Pyramid Lake RV Resort

Gorman, California

tomandlori

We stayed here over Memorial Weekend this year. The name would imply that it was near a lake... nope... it is about six miles north of the lake and on the opposite side of the freeway. Don't expect to be camping near a lake. "Resort"... nope, more like "dump". It would be the perfect site for a horror movie. The whole place is in disrepair. Weeds everywhere. No grass. Garbage lines the hillsides. The place is in great need of an exterminator (roaches). They claim to have a "mini-mart", but it is really just a couple of wire racks with junk food. There are a few other items, but you would be better off to drive down the highway about 10 miles to the next town to get what you need. The owners barely speak clear English and so conversing is difficult. The pool seemed clean though. The playground is archaic and full of weeds. I wouldn't want my children playing there. There is an area near the rear of the park that it appears that some people live there full time. They have junk all around their RVs. The place is a mess. The rates are high for what you get and you don't receive a detailed invoice, so you aren't even really sure how the charges are broken down. They have full hook ups, however; they ask you not to drain your gray water. ?? What?? They advertise having wi-fi and cable TV. Ummm... nope! Couldn't even get internet on a phone, let alone on a laptop. We would NOT recommend this place for anyone. If you are traveling along Interstate 5 between Los Angeles and Bakersfield, CA and need a spot to sleep overnight, you would be better off at the Flying J at the Frazier Park exit. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

bonne1

At one time this was a nice park, but it is old and has not been kept in good condition. It needs a lot of paint and improvements. The owners were nice.The Wi-fi was terrible and barely worked. No TV. It's okay for one night. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Myrt & Gordy

I wish I could post photos of the terrible condition of this park. I wish I had read the reviews before I visited. I wish I had never tried to use the 50 amp power connections. I wish I had not brought my dog. I wish I had sprayed for roaches as soon as I arrived. I made big mistakes when I decided to go to this dilapidated place. The power had no ground and blew out our converter, our microwave and our 42 inch TV. The non English speaking manager would not accept responsibility for the power problems and was rude on top of it all. The place is all weeds and broken everything, and there are roaches all over at night. The picnic tables are most all beyond use, and the water pressure the lowest I have ever seen. But we were lucky - our water worked. Many of them did not. All of the people we talked to there complained of power problems. We went out today and spent almost $900 to replace what was broken there, and still they didn't offer even a refund on our rent. Please, please do not go to this place no matter what! We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Alfred Cushman

One of the worst parks we have stayed at. Bad water and low water pressure, might say no Wi-Fi, power was OK. Big problem: the owners are Korean and speak very little English: so communication is hard, but they want money for everything. The pads are full of sand burrs and goat heads: very hard on our 4 legged friends. The noise from I-5 is deafening all night long. Never Again! We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

DHTut

Positives. Large wide gravel/dirt sites with a cement pad with a table. Bathrooms are clean. Negatives. Low water pressure. Cable TV only has 8 fuzzy channels. Wi-Fi is very slow. Park is not well maintained: weeds everywhere. Miniature golf unusable and rundown. Kids area unusable, could be a hazard. Roach infestation throughout the park. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

walkertechie

I almost don't know where to begin describing this dump. To begin with, we made the mistake of "reserving" a site prior to arriving. Boy do I regret doing that now. First when I made the initial reservation, I was quoted a nightly price of $39 for up to 6 people per site. However when I submitted the request, I found I was charge an additional $11; $1 for 50 amp service, and then a further $5 for each person over 2 in the group. I called management, and asked why the additional $10 charge when there was only 4 in the group, (2 adults and 2 kids), all I was given was yes this was true and they do charge for up to 6 in a group. Sadly I accepted this and decided to press-on. Once I got to the "resort", the horrors only just begun. The first warning was trying to access the campground, which is set back in the mountains. You need to pass what looked to be a dump yard, before you reach the duct tape signage. The clubhouse was totally in bad shape. I walked in and the place looked like something out of an old western. Complete with dust and debris everywhere, a portion of the ceiling caving in from water damage. The online pictures of this place were very deceiving. The camp store is little more that 1 or 2 wire racks. Certainly not the full-on store we were lead to believe. If you don't like wild life, i.e., snakes, raccoons, and such, I suggest you keep looking. They posted signs everywhere about these being about. Especially the one about if you find a snake please report it to management. Considering the state of things in the campground, I fully expect many critters to roam freely. Cracked roads everywhere, cabins that look props for horror movie set. The mini-golf area that my kids wanted to use was pealing, overgrown with weeds and debris. I mean when you already know snakes and such are about, why leave the cabin doors open and inviting for animals to visit. The surrounding brush is excellent breeding and nesting areas. I mean this place really stunk and looked bad. If not for the lateness of the hour, we would have left immediately. I would not have cared if I wasted $50, there are much better places a few more miles down the road. Do yourselves a favor folks and just keep driving down the road. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

