New Horizons Mobile/RV Park

Fresno, California 93722

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no

Ask fellow campers about "New Horizons Mobile/RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

I have stayed there several times over the last six years, in different spaces for extended amounts of time. The manager always came out and greeted us with a smile and kindly guided us in our space. She is very professional and patient allowing us to get hooked up and settled in and was extremely helpful. Every time we stayed it was peaceful and quiet. Definitely a great place, I would highly recommend this park too anyone looking for a comfortable place to stay with laundry facilities, pool, patio, picnic area, barbecue grills for use and horseshoe pit. We always look forward too staying ! We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Asphalt, Grass

Great Country Park! Conveniently located near two major highways. Rodeing Park Zoo is right down the street. Propane and gas are close by. Grocieries and Restaurants easy too find.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

I have stayed at this park on our travels on numerous occasions. The manager is friendly and helpful. She is the biggest reason we return every year. The park is clean. The pool is well kept when we arrive in the summer. The people we have interacted with in the park are friendly. Even though it is an older park it is well maintained. We will continue to return to this park. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $35.00

A charming park with Koch grounds and lots of shade trees. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $35.00

We almost didnt stay when we first arrived. It is an older park and we did read the reviews on this site. Apparently there have been some changes as there were 8x11 home made signs directing us to the office which would have been confusing had it not been for the nice young man in the trailer in the front of the park. He explained that the manager and office relocated and he had purchased the trailer from the park. I think a previous review bashed him stating he had harrassed people and was loud, I found no reason for such statements. He seemed very polite and knowledgable about the area and the park. The pool was closed for winter but it was crystal clear. The wifi was fine our entire stay, which was 5 days. The back of the park was not an area that I would want to stay as it is definitely long long term people, and they were messy. The road noise isnt as bad as stated in previous reviews; there is, however, a lady in a red car that drives in and out at all hours of the night playing her music very loudly. That was unpleasant to deal with. The area is a bit sketchy but the people that live in the front of the park were very nice and we felt safe and secure. Make sure you have a 50 to 30 amp pigtail if you only have 30 amp service . We were lucky the young man in the front mobile home had one and he graciously loaned it to us. Over all we had a nice stay and will return next time we are in Fresno. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

20 right in front

Plenty of places to shop and eat within a mile of the park, there is a nice city park and Zoo right down the street.

Featured Campgrounds Near New Horizons Mobile/RV Park

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

I am not sure if this park should take overnighters (we stayed 2 nights). We planned on staying a week using the park as a homebase, but between the drunk men in a corner site to all the traffic that went to the back of the park and the park owner (we think). Let's just say if she is the owner, she needs to hire a manager. Now if she owns the place it's hers to ruin, but if she is the manager then lord help them. We had go to the office twice. Each time I went to the office it was the same. The office was empty, so I had to knock on the door of the trailer it is attached too. Both times a woman with no teeth, a large black man, and the owner come out of the trailer smelling like a marijuana factory, all three of them high as kites. It was just surreal and an absolutely bizarre.

There are 4 mobile homes in front that are very clean and tidy. We didn't see one worker anywhere in the park; it just looks like nobody cares. DO NOT go in the back section; there is alot of traffic going back there all night long and we saw a Sheriffs Patrol car several times heading back there. Large lawn areas that seem to be the tenants yards (it is unclear), the roadways are narrow and need some repair work done. We saw lots of dogs off leash. The residents are a diverse group of characters. They were polite and friendly for the most part. The sites are difficult to maneuver, but the people are happy to help guide you in. I try to find the good in everything; lets just say this park was a challenge for me. This park could be a nice little park, but that will only happen if gets new management. My kids were terrified, we will never go back. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

I did not like my stay at this park. The WiFi stopped working after my first night. There is also a man who lives in front of the park that harasses people about where they park. His home was next to my site and he made a lot of noise at night. I was going to stay for an extended period but I was not comfortable there. The lady that runs the park seemed to be very nice. The guy who lives in front of the park is definitely going to destroy their business. This seems more like a place where people live with a few areas for travelers. There was a couple that lives near the front that I talked to that were very knowledgeable and friendly. The park grounds were in pretty good shape considering the drought we are in. The front of the park is clean and well maintained. However, when you go to the back some areas are very messy. There was a recreational room that was closed and I couldn't go swimming because the pool was green. Overall I was not happy with my stay. Good luck with your future guests because you will need it with the neighbor in the front of your park. When I come back next year I will look for another park to stay. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

The space I stayed in only has 50 amp electricity. It's no good if you have 30 amp and no 50-to-30-amp adapter.

