Fort Smith / Alma KOA

Alma, Arkansas

Recent Rate: $46 3/2015

Latitude: 35.5220539605954

Full Timers 2

We reserved on line and upon arrival we were told they had given our site to another rv-er. The only other spot available was ten dollars more! Listen ten bucks will not affect my world...but it was the principle of the deal. They would not budge and we had no were else to go. Horrible business practice. The power box in only inches off of the ground, so your power cord is crimped when plugged in. With my slides out and the motor home slides next to me, we could not walk in between our rv's. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

bambiresort

Cute park. Restroom facilities, especially the showers, need updating. Mildew is a problem as well as loose floor tiles in the shower stalls. Nice laundry facility at the office. We liked the concrete pads but watch for the boulders located at each site at night. They're meant to keep poor drivers off the corner of the pads but the lighting is low and when you're unpacking a few things you could topple right over them. We stayed one night. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

c1dancer

This campground is clean and the staff is friendly. The interior roads are a little tight for larger rigs but the sites are nice and long and level. The wi-fi worked fine and there was little if any road noise. This was a good place to use as a base to explore the Fort Smith area. We would stay here again. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

Byron Bailey

This is an "ok" park with very narrow graveled sites, good hook-ups, and a nice lake. There appeared to be many homesteaders. We would only consider staying here a night or two while traveling to a nicer RV park. It is a bit pricey for what you get. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

cvilleokrv

We've stayed in this park multiple times and will probably stay again since it is the nicest in the Fort Smith/Alma vicinity. The park is not the nicest KOA we've ever stayed at nor is it the worst. The roads are above average although some turns can be a bit tight if you are towing. The grounds usually are well groomed although the park seems to be showing it's age. Our biggest complaint from our most recent visits has been the attitude of the manager. He makes it very apparent through words as well as actions that he hates his job. His exact words on our most recent office visit were "I waste enough of my time here as it is". Were it not for his attitude the rating would have been somewhat higher. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

Road Warriors

Love this campground. There was a friendly staff, clean laundry room and rest rooms, sparkling salt water pool and a stocked pond. Beautiful place. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A.E.Michell

This RV park in my opinion needs a big cleanup. The roads into the park have low branches, the roads are narrow with tight turns and some places have drop offs as well. I paid the deposit for this a month ago with the reservation. During the check in process I was asked for 18 cents due to a tax increase. I had to go to the RV for this as I do not carry money. I think as an owner I would have overlooked this. Next they placed us as far into the park as possible with the permanent folks. I asked about staying near the entry and was told that was $10.00 more. I declined (the owner did offer to move us for a fee). The cable worked, the trees need trimming, the roads are beat up and with all this in mind I would never stay here again . Do not bring a rig bigger than 36 ft unless you pay the fee to stay down below. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

rolling homeless

This is the nicest KOA we have stayed in. So many KOA's are tired and old and this place is clean and the spots are large. The manager is knowledgeable and helpful. The closest WalMart is ls than 5 miles away. It is quiet and we will recommend it to friends. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

mfcros

We stayed here three nights while visiting friends in the area. We stayed in one of the perimeter pull through sites that was tight and overgrown with shrubs and vines. There was an electrical problem at our site that was handled pretty quickly, after I was able to convince them there was a problem. They have many ducks for pets, that do what ducks do, all over the sidewalk in front of the office (watch your step). A major concern on our last day was some people shooting a pistol into a very low bank. I don't have a problem with the shooting, but it was just across the road and directly in line with the park. The owner called the sheriff, who said he couldn't do anything because it was in the county (hard to believe). The location was convenient, and the warehouse stores next door were fun. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

gbburgess

This campground is fairly handy off I-540 and Hwy 71. The grounds are pleasant but roads, turns, and site width are narrow and need upgrading. The manager gave us the necessary information but acted more like a salesman reading a script than a host. We were there for an overnight stay on our way south. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

ElsieandKen

A smallish campground. Nice long pull throughs (gravel). The U-turns you have to take to get to the sites are navigable but with a long rig you need to plan ahead (we were in a 40 ft). The asphalt drives could stand to be widened a little even if with gravel. We stayed off season so the flowerbeds were a little overgrown, but the grass was mowed. Good power and cable. Hosts were friendly. Our site was at the front facing the pond. Very convenient to Ft Smith and Van Buren. Enjoyed the historical sites. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

rvmarc

Unfortunately, this campground has seen better days. The female owner was very nice, but the park has more permanent mobile homes than transients, and the atmosphere is a little depressing. The town of Ft. Smith has some interesting history, but the National Historic site is a 2 hour experience at best. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

mary mcmoo

The people here were very nice. It is a good overnight stop: the usual KOA right on the road. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Travel Trailer.

mollismom

We stopped here for one night and was sorely disappointed after the reviews I read on Tripadvisor. The place is horrible and of the reviews I read I think they must have been related to the owners or friends. We were put up at the top of the hill in a trailer park. (If you are going to rent out trailers, then keep your passing through campers separate from them.) The dog walk was right beside one of the trailer yards and the grass was so overgrown my Yorkie would not use it. The whole place was unkept. It was a horrible place. I will never go to another KOA as long as I live. I stayed in my camper and left at 4am the next morning due to a motorcycle running in and out from one of the trailers. It still gives me creeps from being here. You cannot trust any website to give you the facts. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nan1

OK park, our site overlooked the lake. Lots of ducks means lots of duck droppings, watching where I walked and still stepped in it. The 30 amp power was weak couldn't run Microwave and toaster at same time. Like most KOA's overpriced, was an older park with side by side hookups. We did not have sewers on our site. We would stay again only because nothing else is available. Our rate reflects KOA discount. We camped at Fort Smith / Alma KOA in a Motorhome.

Tucson / Lazydays KOA

Tucson, Arizona

Eureka Springs KOA

Eureka Springs, Arkansas

Springhill COE

Barling, Arkansas

Beaver Lake Campground

Custer, South Dakota

Are you affiliated with Fort Smith / Alma KOA?