8.6 Excellent

• Pit Toilets Pit Toilets yes
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Free WiFi Free WiFi yes
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Rogers, Telus, Bell Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,Rogers,Telus,Bell
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $33.00

After driving the Alaska Highway and then the Stewart-Cassier, it was nice to return to civilization. We booked for 2 nights but stayed 6 nights. This is a lovely open campground, located on the grounds of 'Ksan Historical village in Hazelton. There are full service (30 amp) and unserviced sites. Sites are nicely spaced with grass and each has a fire ring and picnic table. WiFi is excellent, at least for the sites closest to the office(# 1-8, 16-22). There is a playground for children and a covered shelter for cooking. As the campground is situated at the junction of the Sikanni and Bulkley rivers, fishing from "the point" (located in the campground) is excellent. $33.50 for a full service pull-through with a double discount (10% GS + 10% seniors). Washing of vehicles at your site is permitted. There is only one washer and dryer, $2 each. Washrooms are dated but reasonably clean. We camped at K'san Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Take the tour of the Longhouses and if there on a Wednesday, take in the Yukw, a cultural performance held in one of the longhouses. On Sundays there is a farmers market on the grounds of the Visitor Information Centre on Hwy # 16.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $34.00

Our second year staying here. Stayed a week, but our sightseeing was limited due to the BC wildfires. Plenty of firewood, but the burn ban was in effect. No campfires. A GREAT park, well maintained and a super location right on the river. Highly recommended !! We camped at K'san Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

Spacious campsites. Level. In a wooded area (dry) or open area with services. Some sites near beautiful river. No power at our site, but can use generator. Pleasant park. We camped at K'san Campground in a Travel Trailer.

No Others In Sight, Spacious

Hello Moaboy,

we are very glad you enjoyed your stay! We thoroughly enjoyed having you be here seeing out beautiful area. I sincerely hope you have a safe trip and come back again sometime.

Gya'am niin! ("See you later in Gitxsanimx)

- Damon R

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

I came here on my way to Anchorage. I almost missed out on this gem in the field. The campground is immaculate and the sites are large enough for my hookup. The service was friendly. Manager came around and shook my hand and treated me as though I was a distant relative. Very friendly place. We came up while the river was high so we didn't get a chance to walk the riverside trail but there were a few other ones to choose from. We camped at K'san Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Reserve at the Rainbow Restaurant in New Hazelton. Best Chinese place on our trip so far.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $42.00

I stayed here before in around 2009, and my oh my has it changed. New Management, New Employees and now they even have good wifi that is camp wide. The service has improved ten-fold, the woman at the counter told me about the locations near the area and if you look hard enough you can see there is quite a bit - a lot more than we thought last time! We no longer will pass this place like we used to, they earned my loyalty back. We camped at K'san Campground in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

The theatre in town actually plays new movies. it is worth checking out if you're here over the weekend. $9 3D movies plus cheap popcorn that tastes amazing! They use actual butter! Almost makes me want to come here for every movie - and I live in PG! They offer discounts at local stores if you keep the reciept. If you're here, make sure you go down the trails to the river. It's the best photo opportunity in town.

Hello AustinGwants,

we are glad you found your most recent stay to be worth such praise. We wish you well on the rest of your road trip and want you to know that you are welcome back any time.

Hami'yaa ("Thank you" in Gitxsan)

'Ksan Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

We loved this campground! Our gravel site was spacious and level. All utilities worked extremely well. Electric was strong and stable. Water pressure was crowding 50 psi, so advise use a regulator. Sewer port was clean and accessible. The WiFi in this park, which I'm assuming is satellite based, was the best I've seen since we left home. Stable and quite fast. Cellular and data were also available. The campground is situated on the banks of the Skeena River and there are several paths that provide access. A short walk will take you into the old section of Hazelton which is charming. We would gladly stay here again. We camped at K'san Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Have dinner at Rob's in New Hazelton. (Reservations highly recommend.)

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $32.00

One of the best we have stayed at in Canada and Alaska in the last 70 days on the road. Clean and well kept, friendly staff. All utilities worked great. Situated close to the river and the museum. Also gets you a discount at the local store and gas station. Nice level sites, spacious, plenty of grass, fire ring and table. Would go out of the way to stay here again. We camped at K'san Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Small café at the museum, but they close early.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $38.00

Wide, long spacious sites, dirt/grass surface but level. 30 amp power, water pressure good with sewer. Utilities are well placed. Wi-Fi is strong: best of any campground I've been in. About 50 sites, very few long-term residents. Interior roads are wide and paved. Park was immaculately clean. Most sites are pull-thru.

If you stay at the campground you get a .05/liter discount at the local Esso station and 10% off at the local grocery store.