Downtown approximately 1 mile away

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $25.00

This is an old mobile home park that is now taking in RV's. The park is small and run down. Our rate was the weekly rate. Our campsite was just inside the entrance to the park and the road noise was loud especially since their was a motorcycle bar up the road from the campground. The owner was very friendly and tries to do a good job with the landscaping but I did not feel she paid much attention to the looks of the rest of the park. The laundry room was very dusty and dirty. There is no cable hook. The sites are rather tight for big campers like ours. It would be an okay park for an overnight but we don't plan on staying for an extended period of time in the future. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2014 - $25.00

This is my third time staying at this park and my second review. It is an older park with a lot of full timers -- that includes many mobile homes, but well maintained and quiet. It is very easy to access from 99. Take the Olive Ave off ramp and turn right and go a couple (long) blocks past the gas stations and fast food eateries. It is on the left. The park is close to the Tower District with restaurants, banks, shopping, post office, and easy access to gas and propane. It is also close to the Rhoeding Park Zoo--a must see. I have stayed in the same spot each time I have been here, as luckily it was free. I recommend it for its privacy--the front door opens out onto a patio and grassy area with trees. It is by the entrance so there are cars coming and going occasionally but they have not been a distraction. On the other side of the hedge that borders this side of the park is a family residence. There are the usual family noises but they are respectful of their "neighbors", quieting their dogs or bringing them in when they bark--which they often did when my dog was out. The spaces are pull through of sorts -- parallel parking but drive forward into the spot after unhooking the tow vehicle. Then drive forward to hook up the tow vehicle when ready to leave and then for the spot I am in, drive forward out of the park. Wherever one parks it is easy in and out. The laundry room is clean with newer washers and dryers and is nicely priced. There is a bin for recycling at the west side of the park. There is also a nice clean swimming pool which I used last spring when I was here. Next to the park on the other side from my spot there is a "clubhouse" that belongs to a motorcycle club. I mention it only as a disclaimer as only on two occasions during my three weeks here was there the usual noise from a couple motorcycles that motorcycles make, but it was not ongoing and it was not late at night. The manager told me the noise from there has increased a bit since I was last here but it was not a problem while I was here other than what I just mentioned. The park has upgraded the (free) Wi-Fi and I got excellent reception the entire time I was here. The rate I paid was on the weekly rate. Yes, I will stay here again. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $35.00

Old and small, but an immaculately kept campground. The neighborhood looked iffy when we passed through, however no one bothered anything that we left outside, and we had a very safe and pleasant stay. There were mostly full time residents here who seemed to take as much pride in the park as their friendly manager. We were traveling with another 40’ big rig and the manager could not have been more pleasant and helpful and was able to park us together, even supplying an extra water hose to our friends when theirs didn’t reach. There were plenty choices of restaurants and fuel that is close to the easily on/off highway 99. Our reservation was for three nights but we decided to stay an extra one in the peaceful setting. We have a washer/dryer and air card so internet and laundry were not an issue, but the services were available. We would recommend this park and would definitely stay here again. I only gave this park an 8 because of the age of the park and the unusual way of parking could be a problem for inexperienced drivers. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2013 - $25.00

Prior to staying at New Horizons I stayed at two other parks in Fresno. Both were very nice. This trip I decided to stay at a park that was convenient for my needs while in Fresno, competitively priced, close to highway 99, and had gotten at least one favorable review somewhere. I planned on staying a week, but because of obligations in Fresno I wound up staying nearly three. I enjoyed every day at this park. It is old and in some disrepair as old parks can be, but don't let that scare you away. The grounds are clean and the landscaping is well maintained. It was also very quiet no matter the time of day. While the park is mostly full time residents (some are there to work temporary jobs), almost all the units are newer or with "good skin" and in good repair. Some people had their area landscaped in lovely and creative ways. The laundry room is convenient and always clean-- but bring your own quarters--cannot get change there. You can walk your dog through the park--there are plenty of grassy areas if that is what your dog prefers. I was parked in the very front across from the manager. The spot has a concrete patio right outside the door and as the units "parallel park" my door faced away from the road so my spot was very private--across from me was a hedge that separated that spot from a house outside the park. The park is not in the best part of town -- none of them are--but the manager is friendly, takes pride in the park and makes sure it is a pleasant place to stay. As a single woman traveling alone, that alone speaks for the positive review I give this park. I plan to go back through Fresno in a few months and will definitely stay here again. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2011 - $44.00

This is a clean, (for the most part) well maintained mobile home park with many sites for RV's. The manager is a great help and keeps the facility as clean as can be. She is available 24/7 and does her level best to make sure things are up to par. There are a few sites that the sewer is not functional (the hook up needs to be updated) evidently the owners do not give her permission to get these fixed. There is a weekly lawn groomer and a pool guy that comes in regularly in the summer months to clean the pool. The laundry facility is clean and the machines are nice and comfortably priced. I recommend this facility to anyone wanting to stay in the Fresno area. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $35.00

The positive - the lady in the office was nice. She told me to choose a site, get set up then come to the office. She gave me a registration form to complete. Wi-Fi worked very well from my site - #10.The not so positive - there were very few overnight spots. It was mostly long-term and very dated. There was a laundry room but no showers or bathroom unless you count the port-a-potty. I got a few TV stations with my converter box. There was a lot of highway noise. The cost of $35 is for cash or check. It's $5 more for a credit card. There are no discounts. I probably would not stay here again. We camped at New Horizons Mobile/RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near New Horizons Mobile/RV Park

Are you affiliated with New Horizons Mobile/RV Park ?