Explorer65

This site could be wonderful, but is not a resort as advertised. The whole area is covered with weeds. It has broken pavement and furniture, buildings and picnic benches with peeled paint, rough and/or burned surfaces, out of service bathroom stall, broken and duck-taped signage, broken screens and plastic furniture. The laundry room was clean, Wi-Fi worked well, and hookups were fine. However, ground is uneven, and our bicycle tires popped on the rocky, sticker-filled roads. Too far to walk or ride bikes to the lake. There is a half-court basketball area, children's play area, volleyball area and swimming pool. Pool was clean, but jacuzzi was filthy and outside shower didn't work. Play areas are run down and have weeds. Weeds around propane tanks at cabins could be fire hazard. Trees were lovely. A couple of months with a good grounds crew would dramatically help the location. The church/meeting room and several other buildings did not appear to be useable. It begs for clean up attention first, followed by fixing broken items, removing discarded mattresses and other items strewn around, paving roads, replacing broken concrete, and refinishing picnic tables/benches. The store and one meeting room have items of interest to travelers, TVs, pool tables, videos, and snacks. The people are pleasant and do patrol the park and want to make sure fire rings are covered for safety. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

redwake

I was surprised a little by this park… for some reason being right off the freeway I didn’t expect the wilderness atmosphere. The park could use some cleaning up. If the time were invested in this area the park would be perfect. It has a large game room, a small miniature golf course, and a small pool and hot tub. All of which were useable but as previously stated could use some cleaning. We used this as a midway stop on our track home however this looks like it would make a great base camp for boaters at Pyramid Lake. Nice pull through sites, If my daughter didn’t need to go to the doctor we would have loved to have stayed longer and explored the area. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

riche2999

Stayed here for only one night. This park was recommended by someone in Acton (which I should have known was a problem, they aren't any better there). What a bad recommendation. We wanted to camp near some water but not at this campground. The campground was all but empty (they put us right next to each other) and the bathrooms were locked. Glad we didn't need them. The management is very rude and seem to be a little tipsy. They seemed upset because my last name was Latino in origin. The campground is not recommended to anyone for any reason. Don't come here unless you like this sort of thing. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Wanabee FTer

Called on cell phone to reserve space, person that answered phone talked very fast and was hard to understand, but I was able to get directions. Check in was quick, first impression was this is an older, somewhat dirty RV park. Has nice pull throughs, I was assigned space 108. Sites are gravel with a cement patio pad. Took dog for a quick walk and found nothing but thorns around campsites. I had to walk the dog on the pavement all the way to the front office to find a small part of some what dead grass for him to do his business. When I got back I hooked up as usual but found the sewer pipe had no room to screw on the adapter. I found a couple of rocks and set them on top and opened my black water tank. All of a sudden it was a Robin Williams moment, the adapter started to take off because the drain was completely plugged! I shut off the valve but it was too late, raw sewage everywhere! By this time I was livid, I then looked at other campsites and found they had a different types of septic hook up. I found a stick and dug through the thorny weeds to find a hidden hook up. There is no excuse for this. Why wouldn't someone keep the weeds from growing around the sewer hook ups! We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

wuwu2222

This RV park was spread out and our site was a long way from the lake. Still a decent place to stay. There were a couple of people who were rude. The pony tail woman was fawning all over my children and she smelled of booze. Don't know if they work for the campground or just stay here. Still will be back from time to time. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Truck Camper.

Pumpman2

We stopped here at the end of the day and it was a great stay. An almost empty park so we had it all to ourselves. It has a great kids playground older but very functional. The kids loved it. When we drove in there was a goat in the front. Kids loved that too. Got a great spot with no one around. There was one other overnight camper there for the weekend. We hiked up the hills and had a lot of fun with that. They have miniature golf which the kids played 2 games and loved it and were ready for another round. There are 2 horseshoe pits too. The place is a bit run down and needs some maintenance so maybe a B- type of place. There is a Korean family running the place and very accommodating. They also have propane here which we filled up for $2.99 per gallon. But was nice for the one night we spent here. They have a nice clubhouse with Billiards and an old fashioned shuffleboard set. The pool was there but not heated. The hot tub was drained for season. It did get cold and our hose froze. Overall nice and you are definitely one of a few this time of year. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Motorhome.

mmariani13

We stayed here for one night the day after we bought our new trailer (first RV for us). The facilities were adequate. The site seems like someone tried to make it very nice a few years back, but lack of interest seems to have let it run down some. There were maybe three other RV's staying here that night, all of which got here late and left early. There is a playground and a pool in decent repair. There is a miniature golf course, but it is run down and unusable. The family running it was very nice and there is a small store and rec room available. Overall a good place if you need to stop for the night, but wouldn't recommend unless you plan on boating at Pyramid Lake for multiple days. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Teresa1983

Not a bad park but based on the reviews, people seem to either like it or whine about it. Had no problems or hassles. Quiet, great weather and easy to relax. Family was nice enough, seem happy enough to stay out of your way. Not much in terms of activities but I noticed there was a caravan using one of their club houses. I had to pay extra for 50 amp but still much cheaper than the RV near Castaic / Magic Mtn. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

papadebrag

It is an ok park, not as new and fancy as some, but the kids had fun. We stayed here twice. We camped at Pyramid Lake RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Pyramid Lake RV Resort?