Auburn Gold Country RV Park

Auburn, California

3550 Koa Way
Auburn, California 95602

Ask fellow campers about "Auburn Gold Country RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $60.00

We often visit friends in the area, and have unsuccessfully tried to get a reservation here before. They have a lot of full time residents, so sites for just a few days are scarce. If you call, they tell you that they don't accept reservations until 30 days in advance, but on their website it states 60 days in advance. This time we were able to reserve online, and stayed here for 4 nights. The park is very nice! Lots of trees; sites are very private, with big hedges on either side. There was a big grassy area to walk dogs; would have been nicer if it was fenced, but we were happy to at least have grass there as the entire rest of the park was paved. We enjoyed our stay there, but had a weird occurrence the last day. As we were unhooking and preparing to leave, one of the managers came around to our site. He said he wanted to let us know that whenever we were gone, our dogs were barking the entire time. I was surprised to find that out, as they are usually quiet. In fact, when we came back to the site after dinner out, they were quiet as mice, only barking when they heard our car door slam. The guy at the next site was outside, so I went over to ask him if he'd heard barking, and he said that yes, he had sometimes in the evening, but not much. He told me that the manager had come a couple of days before and asked him about it. Apparently someone had complained, but we were on the end with just the one neighbor so it's perplexing. Bottom line, we would LOVE to have known sooner, so we could do something about it! We don't want to hear barking dogs ourselves, and we can't understand why they waited until we were leaving to say anything. Otherwise, I would probably have rated them higher than I did. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $50.00

Due to some mechanical issues we did not make reservations and the office was closed when we arrived. We checked the "open" sites and decided to walk first before driving our rig, glad we did as the roads were very tight with low branches so was not big rig friendly. we also learned that when arriving late you will not be given codes for restrooms, lounge, etc. Also note that the water pressure was very high. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $52.00

Here to visit friends in area. Wide backin that we parked truck next to. Looks like a certain amount of long term but things look neat and clean. Shrubs and fence on 3 sides of our site. WiFi provided. Good Verizon 3G. Would definitely return. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $59.00

We stayed here for 2 nights. The location was perfect for us. From here we were able to sight see in Nevada City, Grass Valley, and historic downtown Auburn which has a number of very interesting and fun museums. We were also very near a nice grocery store, Target and restaurants. The park was very clean and quiet. The site we had was a bit tight but we were able to manage. There are a number of what appeared to be permanent/long term campers. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Auburn Gold Country RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

This little park is a jewel. It's always clean and well kept. The staff is very helpful and well trained. They truly enjoy working here. The owners are ready to maintain and update when necessary. My wife had to have emergency surgery and the management helped us to change our reservations. Had they not done this, I don't know where we have gone. The location is amazing. An hour from Tahoe, a half hour to Sacramento, two hours to San Francisco and more. It's just outstanding to stay here and be able to take off to so many places. Nice pool, spa, showers and restrooms and cute club house. I have read some bad reviews and that confuses me. I would highly recommend Gold Country in Auburn, California to anyone. There is also some great tent camping areas away from the rigs. A really enjoyable place to stay. m We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Any store you would want is nearby. The quaint town of Auburn is only 15 minutes away, Nevada City and Grass Valley close by. Quite a few golf courses close by, love The Ridge, and only 5 minutes away with great rates. Better bring your A game. We really love this place and this area. We'll be back for sure.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $47.00

I read the other reviews with some trepidation before finally deciding to come.

This is a perfectly paved, well-groomed park. I did not come into any conflict with the rule enforcer, if there is someone by that description.

The only small disadvantage is the distant local traffic noise on one side and the busy small airport on the other. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

B

Charming town but a little busy. The real draw to this area is visiting Sutter's Mill (Marshall Gold Discovery State Park) about 20 miles away.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

We camped here in tent for 3 days during the Labor Day weekend. The park is very well managed with clean restrooms and showers. This site has a swimming pool and kids really enjoyed it. There's a pond within the campground. Kids did fished and left the fishes in pond. Overall good experience and hassle free. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Tent.

Tent
Other

Target, Safeway, HomeDepot are within a mile

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

This park advertises that it has gone green with solar. Its true they have a massive solar array. The management does a great job of keeping this park clean and neat. The pool and hot tub are awesome! We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

E

Lots to do in the area. Shopping is close by as is Sacramento. The park is right off of I-80.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $36.00

Excellent location mid way between Sacramento and Reno/Lake Tahoe. Easy access to most sites with some sites a little larger for a little more $$. Best park in the area, the hosts are great and the price is right. Very nice clubhouse with large TV and leather couches. Small assortment of items for sale to make your stay more convenient. Only problem was a daily cleanup with a loud leafblower. That could be either a plus or a minus depending on your viewpoint. Swimming pool available for warmer weather. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Many good restaurants in the area. Don't miss Sweet Peas or Awful Annies for breakfast. (Nothing awful about it, Annie is sweet and the food is great!).

