Crossett Harbor RV Park

Crossett, Arkansas

Latitude: 33.1496965912068

Joceil

This is a nice park for a couple nights. We had good satellite reception. You have to be aware of sugar ants. They were in our motorhome with in 24 hours. They were going up our satellite connection to the motorhome. I had to spray everything inside and out. We would camp here again. We just have to be mindful of the ants. The sites are paved and are pretty level. We camped at Crossett Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

pumper9x9

If you're down here you know you are in swamp country. The park has 2 loops B and C. I have no idea what happened to A. They have a lot of semi permanent residents who have these above ground waste storage tanks that they pump out once a month. The thing I didn't like about this set up is that you are allowed to run your gray water out on the ground. In the summer I imagine this gets a bit fragrant. The initial impression I had of the showers was that someone or something was going to come out of the swamp and eat me or cut me up with a chain saw. However once I got use to the reduced lighting I found the showers were clean, had plenty of hot water and good pressure. They could just use some better lighting and repainting. The park roads are paved as are the sites. The verizon MiFi worked well. I saw a lot of remote satellite dishes with cables that ran across the roads so I'd guess that reception is spotty. This is a city owned park that was built by the COE. We paid $14/night at the senior rate. I imagine that they have some better long term rates available. You can hear the highway noise from Hwy 82 but it's not too bad. If you have a boat the boat ramp is right near the entrance to the park. We camped at Crossett Harbor RV Park in a Motorhome.

DaveCh

We stayed in the park for six nights visiting friends in the area. The park is run by the city of Crossett AR. We liked the park and as a previous reviewer said, if you like to be in the woods and quiet areas this is it. It is not heavily used, probably because it is not advertised. Even the people we know in the area did not know about it. We learned about it on this site. The park was clean and the city sprays for bugs. The Ouachita river is two miles from the camp ground and there is a boat ramp. I think most of the use was "permanent" residences. Many used an above ground septic tank arrangement. I have never seen that before. I recommend if you stay at this park that you camp far away from those sites. We would stay there again. We camped at Crossett Harbor RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

biga

If you like peace and serenity, this is the CG for you. Completely surrounded by the 65,000 acre Felsenthal National Wildlife Refuge, it is located 6 miles west of Crossett, just off US 82. Built in 1987 by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers it is now operated by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service. All roads to and throughout the park are paved and in excellent condition. Every campsite has a level paved pad, concrete picnic table, is shaded, and spaced for maximum privacy. Reservations are not accepted, but are unnecessary since the park is never more than a fraction occupied. No sewer hookups, but there is a convenient dump station. Only 5 sites are waterfront, but the park has a 1st class boat launch & parking area. It is well worth a visit and don’t miss the FNW Refuge Visitor Center, about a mile east on US 82. We camped at Crossett Harbor RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Crossett Harbor RV Park?