5 Average

Indian Flat RV Park

El Portal, California

9988 Highway 140
El Portal, California 95318

• Pull-thru Sites Pull-thru Sites ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Pickleball Pickleball no

Ask fellow campers about "Indian Flat RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $43.00

Great little park, as first time RV campers we found the owner to be very helpful and friendly. While the park itself is not fancy it is a great wilderness experience with just the right amount of amenities. It has no pool they have an agreement with the lodge next door to use their pool and just across the road is a wonderful swimming area on the Merced River. Wifi is also available for purchase from the lodge next door which was a nice surprise. Location is perfect for going in and out of Yosemite via the YARTS bus that stops about 800 feet from the driveway of Indian Flats! Being able to leave the RV parked was a big bonus for us! All and all we would use this Campground again! We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

The front desk at Indian Flats offers some often forgotten or broken items but the Lodge next door has a great little market that offers more convenience items at pretty decent prices. It's pretty rustic if you like it fancy better bring your tablecloth and such.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $48.00

Staying here was an adventure! Very small park on a hill across from a river, with the sites in a step format, rather than all on flat ground. We were in the front site, which was back in. The site on our back end was also a back in site, so the RVs are back end to back end and each set of two sites is up a level from the one in front of it. Hard to describe. Dirt site with a picnic table. All the traffic coming into the park came directly by us, and we had all the dirt from that, as a result. It wasn't a great experience sitting outside, due to this, plus when sitting there sometimes it seemed like the cars were going to drive right into us. No cell service here, which was okay but I wasn't crazy about not being able to be reached by phone. No wifi, unless one wanted to pay $9.00/12 hours to connect to the nearby hotel's wifi. Connecting was an issue, however, and my husband went to the hotel and sat in the lobby in order to use the wifi. We bought it once so we could map out our exit route. We also found connectivity of cell in the nearby town of El Portal, which is a tiny town down the road, where a cell tower sits near the Post Office. Sitting in the parking lot enabled me to talk with my kids on Mother's Day. Shortish drive to Yosemite National Park, which, oddly enough, did have cell service in most areas. If we stayed here again (and we would, as it is the closest park to Yosemite) I would want a different site, away from the front entrance and traffic, although when it was time to leave it was very easy to maneuver our way out. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Yosemite National Park is amazing! Go see and enjoy all the splendor there.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $48.00

Nice campground. Very convenient to Yosemite. Nothing fancy but had everything we needed. Full hook-ups and level site. Manager was very helpful and friendly. No Wifi (unless you paid extra) and no cell reception, but in many ways that was a nice break from the world. There is a road nearby but the noise is minimal. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Hotel with pool, restaurant and groceries next door.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $58.00

Camped in a 35' Motorhome with a tow vehicle in Site #116. We were camping in the Lower Pines Campground in Yosemite Valley but had to leave during the flood evacuation. We called and were very lucky to get the last large site in Indian Flat. Pros - - The owner (mgr?) was very friendly and accommodating. - The site was level and was a decent size with full hookups. Cons - - The site behind us though was very close resulting in the RV behind us being just a couple of feet away. - The price was pretty high at $48 (for full hookups) plus $10 per day for our two dogs....yikes - You can pay $10 a day for WIFI...yikes again. - No Verizon or T-Mobile even with our booster. Cell towers in Yosemite Valley so even though Yosemite is more remote you still have internet and cell service but not here. . The river is across the road but there is a lot of road noise as the campground is right next to the main road going into Yosemite. It is quieter at night however. It's not like camping in Yosemite Valley where there is no road noise and close to all of the trails, waterfalls, etc. but it works in a pinch. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Indian Flat RV Park

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $48.00

Stayed at this park as it was the closest to Yosemite entrance. The park was clean and the other guests were quiet. You are right next to the road, so traffic noise is present day and night. The park is on a hill side, so the sites are terraced up the hill with two sites back to back. The sites are back in, so you either have to drive to the top and back down and turn your trailer 90 degrees to park or do the same but push your trailer up the hill then 90 degrees into the site. Of course if you are lucky and no one is in the site behind you, you can just treat it like a pull through coming in from the other unoccupied site. I was hoping to be able to upload a copy of the RV site map here so it would make more sense but I don't see a way to do it. The hardest part of staying here is the office is not good at picking up the phone when you call to make reservations or returning call, emails etc. Took a post on their Facebook (which only they can see) and almost 4 wks to get a hold of anyone! We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

MHW

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

I called about two weeks ahead and made a reservation for two nights, June 30 and July 1. I put my credit card number down to "hold my reservation". I called later and said it was likely we would be a late arrival. Whoever answered the phone said that was ok, the map to the location would be on the door. We were late, we arrived at 11:00 the next day, a whole day late. I expected that they would charge me for the night before and then I wouldn't have to wait until 2:00pm to check in. Nope, they canceled our whole reservation so when I showed up with my family we were SOL. The owner or whom ever was in the office became belligerent when I showed up and said "Get the F*$( out of here you A Hole we have a 48 hour cancelation policy". I was confused by this as I wasn't even asking to cancel the night we weren't there, I just wanted the reservation I had put my credit card down on. His behavior was so strange that there must be some kind of psychological issue going on, or perhaps some kind of "medication" issue. I had to send my family on into the park in a separate car and drive myself and my camper back home. Needless to say this ruined our vacation and we had people in from out of town we were hoping to show a good time. Oh yeah, on my way out the door the guy said, "You'll probably leave us a negative review or something. Go ahead, I love it!!" Well, here you go. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

