Shell Lake Campground

Recent Rate: $28 4/2013

Latitude: 35.1349832025951

• yes-lake Waterfront

Mariposa Paul

The previous review is still accurate, except the cost went up $1.00. The bathrooms were not open, and they did offer us the use of a hotel room to take a shower in. We used it as an overnight stop while on the road. The sites are in various degrees of disrepair, not all full hookup sites where fully functional. It appeared that all RVs that showed up were able to get full hookups. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Heureaux

The campground is right across from a very busy truck stop and next to the interstate as well, therefore it is very noisy. No discounts available and overpriced. The grounds were not kept up and needed maintenance. Easy in and easy out is about the best I can say about this campground, it was good for an overnight stay as we were tired. I would try to avoid it and plan my stop in another city. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

horseylady

Park grounds were clean. Gravel roads and sites fairly level. Close to I-40 and right across road from major truck stop. Very noisy. If they have restrooms, they were not open, and we had to use the motel next door for showering. We felt they were way over-priced considering the location. We would not stay here again. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

WA4TG

Apparently some improvements have been made to the campground since the last review. The roads were in good shape, the campground was neatly mowed, and it was clean overall. It is still an overnight stop at best. The voltage was only 112 volts and we were not able to use all our appliances for fear of damage. The campground is only about 100 yards from I-40, and directly across the street from a truck stop, so the traffic noise is loud and continuous. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

bobsexton

One of the worst campgrounds I've visited. Broken picnic tables, the grass needed cutting and electricity didn't work at some sites. Awfully bad! We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

dichafer

Park is very unkempt; mud holes throughout; could not even drive into sites. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

susy1313

I have traveled full time for 4 years and this is the worst campground I have ever had the misfortune to stay in. It was like camping in a very muddy noisy junkyard. Drive through the night if you have to to avoid this one. I broke my cardinal rule of paying before looking at the camping facility and I won't do it again. I had planned to stay in a campground that I had already checked out before Memphis but decided to drive on through Memphis and avoid the morning traffic. I-40 is within sight and several major truck stops just across the road, so don't count on a good night's sleep. I wish I had stopped at the Wal-Mart 20 miles earlier. Even free camping at Shell Lake would be a ripoff. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

catadjuster

It is an old KOA that needs a lot of work. Had to look around for a site that had working water connection. Lots of low hanging tree branches. The sign on the office building states that it is under renovation, but I saw no work being done. You have to register at the nearby Motel. Right next to a TA truck stop and I-40 so it is very noisy. Worked for an in and out overnight but that is about all. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

lutman59

A shamefully neglected park that will do for a cheap stop over in a pinch. Tremendous road noise required me to keep the A/C fan on all night (and I could still hear it). I was, however, pleasantly surprised that they offered free wireless internet. You can use the pool of the hotel next door, who apparently own this park. They really could have used a sign that said check in at the hotel because another guest and I walked clear around the old KOA building expecting an entrance when there was none. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Tn Traveler

This was the worst we've ever seen. The sites were pure mud with water filled holes and tire ruts. Many of the sewer connections were broken and tree branches extended into the aisles and scraped the rv's. Absolutely everything was in terrible condition. Unfortunately we were exhausted upon arrival and nothing else was nearby and we had no choice but to stay the night. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Sandra

This campground is about 20 miles west of Memphis, TN on I-40. This park is badly in need of maintenance. Only 1 toilet worked in the men's washroom. In the laundry room 1 dryer was not vented and it was dirty. The good news is that it is right off of I-40. The bad news is that it is just across from a TA Truck Stop, so noisy day and night. Sewer didn't work at our site. We had to back out of our pull through to get out of our site, as the trees were too low for us to use the drive. Campground part of Super 8 campground. They had a pool and Wi-Fi. This used to be a KOA and I don't think anything has been done to it since they pulled out. It rained while we were here, and our rig was sitting in a lake. The lake is pretty but that's the only part that was pretty. The campground itself is functional and ok for a stopover. We camped at Shell Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Shell Lake Campground?