Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails

Acton, California 93510

Longitude: -118.20790

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $3.00

Others have spelled out most of the good and bad about this park, but I notice that cell reception in section K has improved considerably since I visited in 2016. I'm getting very good speeds on both ATT & Verizon, ATT seems better. No booster, no extra antennas. But I think it's only good up toward the northeast end of the section, it might still be spotty farther down. Electricity usually works but use an outlet tester before settling on a site, I've found reversed polarity a couple of times. And keep an eye on the voltage, it's usually pretty low. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Section K

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $1.00

This is a canyon area. No grass. Just dust, but again...it's a canyon and an hour away from LA. 10 miles to the metro line. The only weird thing about this camp was we had to share water with our neighbor site. Pressure was low. The electricity also kept cutting off, but other than that it was fine. The trains are loud but I don't expect thousand trails parks to be a 5 star hotel. The people were loud but they were having so much fun. Happiness is good. The clerks were courteous and checkin was a breeze. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

Metro line is 10 miles away.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $1.00

Where do I even begin. Thousand Trails parks are usually older and not well maintained, but this one is at the bottom of our list. The only reason we stayed here was to visit family camping there. First of all is the train that runs RIGHT NEXT to the property. We've been places before with train noise, but this one runs at least every hour in the morning for commuters into LA and then starting at noon they run the other direction until late in the evening....not to mention the regular trains running through. Unfortunately there is a crossing just before and just after the park so you get the train whistle twice. We like our privacy and the side-by-side utility posts made that impossible as your door opens up right in front of your neighbor's. 50 amp sites are shown on the map as only in B section, but there are a few in N section (the map in general is very poor). To get to N though, you have to go outside the park and in a back entrance (the bridge has been out for about a year with no obvious intent to repair). There is such a steep hill leading down to N with a very sharp turn that I don't recommend it for bigger rigs. The dirt roads and sites are so dusty that you can't open up. There are lots of mature trees (very little chance of getting satellite but we found a place) but no landscaping or grass. We'll never be back. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

B67 gets satellite

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $1.00

They lost my package. Tried to talk to manager and he was too busy. I left a message but he never called me. Maintance is non existant. On Monday afternoon trash all over the park - did not see anyone picking up trash. Volleyball court has grass growing in the sand. Pool looked nice but tools were thown in a corner with trash. Underground watering system is hit and miss with some sprinker heads broken and laying on ground. Will not return. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

B112

Featured Campgrounds Near Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $1.00

Hard to find working electric on top and nearly impossible to get 50 amp. My guess is that 25% of sites are closed! Seem to be near where cabins are so maybe that used all the available power. Road washed out to top so must enter up hill before main entrance if coming from north. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

Visit crazy Ottos for breakfast. Vincent grade food was disappointing especially for price. Convient to take train in to la union station.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $1.00

This is a large park. Checked reviews before arrival so we knew we needed to be in the "N" section for internet and satellite. We had Verizon4G in the "N" section. Internet is available through the park, but is limited by time and you have to sign up for an hour of service per day. We used our own Verizon internet. The "N" section is accessed by leaving the park and driving to a seperate entrance, as the bridge connection is no longer in use. The park has the usual Thousand Trail ammenities. We would stay there again if in the area. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

We drove the Musical Road in Lancaster. The Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve had no flowers this year due to the drought. Grocery stores, Walmart, Costco and other stores available in Palmdale/Lancaster.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $1.00

Second time here. It has been cleaned up very nicely. Full hookup level dirt 30/50 amp sites. "B" section has most of the pull thru 50 amp sites. Very little cell service and you only get 1 hour of free WIFI at the adult center per day. We had no electrical problems as outlined in other reviews. The bridge inside the park is still washed out, but most of the pool, store etc are in the main part. Side by side hookups so very close. Will stay again. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

B44

Vasquez Rocks are 15 minutes away for any "Star Trek" fans or many westerns were filmed.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $1.00