Scenery is excellent with Mountain views to the east and west with a river running beside the camp. We camped at K'san Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Dirt, Grass

Park is right beside Ksan historic village.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $37.00

This is in response mostly to kmghmg negative review of this park. After reading this and another negative review we almost passed over this gem and I am so glad we didn't. We are early in the year so the office was closed when we pulled in. We found a site with an open shot to the sky and hooked up with Directv. In the process of setting up, we were welcomed by the manager Ross McRae who was bubbling over with enthusiasm about the park and the history of Hazelton. Being local First Nation, he is fully invested in the area. I don't think I have ever felt so welcomed to a park. He is passionate about the history here and wants everyone who visits to have a positive experience. He invited me back to the office where he provided a map of the area along with personal commentary on the history of the area.
The park itself is drop dead gorgeous. It is surrounded by snow capped mountains and at the edge of a beautiful river. The sites are separated by 15' to 25' of grassy area. The access roads are well paved. Do I wish we had 50 amps? Yes. Oh well. The wifi worked well but even if it didn't I had a strong 4g signal I could use.
I will not be influenced by a snitty negative review again. We camped at K'san Campground in a Motorhome.

DamonR, employee at K'san Campground responded to this review

Thank you for the very kind review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our campground. Hamiyaa (Thank you*) and Gya'am Niin! (See you later*)

~ 'Ksan Staff

*Words followed by translation are Gitxsan Words

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $22.00

A few miles off the primary highway, but the countryside is fantastic (and I love the First Nation Totem Poles in the area). Sites options are either hook up or dry camp. Gravel pads with picnic tables. Grass areas were overgrown with dandilions and grass. Lots of overgrown trees, especially along roadway behind office (where most dry camp sites were) - recommend you do not take your rig through that area is you like your paint.
Bath house was an older facility, we did not use them - they did have 1 washer & dryer in a laundry room.
Staff was friendly and helpful.
We took a dry site that backed on the to Stikine River - could see evidence of a large animal having walked through the deep grass behind our site, but we did not see any during our stay. The views of the Hazelton mountains are all around, STUNNING!
They had a dump station and potable water for those that chose to dry camp. We camped at K'san Campground in a Truck Camper.

Dirt, Grass

Visit the Ksan Village - the Long Houses are fascinating and the stories and history of First Nation people is interesting.

DamonR, employee at K'san Campground responded to this review

Thank you for the review!

I feel we have to touch on the cleanliness of the park grounds a tad. During the time of your stay, we were in a rush to clean and tidy the park and were in the midst of clearing the brush, overgrown grass, etc. that surrounded the park. It saddens myself that you did not have the opportunity to see our campground in a clean matter. However, much has changed since your departure and we would hope to see you again.

Hamiyaa (Thank you) and Gya'am Niin (See you later)

~ 'Ksan Staff

*Words followed by translations are from our traditional Gitxsan language.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

This is a First Nations park, next to recreated First Nations village of Ksan. A beautiful spot on the river, with great historical information provided. Be sure to visit when Ksan Heritage Dancers are performing. We camped at K'san Campground in a Motorhome.

Fishing in river as well as visiting Old Hazelton and Ksan Village

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $37.00

The power was not good at all. Good water pressure. Sites pretty level. Quite. Price was a little high for what you got. Said they have WIFI but I could not get anything. Would skip this one if in the area again. We camped at K'san Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $32.00

I realize others have given this park high marks, but we felt the park was quite disappointing. Despite reading here on this website that the park has 50 amp power, it evidently does not (we checked almost all the sites). We asked the guy at the office about it, and he didn't know (and truly didn't care to help us), so he told us to just walk around looking for ourselves. Their internet within the park itself had been vandalized, according to the office guy, so we had to sit at the office to get access. There was a pile of trash under the picnic table when we arrived. There are evidently no park rules (could be both good and bad), no map of the property, etc. There's not much else to choose from in the area. On the positive side, it's very easy to get around inside the park - good roads and wide spaces - and it has full hookups. We wouldn't stay here again though. Too many negatives. We camped at K'san Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $32.00

Beautiful campground on the river, however you can only see a very small part of the river because the grass is so high. Mosquitos were prevalent. I would have given them a 10, except for both days we were there, they were mowing and/or weed eating. Which I understand needs done, but I could have had the whole place done in one day, the fella was so slow. The desk person had no personality and offered very little direction, we had to pull it out of her. The spot was flat, hook-ups were great and the area offered a lot to see, with a really nice museum within walking distance. We camped at K'san Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $42.00

Nice RV park for short stay. Countryside views are outstanding. WiFi is only available at the store or 1 or 2 sites very near. Level 30 amp full hookup grass pull-through sites. Hard to get reservations and people are not too knowledgeable. We camped at K'san Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with K'san Campground ?