Calistoga RV and Campground

Calistoga, California

1601 N Oak St
Calistoga, California 94515

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Calistoga RV and Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $25.00

I stayed here for 3 days while visiting friends so I spent little time at the park. That said, it's convenient for visiting the many interests in the valley. My premium gravel pull-thru site was very narrow, no table a bit of shade. I had to back out of my pull-thru site with my 40' MH because of overhanging branches. The utilities were adequate and reliable. This is a municipal owned park that was fine for my purpose but I would not use it as a destination. There were at least two neighbors that didn't believe in leash rules for their dogs. A true pet peeve of mine. This park could use some TLC but I will say that it served my purpose and I felt secure there since it was in a nice small town and had a fence around the park. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Calistoga has weekly concerts in the park with live music, pet friendly and a real treat. Literally hundreds of wineries in the region.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $17.00

We were lucky to have some big trees near us. It was hot. The registration people were very nice. There was a glitch with us leaving on time but is was solved easily. The reason for the satisfactory on cleanliness was because there was paper and plastic trash scattered around the campsite. Don't be there if there is an event at the Napa County Fairgrounds. It would be so noisy. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $19.00

Price reflects our Passport America membership. Since we were only going to be here four days we elected to take a Standard site, water and 30 amp electric when we made our reservation. They say they have WiFi but although we were able to connect you couldn't get anywhere and could not even check email from site 32. Very poor water pressure. Fair Verizon 4g cell service but during the daytime everything slowed down. We were able to use our onboard DTV satellite dish with no obstructions. Didn't look like anyone had done any mowing or trimming in the park lately. We didn't use the facilities but when I stuck my head in the men's room it was clean though nothing fancy. NOTE: The Berry Street Bridge is closed through July. So if you are coming up Hwy 128 you will have to turn right on Lincoln St., through downtown and then left on Fair Way. There is construction being done on Lincoln as well and it is really tight getting trough there. I will be back up here next week and will take the Silverado Trial though Napa.

If you have a big rig, I recommend you come up the Silverado Trail out of Napa until the construction is completed in July. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $52.00

This park is at the fairgrounds. I rented a Premium site (50 amp, pull through) for our 40 foot motorhome. It is mostly a parking lot, but it is a OK place to stay. There was some shade, it was quiet, and close to town. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Municipal golf course and fairgrounds are next door. Lots of good restaurants within 1/2 mile.

Featured Campgrounds Near Calistoga RV and Campground

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $25.00

As others say, it's really just a parking lot which charges a lot of money for what you get. With Passport America 50% discount, it's more reasonable value. Pros: right in town, easy biking to town places and some nearby wineries. Cons: just a parking lot. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $43.00

Check-in with an online reservation is fairly easy but, there is no provision for discounts etc. There is an on-site office but it's elsewhere on the fairgrounds away from the RV pads. The small office in the RV park has limited office hrs. (Wed. -Sat.?). This RV park is somewhat fair grounds typical I guess. Last fall they were doing work on the pull-throughs, although it was not evident what had been accomplished. Some reflectors & over grown weeds, yes. As stated only a small portion of the park has FHU's. The FHU pads are close yet manageable to most larger coaches. We had to unhook and park the TV a little odd. The park is dog friendly with bags and a large grassy area. Trash / recycle cans at ea. site that are emptied daily. The fair grounds although open to through traffic are great for walking or biking as is the local neighborhood. DH walks daily, there is a golf course and a aquatic center adjoining the grounds. The bathrooms and showers are indeed modest. There is ample hot water and pressure. An attendant keeps things neat and picked up and supplied daily. DH seems to not mind using the facilities daily. There is no laundry, but there is a dump station in front of the bathroom area. We will reluctantly return out of necessity as there are not many options in this region. On past visit we found the JH / HS football games entertaining. This trip, the monster trucks were a little over the top (loud). Fortunately the event was just 2 shows over one Saturday. Different strokes for folks. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Gravel, Dirt

Generally Wine is the main draw in Napa Valley. Most things are near by diesel, groceries. Walmart 30 min south in Napa, Costco NW 40 min to Santa Rosa. There is a filtered water dispenser down the road at the CalMart grocery. There are any number of wonderful eateries from Calistoga, south St.Helena, Yountville.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $35.00

All reviews below are accurate. The pad was all mud. Gravel long gone. Grass between pads is mostly gone and what is left is all weeds. Then it rained 3 of the 4 days we were there. Lots of mudholes and standing water. Good thing it was cold so we didn't have to deal with mosquitos too. No cable so we had to rely on Air Channels. We got 5 channels and 3 were Spanish. The other 2 were GetTv and Escape. I don't mind only getting a channel or 2 as long as 1 is local. Will not stay there again. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Sarafornia Cafe was great for breakfast. Really enjoyed the tour at Frogs Leap Winery.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $38.00

The park is conveniently located to explore the Napa Valley. However, only 1/3 of the park has FHU and any type of pad. The rest are 30 AMP with only water and just dirt. Also these standard lots are side by side with your neighbor so you share a limited common space. If it rains (which it did during our stay), the entire park turns into a giant mud puddle. There are only 2 showers for the entire park. The bathroom was clean but basic with tiled walls and concrete floor that drains to the middle of the bathroom so the floor is wet when people are showering. There is a grass area to walk the dog, but lots of dirt, so when it rains, really messy. We did not use the park WiFi. Also, the Welcome Center on site is not always staffed, some days you have to go to another location to check in. It's a bit confusing. Note that the rate reflected includes the Passport America discount for 4 nights, so used an average based on length of our stay. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Great location to get around Napa Valley. Also check out the Alexander Valley to the North and Santa Rosa area to the West.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $21.00