If you stayed here 20 years ago, you'll be disgusted. If you stayed here 5 years ago, you'll be pleased. Please read our "hints" to avoid frustration about the electrical issues caused by the aging aluminum wiring! We planned on staying in "N" to get decent cell coverage, but it was a dirt-filled barren lot. All of the "good view" sites in N were on some kind of lease, or occupied. So, after causing $$$ damage to a fiberglass door on one of the tight turns in N, we went to the very pretty B section. There the electrical gave us fits. Fortunately, being slow season we could move around a bit until clean power could be found. Cell service was one bar, but our jet-pack managed to work for internet. Yes, the trains go by pretty close (about 15 times a day), but after a while the noise was no big deal (for us). The employees here were very nice, and certainly doing their best to make up for years of too-long-deferred maintenance by Equity Lifestyle. The Maint guys were fast to respond, and the friendly office staff allow you to ship in UPS/FedEx/USPS packages (no mail), for no extra fee. They post your name on a bulletin board when ready for pick-up! The only pool open was 78 degrees...sorry that's too cold for anybody except Olympians! Make sure you take notice how your space is configured. Some don't have two sets of hook-ups on the same pole. That means your entry is facing your neighbors. Great for friends travelling together...but that new neighbor with 4 of their kids riding under your awning, and knocking over your gas BBQ might not be fun for you either. Overall, most of the previously reported-on "residents" have been evicted...you'll find their displeasure posted on places like Yahoo reviews. Now, there is a crack-down on junky RV's...GOOD! Bottom line... The staff is doing really well with what they have been given, and we all seem to hold out hope that the parent company will continue to invest in this beautiful location. IMPORTANT>>> Be sure to test your electrical connection for "open ground", or other issues PRIOR to setting up. If you don't have a tester, or a surge guard to provide protection...you are risking significant electrical damage to your rig! We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

B112

Tight Turns, Obstacles

Don Chato Mexican food...awesome! The Metroliner train (station 10 min away) is 10 bucks for a all-day pass on weekends. Went to LA Union Station, be sure to visit Philippe's the Original hot roast beef sandwich place.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $1.00

This was our second stay at this campground. We like staying "up the hill" in section N. We don't mind being far from the pool and other activities of the campground as we do not make use of them. We get good internet service from our Verizon MiFi (with Wilson signal booster) from the sites in section N. We didn't notice train noise at all unless we were outside the rig. The "bridge" across the Santa Clara River was washed out in the local flooding in August, so the access to the N sites is off the Arrastre Canyon Road. This actually made access to section N easier than we had experienced previously - no 5-10MPH speed limit while driving through most of the rest of the campground. The map provided by the campground indicates that the only full hookup 50A sites are in the lower section (a few in A and more in B) but some of the sites in N have 50A hookups. The sites are "side-to-side" pullthrus - you share the utility area with your neighbor, and there is, at most, one 50A and then a 30A (or two 30A in many sites). We like this campground - there are many areas to walk, and we are ok with the drive to Palmdale or Lancaster for more shopping - though we found that the small grocery store next to the Post Office in Acton has a great variety of items in a very small area! Rate reflects free stay because we are Family Courtesy Card holders. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

N143
Gravel, Sand

Charlie Brown Farms Market in Littlerock, The Original Acton Market in Acton

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $71.00

My wife and I stay this last weekend and thought it was a large place with many sites, adult area kept clean etc, However, the family pool was closed because it was damaged from rain. The campground tried to accommodate kids by letting them swim in the adult pool from 12 noon to 6 p.m. It was not over crowded and I felt the times could have been 1o to 7 for kids because the other pool was closed. You don't advertise 2 pools and not have 2 pools and then charge full price. Anyone one know the first things kids want to do Saturday morning is head to the pool. I did not hear one complaint from any adult at the campground that their privileges were taken away to accommodate others. The adult pool does not close until 11 pm anyway. I went to go swim at 11;15 am on Sunday and the pool was locked with a pad lock. The sign said adult pool 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Someone missed the memo on that one cause I was pissed to walk all the way down there and see it was locked. Look management staff get your act together and open up that pool for kids 10:45 a.m - 7 p.m. Labor day weekend and I'm sure these complaints about poor management won't show up. I agree the young staff were disrespectful. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Fifth Wheel.

