North Little Rock, Arkansas

Downtown Riverside RV Park

North Little Rock, Arkansas

250 S. Locust Street (GPS)
North Little Rock, Arkansas 72114

• Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $28.00

Big rig friendly with level sites. The one women's shower and one men's shower had hot water. Did not use the laundry room. No dog park but bags were provided in dog walk area. No cable but did have not a problem using our satellite. Our site was on the Arkansas River with a great view of the city skyline and the nightly light show on two bridges. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Walmart, shopping mall, other shopping, and restaurants less than 10 miles. In the campground, you could walk the bridge to the Clinton Library and downtown to see the capital.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $30.00

It's basically a concrete parking lot. No tables or anything at the sites but they had a pavilion and a grassy area on the river front that had tables. Ours was a pull in so we had to unhook the tow but we planned to anyhow. No shade at the sites and sites are very close. Small laundry/ community building: 2 washers & dryers, $2.00 each, pay in the office. So it closed at 6 pm when the office closed. They also have a dump station. Looked like there were about four sites with electric and water only and an overflow area that I think had electric only.

Friendly, helpful office staff. There was always noise from the nearby interstate sounded like distant thunder. Didn't bother us. Very convenient to restaurants and attractions. Good walking trails along the river. Verizon arena and the Travelers field are within walking distance. Seemed like a lot of people used it as a stopover. It would empty out each morning and fill back up in the evening. We would stay here again. It's gated and gate closes at 6 pm. They give you a code. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

There are two pedestrian bridges within walking distance. The Clinton Pedestrian Bridge is right by the park and it's an easy walk to the Clinton Presidential Library. A must see no matter what your political views are. Beautiful river front walking/biking trails. Short walk to several restaurants. We also went to an Arkansas Travelers game. The field is about a mile from the park. Tickets are 8 & 12 dollars.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $25.00

This is a city-owned park along the banks of the Arkansas River in North Little Rock. We were in a very long concrete pull thru with excellent utilities and a clear sky for satellite. There is a grassy area along the river with tables and shade, perfect for an evening glass of wine and a view of the bridges that are beautifully lit at night. You can take the walkway over the river to the Clinton Library or downtown Little Rock. The park is gated and you need a code to get in at night-good security. We would have stayed longer than one night but they were setting up for an event along the river in the park-next time! We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $22.00

Very close to downtown and very clean. I would recommend this park and will stay again. Wonderful managers, very accommodating. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Clinton Library was just across the river and very nice to visit. A short walk downtown to all the restaurants. If you are into bourbon whiskey tastings and tours are at the Rock Town Distillery. We went there, very nice.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $30.00

There is good and bad with this park. First, the bad, its a concrete parking lot with a lot of road noise. Secondly, there is one shower and toilet for the women and one for the men. It is right downtown in the not so nice part of town. Most of the RV's are Class A, so it makes it really crowded. The sites are very very close to each other. The good, it is right on the Arkansas River with views of the bridges that are lighted each night. Very pretty. You can walk over the bridge to the Clinton Presidential Library and River Market and restaurants. The staff was very nice. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

DPH

Date of Stay: January, 2017 - $11.00

We had a gravel back in site along the seawall with full hookup. Close to downtown with a good view of the river. Check in was quick and helpful. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

We had dinner at the "Flying Fish" restaurant downtown and the food was great.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $10.00

I stayed in the overflow section this trip. This park is a very good value so it is busy. You should call way ahead for a site. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

76d

Lots to do around Little Rock, ride the trolley, tour the capital.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

The PA rate is only good for the back row which doesn't have much of a view. We opted for the Good Sam discount and got a river front site. Very glad we did. Loved being right on the river with views of the bridges and downtown. Changing lights on the bridges at night are enjoyable to watch. Nice that they are set up for Class As to pull in and 5ers to back in for best view. All of the river front sites have new concrete pads. There are a few very large pull throughs that are also concrete. WiFi wasn't very good but Verizon hot spot was strong. Some grass along the river where you can walk your dog and we walked our dogs across the bridge and around the grass at the Clinton Center. Great place to stay for the Arkansas River Trail System. Would definitely return. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

