I-30 Travel Park

Benton, Arkansas

Recent Rate: $35 10/2014

docj

One key thing about this park is that even though it is listed as Benton it really is in Bryant which is significantly closer to Little Rock at exit 121 rather than exit 106 where the Benton parks are. Downtown Little Rock and the Clinton Library are <25 minutes away. We stayed here a bit longer than expected while we waited for some storms to pass by; there's both a Kroger and a Walmart only 5 minutes away. It's not a very attractive park; there is only gravel in the area where most short term people are put, but, as a result, we had no problem getting satellite TV. We were warned that the wifi was slow, but it did work. Mostly we used our Verizon 4G which was >10 Mbps. It's a little pricey for what you get, but the rate cited was a total price. One thing to note, it is in a dry county. The nearest wet county is ~8 miles north towards Little Rock. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Gator67

Large park. Long pull-throughs. Easy in, easy out. Friendly staff. Good choice for an overnight stay. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

jonrjen

As others have mentioned, it is a place to stop and lay your head down for the night. Park hosts were very friendly and greet you very warmly. A large number of full time residents, but well kept sites. Sites are for the greater part gravel or dirt/grass and semi level. Good clean power, good water pressure, clear sky view for satellite reception. You can hear limited road noise both day and night. Easy to find while traveling east, but I can see where it could be a real journey in finding it from the west. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Betsy from Ohio

This park is between Little Rock and Hot Springs and is a good location for touring in both cities. However, it has little else to recommend it. Access is via a frontage road and crossover and is confusing. The only amenity is a laundry and some restrooms. There is no shade in the area used for short term stays and the campground is essentially a gravel parking lot with utilities. The staff is friendly, and internet access is good. It was expensive for what was provided. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

threehendersons

Good place for a quick stopover. It's really just a gravel lot with primarily pull-through sites and utility connections, but sometimes that's all you need. Some road noise from nearby I-30 at night. Site was level, utilities worked fine and TV reception was good with antenna. Be prepared for a convoluted entrance to the park from I-30 westbound. Our GPS took us there but still a little tricky. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

fulltimer 2

If you are headed west on I-30 call for explicit directions. The runabouts and service roads and assess to cross overs were designed by a masochist! East bound I-30 Easy Off and Easy On. This park is a 7 only as there are few choices in this neck of the woods. It is OK for a overnight stop. Easy to maneuver. Electric at 116 to 117 VAC is just OK. Water pressure and quality is fine. Modern sewer hook ups but pick a site without a broken one. Our sight was perfect level, others not so. At the office they tell you to just pick any sight and pull in. We suggest the back row. No Wi-Fi there, need to stay in the pine tree sites for that, but back section is open so satellite will work. Safe and mostly everything works. Just look before you dock or you could drive another 90 miles. Our 45' and large toad did well here. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

DBCooper

I will rate this park a little higher than I would a similar park off the highway. For me it was an ideal location for overnight and the price was right. Better than a truck stop or Walmart. That is it folks. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Holden Awn

This is not a great campground, this is not an awful campground, hence my "6" rating. It's a good place to pull over and spend the night. It is, as some others have said, somewhat easy on / easy off, but the one way access roads running beside the freeway make it a pain in the neck to go get food, gas, etc and then get back to the campground. A center "island" with trees, but for the most part this field of gravel pull-thrus reminded me strongly of an old drive-in movie lot. No cable; WiFi was strong for the first few hours then died. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

wmvan2740

We stayed here on the 4th of July. Nice campground. easy in and out, also close to walmart and RV parts. We enjoyed our stay would stay there again. Friendly service. They had clean restrooms and sites with plenty of space for the biggest rigs. We would stay there again. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

macandphyl

Decent overnight stop right off I-30. No frills, just basics. Mostly seasonal campers, few amenities, gravel sites for overnighters; safe and clean. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Jack Hartman

The park looks shabby. There is litter on the ground, (cigarette butts). We spent 4 nights there and most of the time the internet was so slow as to be unusable. One night it rained hard which created large puddles near our coach where the power pedestal is. There is no shade for over night. Those sites are taken by full-timers. Other than a convenient place for our stay, it did not meet our expectations. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

Roll on--------larry

Lady at check-in was nice enough. However, I had asked her if there were any tree limbs to be concerned with, she replied, oh no!! We were told to go to the rear of the park and park on either site 323 or 325. On the way there we had to pull way over to the left on the edge of the dirt road to miss a very large limb. We parked on a very large level pull-through site. The other one was blocked off by several concrete blocks. Hookups all worked well. The site we parked on and the next one to us was littered with several dozen cigarette butts, two beer cans and numerous pull tabs and beer bottle caps. Also, someone had dumped a charcoal cooker in the middle of the site leaving a large mess. Makes us wonder if employees ever walk through the park to look things over. Also, at check-in the nice lady asked if we were Good Sam members and I answered yes and started to dig out the card, but she said, "I do not need to see the card." Which makes us think everyone gets the discount which makes it a meaningless joke. Directions to get to the park were somewhat difficult to follow. Good level sites with good hookups but no excuse for the large tree limb and all the litter. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

bob and phyl

Rate is Good Sam. Fairly basic park, good for an over night stop. Fairly easy off and on from I-30. Mostly full timers-90% or more. WiFi available but slow to connect. Park was clean, large no frills pull through sites in back of the park. Would stay again for over-night. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Motorhome.

JustDon

For a over nighter, it was good. Easy off from I-30 and traffic noise all night long. Mostly people living there full time - 90% or more. Park was clean, lady in office was very nice, plenty of places to eat close by, and nice pull throughs sites. I'd stop here for another one nighter if I have to but never longer. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

User2228

This was just an overnight while visiting a sick uncle. I would not recommend it for much more than that. We camped at I-30 Travel Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with I-30 Travel Park?