4 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $47.00

This campground is located very close to the El Portal entrance to Yosemite. It is mostly a gravel parking lot. The sites are not bad. We had no problem getting into our site and we were end to end with another unit, but were able to get our hook up and walk around easily. The office staff was helpful and did what he could to give us information and make our stay pleasant. There is an arrangement with the hotel next door to allow campers to use their pools which is nice. There is no phone service and WiFi is available for $8.00 for 12 hours. There is a shuttle bus stop at the hotel which is nice if you do not want to drive into the park. There is also a rafting outfitter right next door. There are a lot of tent campers, but they were not a problem. I would stay here again. It is the best you can do in the area if you want full hook ups We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $48.00

We have a 35' class A DP and we didn't have a problem getting in/out of our site. However, we had a site right on the main road so it was easy to back in. We were backed-up to a 39' DP and we each had plenty of room to walk behind our coaches to get to the hook-ups. I didn't understand the comment about Dish or using antennas as we had cable hook-up and it came in very clear on all stations. Water pressure was outstanding and electric didn't have any issues. Park is very convenient for going to Yosemite. We had plenty of room to park our tow vehicle next to the coach. 3 minor complaints: 1. The sites are grass/mud. Maybe they had gravel at one time, but there isn't any left. Upon arrival it had rained earlier and our site had many mud holes with standing water. However, we were able to park around them and we used level pads so that the levels wouldn't sink into the ground. 2. There isn't any Verizon service at all. Therefore, not only couldn't we make any calls or send texts, we couldn't use our JetPark to get WIFI for laptop, that I needed for work, and tablets. Had to buy WIFI from the lodge next door for $10 per day per device. Therefore, we only used the laptop. 3. Whereas the site was easy for parking, it is right at the entrance. I am sure that the Park can't do anything about this, but I didn't like that cars could park right across from the Park on CA-140 and "camp" there overnight. These cars backed in so that they were now looking right at our front door. Didn't like feeling like I was being watched. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $47.00

Location, Location, Location. This is the closest RV park to Yosemite's Hwy 140 entrance -- the only one open due to highway repair on 120 and 41. 20 minute drive to the Valley. Heard Hwy 41 just reopened, after we arrived. This park is smaller and older, something like 28 sites total. Our site had low-hanging branches preventing us entering the site. The caretaker was ineffective at removing, even after I fixed his extendable lopper for him. So I climbed on top of the rig and cut them myself. The sites are arranged two end-to-end (like a long pull-through) but with utilities at the middle of the lane, hence at the rear of the segment allocated to each RV. Requires a double-length sewer hose to connect. The fifth wheel using the other half of the site backed in and parked 2 feet off our rear end to be able to reach with his sewer hose. So had to pull out of the site to access my bike rack on the rear of the trailer. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

No conveniences in El Portal except for one gas station. No fuel in the N. P. Do your grocery shopping in Midpines if coming to the park via Hwy 140. Or use the grocery store in Yosemite Park.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $48.00

The location is the closest private cg to Yosemite NP. The sites are as close together as possible. We had no table or fire ring. Our cable connection was on a tree beside the rv parked in front of us needing two coax cables combined resulting in a terrible picture. The manager was extremely rude to us and to people he was speaking to on the phone when we walked in. We will not camp here again. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $45.00

The sites were difficult to negotiate even for our 30 ft coach. Once parked each coach was front to front with little room to walk in between. The hookups were awkwardly placed. If we backed in, our door opened into a tree, if we drove in, as was the preferred method, our door opened over a slope. It was all dirt with minimal gravel. I cannot begin to convey how rude and confrontational the white haired "host" was. We had just driven up to our campsite when my sister-in-law came over to ask if we could be together since he had originally said it would not be a problem when they came in 2 days prior. He suddenly, in a nanosecond, went ballistic... screaming and with arms flailing. I found him to be crude and rude. I usually feel somewhat safe in most campgrounds...not at all here. This guy has no social skills, nor people skills, and definitely has no business in any position dealing with the public. He is in desperate need of some anger management! We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

If you are going to Yosemite to camp with a good size rig, there are not too many options for you. Indian Flat is a good one. This is not an RV resort by any means. Expect real basic plug in camping. Location is what you need and this has it. Good enough restaurant/lodge next door, (same ownership complex as RV park), and you can use pool at the lodge and their showers.

Manager was bend over backwards accommodating. A great guy. Hope he is still there when you visit. We really enjoyed the stay, and... it WAS camping, albeit with full hookups. We could get Dish TV from our site, but I bet not all sites could do that. Trees and mountains around. It will not be one of your greatest camping experiences, but visiting so close Yosemite will be. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

usa

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $48.00

The campground was clean, the parking spaces large enough.

The access road to Yosemite NP makes for 5 clock on noise.

The staff are very unfriendly. No help to find a dentist. No refund for early departure because of illness in hospital.

I will not stay here again. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $42.00

Small hillside camp in a wooded valley with some pull-throughs and some back-ins. Restrooms are rather tired but we didn't have to use them or the showers. It is a very convenient location and the sites fill up by evening. It was the only one of 26 sites we stayed at that was full, so it's great that it takes reservations and is the only one that does round here. We would not hesitate to return. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2012 - $34.00

Thee rate is based on a week's stay. As other reviews have stated, the only thing this park has going for it is the fact that it's only 5 miles from Yosemite. You can get no phone or Wi-Fi while there; the high mountains around you is why. They do have TV hook up for a few limited channels. The restrooms and showers are the worst. They do not have any real place to walk your dogs or for kids to play. We would never stay here again. We camped at Indian Flat RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Indian Flat RV Park

Are you affiliated with Indian Flat RV Park ?