Westwind RV and Golf Resort

• Spa Spa yes
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $33.00

It is hard to write a review for our one night stay at Westwind. We have stayed there once before, and our stay was good. This stay was a nightmare! For this stay, I made a reservation ahead of time. I called the day before we were to arrive to let them know that due to the heatwave we would be arriving after 7:30pm since we would be driving through the desert with our small dogs. I was recovering from surgery, and we had very little fresh water in our small RV since we were expecting full hook ups. We arrived at 8:30pm. As instructed ahead of time, since the office was closed, I used the external phone to call the person in charge for the night to be escorted to our site. The man who answered the phone was incredibly rude and refused to escort us to our site since it was after dark. I pleaded with him to escort us, and he yelled at me and said we were supposed to arrive at 7:30pm. I told him I knew where our site was, and we could park ourselves. He again yelled at me and told me we couldn't do that. When I asked what we were supposed to do, he told me we could stay in the parking lot. Our night was miserable with little to no water, record breaking heat, and our generator running all night to keep us cool. Needless to say, we got very little sleep. It was the worst night we have ever had in our RV. This was on a Friday. On Monday, I called and spoke with the manager. She was very nice and extremely apologetic about what happened. She said that it should never have happened, and she was very upset. She mailed us a full refund a few weeks later. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $50.00

I gave this "RV Park" a low rating because it's really not an RV park. It's a retirement community filled with park model trailers. I don't think there were any other RVers (people traveling) in the park other than us. There were some RVs, but they were there for the long haul. So, as an RVer, you really stand out and you're wedged between full-timers. Nothing is geared towards the person travelling (for example: 1 load of laundry was $15, wifi is extra, no welcoming, etc.) Avoid this place if you're a traveler. It's too expensive for what you get. People stare at you because you're different (i.e. a traveling RVer). I won't go back. Couldn't get out soon enough. YUK. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $28.00

I visited Westwind as part of their promotion in QZ. The service started as I pulled into registration. The other guests in the park were welcoming and friendly. I could go on about my visit there , it was that nice. I've full timed for 4 years across the country and Westwind is in the Top 3 of all the parks. Thank you staff and guests. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Gardina

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $35.00

I would like to say that although this park was very nice it is only for people without dogs. My visit was ruined by having to put my dog in my car and drive him to a remote dirty and dangerous location to go to the bathroom. At night, these areas were no lit and had trash and scorpions. It is ludicrous that such a lovely resort for people would treat our pets with so little care or concern. As my dog is older is was very unpleasant to try to get up early and ask him to wait while we drove the perimeter of this large park to get to the "pet walk". The front office initially advised me that I should only walk my dog down the CENTER OF THE ASPHALT ROADS on the way to the "pet walk". This is Arizona and the temperature has been close to 92 degrees during my stay. I would say that if the park owner and front office think that it is okay to walk on the asphalt without shoes in this weather that they should try it. This is the only time that I have felt that I must write a review albeit negative. The front office staff offered no solution and just smiled and nodded as I explained the issue. My guess is that they have heard this many times before. Look elsewhere if you have a dog. This is not the place for you. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $27.00

We received 2 free nights and 1/2 price for 5 more nights at the Quartzite show so we decided to try it out. This is a very nice park. The roads are all paved, the sites are gravel with a nice concrete patios. There are many park models, but lots of spaces for shorter stays. The people who checked us in were very efficient and friendly and we were escorted to our site and guided in. The pool area is very nice and clean and has bar service. The restaurant is great and a very nice feature. The golf course is a little rough because of the drought, but still a lot of fun. We would definitely stay here again when in the Yuma area. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Algodonis Mexico is very close and a great place to buy glasses, get dental work done or buy prescriptions - or just shop and eat! The territorial prison is an interesting place to visit and there is a nice big shopping area.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $50.00

All amenities including restaurant; golf course; big hot tub; heated pool; FHU; free cable; free wi-fi for first night stay; asphalt interior roads; back-ins and pull-thrus on gravel with cement patios. Passport America rate $25.00/night plus tax. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