Backing into our site was challenging with a tree and garbage cans limiting our space. We have stayed here before and was prepared for the limited wifi and no TV reception. Overall nice campground location with a golf course next door and very close to wineries. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $25.00

We have stayed here several times. Yes, it is basically a gravel parking lot and the full hookup sites are very close together but hey, this is the Napa Valley. We get the Passport America rate of $25 for 4 nights, Sunday thru Thursday making this park a great deal in this area. If we had to pay the full price I wouldn't rate the value as high. They are working on the sprinkler system water lines while we have been here so some of the full hookup sites are closed for use. The camp hosts are only on duty Thursday thru Sunday these days so if you owe money you must go to the fairgrounds office to take care of that. The water pressure here is very low so my wife used the parks bathroom to take her showers. We were assigned to site #4 and were able to get a DTV satellite signal this time. However, it won't be very long that the growing trees will prevent that in this site. Very good Verizon 4g service. The parks WiFi is good but slows down in the evenings. I suspect there is some streaming going on even though the parks management asks folks to not do that. We will return as we have family in the area. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

If you are using Hwy 128, DO NOT take a big rig down Lincoln Ave. (the main street through town). Use Berry St instead. Care is needed when turning off 128.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $50.00

Gravel lot, gravel roads. Close to downtown area: 6 blocks. Quiet while we were here, with 30% occupancy. No TV without satellite! We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Spacious, Nearby

We were here for wine tasting so site was fine. Not really a family oriented RV park.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $47.00

I understand now why you had to reserve online and why it was the only RV park with spaces available.

This is by far the worst place I have stayed in my last 2 full months of touring the Western US. I haven't stayed in a park more than 2 days so that should give you an idea as to how many parks I have been to. That is a lot of parks to be picked as THE WORST EVER. We reserved a spot for two nights that ended up being $92.00 for two nights with pets.

1. We put in our reservations we'd arrive at 7 PM. There was no one in the office or anything left out for us. We were up there so long looking for some sort of sign that two 10-yr-olds came to ask if I needed help. I just picked a random spot. When you make a reservation you can pick premium pull-through or standard back-in. There is no way to tell what space costs more because they all look the same: TERRIBLE.

2. Their website is an absolute misrepresentation of everything they are and have to offer. Covered dining is no more than old tables under a metal awning. It is ALL DIRT. ALL OF IT. There is a bit of a paved road if you want to call it that and a patch of dead grass for dogs. There are small kids raking the insane build-up of leafs for fun in the "dining area." And business center?! PLEASE POINT THIS OUT TO ME because I am 100% positive it does NOT exist.

3. We still haven't seen the camp host- we shouldn't have bothered paying $2/pet when they wouldn't even know.

This is obviously a place for people who want to go wine tasting and golfing and come back drunk so they don't even realize how terrible it is.

I will absolutely be asking for a refund for my second day.

Do yourself a favor and spring for a cute room at a cottage down the street. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

none assigned

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $30.00

Never saw the hosts. Came thru on NASCAR weekend so the entire area was booked solid, but this one was great. EXCEPT: Do NOT come here from SF via GPS!!! It may take you through Calistoga Road! There were SEVERAL 11-12% grades up and down. At the end, facing back, the sign said trucks over 25' not recommended. (We were in 37' w mini van toad!) Worse than the trip THROUGH San Francisco and OVER the GG BRIDGE during midday.

But back to the park. Nice basic fairgrounds park. Had 50 amp, water, no sewer. Someone said one was nearby, didn't need it. Gas close by if needed, quiet setting, big older trees. Fairly close, but not terrible. The trip back to the highway was MUCH less harrowing experience. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $33.00

Rate is a mix of Passport America Discount and extra charge for long weekend nights.
We stayed a few days on our way home and didn't have the long weekend in mind. Big mistake. The campground was filled up to the very last spot. It was a zoo. Since the park is a gravel field with sites close together in parking lot layout there is no privacy left when the park is full.
Quite some noise from partying in the neighborhood (not the parks fault). We'll be back but avoid any weekends not to mention long weekends. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2016 - $19.00

Rate reflects Passport America. This is a typical no frills fairground campground with gravel and very narrow. Luckily, few were staying here so no one had immediate neighbors, it must be incredibly tight with slides and awnings (impossible?) when full. However, sites were of reasonable length for our 35' motor home and toad car so we didn't have to unhook, but no picnic tables and fires not allowed. The manager was very friendly and told us how to drive south via Silverado Trail rather than Hwy 29 which was not only faster but beautiful through the vineyards. It rained very hard and very poor drainage. We camped at Calistoga RV and Campground in a Motorhome.

Thought it would be fun to visit the California "Old Faithful" but discovered it is privately owned and very pricey for a small geyser. Also there are no public hot springs - all of them are owned by expensive spas.

Featured Campgrounds Near Calistoga RV and Campground

Are you affiliated with Calistoga RV and Campground ?