Desert Springs Spa RV Park

Desert Hot Springs, California

User2618

They raise the rent to help upgrade the park but have yet to see any upgrades. Wi-Fi was available when we first got there but now there is no Wi-Fi. Water goes off randomly anywhere from minutes to a day or more. Electric is outrageous as you pay more for park fees than the actual electric usage. They do have a wonderful pool and mineral spa. It works for a night or so, after that the problems will be plentiful. They do have a dog park but mine ended up with kennel cough as the area is not cleaned up. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

User2618

This park is a work in progress since the management is fairly new and the park needed a lot of improvement. We came to this park in Sept. 2011 due to my husband having temporary employment in the area. We fell in love with it quickly. The management is great, the natural hot springs pool and spa are at the right temperature to be enjoyed at any time of the day or evening. The laundry, restrooms, and showers are kept clean. There is a nice sunny clubhouse where they have Wednesday coffees, happy hours, and lovely dinners for the tenants during the holidays. We loved it so much that we bought a trailer and paid yearly lot rent so that we can enjoy our retirement years here and be a part of this wonderful community park. The people are very friendly and helpful with information on the area's sites. I would recommend this park to anyone wanting to stay 1 night or longer. More than likely you will decide to extend your stay. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

solarsteve4x4

This is a gated park, not new but relaxed, quiet atmosphere. It is a bit hard to find as the gate is a block or two down a small side road. We loved the warm swimming pool and hot Jacuzzi open all hours. In winter there are no crowds though the park is often nearly full with long-term residents. It's very quiet and friendly. A large fenced area is provided for pet exercise. A good stop on the way south to Palm Springs or the deserts in winter. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

RDA

The worst we have seen, especially for the money and, cash only. Very old, small and tight. Our 40' hung over onto the very poor pavement. Very tight spaces and if host hadn't helped, we would not have been able to get into our space. The website claims they have cable TV, but they don't. Redeeming factor is their Wi-Fi, it is the best we have seen in past few months. Mostly permanent or very long term tenants. Didn't know they had a spa or pool until after we left, and happened to see that on their website. Won't be back, especially due to the price. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

PegW

I came here for 6 nights and stayed for 8 weeks! The park is a little older and therefor I did not give it a ten. The pool and spa are wonderful and kept at perfect temperature. The management is friendly and helpful, and the people in the park are welcoming. I hated to leave and am sure to return. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Tent Trailer.

Hillbilly

Well used RV Park. It has seen its day and needs a lot of work. Management comes across as professional and caring, however is superficial. Sites are for the most part only 30 amp. Sewage hookups are all higher than the discharge of the trailer and there are no tables provided at the sites. Many spots are occupied by people who have their spots annually and for the most part, would rather you not stop and use what they consider their own private park. No activities to speak of. Excellent heated pool and hot tub, but here again not cleaned and cared for properly for the amount of people using it. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

mike from Canada

This park provides excellent value. We were met by the camp host, and never been helped more to set up. Our site was clean and close to the excellent and clean hot tub and mineral spring pool. This is being submitted while we are here for a month's stay: cannot understand some of the negative reviews posted about this park. Like everywhere else in this region, be prepared to batten down the hatches if the wind comes up! We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

topperwatson

We made a reservation here based on previous reviews. After getting through the gate and past the pool, this campground resembles Dogpatch with mostly permanents, old trailers, lots of gear stored outside, cramped together. The sites have a cement slab in the center which is about four inches above the surrounding dirt. You could easily blow a tire by hitting it. You have to maneuver your rig to be on either side of it. If on one side, you cannot put out your slides, if on the other, you cannot put out your steps and open your door. Since we arrived too late to go to another park, we opted for no slides for the night and left in the morning as quickly as possible. We camped here on Dec.15, 2009 but this site only allows one to select dates in 2010! We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

sandi & vince

Our host was absolutely wonderful. He had answers to all our questions and gave us a few very nice suggestions on places to visit in the area. We have had our motorhome for 2 years now, and we have to say that this has been one of our most enjoyable visits. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

mssasieprinces

We wanted a quiet,friendly park and that is what we have. The park is clean, well taken care of, and comfortable to be in. We feel very safe here, there is a gate and no one enters without the management knowing it. It is a dog friendly park with an area for our loyal friends. The laundry room, rest rooms, and club house are bright and well maintained. We have been to many great meals and company at the club house, and people are so welcoming. It is very quiet here and we wake up every morning to the sounds of ducks and birds, how wonderful! The pool and hot tub are one of the emenities that brought us to this park because the hot springs in the pool and hot tub are naturally treated. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

daveer

Very Rude management and loud noise. Rules not enforced. It use to be a nice park several years ago under the old management. Now they think they are doing you a favor by staying here. I would NEVER go back to this place! Oh and it is Woodalls reviewed which means nothing other than they are listed and get money for that service. I'll never trust a Woodalls site again! We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

56jimmyno1

Having spent 8 days here we got a good feel for the park. The owners have hired new managers and they are making great headway in correcting many of the problems pass management left them with. A large percentage of sites are annual but they are still some daily, weekly and monthly sites available. Reservations are a must during peak season (winter months). Pool and Spa are a little rough but repairs are planned for this summer. All public areas were well maintained. I believe this is a 55+ park, I have not seen one child. There is no play area so small children would be bored anyway. There are many activities in the surrounding area; Palm Springs, Tramway, theaters, and etc. We will return next winter for extend stay. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

User638

We were exhausted once reaching here and I was pleased that it was a very quick process to settle in. This park seems relatively quiet with no noises to distract us. Nice job. We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

SunnyJo

I originally planned to stay for a week and quickly turned my stay into 10 days. I enjoyed my visit to this park on the very first day. When I called the owner was very friendly and accommodating. He said they had plenty of space and even a pull-through site for me as I was driving a 36' motorhome with a tow dolly and tow vehicle on the back. When I arrived his wife was very friendly. I stayed here on my Camp Club USA membership. They did not charge extra for the pull-through convenience. Even with all that I was lugging around, all 45+ feet of me, I was able to drive around the park easily enough to the pull-through sites, which are near the front. It is a very quiet park, no road noise whatsoever. There are many residents who are very friendly and helpful. The all-natural hot mineral pool was an absolute delight morning, noon and night. They also have a jacuzzi which I did not go into but was clean and others seemed to enjoy it. There is a convenience store on the next block, but that's the only store around unless you go about 5 miles into the town of Desert Hot Springs where there are many more stores. I opted to go south to Palm Springs and Rancho Mirage (about 10 miles) where the stores and restaurants are plenty and there is a street festival in downtown every Thursday night, what fun. It does tend to get windy in the late afternoons which is the only annoyance I could find since it meant pulling in my awning. No reason to give this park a 9 because of something they can't control. At the back of the park is a nice little garden with chairs that overlook the San Jacinto mountains. You can watch the sunset in the evenings or the rabbits hopping around in the adjacent field. On my first night, I saw a mountain lion, but not to worry, he didn't stick around and I haven't seen him since. I would highly recommend this park to anyone who is looking for a clean, safe, quiet, friendly environment to relax and enjoy some of the beauty of this area. I will definitely visit again should I be in this area! We camped at Desert Springs Spa RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Desert Springs Spa RV Park?