This Campground has been claimed.
Questions? Contact support.

Acton / Los Angeles North KOA

Recent Rate: $49 9/2014

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?

DayTripper2015

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $49.00

Strictly a place to stay, overnight. Located off the Antelope Valley Freeway (14) on Soledad Canyon Road (exit 11) the park is about 6 miles off the freeway, so it in an out of the way location. Gravel, and a few shade trees, level sites. Bathrooms and showers were spotless when we were here. No TV reception at all! Must have a satellite dish. The WiFi (Tengo Internet) is open and doesn't require a password, but is a slow as can be, and very spotty. Cell service for AT&T was non existent as well as Verizon (no signal) Sprint phone was able to dial out ok. Heavy canyon winds make for a dusty experience, plus the LA Metrolink trains that come through every 25 minutes can make for an interesting stay. There are some permanent residents here as well, that are co-mingled with the regular clientele. You can hear Lions roar at night that come from Tippi Hedren's house (Shambala), so don't be alarmed. They're caged and it's safe. Like I said at the beginning of this review, strictly a place to overnight, and it would be an out of the way over night. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Tampajohn

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $3.00

Middle of the road. No TV reception and Cell signal really weak, (Sprint). Has possibilities, but staff not real friendly. Bathrooms were damaged with vandals (kids). They tried to fix them, but not whole lot of improvement. No toliet paper, holes in walls. One bathroom was fairly new, but others needed improvement. They are doing something with the kiddie pool, but I think time would best be served elsewhere. We are Thousand Trails Members and will not go back even though it is the closest one to LA, unless we can not get in another one. People next to us in a Class A was really upset and wrote them really a nasty letter. Did a lot of walking and Acton was ok: really small town. We went to Palmdale to shop. Showers were broken: had to turn them on and off. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

taylorandassociate

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $38.00

This looked to be a great place to stay with the access to Pacific Crest Trail and Los Angeles. But to our surprise it was noisy with trains all night and the neighbor's parties (employees). I tried to get my children into the arcade, but it was full of adults yelling and screaming. They did have some interesting attractions; down the road is a big cat compound called 'Shambala' which was very much fun. Thank goodness for Six Flags, 45 minutes away. I just wouldn't recommend this place due to the extended stay people. I could smell marijuana all night the first night and beer the second. Not a very good place for families. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

travelcouple

Date of Stay: March, 2011 - $38.00

I camped here for one night en-route up to Alabama Hills by Lone Pine. My site, space 55, was a dirt pull through site. The site was long enough that I was able to keep my truck hooked up (total length 51 feet) and still easily be off the roads to the front and rear of my site. I had to use one ½ inch board to level side to side. There was a huge, neat tree just east of my site. The site had a picnic table. AT&T cell does not work in the campground. Verizon users were able to text but not make voice calls. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. There was a creek about 10 yards from my site. The water was rushing, probably due to recent rain and snow. There was a train track 75 – 100 past the creek. Four trains came by during my stay. Trains were loud but I didn’t feel any shaking. A unique sound was that two or three times we heard lion’s roar. The office staff told us there was a game preserve called Shimbala just up the road so don’t be afraid if you hear a lion’s roar. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. I would estimate that over one half of the sites are occupied by full time residents. Unlike some campgrounds I have been in, most of the rigs were well maintained and the residents were friendly. I read about the staff in prior reviews and wasn’t sure what to expect. When I checked in, I asked the girl at the front desk if AT&T worked any where in the park. She told me no, but let me use the KOA hard line to call home and let my wife know I had arrived safely. A friend was going to meet me at the KOA, later that night. She waived the extra vehicle fee and gave me a pass to put on his car when he arrived. When I was leaving the next morning, she asked if there was anything the KOA could do to make my stay more pleasant. When I was walking around the campground, one of the KOA staff drove up, asked if he could help with anything. We talked about 10 minutes and as he left he said be sure to let the staff know if anything could be done to make my stay more enjoyable. There are not enough activities in the area to draw me back to this campground. How ever if I was passing through, I would not hesitate to stop for a night. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

verawang

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $25.00

OMG this is a KOA? Haha. Won't come back here. Weird store hours. Uninformed camp workers or heavy drinkers. Former flower child. Just a few of the strange workers. Should have been a good stay with the access to Pacific Crest Trail that we wanted. We have headed to the north for better accommodations. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Sue H

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $39.00

We LOVED this campground! The view is very beautiful; at night you can hear the lions roar from Shambala Preserve just down the road from the campground. The staff is very friendly; the park facilities are very clean; and the location is very private. This is a campground you'd want to go to if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of life. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Motorhome.

