Chetwynd, British Columbia

Chetwynd, British Columbia V0C 1J0

Recent Rate: $25 9/2016

• Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

This was just an overnight stay on our trip. The park is simple but they had full hookups.

The young lady that checked me in was pleasant and helpful. Sites were all pull through as far as I could tell. This time of year she just said pick any open site. Sites were huge but we had a lot of slope on ours and ran out of travel on our jacks. Luckily we had leveling pads

We didn't notice the train tracks went right by the edge of the park until a train came through. Luckily that was in the morning and not the middle of the night. A good and very cheap place to spend a few nights We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

Nice quiet park. A little improved each time we stop. Clean restrooms/showers. Some spaces a little muddy when it rains. We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $30.00

Pulled in late. The man who helped us was friendly and accommodating. Allowed us to pick a spot, and let us stay past check out to finish up laundry. A great night. Train came through about 930 pm and 9 am. Not bad though. We would stay here again if passing through. We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Center loop

Close to town and lots of room to get around.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $30.00

We stayed for 1 night, great value as compared to most others. Train track ? Hwy 97 nearby , no problem. Pull through s were flat with mowed weeds/grass. Gravel pad. WiFi excellent with no booster, Good drinking water from well(my old profession) Bed and Breakfast on property, a couple of construction workers there, working on bridge down the road. Diffinently recommend as higher end rustic. We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $30.00

Most sites were fairly level and reasonably smooth, with 4 short term/overnighter RV's, and maybe 10 that appeared to be long term, with roughly 20 sites total available. I had no problems finding a good site. Roads were dirt, with some gravel. "Ground cover" was mowed weeds, with some grass, but looked ok. It was green. Restrooms and especially showers were particularly clean and nice. My wife and I were impressed. Wifi worked fine, with two transmitters; one near the office (get a site close to the office), and the other on a tall pole. I had 100% signal strength, but use an Alfa extender, purchased through Amazon. I find the extender extremely helpful with having a trailer with aluminum sides.

Overall price was a little under $30, with the Good Sam discount and BC taxes.

There were few mosquitoes in the afternoon, but more at night -a welcome relief from the Provincial Parks where I had been staying the past few days.

I was fortunate to not have rain like the other reviewer, and was very happy with the campground. We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $30.00

This was the first time I ever drove out of a park that I had planned to stay in. I had driven by this park numerous times in the past in my bi-annual treks between Alaska and the lower-48 and from the highway, it looked like a really nice place. But in the past, I was just in the wrong place for me to overnight there since I'm usually trying to cover a certain distance every day. The spring 2015 trip though, I planned the day's travel to include a stop at this park since I had made a note the two previous trips to check it out. Mind you, I knew about the train tracks and had no issue with it. I am a railroader by profession so being around a little, occasional train noise was a non-issue.

What I DID have an issue with was the condition of the place. I was told on the phone that for a late check-in to drive in, pick a spot, and they would find me later. No problem. When I got there I found the upper level 30A sites too crowded, so I opted for the 15A sites on the lower terrace, which were grass and near the tree line. But after I got leveled, which is a whole story unto itself, I discovered there was no running water. So then I walked up to the 30A sites to check the water and find a site. While the water was running there, the sites were all deeply rutted mud and not a single one was dry or level. I found the "best of the worst" and brought the trailer up only to discover I could not level it without unhooking, which I don't want to do on overnighters. In the process, both myself and my truck/trailer were getting covered in mud so I decided to move on. For an "all-year" park, I can't help but wonder if the owners have ever bought a load of gravel for the place. Then, the inability to level without unhooking was the deciding factor. So I moved on to a less pretty, but more functional site in Dawson Creek. We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

gdg

Date of Stay: August, 2014

In all fairness we tried to find a site that was level on a hot day after a long day of driving and just gave up. ( Self service parking). It was impossible to level the motorhome using stabilizers. So we pulled out of the campground without registering. I gave this campground a five based on the fact that the sites were so poorly graded, a railroad track ran right beside the campground, and there was no shade available for the motorhome. It's basically an open field with some trees around the perimeter. Perhaps others may have had better luck with this park. We camped at Caron Creek RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Caron Creek RV Park?