Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground

• Full Hookup Full Hookup no
  • Sewer Sewer no
  • Beach Beach yes
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $55.00

Sites are too narrow. With slide extended, it was within 5 ft of next door's fire pit. Too close for comfort. With day users, it was difficult to maneuver rig between parked cars to exit park. Would stay again, despite the narrow sites. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $23.00

Handy location in the midst of winery country, and extremely well tended grounds and sites are big pluses. Electricity, water, and Wi-Fi worked very well. Sewer dump station is easily accessible, well designed, and clean. It's a shame that such an otherwise lovely park has dingy, dirty restrooms and no showers. (Apparently showers are available during parts of the year, but not now). Staff was exceedingly friendly and helpful. Price reflects Passport America 50% discount. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $40.00

I don't live in Sonoma County, but I'm in the area a lot on business, for extended trips. I stay in an RV when I'm there, and I've stayed many times in many different RV parks in the area. Alexander Valley will always be my first choice. You won't find an RV park with a friendlier staff, or happier campers. First, it can get noisy on weekends in the summer, but they have excellent security onsite, and somebody is there 24x7 to take care of any complaints, which they will do quickly and without much fuss. This park is family friendly, pet friendly and friendly-people-friendly. If you are a good camper and a good neighbor, there's nothing they won't do to make sure you're comfortable and happy. They really do care, and it's important to them to do business right. That means a lot to me. The park is in just about the most beautiful location possible, far enough from the freeway to be quiet, with pull-through lots that are actual campsites, not parking spaces! That's hard to find for a 37 foot RV. As I said, I'm in this area frequently, and I'm staying in an RV when I am there. And this RV park is where you'll find me. The park has a general store on site, a host / security presence 24x7, river access, a beautiful patio in the treetops and clean, well-maintained restrooms. There's a beautiful historic bridge to explore on the RV property as well. RV Sites have water and power hookups and there is a dump station onsite. All of the sites are beautiful, but I recommend requesting a site in the "Horseshoe". It's more secluded, closer to the treeline and quieter. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $28.00

Stayed a couple of nights here, since we live close. Rate used was Camp Club USA discount and got the site for $27.50 per night. They do have a dump station and have had it for awhile. There were a couple of long-term campers in the area we wanted to stay, but we found a nice site. I wouldn't stay here in the summer since most of the sites are close together. Only one loop has some roomier sites. Got a 2-for-1 buffet coupon for the nearby casino. Overall, the staff were very nice and easy going. No pressure about checkout time but it was off-season. We'll stay here again, but only in the spring or fall. They have made some improvements, but they need to get cable TV and Wi-Fi in. I couldn't get any TV stations with the antenna. Permanent showers would be nice too. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $45.00

Read the fine print, NO SEWER HOOKUPS. Don't believe the nice looking website, this place does not look that nice. We did not feel safe enough to leave our dogs alone during the day. No one checks to see who is supposed to be here, people come in during the day to get to the river and park in any vacant space and set up. It's very rustic, if you like to dry camp you might like it here, but if you like amenities, this isn't the place. Won't stay here again. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $49.00

In 25 years of staying in recreational vehicle parks we have never stayed in a more undesirable environment. Dry, dusty, and dirty campsites. There were campers still playing loud music and guns being shot in the trees until well after midnight. There were apparent homeless people rough camping out in the open. A deer had apparently been hit and killed on the highway above our campsite and not removed, the odor in the heat of the day very strong. The initial contact was not positive as it took the office three days to return our messages to make a reservation. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

FRH

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $45.00

Great if you are camping in a tent, but NO SEWER hookup. No restrooms, only porta-potties. We had terribly low water pressure, but management was working on the water system so it might be better now. We only stayed here one night instead of 4 as planned because I work and need good Verizon 3G coverage and DID NOT have it here even with my repeater system. We DID NOT have good AT&T signal either (we have both for redundancy). Nice wine country setting for a night or two if you don’t need Verizon coverage, laundry, showers, bathrooms and etc. and aren’t looking for any “resort” type amenities. I would not say here again because of the Verizon and AT&T issue. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $45.00

The website looks good: don't be fooled. Absolutely the worst campground EVER. This location is great for the wine country, but I would NEVER again stay here. There are so many reasons for this poor rating I could get into here. Just DON'T bother with this one. It was horrible! We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $45.00

This place has/had potential. We were one of a handful of RVs an/or tent trailers. Every site around us was filled with tents, at least 3-4 tents with 10 people or more. Dogs running everywhere barking like crazy. The place was loud into the late night then loud early in the morning. We were here on 4th of July weekend so maybe it was more busy because of the Holiday. We will not plan to stay here again. Really too bad because it is right in the heart of Healdsburg wine country. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2010 - $21.00

Convenient to Sonoma wine country and charming town of Healdsburg with shopping. Nice, wooded setting by river. NO DUMP STATION OR SEWER HOOKUPS. Grass sites (a little tight) with paved roads. Small store on site. Management was very accommodating for early-season stay. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2006 - $35.00

This campground has no sewer and no dump station as well as no showers. When asked where the nearest dump site could be found, we were told that they had no idea! The 50 amp service turned out to actually provide about 10 amps. After trying 3 hookups without being able to keep the power on due to the low amps, we did receive a refund. The bathrooms were not clean, there was very little hade and the entire park had a run down feel. The park we saw did not look like the one on there web site. I would definitely not stay here and would not recommend it to others either. We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2006 - $35.00

Don't make reservations here unless you are absolutely sure you will be staying here, because there are no refunds: ever. I even called the owner because the manager never told me this. The owner never called me back. I tried to use my "rain check" recently. This was a destination park after 4 days of boondocking, so I had full tanks. They have no dump station or sewer hookups. They send you down the road 5 miles to pay $5 to dump. Instead we gave up the money and went down the road to stay. While the staff wasn't rude, the place was a dump. I'd never stay here again. Go to Windsorland instead. Skip the KOA which charges $315/week! We camped at Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Alexander Valley RV Park & Campground ?