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $45.00

A very nice rv park with paved pull-throughs and some back-ins. Our site was wide enough to park the truck next to the trailer. There is privacy hedging between sites and a picnic table. The site we were in was not level, but it wasn't too bad. Neighbors were friendly and there are some long term folks here. You are near a small airport so there is some plane noise. OTA signal was good as well as Verizon service. Their Wi-Fi works fairly well. We would stay here again. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Visit Old Towne Auburn and the Farmer's Market on Saturday morning. Lots to see and do in the area.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $1.00

The RV sites are very close together. They are asphalt, they have trees at the end of site but that's about it. No grass or designated area within the site to even put out a chair. We chose it because of the vicinity. It's close to wineries, Grass Valley, Sacramento, and our friends and family in the area. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Easy access to the wine trail

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $50.00

We stayed here for 6 nights while visiting nearby relatives. Our site was a back-in but I think you could have gotten a 747 in the same spot, it was so big. Big trees shaded almost every spot. Wi-Fi service was pretty good most of the time. The only other thing we used was the laundry, 5 or 6 washers and 5 or 6 dryers. It was clean and very quiet at night. It is close to a small airport so there was quite a bit of air traffic during the day. Every day we saw park attendants taking care of stuff. We would definitely stay again. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Target, KMart, Safeway and Ross's, McDonalds and Applebee's. Take Bell Road Exit 123 off I-80, west on Bell Road to the 2nd traffic light. Turn right onto Quartz Dr, go to 2nd stop sign, turn left on Rock Creek Road and take 1st right onto KOA way [right past the church parking lot] Drive straight into the park, Office is on the right.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $52.00

I won't bore you with details, but when we first pulled in I was ready to forfeit my prepaid-non-refundable payment to get out. Wait! it does get better because we ended up staying 6 weeks and we're glad we did (see! a happy ending)! We later saw our first impressions played out time and again when new people arrived (hmmm, something makes everyone cranky when they arrive here). But as one camper told us on our first day - give it a day or two, check out the park, the amenities, the surrounding area, and meet the staff, etc., then form an opinion. IMO: that's the key to a happy stay at this park. The park is clean, well kept, well managed, nicely landscaped, with a great pool, spa, laundry and store. What drives most of the negative impressions are the lot sizes and the price. I have a 40 ft. class A (ding) and I paid double what I'm accustomed to paying (ding, ding) so I fell right into the muck. After backing in, which wasn't bad afterall, the next scary event was parking my car parked right beside our rig; the site wasn't long enough to park end to end, so there would be no "outdoor" living space for us. Then we learned there is overflow parking nearby and problem solved. Also, the park has a lot of permanents, but they're the best permanents I've met - nice, friendly, with well kept spaces. Let's face it, this is the best (if not only) park in the Auburn area and the owners know it so they charge high rates - this is my only legitimate gripe and I told them so.

Stable electric, good water pressure, great wifi (recently upgraded), and nice shade from nearby trees. We stayed 6 weeks (monthly + two weekly rates) in a deluxe back-in site with a 40 ft class A and toad. Shopping nearby is excellent - everything you'd want (Target has the cheapest groceries); Home Depot is right down the road, and there is a great hardware/plumbing store closeby. I'm giving 8 stars despite the high rates, just because life exists outside our wallets if we just look for it. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check out Grass Valley and Nevada City - great weekend get aways. The local wineries are a must see. The "Club Car" in downtown Auburn offers good music and food. Also, Dimartini RV sales in Grass Valley has a large selection of Class As & a top notch service department.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $37.00

I have actually stayed at this park a number of times over the last year.

My most recent time was in overflow, which is reflected in the slightly lower price.

The wifi is free and can be sketchy, depending on location within the park.

The staff are friendly and helpful. They have been very helpful to me when I have not had a solid schedule. Sometimes it means I move sites, however they do what they can to get me in.

There are a number of grassy areas for dogs.

The pool is clean and well maintained. Heated. Closed in the winter. The spa is also nice. They recently installed a new stall around the pool area.

There are 6 or 7 washing machines and about 3 dryers. It seems to be adequate, I have never had difficulty finding 2 free machines to do 2 loads.

The spaces are tight, however there is foliage between most spaces to give some privacy.

The overflow is gravel, as are some of the back in sites. Some sites are paved. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Motorhome.

Overflow
Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $50.00

We had a pull thru spot. We are 39'. There wasn't enough room for the truck and trailer so we had to unhook soon. The space was narrow. We could not open our awnings. The space was not even close to level. It threw our auto levelers into a tizzy. Each space has trees and bushes. The overall park was nice looking and clean. Lots of full time residents. A couple grassy areas for pets. Very noisy. People talking at night, the freeway was right there, helicopters and planes during the day. If you have a larger rig, do NOT stay here. It's tight because it's an older park. Anything over 35' is an issue. I would not stay here again. We camped at Auburn Gold Country RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Auburn Gold Country RV Park

Are you affiliated with Auburn Gold Country RV Park ?