Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park

West Memphis, Arkansas

1286 S 8th St
West Memphis, Arkansas 72301

• Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $47.00

This is the second time we've stayed here. This time with another motor home traveling with us. It is just so lovely to be riverfront. There aren't a lot a amenities, but we didn't need any. This is the only place that I have been that the washer/dryer is free. No WiFi or cable. You may wonder where you are going when you drive in the road, but never fear, you will be fine, lol. Central BBQ is overrated. The riverfront sites I would recommend are 67 thru 75 under the trees and near the bathhouse and laundry. The other sites on the river are 94 thru 100. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

This is a good location to go to Beale St., Graceland, Bass Pro, and if you want a tour of St. Jude's make an appointment about a week ahead of time.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $44.00

We spent one night at Tom Sawyer's on our way home from a 2-week trip. We really loved it. It was relaxing to watch the barges to by and see the moon rise over the river. We liked it well enough that we have already booked another short stay. We plan to try for a longer stay in the coming year so we can explore Memphis and surrounds. Our campsite was nice and level, and we faced the river. There was a nice laundry room and no charge to do your laundry. The people in the office were super nice, and we were escorted to out campsite. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Spacious, Nearby

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $35.00

Very easy access off interstate. Friendly helpful staff. Beautiful sites right on Mississippi river. Very pleasant views of river barges and traffic. Excellent ota tv reception. Short drive to Memphis for shopping, movie theater, etc. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Just across the river from Memphis. Groceries, restaurants, movie theaters, civil rights museum etc.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

Great location for visiting Memphis...about 7-10 miles from downtown Memphis attractions. Very convenient to both I-40 and I-55 interstates. Nice setting on the banks of the Mississippi River and fun to watch the large river barges, but campground itself isn't very scenic. This might be because the river floods, so no trees at all on the riverfront section we were in. The upstream/east riverside section (sites 66-75) was much nicer with some shade trades. That being said, our pull-through site did have a nice, long concrete pad with full hookups. The internet was hit and miss and very slow. We picked up several channels on antenna. The laundry room was nice with several washers and dryers....and it was free to do laundry! I've never seen free laundry at a campground, so that was very much appreciated. One night we didn't hear nearby train whistle....the next night we were kept up for hours with the train horns. Guess it might depend on the direction the wind was blowing? We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

Very nice park, extremely convenient for visiting Memphis. Easy check-in, free laundry and HUGE sites. Note: do not use your GPS for directions in, use provided instructions in confirmation email. Also, very dusty roads so expect rig/toad to get dusty/dirty in and out. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Ask for sights with a view of the river, fun to watch the barges

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $44.00

This is a fun campground to stay in due to its location right on the Mississippi River where you can sit out and watch the river barge traffic all day and night. It is just a few miles off the freeway on a good road. Most sites are long, level, pull-through, FHU, gravel or concrete, and slanted for easy access and a view. Some sites are shaded and some are open. Clean bathrooms and a laundry room are available. WiFi was weak. There is lots of green space for walking a dog. It is also only a few miles to downtown Memphis and a Walmart and Kroger are nearby. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

When I plugged in and starting setting up, my wife asked if I cut the power. It was the Progressive Industries EMS cutting the power to the rig. One of the legs would fluctuate from 100-112volts. I was moved to a different site and had the same readings. The maintenance guy was kind and said that he would do what he could to make it right. The office people said that if I wanted to leave they would refund me. I found out that the 400 amp transformer was trying to keep up with a 500 amp demand. All this in 96 degree heat. I do not think I will be returning to this campground. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Make sure that you ask for clean and proper power. As low voltage can effect your electronics and cause your electrical motors to over work.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

This park is a few miles off of the interstate and pretty easy to find as long as you exit on MLK Drive as the website instructs. Interior roads are a mix of paved and very dusty gravel. Sites are a mix of gravel and concrete pads. Sites are long, level, spaced wide and angled to give a feel of spaciousness and making maneuvering easy. Utilities worked well. Wifi worked well. Strong Verizon signal. Laundry is clean and free. The one-room, one occupant bathrooms were clean but the black paint gives a dreary, dungeon feel to them. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $33.00

Great place to camp. Right on the river. Watching the barges going up the river was a treat. Overall a good experience however it had rained and our pull through had a lot of standing water. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Travel Trailer.

