This Campground has been claimed.
Questions? Contact support.

Capilano RV Park

Recent Rate: $50 6/2015

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

Presidio40

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $50.00

Location, Location, Location... bike to downtown or take the bus. Sites are narrow so sometimes you can't fully extend awnings but park has nice atmosphere. Lots of families here. The pool is nice and many people do use it. Some noise from the bridge traffic but nothing major. Price is high for the size of site but since you have no other park around... pay and don't look back...

Park Royal mall just across the street. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

You can bike on a bike trail over the bridge all the way downtown

gypsy parrotheads

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $42.00

This camp is all about location. Situated on the north side of the Lion's Gate bridge, we biked over the bridge and your right in Stanley Park-Vancouver. You can easily bike around the whole downtown area from here. Sites are narrow, but your not staying here to enjoy the park. They have an indoor hot tub that was nice and clean. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Stayed here 3 nights. Would recommend it. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

sheltieRV

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $66.00

Reviews of how narrow the sites are not lying. Our awning can only go half way out and we had to have employee move neighbors awning on other side so we can get our slide out (he grumbled about why they let wide rigs in the park). When I called for reservations, I was told the 50 amp had more space...NOT TRUE. There are mostly permanents in the 50 amp area so you will be packed in. 30 amp rows, while still a lot of perms, had more open spaces, so you might not have someone next to you. If you have a 5th wheel with slides, best bet is to get next to a Class C (which again means getting 30 amps). We cut down our stay here as we will be getting claustrophobic soon. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

WillieBilly

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $59.00

This could be a great park with 150 sites. The problem is they have stuffed 209 sites into the location. Sites have a concrete pad 8 feet wide and there is 10 feet of grass between the pads. Most motor homes are wider than 8 feet so one walks on the grass regardless of how one parks. OK if it's dry, but different in the rain. With slides out on adjacent vehicles, there is no space for the picnic table. And the rig behind us was three feet from our rear. Interior roads are narrow. We had to move our dingy which was parked on our site (at 9:00 p.m.) so a trailer could maneuver into the site across from us. Tight quarters to say the least. And the indifferent office staff (borderline rude) didn't help either. Fortunately we were in the front of the park. Sites at the rear get a lot of road noise from the highway a short distance away. Lots of long term residents despite the high price. We would not stay here again. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

Jaclyn

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $45.00

Very clean park. Sites were close together. Pool was dirty. Bathrooms were very clean, and the showers were wonderful; the best I've seen at a campground in North America. It is very close to the Lions Gate Bridge, which connects West Vancouver to downtown Vancouver, therefore it is 10 minutes from downtown Vancouver, and even closer to Stanley Park; however, the traffic noise is awful. Great park if you want to stay right in Vancouver, just don't forget your ear plugs! We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

1imperial1

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $57.00

Location to the City of Vancouver is ideal. With that said, I must also indicate some of the faults. With a 40' MH, you are limited in the number of spaces that are available. Also, your next door neighbor is Really Close. With my small slide, I had to ask my neighbor if he could bring his awning in (that's pretty close!). The Wi-Fi there is very spotty and again very slow. TV reception by Cable is poor. Lots of tent campers and smaller camper. Your only other option is in Burnaby and it's also has really tiny (based on USA standards) spaces. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

kimberlyg

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $60.00

Wi-Fi was the biggest headache while here. Really needed to use our Verizon Jetpack which required purchasing extra data capacity. The sites are very narrow, but doable. Biggest plus is the location, as we had a conference downtown to attend. Campground also central to tourist sites like Suspension Bridge, Stanley Park and Granville Island. Took the ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo then back from Swartz Bay to Tsawassen. Good drives both AM and PM when visiting Victoria. Clean park, good laundry, staff OK, maybe new employee up front, so a little confusing at first, esp as we added a day on front of stay and no 50 amp available. Didn't need it as cool weather, so stayed in 30 amp site. Tree prevented satellite, which was a bummer. Some long term campers there. Would stay there again if in area. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

Sopkat

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $44.00

Good, clean park, nothing outstanding but nothing bad either. Did have problems with their Wi-fi but managed to connect to one called Linksys. I suspect this is the office one and luckily we parked close. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

Travels with Angel

Date of Stay: March, 2013 - $30.00

We really enjoyed the location to Vancouver and the walking paths along the river. The bathhouse was one of the nicest we have experienced. The park is well-maintained. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

eaf14131

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $37.00

BE CAREFUL! They have a very convoluted idea of what partial service is. It's not water and electric as most other CG's use - it's 15 amp only and water. If you want 30 amp they use a different description. 15 amp service is caused by a 30 amp receiver with a 15 amp breaker. Is a little tight too. I'd guess 15' for the previously mentioned 15 amp partial sites. Wi-Fi is very strong and fairly fast. Gray Lines will pick you up at the park for their "City Tour". It's good. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

User2153

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $60.00

This park was a great place for us to view Vancouver from. It's very clean and the staff are very friendly. The pool was kept immensely clean, the showers / bathrooms were also in good working order and cleaned regularly. Laundry was cheap ($2.00 per load) and the playground was great for kids. Would recommend requesting site close to playground as kids had a blast. The only reason this isn't a 10 and something to consider, the noise of the Lion's Gate was hard to adjust to. In a tent trailer, it was quite loud. Bring earplugs! We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

CDN_Taxman

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $75.00

Very nice park and the only one of two in and near Vancouver that takes pets. Very tight spots but very pretty cedar hedges throughout. Not a great place to stay if you plan on staying put (due to tightness) but if you're there to sight see, very nice, clean and secure. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

misspcamper

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $62.00

We made reservations in March of 2011. At the time of the reservations we were told that the amenities included Wi-Fi throughout the park, cable, 30/50 amp hook ups, pets OK, and the nightly fee was $49.00. Upon arrival were were charged $62.00 per nite, no cable, only hot spot Wi-Fi, no pets, no 50 amp service, and a site that is so narrow our awnings touch the neighbors. When we questioned the nightly rate we were quoted, we were basically told that they would not honor anything that was previously quoted, and yes were were indeed getting less services for more money. We were never given a courtesy call to inform us of the increase in fees and the decrease in service. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

rvrenterfromCA

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $67.00

I reserved a spot at this RV park for 3 nights. Good thing I called to confirm the morning of my check-in because they had me coming in the next day! When I checked in they failed to ask me for my AAA card and I had forgotten to enter it online when I made my reservation. When I heard them ask another customer 2 days later I asked if I could get a refund of the 10% since I am also a AAA member. She said yes and I proceeded to get my CC to give her. When I came back with my card she told me I should have paid better attention because it was too late. Also, spaces are so cramped that we moved spots 3 times, when we opened our slide out in 1 spot it went over the next person's picnic table! When I mentioned this to the lady in the office she told me that I should just leave since it wasn't good. She also told me that if I write bad reviews I will be blacklisted and not allowed to stay there any more (I have no intention of ever going back there)! The main bathrooms and showers are also moldy and very dirty. Do not stay here unless you don't mind sleeping with the neighbors and getting a fungal infection! We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Motorhome.

ScottandNev

Date of Stay: May, 2011 - $35.00

We had a site right next to the road so you could still hear all the traffic.It is good enough for camping for a night or two. It is close to everything. We camped at Capilano RV Park in a Tent.

Are you affiliated with Capilano RV Park?