The Californian RV Resort

Acton, California

Longitude: -118.142922520638

OwenTen

Great park for overnight. The pull-through site was long enough that we did not have to disconnect our toad. Sites are a bit close together. Office staff was friendly and led us to our site. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

OTR again

Some fwy noise from the 14, but not too bad. Sites are paved & long, but narrow (there's a grass strip in between each site that helps with this). No picnic tables. Wifi works well & cable TV is good, pool and spa are sparkling and inviting. Dog run is dirt and small, but the owners open up the grassy yard behind the office for off-leash dogs, which is very nice! Easy in and out, but you have to stop on an incline to check in. Roads are a bit narrow, but easy to navigate. All in all, a nice, relaxing park. We'll stay here again. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Retired CSI Guy

Have stayed here several times. Park is on a hillside but all the sites are level concrete with grass and trees. Very nice. Clean, well kept; water, electricity. and sewer all good. Office staff helpful. Reasonably easy to get in and out of sites even with our 40' rig. Closest small shopping is 3 miles in Acton. Closest big shopping is 7-10 miles in Palmdale/Lancaster. Only 40 miles from N. Hollywood. Nice place, especially if you want access to North LA or Magic Mountain (20 miles). Will stay here again. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Danno

Previous reviews give this CG a bad rap but it is Fine for shorter rigs. I'd say anything up to 37 feet would have little to no difficulty. Mine is 35'. They said most buses disconnect toads after turning into the level portion inside the gate and have no problems thereafter. Interior roads are paved and double wide which makes turns into sites easy. Yes, sites are narrow at 11' and the power pedestal takes up some of that space right by the entry. Sites are 60 feet long but you may lose about 7 feet of that if you have a slide-out on the left side due to placement of the pedestal. They were parking rigs in every other spot and allowed me to park my toad in the adjacent spot since they weren't full. When you first turn into the park, you have to stop on an uphill grade to register. That bothered me more than the narrow sites. They lead you to your site which is terraced and paved into the hillside. There is nice grass and flowers between sites but everything slopes when you get off your pad. Overall this is a pretty park and well manicured. They also have 4 sites which they have widened about 2 feet for larger rigs so inquire about them if you need it. Good ATT & Verizon signals. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

WilliamHolly

We parked here one night and did not need anything except full hookup. It is a beautiful park, friendly staff, but I would never park here again. I have been an 18 wheel driver, a safe, accident free driver, but I demolished the power pedestal at the first site I was assigned here while trying to keep trailer on pavement. The pads are very narrow, the power pedestals and water faucets are actually set within the concrete pads on one side, the sprinkler heads are installed against the concrete pads on the opposite side. You have to tramp in flower beds to hook up. After I hit the pedestal I commented about the small size of the sites and was told by the manager the sites were not meant for today's larger trailers; although, she had asked size of my travel trailer. At about 7 a.m. next morning grounds crew was noisily cleaning flower beds including bumping against out trailer. Again, beautiful park, but problematic for big rigs, We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

desertcamper05

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Nice quiet spot with good mountain views. The electricity, sewer and water hook-ups worked flawlessly. The pool was large and very clean. They do have some extended stay people, but everybody was friendly and respected other campers privacy. After quiet time, the place is so still I could hear the air leaking from my spare tire! All in all, a great place to stay. The only gripe I had is relatively minor. I wish there was a little more space between sites and for some reason, the sprinklers in the grass area between sites came on around 8 pm. We were still grilling dinner when we had to move everything to keep from getting wet. I think a better choice would be to have them come on late at night. Would stay here again. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Retired CSI Guy

Nice park. Nice area in Antelope Vly hills. Built on a hillside and split into two separate areas, one for longer term. Level concrete sites, asphalt driveways with grass and trees between sites. Pads are a bit narrow but adequate space between sites (long term is a bit more room but asphalt &gravel and not as aesthetic. Controlled access. Wi-Fi good (1 week free), cable TV good. Water and power all good. Not much in way of shopping close by. Nearest is Palmdale-7 miles. 40 minutes from Burbank/N Hollywood (with decent traffic). We'd stay here again. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

VegasVagabonds

We stayed here overnight. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Guided us to our spot and helped us park. Nice concrete pads but they are not level. Allowed us to use adjacent spot for our toad. Driver side was very tight and the tiered pads made it difficult to connect utilities. Nice small grassy area on passenger side but no picnic table. Rest rooms and showers were immaculate and the pool was beautiful and inviting. There is a dog run on the far side of the pool complex but no grassy areas. Beautiful views of the mountains. Lots of extended stay residents. Quiet. Would definitely stay again. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

c lewis

Very friendly & accommodating staff. Park is very clean with paved roads & concrete pads for each site. The pads are a little narrow (ours was 11' wide), but the park escort helps guide you into the site, so no big problem for me. I had to pull my rig forward so the slide would clear the power pedestal. This did not leave me enough room to park my truck behind the rig, so I was given permission to park on the site next to me. I realize during peak season this might not be possible, but it was a very nice gesture from the park. I must disagree with the previous reviewer because I had 8' of grass to step on when leaving my rig. With the rig centered on the site, I could also walk on the concrete pad on the street side. I saw many people walking their dogs, so I assume the park is pet friendly. I requested & received 2 internet codes (for laptop & I-pad) with no problem. Although too cold to use during our stay, the pool appeared to be very nice & clean. The laundry room was also very clean. All utilities & wi-fi worked well. We also liked the security of the park. A gate code is required for entry, and there are one way tire spikes at the exit. We enjoyed the tiered hillside sites and the mountains around the park. If the sites were just a little wider, I would have rated the park a 10. We will definitely stay here again when in this area. Rate is based on a 1 week stay. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

RVThereYet

I have never been to a park with such narrow spots. You can barely leave your rig without stepping on the dirt slop. If you want to sit outside, it will be in front of your rig. We had to unhook our toad in the rain in order to make the turn into the site for a one-night stay. The park is clean and quiet but doesn't appear dog friendly. I was told to keep my dog inside. Okay...it's pouring, I don't plan on hanging out outside, but I can walk him, RIGHT? Also, we were two adults. We run a business. They refused to give us two internet codes. I'm looking for a park in the area for a few months and CA RV Resort is not in the running. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sidewinder

Very friendly staff. Narrow sites. Clean. Good power and Wi-Fi. Lots of ants. Close to Palmdale for shopping. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sourkraut

Friendly staff, good utilities and Wi-Fi, pretty quiet, I liked the tiered hillside sites although with hatch doors open on the utility side, you're walking on a dirt slope between you and your neighbor. Just a tad narrow while towing, they will direct you in order to help you avoid the electrical post while getting pretty close at that angle of attack. Long term neighbors were nice. Nothing within walking distance. We chose this spot to avoid our typical Valencia/Santa Clarita stop. Glad we did. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sidewinder

Friendly staff. Sits on a hillside. VERY narrow sites. Clean and neat. Close to Palmdale for shopping, etc. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

renodick

A nice, clean, scenic park. Only down side is the fact it is on the side of a hill, and each site has a fairly steep bank on the hookup side. We were unable to use our street side bins when the slide was out. We were here only two days: used it to visit LA area attractions. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

mbr3366

The attraction to this park is the closeness to Santa Monica. It is clean and has many amenities. There is a side for monthly RV'ers and we were able to pick our site, so we would not be on top of our neighbors. There is a view of the mountains but there is also some road noise. This is only a quick stop over for us. Would not want to stay for an extended period as we prefer a more natural setting. We camped at The Californian RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Moss Landing KOA

Moss Landing, California

Orangeland RV Park

Orange, California

Are you affiliated with The Californian RV Resort?