Sunbeam Lake RV Resort

El Centro, California

Recent Rate: $36 9/2012

• yes-lake Waterfront

BlueSkyChili

Not as lovely as the website pictures depict, but still very nice. Spaces are level, gravel and not too close together. Cable TV connection. Security gate with intercom for late arrivals. Office staff was friendly and helpful. The best overnight spot within 60 miles. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tyler Az

Lady that checked us in was extremely RUDE! This place is a snow birds haven so I'm sure for them it's a great place but don't bother to stop if your just passing through. The lady was so annoyed that she had to explain the system to us and that we didn't already know. When we asked about the laundry I thought she was going to kick us out. I get it lady you're old and grumpy! The park itself was decent. They aren't very friendly towards pets either. Out of the 30 RV parks we have stayed at this was by far our least favorite! We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Sourkraut

Second time here for two day stays - once in 2010 and now in Nov 2011. In fairness as a response to others’ previous reviews from 2010, the new site management could not have been more helpful. From moving my original dates and sites per my request as well as quickly coming over in a golf cart from their home to the office to check me in when they saw me arrive after hours. I declined their offer of piloting me to the site as I am familiar with the park. Cannot comment on the pool/hot tub however the Wi-Fi, admittedly slow during daylight hours where we were (maybe a neighbor doing mega downloads), was not useless and the price was right (free). While El Centro does have many Spanish language stations of course due to its geographical location, 99% is certainly an exaggeration, eh Senor? Be advised you are 2.5 miles away from the Naval Air Station, thus you will hear/be annoyed by jets taking off during non “quiet hours” and they will be necessarily low that close to their runway. Intentional buzzing, etc., is left to the Mojave. All the RV parks in the area will be affected by this, however Sunbeam is the closest. In my two stays I did not notice manure smells but that may be seasonal fertilizing in nearby fields. I also did not see helicopters “looking for illegals” which would be highly unlikely 9 miles from the border. I found Sunbeam to be clean enough for a “desert” spot, quiet, large sites, good utilities, and all in all a good stop for that area. It could stand some grassed pet areas and the storage lot could lose some unsightly trash. We will go back. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

shelbourne

We arrived New Years Eve with the activity director and office manager announcing they were leaving. They couldn't put out notices because management wouldn't supply paper. Pool was shut down suddenly by the County, with no explanation. We were just ordered out of the pool. I ended up with painful little red bumps after using the hot tub and pool. Office said, ridiculous, it has to be something else. Stayed out of the pool, bumps went away. They have no activities in the afternoon. Wi-Fi is useless, we had to get hard-wired. Cable is 99% Spanish. They advertise a lounge with a big screen TV. It's actually in the main hall with no chairs other than metal foldouts. If you come to this park, you should come with a group or family. At 4:30pm all the private campfires start. (Don't be expected to be invited to sit around a fire, it's exclusive to each fire.) The reveille increases with each glass consumed. Everyday the Blue Angel jets fly so low the trailer shook, and by night you are treated with the military helicopters flying low looking for illegals. Did I mention the smell of manure occurring every time the wind blows? Or the dust invading the trailer? No we won't be back; in fact we are leaving one month, 3 days early: saying goodbye to our $100.00. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

RV Dog

This park is fairly nice and has wonderful seasonal residents. It is an average desert RV park and sites consist of gravel and a small concrete pad. We really liked alot of the residents and they were so friendly. We thought it would be nice to book and stay here for and extended stay in 2010/2011. We went to the office and tried to book a site only to be told by the office staff, "We cannot book you into a site as we have to book our regular snowbirds for 2010/2011. Please call us on April 1st, 2010 and we will book you in." I called on April 1st and spoke with the same lady who once again told me the same thing but now the date was May 1st 2010 to call back. I asked why and she said, "We are in the middle of booking reservations and cannot deviate from the schedule. If you don't want to call back on May 1st, I can't help you." She finished by saying, "But, I'll let you know, we will probably be all booked for next year by May 1st by people who have stayed here before." I replied, "I have stayed in your park and was following your instructions to call back on April 1st!" She concluded by saying that she was busy and could not spend any more time on the phone with me and if I didn't want to call back on May 1st then she would be happy to take my name off of the list. I told her that with the customer service skills displayed in the reservation process, we would not feel comfortable staying in this park. Upon speaking with many of the residents here, they say that the management browbeats the staff and belittles them and the result is in the way the staff deal with customers. A nice park but not worth jumping through the "hoops" by the office staff. Saved our time, plan to go to Rio Bend nearby. They are VERY friendly and helpful. They can't do enough for you and it shows! We will not return here. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Heidemarie

We camped here for a month. The sites are spacious. The campground's facilities are wonderful. The spa and the pool: just awesome! All around we were pleased and had a good time: except our view really put a damper on things. A few other campers and I went to the manager to complain and it didn't help. It was like they really didn't care. Also, one Saturday, at 6:15 AM, a cement truck came to pour a concrete slab. Are you kidding: 6:15 AM? We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

arkietraveler

Even though I called ahead the day before, there was no one in the office. Finally, the manager, I believe, came over and got me a site. The pool was closed and it was hot, so she gave me the site for $20. Good Wi-Fi and TV. Large level gravel sites. Must go through the county park to access the resort. No signage at the park entrance. So be aware. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Jeff J

Nice, big, clean park. We used it just overnight. Make sure you call first, there is no way to get into the park without a code to open the gate. I would stay here again. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Wandering Wishnies

Nice, well kept park. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

barbaraann

We agree with the previous reviewer's comments. This was a beautiful park, even during June, when it reached 105 degrees both of the days we were there. We had the park to ourselves, as well as the large, clean pool to ourselves. The facilities are well-maintained. Because it was the off-season, some facilities were closed and construction was taking place. However, we enjoyed our stay. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We would love to return and stay longer during the cooler months. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

bcbounders

What a beautiful spot. It was nice to have a lake in the midst of the desert! Beautiful RV Resort. The roads are really wide, which made if very easy to maneuver into our site. The sites are all very wide, too, and are perfectly level, with clean gravel, a large concrete patio, and your choice of 20/30/50 amp electric. All of the amenities (pool, spa, rec hall, pool tables, card room, library, computers, etc.) were well-maintained and clean. And Phyllis & Phill (the park managers) and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful. We stayed for a week, but would love to come back here and spend a winter season! We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

sdmick1

Nice resort. Well kept and the staff was friendly. The spaces were really large and the lake offers some good fishing for kids. I'd stay here again. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

rvfulltime

Primarily a seasonal resort with mostly snowbirds, but they do have a number of nightly spaces available. Nice pool and clubhouse with lots of organized activities in the winter. The staff is friendly and the restrooms clean. Pull throughs are saved for short-termers. The shade trees are a little sparse. Nice widely paved roads. Good library with clubhouse supplied computer for Internet access. Free WiFi available too. We camped at Sunbeam Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Sunbeam Lake RV Resort?