Seacliff State Beach

Aptos, California

Recent Rate: $65 2/2014

• yes-ocean Waterfront

sara12

Sites are very close together. I will only do full hookups to avoid generators noise. The park is as good as your neighbors. Sites are very close. If neighbor has a fire - you get to breath the smoke. If neighbor talks loud, you get to hear every word of it. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Travel Trailer.

SargeW

This is a wonderful California State beach campground. We have stayed in campgrounds across the country, and California Beaches are among the most beautiful. They are also among the most popular, hence the need for reservations! If you show up without a reservation, you take your chances. The sites are asphalt with grass between them, and the full hook up sites are great. The beach is close and the crashing waves are awesome. Cell signal is sketchy in the campground due to the tall cliffs behind the campground. Our Verizon air card worked well, but I had to go up to the parking lot for reliable phone signal. I will stay here again. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

maryc

This is the worst of the worst. No reservations so I was put in overflow. Just a black top parking lot. No water, table, shade or anything. All this for $58. I left and got a refund. As a lifelong resident of California, I am ashamed of our park system. Having traveled through many states, I can tell you California Parks are at the bottom of the heap, and the most expensive. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

RVKat

We love love love Sea Cliff SB. It's very stressful trying to get a reservation the first day of each month. But we give it the old college try each month and are able to get in 4 times a year. We love watching everyone walking by all day. You are literally steps from the beach. The waves are so wonderful to listen to at night. You can't go wrong here. Good luck getting a reservation though. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

BC Wanderer

Check in was quick and friendly. We were in the overflow section which is just a parking lot but we knew that going in. Spaces were wide and long enough for us. We did not feel cramped. The camp host was friendly and helpful. The location is what attracted us and brought us back. We were here about 4 years ago. We were disappointed in the level of service though. There are no sinks in the bathrooms and half of them have been closed due to budget cuts. Garbage pick up must be limited too as the bins were full. The place no longer has the atmosphere that we found before. The dump station is closed (we had to drive a couple of miles to the next State Park to dump). I doubt if we will be back. We paid $55.00 to stay in a bare parking lot with limited service. The Parks Department needs to shake their heads. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

nicole1956

We love this campground. The spots are good size with plenty of room for tow vehicle and trailer. No shade or trees, but who needs that when your on the beach. The sites are ocean front with full hook-ups. It's very difficult to get reservations but well worth the effort. I would camp here again and again. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Travel Trailer.

lilly-lilac

What a dump! Basically a parking lot next to a dirty beach. We had a self contained space for $55 as there were no hooks ups available. You reverse into a lined off space (nice and wide and long). There is a public running/walking path right in front of the lots. We hadn't even set up the RV when we had to ask a lady to remove her dog's waste from next to the camper where she had let it do its affairs. Three dogs deposited within a couple of feet from our RV over the course of the evening, with 2 of the three owners clearing without being asked. But even so, parking near a local dog latrine is not very pleasant. The toilets were so dirty that we would not use them, and the same goes for the the shower. People we met in Las Vegas raved about the spot. So maybe we are too fussy for a dirty, dog latrine area on a stinky beach. Cannot recommend and would not use again. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

B&A

The most beautiful spot we've camped at! Back in sites right on the beach with full hookups. It was very quiet, and each site has a sandy "yard" with picnic table. The one-mile boardwalk is in front of the sites. We stayed 3 nights and wished it were longer. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

K Bully

We visit this park every year and have loved it. This year it seems to have gone downhill as far as cleanliness and quality of campers. There were doggy piles all over the place, cigarette butts, trash, broken glass and etc. The spaces are tight and close together, which in the past has never been a problem. However, the park is now overrun with rude, cigar-smoking, table-banging, beer-drinking, loud-talking at 6am, parking-their-car-in-front-of-other-camper's-spaces people whose dogs are out-of-control with aggressive behavior and excessive barking. All this made the close quarters nearly unbearable. One guy was even forging metal in his fire pit and clanging away all day with a hammer like the beach was his personal blacksmith shop. It was so loud it echoed up and down the beach, let alone what it must have been like for those in the spaces right next door! The civility and common courtesy that used to exist here is gone. Too bad because it is a great location and the proximity to the beach cannot be beat and the hosts and rangers are always very nice. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

lvcat2004

I booked this place exactly 6 months ahead, as soon as the booking became available at 8am. It filled up like crazy and I was only able to get 2 nights although I was hoping for 3. It's insane. But when I got here, I was not that impressed. It's state ran, not exactly clean, with lots of weeds, dirty bathrooms, somewhat trashy. Yes, it's right infront of the ocean/beach which is good, but it's not the cleanest beach I've been to. You get a fair amount of sand in your RV no matter what you do because it's so close to the beach. There are a lot of pedestrians that walk right in front of the beach/RV so there isn't much privacy. I was not impressed and I will not make that kind of effort to reserve a spot MONTHS in advance for this mediocre park. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Travel Trailer.

traveldude

Love state parks and this is no exception. They are a bit more expensive but usually worth it because of the views. Staff was very friendly. Was passing through but will be back!!! We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Travel Trailer.

blkjaguar1

We love this campground and so do a lot of other people. You need to book it 6 months in advance and it sells out within 5 minutes after reservations open. Nothing beats full hookups on the beach. The sites are not large but we have a 45' motorhome and were able get in. We have also stayed here in a trailer and had great time. Looking forward to the next time I can get reservations. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

artiemeek

Previous review describes this facility well. Lots of sand but location has to account for something. Rather pricey for sure. But you are right on the ocean, just yards from where the waves crash upon the shore. I found that to avoid the ubiquitous dog-walkers I could walk on the beach, thereby not having to weave in and out among the many pooches. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

NancyB

Not our cup of tea, although many others we talked with were delighted with it. Being right on the ocean with full hookups was not enough to overcome the deficiencies. The raised area between all sites is all sand. There is no room to sit outdoors except on the sand. The campground is right on a boardwalk/seawall that many locals use for exercising and walking their dogs, so privacy is non-existent. It's clear that California is operating their parks on the cheap as there is no landscaping whatsoever, and everything looks shabby. Made our reservation in March so we got the $44 rate. It's now $65, $55 for the overflow no-hookup area. The overflow area has no access to water and no dump station. Would not stay here again. We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Motorhome.

aalgaards

I was only able to secure an overflow site at this park but it is well worth it! Tis was my first time camping at this park and upon driving in I quickly realized it was very tight for my 26 foot travel trailer. There is an "island" that separates the camping spaces and the main road through the campground. The only way I was able to get in there was to jump the island. It took a little nerve as I am relatively new to the rv lifestyle. My neighbors were very helpful in guiding me in to our spot on the beach. This park is awesome and my kids didn't want to leave. It is a bit cramped but you'll probably be at the beach more than you'll be at your rv anyway! We camped at Seacliff State Beach in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Seacliff State Beach?