This was a nice surprise at the end of our long trip. I had read the other reviews and was concerned about staying here with our three little dachshunds. However, the lady who escorted us to our site was the nicest we have encountered in our years of camping. She assured us that we could take our dogs anywhere in the park that we wanted. Our overnight stay at this park was very pleasant. The park was pretty empty due to the time of the year I think. We enjoyed the solitude and appreciated the nice concrete slab at our site and the lovely tree right next to it. The park is well-maintained and great for long and short stays! We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

There is lots to do at this resort and close by shopping and restaurants in Yuma.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $25.00

We stayed in this park for 2 months. It was clean & all the park models were kept up nicely with landscaping for the most part. We really enjoyed being so close to the golf course & played often. Golf prices were great. The staff in both the main office & pro shop were very nice & personable. The wait staff in the bar were terribly slow so we stopped going there to eat or even get a cocktail, sad really. No dog park within the boundaries of the park, have to take your pets out to the desert which means loading them up in your vehicle multiple times a day & night. Not convenient at all, or safe at night since we heard of several snake bites being reported. Weren't told about the extra garbage & water fee upfront. Don't like surprises like that. Had good cell (AT&T) & satellite coverage. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Not much to do in this area unless you have a dune buggy & love the sand. It's dirty, nothing green. Some people love that, we will not be going back.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $25.00

Excellent park. The people who complain about dog restriction obviously are the people the rules are made for. We found the lack of barking and dog droppings refreshing. There are plenty of dogs in the park, but they are kept, under control by owners. Great pool and spa. Huge library and great work out room. Went for one night ad stayed a week. Can not wait to return. Easy to get into level slots. Only complaint is the internet. As seems to be the standard these days, nearly impossible to get on. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2016 - $25.00

Great place to stay; lots of activities and reasonably-priced golf. Restaurant has good food at a good price. However, getting our 35' motorhome between the concrete pad and the hookup box required care. The camp host was great at directing my husband into the spot. Staff and block watch host all very friendly but the residents not so much. Lots of rules. Had to wear a name tag and that identified us as 'not permanent' to the residents. We would stay here again. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2015 - $38.00

They do a poor job of telling you when you make a reservation that dogs are to not to be walked in the campground and must be taken outside of the park in the 90 degree heat to do there business. This was a very long 7 days

Lots of activities but we were only given a sheet of paper with food specials in the restaurant.

Friendly residents but staff did not reach out to us - you would think that a person with a newer MH and car would be sought out to return as a snowbird resident. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $25.00

Your basic large, rectangular, Arizona rv/resort park with graveled level sites, good utilities, cement patios, security, paved roads, daily activities and golf course. Sites are interspersed among park models with one section of park set aside for those with pets.

Good location, friendly people, great rate and quiet. Will definitely return on next visit to Yuma! We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: February, 2015 - $25.00

This is a large park geared for retirees, mostly snowbirds and mobile homes. Everyone was very nice -- I had four men (too many!) try and help me get into my site. The park is kept up well and is very clean and neat. There are tons of rules which appear to be enforced with enthusiasm. They make you wear a badge when you're out in the park, which I find a bit much. I didn't find it very relaxing, but you might. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel

Yuma is an RV epicenter. There's a fair amount to see and do in Yuma. Start at the Visitors Center at the Quartermaster State Park -- an amazing resource. Downtown is fun on the weekends. Martha's Gardens date farm is a nice place to visit, be sure and order a date shake. Tons of shopping -- Yuma Palms is a ginormous mall, and there are many others. Not a very scenic area, but interesting.

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $38.00

This was our second time at this park. Both times we have come in on a 4 day special. It is an okay park. It is always difficult to get into your site. They have palm trees planted in the worst spots and it is hard to maneuver into your space. The roads are not real wide. Once in the site, there seems to be ample room. It is gravel with a concrete pad. The amenities are nice. The park is clean and fairly quiet at night. We got one night free WIFI, then paid $3 day. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2013 - $20.00

If you like rules & regulations, you will like this park. Don't have your dog on any streets that are not designated as "pet streets". Men... don't ride your bicycle without wearing your shirt. Don't walk between other peoples spaces to cut to the next street. What a bunch of nags. Can there be any more intolerance even when you are not bothering anyone else? You can't be respectful enough for some of these people. We camped at Westwind RV and Golf Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Shangri-La RV Resort

The Palms RV Resort

Yuma, Arizona

Are you affiliated with Westwind RV and Golf Resort ?