Shoreline RV Park & Campground

Crescent City, California 95531

Longitude: -124.19080

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Shoreline RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

This park is horrible. I advise anyone to stay away from this place. I knew I made a mistake when signing in at the office, there are no rules, you know what that means, and it was terrible. If you want a park where people are up yelling playing loud music until 2:00 in the morning then this park is just right for you. When I called to confirm my reservation on our way there the manager answered the phone and said he couldn't talk because the police were there, I should have been forewarned. When we got into the park it was evident no one stayed here but people living here and they are all around the edge of the property. It was obvious the management did as little as possible in this run down shoddy campground. We decided to stick it out because it was in a absolutely beautiful location right on the beach next to the lighthouse, after all how bad could it be? Well we found out it got even worse, my husbands bike was stolen. The police said there were gangs of homeless drug addicts living in the woods nearby and they would be back for my bike. My husbands security lock was cut and mine was on the back of our 5th wheel. We brought my bike inside our trailer along with our satellite system after that. They did come back and try to steal an old ladder we had under our fiver. The managers said it was probably someone in the park. So glad to get away from that place. So be forewarned. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $42.00

This is a city park located right on Highway 101 in Crescent City, CA, near the harbor, restaurants and shopping. It is a large open space with no trees or shrubs. It is arranged with pull-through sites in the interior and back-in/pull-in sites around the perimeter. Some of the sites are on the water. Each site is full hookup with 50 and 30 amp electric. Each site has a small concrete patio, no picnic table or fire pit. The site pads are gravel/dirt. The park driveways are gravel with lots of potholes and large puddles of water during the time we were there. The bathrooms, showers and laundry are functional but nothing special. There is free WiFi but we found it to be of minimal use. We paid $41.80 per night. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Poor Conditions

Check out nearby Crescent Seafood, excellent food, reasonably priced.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

I love this park. Very, Very large sites with long gravel pads. There is a lot of room between spaces. The park sits back off the highway, so road noise is not noticeable. The harbor fog horn is noticeable, but adds to the ambiance. We stayed at the KOA one night and drove thru the other two RV parks near town. The other two parks cater to crowded together, junky, live aboards. Shoreline actually caters to RV travelers. Camp fires are prohibited. The wifi was good (I downloaded Netflix shows, but couldn't stream it). The best thing about this park is that it is walking distance to everything: downtown Crescent City, the Visitors center, a bakery, a Safeway, the marina, a huge grassy park, and two beaches. This is real important to us since we travel without a toad. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $34.00

Pros: Beautiful Views from your RV site (Lighthouse, etc.), Beach-front access, Many pull-through sites, Pretty cheap @ $34.00 a night for 2 people (electric & water) -- Each additional person is $3.00, Grounds were clean, Bathrooms were clean, Location was close to restaurants and activities, Park seemed secure/safe, Was able to get a spot with no prior notice. Bathrooms were dated, but I do not think that is really a negative thing. Also, there were no trees at the sites, but it kind of reminded me of camping on the beach, because the ocean was so close. The sites are gravel. At night, you can hear the faint ARF-ARF of the sea lions. Cons: Not the friendliest, on-site staff, but not terrible. He just did not have a very warm personality upon check-in. They live above the bathhouse, and he was adamant about not slamming the door when coming and going from the bathhouse facilities because it wakes them up. Unfortunately, the door will slam automatically if you do not remember to catch it. It was a pain for me to know they were upset, because I could not remember to catch the door every time; not the feeling you want a guest to feel. Only one bathhouse/bathroom area which can be a little inconvenient, and it was close to the entrance instead of near the center of the park. Amenities: Bathrooms, Showers, & Laundry -- nothing fancy, just the basics. Still a WIN-WIN for the price. My Pros & Cons will be different from yours, but I tried to just roll with it from my experience. My cons about the bathroom may not even apply to you, if you use your RV facilities, which we do not; we solely rely on the bathhouse for everything, and my husband has IBS. This RV park has way more PROS than CONS. I would totally stay here again, and I would recommend it for an overnight stay to others. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

We visited Ocean World while in town. My 3-year old LOVED it!

Featured Campgrounds Near Shoreline RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $37.00

Big rig friendly. No fenced dog park but easy access to the beach for running. Short trail to beach is around the south end of the berm. Good location to visit the local lighthouse and redwoods, as well as eat at the wharf. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Chart Room has great clam chowder and fish and chips. Don't miss the lighthouse at low tide, and also the redwoods via Holland Hill Road. There is a Pacific Pride station on the NE side of town that you can get a big rig (towing) into.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $38.00

