Catalina Spa RV Resort

Sunday: 9:00am - 5:00pm

Hours above shown for Pacific Time Zone

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball yes

Ask fellow campers about "Catalina Spa RV Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $30.00

I believe that this RV Park is under new ownership and they are in the process of repairing/replacing a lot of different things in the park. We were there for 4 days and the elect/water worked as it should with no issues. My issue with the park is that they have medium to large trees at the front of each RV space (at least where we were). Made it very difficult to get my 42' backed into my spot. My other complaint is all the services you need are at the back of each spot. I had to put out 30' of dump line to reach the sewer. Electrical just made it also. They do not allow U have the sewer hose on the ground. I do not carry 30' of hose raiser, so i disconnected the hose when not in use. This post is just advising other RV'ers of possible issues they might have. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Section 500

Date of Stay: November, 2018 - $27.00

Real nice park. Good water and electric. Quite and well kept. Lots are close to each other. My problem is really not big rig friendly. Not many pull thru spots and have trees close making it hard to get out. Cars park close to the road also making it hard to get out without unhooking the car. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $22.00

Excellent facilities. Great staff. Very appealing mineral spring hot tubs and pools in 2 separate locations within the park. Lower area has smaller sites but each is separated by flowering shrubbery. Landscaping with rocks and native plants is very attractive. Everything is clean & showers are the best I've yet found in an RV park. No free WiFi. Available 3rd party service is expensive with very poor coverage. Unusable in most parts of the park. We'll definitely be back! We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Sand

Only restaurant within 4 miles is the All Star Burgers at the corner of the street. A decent, old fashioned grill with reasonably priced tasty food.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $28.00

Our site was level with central hook ups. The cable worked great at the site but there was no free wifi at the site or in the club house. The staff was great and very helpful. The roads were wide with no issues with large rigs. The hot springs were very clean. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Catalina Spa RV Resort

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $29.00

We've stayed here several times before, but this time the place seemed to be a bit run down. They charged us an additional $18.50 per day for 50 amp service which we thought was way over priced. The roads are paved but the sites are all dirt/gravel. We have a big 5th wheel and most of the sites were too small and tight for us, though they did provide a nicer pull-through. There are mature trees with a minimal amount of landscaping...almost no grass. They have 2 pools and 2 mineral spas which are all natural hot spring mineral water and very nice. Verizon and Dish satellite both worked fine. The place is very quiet, but we felt a bit pricey for a Coast to Coast property. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Not much right around the campground, but within 30 minutes of town. Joshua Tree National Park is a nice day trip from here.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $27.00

The site was level and had just been raked. The hook ups were centrally located. The hot tub was clean. We had a back in with plenty of room and wide roads. There were plenty of advertisements stating the rate was $45.00, but our 50% came to $27.00?? We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $25.00

This park is primarily a "snow-bird" park which consists of mainly large RVs, not park models. So we felt like our rig fit in nicely with the others. The park is in really good shape and offers many things. The only negative things are: (1) the first impression (the office is terrible), and (2) the location (like all parks in this area, you're a long ways from anything). But we liked it a lot, especially for the price, and we stayed here on two separate occasions. Nice shade and wind blocks. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $28.00

This was one of the best places we've stayed. The park was clean and immaculately kept. The service staff was incredible. It was very nice to use the hot springs pools and hot tubs. It was a little bit out of the way as far as being near town and it was definitely windy, but otherwise, the stay was truly excellent. They had tons of amenities, and the weather was perfect! Great place to stay. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Asphalt, Sand

Try the meat pizza at Billy Q's in Palm Desert!

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $35.00

No fault of the park, but to save some reading, it is frequently VERY windy here. Windy like blow your stuff away. Chairs, tire covers, carpets, etc. So if you are OK with that read on. Park is older, but under new management. There are clear indications that work is under way and planned to improve the property. A lot of the sites are very uneven. All are very course sand (like the surrounding desert) and a few have old concrete pads. Suggest you scout your site before parking. Lower pool and facilities are new, modern, and in great shape. Upper pool and facilities are older, and a little tired, but clean and quite usable. Areas of concern: 1. Internet was $60.00/mo. from a third party provider for premium service, suitable for streaming. Everyone complained of not being able to get wifi in their RV, slow connection if at all, frequently dropped signal. Especially for the cost, this was a real annoyance. In two months ($120.00) we had decent internet the last week. 2. Daily, there were periods of sewage smell in various areas of the park. When dumping, we could not full open the dump valve without overwhelming the drain. 3. Main (upper) activity center water to washrooms/showers off many times, sometimes for more than one day. 4. Water leaks were an issue throughout the park. A worsening leak at our site required that we quickly relocate to another site on the last night of our stay due to destabilization of the ground. Site maintenance staff were excellent in helping us out. 5. The main office was being reconstructed. Both times we parked there, the next day our car had a flat due to nails/staples, etc. 6. Park was accepting reservations for next season. To get your choice of site, required 5 months paid in full by 31MAR. No refunds, except at the discretion of management for exceptional circumstances. (i.e. medical) We think this park has great future potential. Good value if you don't mind the issues noted above. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand

Palm Springs Street Festival Thursday nights, SAT/SUN College of the Desert market (produce, clothing, prepared food, etc.)