dlawlawyer

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $32.00

Small sites very crowded with extended stay campers. Could have been a good place with the creek and all. The bathrooms were filthy and the office staff was like children and laughed at me when I mentioned the trash. Where is management. Maybe the owner doesn't care. Won't return. Too much drinking and drugs for a KOA. Smelled Marijuana all night long. Dirty everything, even the store. Won't return. Went down the road to a better place. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

ddlawyer9

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $32.00

I read the last review and wondered what park were they at? It wasn't this KOA with the trains all night and the dust. Truly out of the way except a very busy road. Nothing to do but stare at the walls. The shuffle board sticks were worn out and Horseshoe pits needed to be maintained. What friendly staff? I had to return 3 times to get a spot that wasn't already taken. The staff acted like I was disturbing them. No one even tried to apologize for any inconvenience for me. Yes, the trash cans were over flowing. The dogs are off of leases and there is dog excrement everywhere. I won't stay here again. Not a KOA. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Motorhome.

dntaprir2929

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $30.00

Is this campground for real? KOA? Very questionable. The bathrooms were filthy and no toilet paper. I have been here 3 times before, and it was much better then. What happened to the wonderful office staff and the campground workers. The trash cans are overflowing, and no one bothers to check to see if we are happy. Went to the office and told the 'child' behind the desk what the problem was, and she chuckled and said it would be taken care of, but to no avail. Not only did I have a problem with the grounds and workers but also being yelled out by someone living near the stairs saying I was too noisy walking down them. This campground has many things to offer if it was kept up. The game room smelled of gasoline. They have a well used pool table and the cue sticks need to be replaced. I will never return to this campground and will tell all not to come here also. The management is lacking in professionalism and is lacking in general. My family and I stayed here in March 2010, May 2010 and July 2010 with no problems. The staff was polite and helpful as well as the grounds were kept clean and orderly. Did you sell this to someone or don't you care anymore? We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Truck Camper.

wuwu2222

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $30.00

The rating on this campground should be a MINUS 2. The people were rude and too young to be running a campground. I'm in my early 30's and these two were more childish than my 4 year old. The manager was unavailable the whole time. The couple at the stairs were rude and angry people. They yelled at my children in the play ground. We wished we had never stayed here. We stayed the 2 nights but wanted to leave the first minute we checked in. Thanks for nothing. The trash was blowing everywhere. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Truck Camper.

riche2999

Date of Stay: December, 2010 - $35.00

To start with the 'trains' run all night long and most of the day. The campground would have been tolerable except for the sites were cramped and there are lots of long stay campers. The staff in the office needs to be replaced. Rude and abrasive. There was one camper who told us about some fun things to do in the area: hiking trails, Six Flags, etc. I want to thank her as it made the stay wonderful. The Christmas train was fun too, thanks. The staff here recommended another campground that was just the pits. Check out my other reviews to see. Will not come back. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

vindisher

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $35.00

This is the 3 time to try to rate this park. The park is nice and could use some up grades. The bathrooms were clean when we were there. Looked like some games were there, but we didn't play. Close to area fun. The staff needs to be replaced. The office people are too young and silly or old and rude. We talked to friends, and they said this is something new, and the other staff people were better. Where are they? We will not return. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Motorhome.

smileycamper

Date of Stay: November, 2010 - $35.00

What a wonderful campground located in the hills near Los Angeles. The new staff was absolutely amazing, compared to some of the employees they had during our last visit. There used to be a heavy set older woman in the office that was plain and simply despicable. With the fresh polite new staff our views have gone from not returning, to absolutely making this our number one camping spot. Plus the bathrooms were in spectacular shape. We will definitely be returning to the smiling faces of this wonderful new staff. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

fisage1235

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $10.00

This campground is lovely with all the trees and the big cat preserve next door. The store seemed to have lots of items necessary for camping. Has lots of parking and a beautiful swimming pool. There is some bad with all this good. A short older woman in the store was about as rude as she could be. I asked for information and she just ignored me. My wife asked and the woman said that she would get to her when she had time. This was during a car show but we were the only ones in the store and this woman didn't seem to be doing anything at all. My family and I are looking forward to our trip here in the spring and hope this womans' attitude improves. We enjoyed the car show and the restrooms were very clean but a little busy. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Motorhome.

maclingo

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $29.00

This is a really nice campground with level sites, and lots of birds to look at. The recreation rooms were well kept up. The bathrooms were clean. There were games to play but I didn't have time. The only concern I have is that there was a camp worker who came and ate with our big group and proceeded to bad mouth certain workers. She was not very nice about it either. Several people voiced their opinion about this situation and said they didn't appreciate it. We will be having several other trips to this campground and don't want to have the same situation occur. We don't want to have to find another campground due to this infraction on the worker's part. We camped at Acton / Los Angeles North KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Acton / Los Angeles North KOA?