Sterling Crest RV Park

Texarkana, Arkansas

hoppytoad

This park is a bit off the main highway, and to get there one has to go down fairly narrow streets through a neighborhood. The park itself is part of a complex, that was once a motel, but has been converted into residents for people over 50. The sites were quite difficult to get into with our 40 foot motorhome. These are older sites with antiquated hookups (water next to sewer outlet, for example). Trees prevented access to satellite TV. There are only 30 amp hookups. The rate of $17.40 is the Passport America rate. Given the inconvenient distance from the highway, the difficulty getting into the site, and the the generally unsatisfactory nature of the site, we would definitely not stay here again. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

GMCr

Nice, level site park but a way from the Interstate and shower/restroom unheated. Single male and female shower/bath so if in use you need to wait. Manager courteous and friendly. Trains close but don't run often at night. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

SandyA

We were very disappointed in this park. The grass hadn't been mowed - probably all summer. The restrooms were awful....dirty and poorly maintained; the doors looked like they were ready to fall off. It obviously had been a nice park at one time; the sites were concrete and hookups were in nice brick stands but is very run down. The staff was very friendly and helpful but couldn't make up for the poor condition overall. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

W Howard

This park is just off the I-30 frontage road. Easy in and out. The park appeared to be entirely gravel. Our site was level with convenient utilities. Friendly office staff. The dog walk area appears to be the park leaching field. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

RoadCruiser

We stayed here on our way through Arkansas. The staff was very friendly. I called ahead and told the manager the size of our camper, he said "no problem" the sites were plenty big enough for us. They were not, the roads are narrow and the sites are very, very small and extremely hard to get in or out of. The other campers were very nice and helped us get our camper parked in the spot finally after we had to back it up into the grassy yard behind another camper to get it lined up on the spot. The WiFi was the best thing about this park. The restrooms, if you can call them that, were dirty and resembled wooden outhouses. We will never stay here again. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

ouachita princess

So-so. Staff is very friendly. However, staff gave out incomplete/incorrect information. Said all sites were 30 amp only and all sites "are the same". We pulled in while raining and proceeded to set up to find out it was 50 amp and we had no adapter. We moved (in the rain). Set up and hooked up electricity then to find out this site had no water spigot therefore they were not "all the same". (I will add we're in our brand new fifth wheel therefore a bit "out of whack" regarding setting up an organized manner.) We ran two hoses and filled our tank. It is an older part of town, but has a gate that locks at night and we felt safe. There are apartments and a policeman was there visiting family members. You had better like train yards (as opposed to simply train tracks). Very loud train stuff all the time. We were gone most of the time visiting family so only heard this at night. It is OK for a stop-over. Concrete pads. Grass could use mowing. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

User1359

Worst park I have paid to stay in. I agree with the three previous reviews. Only wish I had read them before I pulled into the park. Never should have stayed. Park is very run down and housed what appears to be numerous long term, dislocated individuals. Definitely felt like an unsafe park. Initially I was impressed with the "gated community" aspect. Then feared that I was housed in a very unsafe community. Please do NOT stay here. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Mumer

The woman who checked us in was so friendly & nice but not the owner. I hate to write such a bad review, but this park is simply a Redneck Hillbilly Heaven at best. Wi-Fi was good, but that's the only redeeming factor. Sites on top of one another and unsanitary hookups; our site had our water spigot right beside sewer dump in ground, and I mean inches beside..eewww! We did not use!! Restroom building looked like right out of the Deliverance movie, very dilapidated wooden structure. Advertisement in Passport America directory book is totally misleading; said to be a gated community RV park with domed heated pool, etc. Pool dry, no TV cable. Park is really run down & has motel with cars with flat tires, etc. We didn't even unhook our car. Would never stay here again if back in Texarkana. Worst place we've stayed in our 13 years RVing. Sorry but true. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Livin' the Life

Run, don't walk away from this place. Noisy is an understatement. Not well kept, tight, not really a campground in my opinion. Stayed 1 night and that was too long. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

mac3919

Neighborhood is mechanical/industrial. There was some kind of halfway house on the next block, but it was not a residential setting. CG and apartment complex share property; apartments are extremely shabby, junk cars, stuff hanging on railings. Most of park appeared to be permanent party, rigs were shabby and old. Only saw one resident walking around, and he didn't look reputable. Didn't feel safe, drove away within 10-20 minutes. Roads difficult to navigate, mh barely squeezed through the driveway around the apartments. Drive was one way; assuming the driveway circled out, I pulled out of site onto the main drive to discover the apartments had an 8' wrought iron bridge, barring exit. Rather than get out to unhook the Toad and back up, I chose to drive over a curb, over the lawn into a glass littered parking lot of a closed business next door just to get out of there. Manager not on grounds on Sunday, had told me by phone I could pay the next morning. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Fisherman

I would not stay here again. We were traveling and used one of the popular RV books to find a place to overnight. This place is not very near or convenient to the interstate in my opinion. I wish I had looked at the reviews here at this website before calling and getting there. I could go on and on but do not really need to. There is a KOA near the interstate on the Texas side of Texarcana that is too expensive for what is there, but I would stay there instead if I needed a place to stop. I thought about giving a lower score than a 3 but they did have concrete drive and pads. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

jeiklor

I agree with most of the comments regarding trains, sites and condition of the place. I can tell you this is the only "park" I truly felt uncomfotable walking after dark in with my wife. So I wouldn't!! Better to pull off at a Walmart anyday!!! We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Roidon621

I would never stay here again, mainly because the railroad was across the street and it was a switching station. What a lot of noise! We had planned to stay two nights, but nixed that idea really fast. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Travelin Rose

This is a Passport America Park. I can not think of anything positive to say about this park. First, it is not in a very good part of town. It is across the street from the train switch yard, so it is very noisy. It was rather hard to get a big rig in through the gates, trees, etc. Our site was supposed to be a pull through. I call it a pull off beside the road site. When our slides were extended, they were in the road. We put out orange cones to keep them from being hit. The site was crumbling concrete. The absolute worst part was when we looked for the water connection. There was a metal plate on the crumbling concrete. When removed, BOTH water AND sewer were down there. Needless to say, we did not use the water. I could go on, but this is enough. We will not stay here again. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Motorhome.

Motorhome Madness

RV area needs repairs to the electric. Gates close at 5:00 so unless someone has a pass card to

let you in, you are out of luck. Nice looking park but the noise from trains across the street is very bad. Sounds like a connecting yard with banging noise, whistles, etc. Sometimes sounds like they are coming through the campground. If one likes trains, this is a perfect place. We camped at Sterling Crest RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Sterling Crest RV Park?