park. Nice and clean restrooms. 32nd Road at front of property, canal at the back and little bit further back the rail tracks. Airport is not far and every once in a while you have a plane or a helicopter flying by. Noise hasn't been a big issue but there is almost all the time some noise present. Like everywhere else you get reasonable weekly deals with Good Sam and Passport America. We would return if again in the area and can recommend this park if you can live without green grass and a little bit of noise. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $18.00

Rate was Passport America. We just stopped for the night. Office staff very friendly. She put us in Space 2 and directed us to park at an angle into Space 1 so we would not have to disconnect. We were very appreciative of that. Went for a walk along the canal in back of the park. Nice place to stretch the legs. Did not use the bathrooms but did check them out. Looked very clean. Nice large laundry as well. A little dusty since the park is all gravel. Lots of TV over the air. Many Spanish speaking. Of course, you can practically throw a rock into Mexico. We would stop hear again. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2013 - $34.00

This park is just a big gravel parking lot with RV sites. There isn't really a dog area; you have access to the canal dike that is behind the park, but lots of people and dogs are on it at all times. The restrooms and showers were spotless and appeared to be new. We wanted to stay in the area for a few weeks and found another park with pool and hot tubs and lots of activities and plenty of dog runs that was less money. If you are looking for a park that doesn't have any frills this park would suit your needs. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $34.00

Pleasant, clean, all sand and gravel park. We stopped a few days to sight see. One train not far away, but no whistles. No cable TV, and has WiFi available for purchase. We camped at Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park) in a Motorhome.

Fortuna De Oro RV Park (55+)

Riverfront RV Park

The Palms RV Resort

Adobe Village RV Park

Yuma, Arizona

Are you affiliated with Blue Sky Ranch RV Park (formerly Arizona Sands RV Park) (55+ Park)?