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $28.00

As soon as I pulled in, a staff member complimented me about my RV. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was able to get a space without a reservation. I stayed here 2 nights in space #200. It was a good central spot. Even though it is at the end of a street on an intersection, it was a quiet location. The park has a 5MPH speed limit and everyone drove slow and were quiet. The pool and spa were nice and warm. I used them both twice. The restroom and showers are top super nice. They have a store that sells lots of Camping World items at the discounted member price. I participated in a couple of their many social events and it was fun meeting other campers there. My only complaint is that most of the spaces I saw, people had to do leveling on their rigs. Seems to me if I created an RV park, all the spaces would be built level. Most of the spaces I saw had either a concrete or asphalt pad for your patio area. My space was mostly dirt. I will be back for another visit soon. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Lots of nice desert trails nearby for walking dog, exercising, geocaching, etc.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $23.00

I understand that this park has a new owner, and many improvements have been made. Unfortunately, they need someone in the reception area who knows how to make guests feel welcome. However, the improvements that have been made in the areas of the pool, hot tub, and shower rooms are outstanding. There are high end fixtures and sinks, lots of tile outside, and great evening lighting. It was odd that there were only two showers in the shower area, and only two washing machines in the laundry, since this is a large park. Hopefully these improvements will continue, and more of these facilities will be added. The sites are super close, although there are some bushes between them. With the P.A. rate, we would consider returning in the future. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $25.00

This is a very nice RV park, off the beaten path and away from city and traffic noise. The Management and Workcamper people were super friendly and helpful with any issue that came up during our stay. The park is clean and neat with tons of on going daily activities. There is a great little RV/General Store located within the park, plus a big horseshoe pit, pool, two laundry rooms. A park that also has night time security is a nice plus. If your one that requires extra large cement pads, paved roads and all the other hoity toity frills this may not be your spot, but if you want friendly staff and great campers hit this place up. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $24.00

Hard to rate this park, the new owners and management have done a great job of upgrading the lower pool area. They made a really nice room for pool tables, but the tables themselves are a joke. Now for the rest of it. Their security or Park Ranger's as they call themselves are looking for every and anything to complain about. We have been fulltiming for 5 years and had more trivial complaints from security while we we're here for 2 months than we have had in 5 years and have been in over a 100 different campgrounds. They are planting toxic Oleander's around all of the sites so that they will become smaller and even harder to park your tow vehicle in there small sites when they mature. The park has lost it flavor of wanting to cater to snowbirds and seems more interested in short term stays. Overall the new feel to this park is not for us we won't be back. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Sand
Not big enough for my motorhome

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $38.00

We were at the park for a week for a Rally. Working with the park prior to the event was great. The activity coordinator was very easy to work with and was responsive. I saw this park a year ago and it has had many updates since. They are still working on upgrading the park and seem to be committed to making it better all the time. They put all of our group together. Most of the sites were great but one of the group got a site that was too short for their class A. The good news was they worked with them and they got a very nice site. The rest were very happy with their sites. We had plenty of room at one of the sites to have group gatherings. The group price was very good. Dog walking is great. There was a gate that went to an open area that was very large. There is a fenced dog park as well. The pool and the hot tubs were really great. They were clean. There are two areas with pools and hot tubs - one near the gate and one close to where our group was. They have lots of activities. We had a rib dinner that was reasonably priced and good. We also had entertainment on Saturday evening that was great. A negative was you have to pay for your internet. Another negative is they do not allow you to come in after 5 pm. One of our group was late and it was quite a hassle to get them in and parked. The roads are easy to navigate. The sites are dirt with a asphalt pad. There are no picnic tables at the sites. The RV park is easy to get to. The site was nice but the Jeep needed to park sideways in front of the coach. Some leveling is required. Some of the sites are more level than others. We would come back with or without a group. It is a very nice place to stay. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Dirt

Joshua Tree NP is close by. The Thursday night street fair is huge! The Air Museum is a must. The museum in Desert Hot Springs is worth the trip.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $27.00

Internal roads are wide and paved but their speed bumps are brutal, sites are gravel/sand, our site was not level (needed 2 leveling boards) and fairly easy to back into, facilities worked well and are located towards the back of the site so you will need longer cords/hoses, site was satellite friendly. Staff were friendly and escort you to the site. There is no free park WiFi, I was told Apple products had a hard time connecting to the paid WiFi, T-Mobile and Tracfone cell service was fair to good 4G. The park was quiet. We would stay here again. We camped at Catalina Spa RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Gravel, Sand

Calico Ghost Town, Joshua Tree NP, Route 66 museum, Rainbow Basin.

Featured Campgrounds Near Catalina Spa RV Resort

Are you affiliated with Catalina Spa RV Resort ?