American River RV Resort

Coloma, California

Recent Rate: $35 9/2014

• yes-river Waterfront

juanitae

This place was awesome! We were nervous because of the reviews we read but they were so wrong. If you were being out of line then, yes, don't go there, but it was nice, safe, and clean. The staff were helpful and friendly. The campsites are a little challenging so when the young lady at the counter ask you if you want to look first, do it. My husband has awesome skills with our trailer but if you don't this could get a little hairy. We would go there again and make this our new summer spot! We also went on the holiday weekend and had no problems with electricity or shortages. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

castleshade

Clean resort on The American River. We camped here just after the end of rafting season so it was almost empty and quiet. Might be different during rafting season as two rafting companies have their base inside the park. Site was fairly level once we backed in. That was a chore. since the site was terraced on a steep road that we had to back up on. Very nice view of river. Store had almost no supplies. Good location near gold discovery park. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

User1152

This park is wonderful. Located on the American river this is a rustic style park which I like. It has a nice pool area or you can take a dip in the river. I have a 26 foot Class C and stayed in site #73 with 10 feet to spare. I was able to get Direct TV. There is a small store with some goods. There was no 50 amp that I saw and the 30 amp was iffy on hot days. Nice and quiet at night. The manager keeps a tight rope on loud party's. Pet friendly, but no barking allowed. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

bobby50

It was cramped-I don't like this kind of packing. The people were nice enough. The park is right on the river so the location was good.There is little Privacy. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Campy

We had an RV site that was quite large and somewhat private. From the back of the site you can look down on the south fork of the American River and watch the river rafts go by: great fun. The people who run this park are very friendly and helpful. The sites are clean and large. When reserving for summer months, be sure to ask for a site with shade! We will certainly return to this park in the future. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

joanofarc

If you're looking for a quiet, rustic and beautiful park, and are in a tent or a small RV, this place is beautiful and a place to "get away from it all". I would have stayed longer, but had to be somewhere else. It's pricey, but that's because of the river. Troublemaker Rapid is right here and it's fun to watch the rafters and kayakers go down. I think the outfitters are located right in the park. They charge for dogs, but other campgrounds in the area won't even take them. One of my favorite things about the park was the girl who ran the office. I'm not sure if she's an owner, but you'll never find a more personable lady. She loves dogs and is a real people person. Ready, willing, and able to help with anything. I gave it a 10 because it is everything a quiet, natural campground should be. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

artiemeek

I had made reservations so on arrival all was required was being informed of my site. Most RV sites are terraced on a hillside and are backins. Could be difficult for trailers or large rigs. Lots of shade provided by large oak trees. Many tent sites though tenting is allowed anywhere. Pool closed on Monday which we were not told about and we did arrive on a Monday. Wi-Fi free supposedly by going to office area. No cell phone access. Paved interior road but parking sites are dirt. Most sites narrow and with my slide I would not have been able to put out an awning. Office personnel nice. Good location and withing about 3/4 mile of the State Park. I could not get a fix with my GPS as it didn't even recognize Coloma. Yet, my GPS picked up Cool several miles away which is not much more than a gas station and stop sign. The $35 fee was for two people. We were charged ten dollars each for our two grandsons with us, making it a pretty expensive place to stay. We camped at American River RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with American River RV Resort?