B 91
Dirt, Sand

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

There's a train no more than 20yards away that comes through every hour and all hours! I'd like to say it was a nightmare but that would involve sleeping... which I got none of. They advertise free Wi-Fi but if they've ran out of bandwidth, you have to pay 7 bucks more per day. Grounds were Unkept and messy.... weeks old trash left everywhere. Customer service was condescending and down right rude. Even before my first problem, I approached a man at the membership desk and said "excuse me, sir. Can you help me?" And the guy ignored me (he heard me... uwas 3ft away). My husband said "excuse me" in a louder/more firm voice and he said "go away. I'm busy. Wait over there!" And shooed us away with his hand movement. GPS takes you a couple miles passed the place and the place had no name signage out front nor on the roads nearing the place.... just a cheesy banner that says "campgrounds" We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

46A

No Others In Sight

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $1.00

No internet or phone service except in the "N" section. Most sites are 30 amp. But there are 50 amp sites in the park. Electric is being updated. HUGE family pool. nice adult pool and Jacuzzi. Modern adult lodge with pool tables. Dirt pads, most "fairly " level. . We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

N-84

Crazy Otto's for breakfast, lunch or dinner...huge portions!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $1.00

This park is a few miles outside the town of Acton. Acton is a tiny town. We didn't have very good cell reception. We purchased Wi-Fi that could only be used in the lodges. The Wi-Fi barely worked while in the lodges and didn't work at all in the RV. the massive pool wasn't open yet, didn't go to the year round adult pool/hot tub. Lots of activities - volleyball, basketball, mini golf, horse shoes, etc etc. you can borrow equipment for these games from the office. Park is very spread out and most sites were empty. We weren't too close to any of our neighbors. There's a train that rolls through, mostly during rush hour. The loop at the top ( I want to say M) seemed to have better cell reception, but it was full. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

B

The acton library offers free Wi-Fi.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $1.00

Large campground with 800 sites, mainly 30 amp. Sec. B is near the entrance and by the road and RR but has the most 50 amps sites marked by orange elect. boxes. Sec. K is also by the road and RR but ½ mi from the entrance so we didn't hear any whistles. MetroLink goes by several times both AM and PM M-F but passes in 5-8 secs. A freight train goes by around 2 PM with no shaking as we have experienced at other campgrounds. Very limited 50 amp tho. (K92,93,99) K is close to the Adult pool, A. clubhouse and laundry. Sec. N up the hill has the best cell reception but only 2 -50 amp sites (N162-3). Sec. Q is away from the road but has no 50 amps. Sec. C has no sewer but is quiet and little used. The main roads are paved but the section areas are gravel/sand as are the sites themselves so there is dust but the speed limit is 5 MPH, 10 MPH on the paved roads. Most of the sites appear to be level in all the sections and many are sectioned off with a white fence. The restrooms are cleaned daily and the staff is helpful. We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Motorhome.

K99
Gravel, Sand

Stop and see the William S Hart Museum (his home) and Park in Santa Clarita. The guided tours of his home are free. He was a very interesting man who had many famous friends (Wyatt Earp & Teddy Roosevelt are two) and the house is outstanding for 90 years old. Run by the City of Los Angeles Parks.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $58.00

This place is a huge campground for old, beat up RV's and tent campers, clearly the homeless and underserved people. We didn't trust leaving our satellite dish out - that's how unsafe we felt there! We camped at Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails in a Travel Trailer.

B

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Avoid this place and go to KOA or Antelope Valley Fairgrounds

Featured Campgrounds Near Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails

Are you affiliated with Soledad Canyon Park / Thousand Trails ?