We stayed 2 nights to visit nearby NPS sites. The park is a short drive off US101 along paved city streets that were in poor condition. The park is located in town close to services. It's on the beach but the seawall is an obstacle to reaching the beach. The interior roads are gravel with turns sufficient to maneuver larger RV's without much problem. The sites are a mixture of pull-ins, back-ins & P/T's. The site parking pads are gravel. This park understands the simple concept of the importance of a flat, level site as most of the sites were level and flat but some had a slope. They have full hook ups - water, electricity (50/30/20 AMP), & sewer. The utility connections were towards the middle of the sites. The sewer connection was above ground so it was difficult to establish a downhill flow depending on discharge point. There was a wooden outside table. No fire pits. Distance established privacy between the sites. There appeared to be some extended stay sites throughout the park. No obstacles to satellite reception. The park information showed 24 cable channels but made no mention of broadcast channels. Didn't try to get any OTA channels. The park provided WiFi was password protect with adequate reception. Our Verizon WiFi hotspot worked well. Didn't try the NET10 phone so don't know about the reception. No designated fenced pet area. No bag dispensers and waste collection stations for waste in the park but there were several dumpsters in the center of the park. However, the dumpsters were full making it difficult to throw anything away. There was sufficient area to walk dogs along the park roads & the nearby walking path. But there were some homeless camps along the path. The park selectively enforced their own rules. There was an unposted 5 MPH speed limit (sign was knocked down by the wind) that was enforced by video surveillance based upon the amount of dust generated regardless of the wind speed. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

Great shore-front park. Full hook ups, pull through site. Clean and quiet. This was close to everything. The manager was very friendly. The police cruised through the campground a few times - but nothing alarming. Great views and close to the small harbor. Just a few steps to the beach. We loved this park for the price and location. Ours was a pull in straight site - facing the ocean. Tow car parked right behind the rig; a manager complained that we were parked on the grass; there were no options to park next to rig. The downsides: Phone coverage (Sprint) was literally zero. The Wifi did not work at all the entire stay. This is a wide open fairly flat park; It just so happened to be extremely windy during our stay. No fire rings or picnic tables at all. Super easy in and out. Tow hook-up and un-hook very easy. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Other

Chart House had a pretty good breakfast with fresh crab an shrimp with a great view of the harbor. Go see the lighthouse at high tide. Jedidiah Smith Park is a must see!

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Besure to read the no refund no credit policy. I would just pay each day and not in advance as I did. Weather here is quite changeable and can be extremely uncomfortable & windy off the bay. You may wish to move on. Stayed in May very few RV in the park seems a couple full timer residents. Grass with cement patio. No grass catcher I guess because clippings were everywhere to get tracked inside. The large berm along the water front blocks any view from the patio. Dogs left alone next door barked all day. Male host very ridged not very accommodating and was spitting alot. Overall could be a nice place to stay if you overlook a few things. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Poor Conditions

A must see or visit lighthouse and Stout Grove in Redeood forrest. Did not find any good restraurants.

WTW

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Some pertinent info is often left off RV websites. There is no directional arrow on the campground map, it would certainly help to determine which site you may prefer, knowing that can be important, as winds can be substantial on the west coast. If you relish seeing the sunset be aware the costly waterfront sites face southerly not west and some back-in face to southeast so beside seeing water your looking inland rather than toward sunset. Also request a written confirmation of your assigned site as it just may not be available when you arrive. Although that may make any difference to the office staff. The gravel road is studded with potholes, sites are level but in a open flat area, access is easy. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

Didn't get an email of the reservation confirmation. Even though I called a couple times for the confirmation to be emailed and also emailed a request to have it emailed to me. Then when get there, I DID NOT get the site 17 that I had reserved. Got redirected to a BETTER site 14. Seems someone else was already set up in my site! WTH better site, really, was not the one I booked! We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Get a confirmation emailed if you can or there maybe be a surprise at checkin!

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $31.00

Attendants are friendly and knowledgeable of the area . Sites are large and easy to park . I chose the back in over looking the harbor the light house is off in the distance but you can hear and see it. The park is close to the redwoods and Crescent City. I took site 16 back in and there is still room to unload my Harley. This is a city owned park and there are no old beat up old RV residents camping here. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

site 16
Gravel, Grass, Pavers

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

Great place to stay while traveling thru or visiting the area. Large RV park with level sites. Most sites are pull thru except those facing the harbor which are either pull in or back in. Level gravel sites, utilities well placed. Easy check in. Convenient to everything in Crescent City. Good view of the Battery Point lighthouse and ocean at opening of harbor. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $36.00

Not worth$36. Left a day early without a refund. Some sites face the bay. Dirt roads and site, with very little gravel. Dirt and dead weeds between sites. Not acceptable park for us. It would take so little to make this part better. Basically a dirt parking lot. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Walk next door to the community center and stroll along the beach walk way.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $37.00

In my opinion a ideal campground for overnight parking, easy access pretty level gravel sides with a concert patio and 50 amp full hookup.
The host was very friendly and let us choose a side between a ocean few motorhome only and a pull-thru side (we choose the ocean view side).
Between the sides is enough space with grass and a concert patio but no picnic table.
The wifi signal is on the hole campground very strong, the download speed is not great but good enough for emails and web surfing and AT&T provides 2 bars LTE.
Two of the three showers were out of order and only 2 restrooms are available. In my opinion not enough for this size of campground, they need a second building in the back of the campground. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

use your own shower ;-)

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Great park. And location. Eateries in walking distance. Ice too. Restroom placed so it's a hike for everyone. I've quit frustrating myself with expecting good wifi. So don't know if it is good there. It was obvious the hosts hate their job, was the only negative. We camped at Shoreline RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Shoreline RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Shoreline RV Park & Campground ?