This was our second stay in this park within two weeks. We came back because we were happy with the cleanliness, ease of access, and security. Unfortunately, this time there was significant construction going on (building new concrete pads). This didn't concern us because we were only staying one night. When we tried to pull into our site, I had to move 30-40 grids of rebar that the concrete crews stacked across a third of our site. No mention of this was made when we checked in. When I raised the issue with the park attendant, who said only "I'm sorry". No effort was made to get someone to move the rebar for me or anything else. An email to the city (it's a city-owned park) did not elicit a response. At 7 a.m. this morning, the concrete crew arrived and began unloading heavy equipment, making a lot of noise well before most parks quiet hours are over. Bottom line: It's a good park, but if you're considering this park, (1) ask if they have construction going on, (2) ask to check your site before paying anything, and (3) insist on any encumbrances being removed from your site before you pay for it. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

27-29

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $30.00

The only thing going for this RV park is the view from riverfront sites. The sites are parking lot tight with the utilities mid site. The owner is spending some money to upgrade the riverfront sites with concrete pads. Not family friendly as there is no play area. No cable, but good OTA with 12+ digital channels. Satellite should be available from all the sites. The WIFI was weak and somewhat slow but did work for light browsing. This is basically a parking lot with hookups. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel
Other

As others have said there is a walk bridge over the Arkansas River to the Clinton Library and downtown Little Rock, about 1/2 to 3/4 mile.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $10.00

Made a reservation that morning (as per PA requirements) and was told I'd have a site. Upon arriving, as different person was at the desk who said they had absolutely no spaces. I repeated my morning conversation and asked that she contact the person I'd talked to...said it wouldn't make any difference. Finally gave up, as I was heading to my vehicle she came running out, saying "I have a spot for you." What the... Put me in a spot beside the dumpster and needed 3 hoses to reach the water. Park was ok, but under construction and a lot of construction debris. Might change my mind with a another visit, but don't think it's worth it. Saw at least 3 other sites, in a nicer area, that were empty from the time I arrived until the time I left. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Obstacles

sbull, manager at Downtown Riverside RV Park responded to this review

As it states in the Passport America book and on line that the sites on the bank of the river and pull throughs are not eligible for Passport America discount. If a reservation had been made you would have been in the computer. I'm sorry for your inconvenience.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $11.00

A very convenient park, right on the river. The pedestrian river bridge is right there for you to walk over to the Bill Clinton Library -- a good place to visit. Price of the park can't be beat with Passport America rates. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

Easy to drive or walk to sites in Little Rock. President Clinton Library, The Heifer International Headquarters, the Little Rock High School (a National Monument), much much more.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $19.00

The only good thing I can say about this park is that it is close to the Clinton library.

We stayed in the 30 amp 'overflow' area, which amounted to a gravel parking lot near the office and dumpster. The electrical connections were literally hanging from a board. Several were just lying on the ground. My fridge wouldn't cool properly and my AC was weak at best. I didn't have a voltage meter, but maybe it's better that I didn't see it. Water - Eight old and leaky hoses were connected to one pipe. I just wish I could post a picture. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

It was cheap, but not worth the price.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $19.00

Beware if you are a 30 amp and told you'll be in the "overflow" parking as the "overflow" is the parking lot next to the entrance, office, and trash dumpster.

The electric wasn't 30 amp as my air conditioner could barely run. I gave up and put my fridge on propane as it wasn't even getting cold. The electric box plug-ins wound up in water due to leaky old sticky-in-the-sun hoses.

The water was run from a Coast Guard trailer which had splitters with splitters with more splitters. Their old hoses got it close enough where I could use my hose, but I was unable to unscrew theirs at the spigot as they were alligator clamped on.

Perhaps the 50 amp big guys fare better but if it's a 30 amp class B or C, I'd look for somewhere else. We were to stay 3 nights and could barely wait to leave after the first night. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $25.00

Site was a pull-through with a view of the river. Park is located between the two lighted bridges over the river and next to the walking bridge to the Clinton Library in the city. The lighting show is excellent! The sites are basically parking lot with hookups, but there is grass and picnic table all along the river and a pavilion for group events. The park is in a seedy part of the city, but it has a good security fence with a coded entry gate starting at 6 pm and city police patrols are frequent. This is a Little Rock city park. We camped at Downtown Riverside RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

29 31
Asphalt, Gravel

This isn't a fancy park and the sites are sunny but the river is scenic with the city center just on the other side. The light show on the bridges is not to be missed. It is in a rather seedy part of town of mostly minority population. Diesel fuel was available at two nearby stations, but both of them were priced about the same as other areas for gasoline but $0.50/gallon more for diesel than at the Murphy Oil some 7 miles away. The park has a laundry and game room and seems to be very friendly.

Are you affiliated with Downtown Riverside RV Park?