Paradise Valley RV Campground

Recent Rate: $40 9/2014

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no

tundraboomer

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $40.00

I stayed here just overnight on my way through. It was a Sunday night, the camp hosts were very kind on the phone and set me up for a late check-in. Everything was in order when I got there and I quickly found my spot and set up. I was only one of about 5 campers in the place so it was peaceful and quiet. On the way in I realized I was driving into a moderate rain forest...literally. This campground is under the canopy of a genuine rain forest. As such, roadways and spaces are tight. I have a small TT, no issues. I can imagine it would be a nightmare for a large TT or 5er or a Class A. The overhang is tight, but that is part of the charm of the campground. I kept expecting a dinosaur to appear, clomping around the fern covered forest floor. If you have kids, their imaginations will run wild! Likes: Neat location under the tree canopy, decent size spaces, fire pit, picnic table, full hook-ups. Dislikes: Sewer hook-up was almost out of reach without an extension hose. For as wet a location as this is, more gravel in the spaces would be nice. Lot's of mud when it rains. Back-in spaces only. No cell service and no internet. I was traveling alone on this trip, with only my dogs, but I would have enjoyed this much more if I had my kids with me. For one thing, they love trains. There is a CN line right behind the campground along the property line. I could hear and see the trains from my space. None at night, thankfully, and the line is not heavily used. But the kids would have been thrilled to go camping in a rain forest and also be able to watch the trains from our site. This is also convenient to the West Coast Rail Museum in Squamish, the reason I took this little detour over the Sea to Sky Highway to begin with. It is a wonderful museum and would be a lot of fun for any kid, young or old, who loves trains. I will also add that I had a minor repair item on my trailer on the roof, but no way to get up there until I went to check out the next morning and the camp hosts were happy to loan me a ladder. They were very kind and overall, provided an excellent experience that I wish I had time to enjoy for more than an overnight stay. We camped at Paradise Valley RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

labbysmom

Date of Stay: August, 2007 - $30.00

The owners of this private campground keep it clean and well run. If they trimmed their trees more, they could accommodate larger rigs because these sites are huge. We were in a 32' Cardinal with 2 slides and our unit is tall. It was a bit dicey trying to maneuver the tree branches. We were with family who were tenting and the one washroom facility near us was either running out of toilet paper or the toilet was plugged. Suggest they monitor that washroom more and perhaps build another one. A close walk to the river or several scenic trails. We camped at Paradise Valley RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Paradise Valley RV Campground?