I'm sure there is a lot to do but we just relaxed and went barge watching and walked the camp grounds

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $42.00

Stayed here last year and wanted to return and watch the river again. If you've not been, it's a worthwhile stop for a couple of days just to sit and watch the River and the barge traffic. The park is quiet (but for when a river barge is passing) and very peaceful. Memphis is just across the river and Graceland being 15 miles. Super Walmart and a Kroger within minutes and another local grocery - Stimson's Big Star - that is just a couple of minutes closer on Broadway. Plenty of fast food and other dining choices are close by as well. For the "on the river" sites, they offer a section for motorhomes - see the river through the windshield; and a 5th wheel section - see the river from your back window. There are no amenities to speak of but the river itself is the draw. Wifi is offered and is free "but NOT guaranteed." I did try to connect and although connection was easy, I could not open Facebook. I use my Verizon hotspot with unlimited (old plan) data and have a good signal. There is no cable and satellite may be difficult in SOME sites due to large shade trees. I have a good choice of 32 HD OTA channels. There are fishing ponds, a nice hiking trail as well as a huge, well-manicured field if you have a group for football or futbal (soccer). We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $44.00

Only stayed one night but really enjoyed the stay. Had a site right on the river. Nice bench near the riverbank to sit and enjoy watching the river traffic (mainly barges). Full hookups. Nice owners/managers. Level grassy/dirt site long enough to stay hooked up. There were some comments about local neighborhood in previous reviews but we found the short drive off the interstate to be fine. Park was well laid out and easy to get around. Will definitely return if in the Memphis area again. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

We have stayed in this park many times and enjoy the view of the Mississippi River, as well as lots of room to walk the dog and how close it is to Memphis. It's a very unique RV park and we really enjoy it. The ownership has changed since we were here last time and not for the better. Before reading the rest, please know I never complain about the parks and usually my reviews are extremely positive. This experience was NOT. The new owners seem overwhelmed by it all when it's busy. We had a package mailed to us here, which they said was fine to do when I called ahead of time to ask if it was ok. When we went to pick the package up at the office, they said they didn't have it, yet we had confirmation that it had been delivered two days before. Needless to say, we were upset. As it turns out, it was in their mailbox and they never checked it, even though we asked multiple times. Seems this should have occurred to them. We finally looked closer at our confirmation and it said it was in the mailbox, so we checked and there it was. On the way out, the wife pulled my husband over in the RV and then pulled me over in the car and started yelling at us about how upset my husband was when talking to her husband. Well, yes, we were upset. We needed to leave and we knew our package was there and no one was willing to help us. She kept screaming at me about my husband and I finally told her she made her point and I drove off. I am not sure we will stay here again. Definitely didn't like the way we were treated. Too bad. I really like this park, but I was made to feel horrible and it all could have been avoided if the staff had just given a little thought to the situation. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

See CG website to understand outlay of Tom Sawyer. Down stream of Memphis in a large flat flood plain which floods up to 15 feet in high water, has 2 river side and 1 back in the woods loops. Sites all long pullthroughs with good grassy spacing and ESW. Upstream loop has level sites with lots of large shade trees and a trailer mounted bathhouse that can be removed with floods. No playground or swimming pools. Great open spaces view of huge CG, the sky, river and opposite bank with lots of huge barges passing by all day and night. Several large treehouses in the woods and several tent areas. We really enjoyed our beautiful scenery stay. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $49.00

This is our favorite commercial park. Our site was paved, level, and right on the Mississippi River. We could either relax in our chairs and watch the barges go by or walk down to the bank and sit on the rocks to watch the river traffic. The riverside sites have no shade. On the way back home we stopped here again and stayed in site 32 which has good shade. It was further back from river but still had a river view. If it is cool enough to sleep with the windows open, you can hear the barges going by in the night. Anyone who ever read Tom Sawyer as a child will love it! We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Travel Trailer.

Put on some bug spray and take a lawn chair down to the edge of the river to watch the barges float by.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

This is an interesting park situated right on the banks of the mighty Mississippi river. The "riverside" sites are much more desirable than the sites set back in the trees. Unfortunately, we had one of the dirt sites so we were sweeping out the coach on pretty regular basis-but that's camping! Watching the barges move up and down the river was fun, and with the wide open spaces, this is a dog owners paradise. The park is fairly big and they have plans to add more sites in the near future. Maybe they will invest in the existing dirt sites and add concrete pads, plus paved interior roads. That would make this park exceptional. We camped at Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park

Are you affiliated with Tom Sawyer's Mississippi River Park ?